--- Log opened Sun Jun 02 00:00:35 2002
--- Day changed Sun Jun 02 2002
00:03 < huebi> cdwriting over the local net at 4.5 MB/s ! kool!
00:03 < huebi> Writing  time:  194.319s
00:04 < huebi> Fixating...
00:04 < huebi> Fixating time:   17.572s
00:04 < huebi> real3m47.616s
00:04 < vortex> What are you sending out?
00:04 < vortex> Okay, I'm getting used to this runlevel editor...
00:05 < huebi> vortex: Yes kool tool
00:06 < huebi> The times were for the rock-intel-i686-base+opt-1.5.15_2002-05-26_12h35.iso. 553 MB
00:06 < huebi> We need many new cd's for the Linuxtag next week here in Gernay
00:11 < vortex> ah
00:12 < huebi> time cp -av /mnt/cdrom/* /tmp/
00:13 < huebi> real2m49.679s
00:13 < huebi> This was my 32x Ultraplex.
00:14 < huebi> writing the data in 3m04.319s! kool!
00:14 < huebi> I like it.
00:15 < vortex> My; burners have become fast nowadays.
00:15 < vortex> I think I have a 32/12/8 or something like that, but I haven't used it for anything yet.
00:15 < huebi> vortex: Yes. And cheap. It did cost 79 EUR. The cheapest was last week 57 EUR
00:16 < vortex> cool
00:16 * vortex has no idea how much a Euro is worth compared to a dollar :(
00:16 < huebi> Traxdata 32/12/40
00:17 < huebi> 94 cent= 1$
00:17 < vortex> okay, thanks
00:17 < vortex> your burner should help a lot for the conference...
00:17 < huebi> Yes, I think so, too
00:20 < vortex> I have a group called vsxg0 but can't remember why.
00:21 < huebi> ;-)
00:23 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9525E4B.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
00:23 < tsa> re
00:23 < vortex> okay, it's used by tet3, which I have installed but don't use for anything.
00:23 < huebi> hi tsa ;-)
00:23 < tsa> huhu huebi ;-)
00:23 < huebi>  rock-intel-i686-base+opt-1.5.15_2002-05-26_12h35.iso. 553 MB writing the data in 3m04.319s! kool
00:24 < huebi> I just testet my new cdburner
00:24 < huebi> 32/12/40
00:24 < huebi> traxdata
00:24 < tsa> nice. manufacturer?
00:24 < tsa> plextor?
00:24 < huebi> traxdata
00:25 < huebi>  1,0,0   100) 'CD-RW   ' 'CDR-3240S       ' 'XSG5' Removable CD-ROM
00:25 < tsa> ide/scsi?
00:25 < huebi> ide
00:25 < huebi> 79 EUR
00:25 < tsa> nice. i prefer scsi stuff, anyway..
00:26 < tsa>         0,4,0     4) 'PLEXTOR ' 'CD-R   PX-W1210S' '1.03' Removable CD-ROM
00:26 < huebi> me too. last year I bought 4 ide disks. the rest is all scsi
00:26 < tsa> cdrecord doesn't like devfs on linux so far, it seems..
00:26 < huebi> cdrecord -scanbus dev=/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/generic
00:27 < tsa>  /etc/devfsd.conf:
00:27 < huebi> time cdrecord -vv dev=/dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target0/lun0/generic speed=32 fs=31M -eject rock-intel-i686-base+opt-1.5.15_2002-05-26_12h35.iso
00:27 < tsa> REGISTER ^scsi/host0/bus0/target4/lun0/generic  MKOLDCOMPAT
00:27 < tsa> UNREGISTER ^scsi/host0/bus0/target4/lun0/generic        RMOLDCOMPAT
00:27 < rxr> re
00:27 < tsa> cdrecord dev=0,4,0 is less to type ;)
00:27 < tsa> hi rxr
00:27 < huebi> tsa: Ah interesting. I never understood that.
00:28 < huebi> tsa: bash completion
00:28 < huebi> ;-)
00:28 < tsa> hehe
00:28 < vortex> Okay, time to try my luck at bringing up the new partition.
00:28 -!- vortex [mgorse@209-6-186-92.c3-0.wth-ubr1.sbo-wth.ma.cable.rcn.com] has quit ("ircII EPIC4-1.0.1 -- Are we there yet?")
00:28 < tsa> i currently need devfsd for cdrecord, nvidia stuff and gnome
00:29 < rxr> tsa: s.th. importatant today ?
00:29 < tsa> gnome insists on /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer ..
00:29 < tsa> rxr: hm....not really, from what i remember..
00:29 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@pD9023118.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
00:29 < rxr> tsa: ah thanks
00:29 < rxr> I'm really puffed out.
00:29 < aszlig> hi
00:29 < tsa> some minor stuff, clifford was here for a while..
00:29 < huebi> rxr:  tsa  Yes gnome needs that.
00:30 < rxr> carring stuff from the 4th level of one house to the 3rd of another ...
00:30 < tsa> i guess nvidia stuff won't change it's behavior regarding this...
00:30 < rxr> tsa: OH!
00:30 < tsa> but i'd like to see future versions of cdrecord and gnome to correctly deal with devfs
00:32 < tsa> BTW.... has anyone ever submitted any of our patches back to the software author? and if, with which result?
00:33 < huebi> tsa: esden did it with dietlibc
00:33 < huebi> it's now in cvs
00:33 < tsa> this is nice.
00:34 < tsa> i was th eone and only person providing devfs patches for the nvidia stuff (yes, all the patches that are available on the net are actually from me).
00:34 < tsa> i contacted nvidia.
00:34 < tsa> applied for their developer program.
00:34 < tsa> zero feedback.
00:34 < tsa> absolutely nothing.
00:35 < tsa> in 1.0-2323 release of their stuff, they integrated my patch with a one-line-difference. 
00:35 < tsa> still no feedback at all.
00:35 < huebi> That's normal if their is no good boss for public relations.
00:36 < tsa> perhaps i should have wrote down my own proprietary stuff for my patch... ;-)
00:36 < huebi> Sun Ultra 30 UPA/PCI (UltraSPARC-II 296MHz), No Keyboard
00:37 < tsa> just a tiny license....integrate this and pay $$$$ ;-)
00:37 < huebi> nothing for xinerama freaks
00:37 < tsa> hehe
00:38 < huebi> tsa: Nvidia will go down again as all too fast growing companies ;-)
00:38 < tsa> huebi: hm...i am not too sure about that...they already got themselves a big share in the gfx market...
00:39 < tsa> ati is too small to compete.
00:39 < tsa> matrox might be possible..
00:39 < huebi> yes, matrox
00:39 < rxr> tsa: are you sure matrox is bigger than ati ? 
00:39 < tsa> but as it seems, matrox stuff is still a lot more expensive than nvidia.
00:40 < tsa> and nvidia releases 3 new chips while matrox makes one. more sales for nvidia, then..
00:41 < tsa> i think nvidia will keep a big share of the market for next years, at least..
00:42 < huebi> Matrox is still quite big
00:42 < tsa> rxr: well....this is a difficult question. sure, both are available on the market, but i think you have to compare what people associate with the company's name
00:42 < tsa> nvidia make nice and cheap (somewhat) 3d stuff.
00:43 < tsa> matrox makes gfx stuff with very good quality
00:43 < rxr> not nice as long as I donot see open-sourced drivers ...
00:43 < tsa> ati exists.
00:43 < tsa> no more. no less.
00:43 < tsa> rxr: we're still iving in a windoze-dominated world..
00:44 < rxr> they don't get any money from me for any box I configure as long as the source is not lying in my hands ...
00:44 < tsa> there's just nothing special about ati.
00:44 < rxr> they opened the specs for all up t o readon 7xxx ...
00:44 < rxr> only the 8xxx hs not 3d driver yet ...
00:45 < tsa> Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/1' - please check.
00:45 < tsa> GRRR
00:45 < huebi> 4 Years ago there were no specs from ati
00:45 < tsa> how can i circumvent this when trying to run "screen" after "su" ..?
00:46 < huebi> chmod 777 /dev/pts/1
00:46 < tsa> argh.
00:46 < tsa> no way.
00:46 < tsa> there must be another solution
00:48 < tsa> (no, i won't make my audiogalaxy account a member of the "tty" group, either..
00:48 < tsa> )
00:50 < huebi> good night. see you tomorrow
00:50 < tsa> cu huebi
00:50 < tsa> sleep well..
00:50 < huebi> 1.5.16 compiles on sparc64. more tomorrow
00:50 < tsa> ok
00:50 < huebi> or later ;-)
00:55 < tsa> hehe ;)
00:57 < rxr> cu huebi 
01:12 < rxr> cu later. n8
01:12 < tsa> cu rxr
01:15 -!- tomik [~tomik@193.109.181.247] has quit (Ping timeout: 14400 seconds)
01:22 -!- d3mian [~user1@208.165.55.137] has joined #rocklinux
01:22 < d3mian> re
01:33 < d3mian> congrats, 8-0
01:41 < tsa> hi d3mian
01:41 < tsa> yes, heard about it..
01:41 < d3mian> cool
01:41 < d3mian> didnt you see the match?
01:41 < tsa> no, didn't have the time..
01:42 < d3mian> was kool, klose did 3 goals
01:42 < tsa> but it's pretty impressing, it guess..
01:42 < tsa> nice
01:42 < d3mian> linke too
01:42 < tsa> ah, i see
01:42 < d3mian> well, a lot of goals :)
01:42 < tsa> yes..
01:42 < tsa> not quite what i expected, though..
01:43 < tsa> 8-0 sounds like a match between pro's and beginners..
01:43 < tsa> ;-)
01:43 < d3mian> hehe, germany is a pro
01:44 < tsa> well...it has just begun....we'll wait and see what will happen in the next rounds..
01:45 < d3mian> sure, i would like to see them playing with ppl at the same level
01:45 < tsa> yes..
01:46 < d3mian> arabian's dont really play good
01:46 < d3mian> hehe, and taliban's ppl say that soccer is a way of occidental conspiration
01:46 < tsa> hehe
01:47 < d3mian> this tuesday costa rica will play
01:48 < d3mian> i think it will clasificate with Brasil
01:48 < tsa> ;-)
02:00 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has quit ("BitchX: no additives or preservatives")
02:13 < d3mian> can i boot the rock install disk from my current loader in my hard disk? ( i have ramdisk support and that stuff)
02:15 < tsa> no idea, never tried it.
02:16 < d3mian> ok ;-) i ahve to go and work, and later watch the matches, cu later guys
02:17 -!- d3mian [~user1@208.165.55.137] has quit ("asdf")
02:47 -!- d3mian [~user1@208.165.55.137] has joined #rocklinux
02:47 -!- d3mian is now known as d3m|away
03:00 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1CA19.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
03:06 < tsa> rxr: awake?
03:06 < tsa> rxr: ok, i'll send you a mail.
03:14 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1CA19.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
03:14 < bluefire> Re
03:14 < bluefire> Can anybody access sourceforge?
03:14 < d3m|away> sure :)
03:15 < bluefire> d3m|away: I can't they seem to be down. Neither www nor cvs nor shell works
03:16 < bluefire> Hmmm at least www works again
03:18 < bluefire> Argh! now it's offline again.
03:19 < bluefire> Well good reason to go to bed.
03:19 < bluefire> Good night all
03:19 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1CA19.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
03:31 -!- d3m|away [~user1@208.165.55.137] has quit ("asdf")
03:38 < tsa> n8
03:38 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9525E4B.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
03:48 -!- clifford_away [~clifford@M114P011.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
03:50 -!- clifford_away [~clifford@62.46.0.186] has joined #rocklinux
04:49 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD9048479.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
05:22 -!- hackbard_ is now known as hackbard
05:23 < hackbard> ich hau mich hin, n8 all
05:23 -!- hackbard is now known as hack^zzZ
07:36 < huebi> moin
08:48 < huebi> alle moch am schlafen? ;-)
08:49 < huebi> s/m/n/
09:43 < huebi> Arghh. Die Sonne scheint jetzt ins Zimmer. Ich seh' nichts mehr....
10:49 < huebi> hmm. egcs now does not compile anymore on Sparc64
11:00 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@p508173DB.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
11:00 < bluefire> Moin
11:00 < huebi> hi bluefire ;-)
11:18 < praenti> moin
11:19 < praenti> huebi: das problem an den install-disks schon gefunden?
11:20 < huebi> praenti: Schone eingekreist, aber noch nicht behoben. Die CVS directories stoeren beim kopieren.
11:20 < praenti> huebi: welche CVS directories?
11:21 < praenti> laut fehlermeldung findet der ja ne datei nicht, soweit ich das gesehen hab
11:21 < praenti> hab allerdings noch nicht die skripte gelesen
11:21 < huebi> praenti: Im rock-src tree lasse ich jetzt die CVS directories stehen, damit man direct aus dem build tree cvs nutzen kann.
11:22 < huebi> praenti: Im Moment mache ich noch etwas anderes. Ich komme in ca 1h dazu
11:22 < huebi> praenti: schaetze ich.
11:23 < praenti> huebi: meinst du cvs aus der chroot? 
11:23 * praenti hat heute ne lange leitung
11:25 < huebi> praenti: cvs direkt aus rock-orig (rock-1.5)
11:28 < praenti> huebi: is ja cool
11:31 < huebi> praenti: Ich bin immer irgendwann durcheinander gekommen wo welche Aenderungen jetzt gueltig sind ;-) Jetzt passiert alles im cvs checkout tree. Dann geht auch so schnell nichts mehr verloren.
11:35 < praenti> huebi: soweit ich das jetzt gesehen hab, fehlen im paket install-disks ein paar lilo spezifische dateien
11:35 * praenti muss jetzt essen
11:35 < huebi> guten Hunger ;-)
11:44 -!- clifford_away [~clifford@62.46.0.186] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
11:50 -!- clifford_away [~clifford@62.46.3.41] has joined #rocklinux
11:52 * praenti is wieder da
11:54 < huebi> re praenti 
11:54 < huebi> brb
12:04 -!- term_emu [~pm@pD9E33DF4.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
12:06 < term_emu> hopi'
12:07 -!- surprise [kdlcjc@greencard.inder.eu.org] has joined #rocklinux
12:17 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD9048F07.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
12:33 < huebi> re
12:35 < huebi> xinerama mit 3x 1600x1200 funktioniert jetzt. *freu* Und das CD-ROM hat auch noch die Loetung gebraucht.
12:38 < huebi> Die ELSA Grafikkarten kommen bei 1600x 1200 und 85HZ ganz schnell an ihre Grenzen. Viel zu wenig Bandbreite, alles unscharf.
12:47 < esden> hi all
12:48 < esden> huebi: tja ...
12:49 < huebi> hi esden ;-)
13:05 -!- hack^zzZ is now known as hackbard
13:06 < hackbard> morning
13:06 < huebi> hi hackbard 
13:06 < hackbard> hi huebi
13:08 < hackbard> cool, xinerama mit 3 monis in der aufloesung!
13:08 < hackbard> wieviel zoll?
13:09 < huebi> 3x 21" 2 IBM P202, das sind intern Sony Trinitron und 1 Iiyama Vision Master Pro 500
13:10 < huebi> Virtuelle Desktops brauche ich jetzt weniger
13:10 < hackbard> hehe
13:11 < hackbard> "xdpyinfo | grep dimensions" ;)
13:12 < hackbard> 4600x1200 ?
13:12 < huebi>   dimensions:    4800x1200 pixels (1206x302 millimeters)
13:12 < hackbard> oh, ja 800 :p
13:12 < hackbard> cool!
13:15 < huebi> ungewohnt, die Maus braucht jetzt viel Beschleunigund
13:19 -!- netcrow [netcrow@apollo.bingo-ev.de] has joined #rocklinux
13:19 < netcrow> Morgen
13:20 < esden> huebi: wocher kriegst du die monitore ... *heul*
13:20 < huebi> hi netcrow 
13:20 < esden> ich will auch drei P200 serien monitore
13:20 < esden> hi netcrow 
13:20 < esden> hi hackbard 
13:20 < huebi> Ein Terminal mit 530 x 78 Zeichen ist auch ganz nett ;-)
13:20 < hackbard> hi esden
13:20 < hackbard> moin netcrow
13:21 < huebi> esden: Ich habe meine beiden IBM's mal bei Livingston fuer 400 EUR das Stueck gekauft.
13:22 < huebi> ca 1 Jahr alt und mit insgesamt 3Jahren Garantie.
13:22 < esden> naja ... P202 waehren besser als die P200 weil die P200 ter haben einen 13w3 anschluss ... und die kabel dazu sind scheiss teuer ...
13:23 < huebi> P202 hat beides. Ich habe mir auch beide Kabel mitgeben lassen.
13:23 -!- term_emu is now known as term_aweh
13:23 < esden> huebi: hast du zugang zu solchen kabeln ? 
13:24 < huebi> esden: Ich kann auf jeden Fall mal fragen. Mit dem Vertriebsleiter fuer IBM stehe ich ganz gut.
13:24 < huebi> 13W3 auf VGA ?
13:25 < esden> ich meine dabei ein sync on green kabel HD15 maennlich auf 13W3 weiblich
13:26 < huebi> esden: o_O Das kriegen die nie hin!
13:26 < esden> denn ich bin nicht sicher ob ich es schaffe der grafikkarte zu sagen dass sie sync on green fahren soll
13:27 < esden> huebi: meinst dass mit sync on green ?
13:27 < huebi> Die mussen wissen, welcher Monitor an welche Maschine. Dann koennen die das Kabel raussuchen.
13:27 < esden> ok ... dann sage ich P200 an einen normallen rechner
13:28 < huebi> Sync? Kenn' ich nicht. green? Nein das sind natuerlich Farbmonitore.
13:28 < huebi> hehe
13:29 < esden> lol
13:29 < huebi> Mag noch jemand eine JAVAStation haben?
13:29 < esden> hmm ... sicher wenn es die um sonnst gibt ;-)
13:29 < huebi> Livingston hat noch 4 Stueck. 
13:29 < huebi> esden: immer noch 100 EUR
13:29 < esden> dann habe ich endilch ein gutes terminal ;-)
13:30 < esden> huebi: ahh baeh
13:30 < huebi> ;-)
13:30 < esden> huebi: ich habe so viel geld schon seid ewigkeiten nicht mehr gesehen ... ;-)
13:34 < esden> suuuper ... scheissdreck .. 99$ fuer eine festfrequenz pci grafikkarte 
13:34 < esden> argh
13:34 < esden> irgendjemand will sterben oder ?
13:35 * -> esden braucht endlich ne arbeit !!!
13:36 < esden> am besten die was mit rocklinux zu tun hat ...
13:36 < esden> aber wo man geld bekommt
13:36 < esden> mensch
13:36 < esden> *aufreg*
13:36 < netcrow> hehe
13:37 < netcrow> esden: schon mal mit organverkauf versucht?
13:38 < esden> ich mache eine samenspaende ;-)
13:40 < netcrow> stimmt, da bekommst 5 euro dafür..
13:40 < esden> WAS???
13:40 < netcrow> kannst aber nur alle 3 wochen machen...
13:40 < netcrow> <hab ich im tv gesehen>
13:41 < esden> ah ... tv ... alles klar ;-)
13:42 < esden> aber nur 5 EUR ???
13:42 < esden> und wieviel fuer blutspaende ?
13:42 < huebi>  
13:42 < huebi>  ___________________________________ 
13:42 < huebi> Ich darf oefter. Un mein Herrchen \
13:42 < huebi> \ kriegt auch viel mehr dafuer.     /
13:42 < huebi>  ----------------------------------- 
13:42 < huebi>         \   ^__^
13:42 < huebi>          \  (oo)\_______
13:42 < huebi>             (__)\       )\/\
13:43 < huebi>                 ||----w |
13:43 < huebi>                 ||     ||
13:43 < huebi>  
13:43 < esden> mennoo ... 
13:43 < huebi> esden: Blutplasma ist auch eine Moeglichkeit.
13:43 < huebi> das geht einmal die Woche
13:44 < esden> huebi: du musst dir da keine gedanken machen ... du hast eh genug geld fuer so kleinigkeiten ... ich habe fuer die kleinigkeiten kein geld *heul*
13:44 < huebi> hat meine Schwester gemacht, bis si dann ploetzlich eine Trobmose hatte. War lebensgefaehrlich!
13:44 < esden> huebi: aber wieviel kriegt man da ?
13:44 < esden> ohh ... nicht gut ... 
13:45 < huebi> 25DM und ein gutes Essen *fg*
13:45 < esden> naja risiko muss sein
13:45 < huebi> risiko? hehe mom
13:46 < hackbard> huebi: hast du beim 1.6 noch wie beim 1.5.12 das locale problem?
13:47 < huebi> hackbard: Was meinst DU?
13:48 < hackbard> wenn du zb ein perl script aufrufst, sagt er dann LNAGUAGE und LC_ALL unset?
13:48 < esden> ahhh geil geil geil
13:48 < hackbard> zb. ./scripts/Puzzle
13:48 < esden> http://www.fz-rossendorf.de/FVTK/MITARB/schmei/Linux/hardware/Monitor/syncongreen.html <-- sync on green converter
13:56 -!- netcrow [netcrow@apollo.bingo-ev.de] has quit ("leaving")
13:57 < huebi> esden: Risiko!! http://rocklinux.dyndns.org/files/leftsomething.mpg
14:02 * -> esden sauging
14:13 < esden> auuutsch 
14:13 < esden> @ huebi 
14:13 < esden> BAD IDEA
14:13 < esden> ;-)
14:19 < huebi> hehe
14:22 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@pD9023118.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
14:22 < huebi>  Ob esden jetzt Gefahrensucher wird?
14:23 < esden> wenn ich jetzt anfange an der monitor elektronik zu basteln dann lebe ich auf jeden fall gefaehrlich
14:25 < huebi> esden: Dann zieh' bloss nicht den Stecker raus. Das kann ja jeder. Hochspannungsloeten, das ist es!
14:25 < praenti> kann mir mal schnell einer bei einem scsi problem helfen?
14:25 < huebi> praenti: jo
14:26 < esden> huebi: ja dass meinte ich ;-)
14:26 < praenti> huebi: ist ein music-sampler mit scsi ausgang. daran hängen ein cdrom und eine ibm platte
14:26 < praenti> huebi: sobald die platte läuft erkennt das gerät das cdrom nicht mehr
14:27 < huebi> Wie sind die ID's von beiden?
14:27 < praenti> huebi: cdrom id 5 platte id 6
14:27 < huebi> und controller/Musik-sampler?
14:28 < praenti> huebi: 7= Host Computer 4=ESDI irgendwas
14:28 < praenti> also ich vermute mal das er dann die 4 hat
14:29 < huebi> und wenn du der Platte mal die ID 0 oder so gibts?
14:29 < praenti> da is ne floppy drauf
14:29 < huebi> eine andere freie?
14:29 < praenti> jo. die 3 z.b.
14:30 < praenti> also du vermutest id problem. ich probier dann mal rum
14:30 < huebi> praenti: ok
14:32 < praenti> also platte jetzt 1 und cdrom 5 und 6 probiert. cdrom immer noch unsichtbar
14:33 < praenti> am liebsten würd ich ja den turm mal an den scsi controller vom pc ranhängen. bloß da fehlt mir das richtige kabel
14:33 < huebi> anderes CDROM ?
14:34 < praenti> hab kein da
14:34 < praenti> s/kein/keins
14:52 < esden> lool die lugin leute meinen dass awk schwer ist ... ach wie schoen
14:53 < esden> ich habe mir dass auf einer fahrt mit dem zug nach moenchen angeeignet
14:53 < esden> also ... ungefaehr eine stunde
14:53 < esden> was ist dann so swierig drann ?
14:56 < esden> praenti: kommst lugin treffen heute ?
14:56 < esden> ich will die mir mal antun
15:14 -!- [anders] [~guest@62.3.122.166] has joined #rocklinux
15:14 < [anders]> re people
15:15 < praenti> esden: is das heute?
15:15 < esden> ja praenti 
15:15 < praenti> esden: wann?
15:16 < esden> also schwing dich ins bitv
15:16 < esden> z
15:16 < esden> von da gehen wir dass
15:16 < esden> nn
15:16 < esden> argh
15:16 < esden> um 16 uhr
15:16 < praenti> esden: WANN?
15:16 < esden> im tagblatt
15:16 < praenti> buah. ich schau mal
15:16 < esden> also jetzt schwingen ;-)
15:16 < praenti> geht jetzt noch net
15:16 < esden> nix schauen
15:17 < esden> praenti: wir muessen rock vertreten
15:17 * [anders] is a tad pissed off today... ALSA 0.9.0 (rc1 & beta9) has stopped working....
15:17 < praenti> du ich muss für die schulung morgen noch cds brennen muss meine kiste neu installieren und heute abend bin ich noch wo anders
15:18 < [anders]> ???
15:18 < praenti> mehr als schauen is net drin. ich bin im bitz bis 16:00 uhr da oder nicht
15:18 < esden> praenti: ausreden
15:18 < [anders]> export LANG=en_US
15:18 < praenti> esden: magst du die schulung morgen halten?
15:18 < praenti> *kopfschüttel*
15:18 < esden> praenti: uiui schlechte stimmung der herr
15:18 < esden> tztztz
15:19 < esden> naja ... ich gehe dann mal
15:19 < esden> cu all
15:19 < praenti> und ich muss jetzt mit der neuinstalation anfangen sonst komm ich garantiert nicht
15:19 < praenti> cu
15:34 -!- ripclaw [~ripclaw@p50817B20.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
15:34 < ripclaw> hi there.
15:34 < ripclaw> hackbard - need your mail adress.
15:36 < hackbard> hi ripclaw!
15:36 < ripclaw> hi hackbard
15:36 < hackbard> hackbard@hackdaworld.dyndns.org
15:36 < ripclaw> ack.
15:36 < hackbard> any news about lt?
15:36 < ripclaw> http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/
15:37 < ripclaw> you should have access now, passwd in mail.
15:37 * hackbard browsin`
15:37 < hackbard> okie thanx!
15:37 < ripclaw> i post the infomail 4 on the project page in 10 minutes,
15:37 < hackbard> ok
15:37 < ripclaw> please take care of reading it and notifying others, too.
15:38 < ripclaw> -> social event, network info, exhibitor passes, sleeping etc.
15:44 < bluefire> ripclaw: hi
15:46 < ripclaw> hi bluefire
15:47 < ripclaw> updated rocklinux linuxtag 2002 pages: accomodation, rockers, mail archive
16:04 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@pD9023118.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
16:13 -!- th [th@rocklinux.de] has joined #rocklinux
16:19 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082B552.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
16:19 < tsa> hi
16:20 < [anders]> re tsa
16:21 -!- ripclaw [~ripclaw@p50817B20.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
16:21 < tsa> hi [anders]
16:22 < [anders]> Ich bin pissed off mit ALSA...
16:24 < tsa> hehe
16:25 < [anders]> 0.9.0rc1 does not do sound on my Maestro 2E chip.. it appears to be playing (XMMS) but nada is coming out of the speakers..
16:25 < hackbard> re
16:26 < [anders]> re hackbard
16:26 < hackbard> [anders]: unmute first
16:26 < [anders]> done that...
16:26 < tsa> hi hackbard
16:26 < hackbard> tsa: can you tell me what a social event is?
16:26 < hackbard> hi :)
16:26 < [anders]> main volume, PCM and CD is unmuted..
16:26 < tsa> hackbard: moment..
16:27 < hackbard> [anders]: hmm, strange
16:27 < hackbard> maybe you also have to to this with the master volume
16:27 < [anders]> hackbard: not to mention that it locks my system up now and then...
16:27 < hackbard> just open gmix or sth liek that ..
16:27 < hackbard> hmm
16:28 < [anders]> yeah, main volume, PCM and CD unmuted and set to 61..
16:28 < [anders]> my standard settings with alsa no longer works..
16:28 < hackbard> oh sorry, didnt read main volume ..
16:28 < tsa> hackbard: hm.... i can tell you that it will cost eur 20.
16:28 < [anders]> and when I tried to go back to 0.9.0beta9 that too stopped working..
16:28 < hackbard> hehe :)
16:28 < tsa> no more info available..
16:29 < [anders]> the strange thing is that the OSS driver in the kernel works, but with that the sound not as good quality..
16:30 < tsa> hackbard: and as it seems, ripclaw has added all of us for the social event.
16:31 < hackbard> tsa: cool :))
16:31 < hackbard> maybe we get 20 euros *g
16:31 < tsa> lol.
16:32 < tsa> hackbard: aah....i found something
16:32 < tsa> http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/linuxnacht.html
16:32 < hackbard> i hope the karlsuher lug party isnt in the stadion where we sleep ..
16:33 < tsa> dunno.
16:33 < hackbard> i am not joining on thursday ..
16:33 < tsa> uhm....the social event is on _thursday_ ??
16:33 < hackbard> yeah, strange
16:34 < tsa> this is one day beford i will arrive at karlsruhe.
16:34 < tsa> so how am i supposed to participate?
16:34 < tsa> will need to talk about this with ripclaw.
16:34 < hackbard> the same with me
16:34 < tsa> would be helpful to have him around here more often, anyway..
16:35 < hackbard> well, i just change it myself
16:35 < hackbard> yes
16:36 < hackbard> actually i am not signed for social event, you may change that in 'Edit Person' ..
16:36 < tsa> ack.
16:36 < tsa> how didi you recieve your password?
16:36 < tsa> -i
16:36 < hackbard> ripclaw send a mail ..
16:36 < tsa> ah.
16:36 < tsa> i did not recieve a password from him.
16:37 < tsa> sent him a mail, but he didn't reply.
16:37 < tsa> so i contacted joey and he sent me my password..
16:37 < hackbard> yes, i also got it from joey, but rc has signed up for me i guess
16:38 < tsa> yes, i know.
16:40 < tsa> rxr: awake?
16:47 < tsa> *sigh*
16:54 < rxr> re
16:54 < rxr> hi tsa 
16:55 < tsa> aah
16:55 < tsa> you added a new package "gle" ..
16:55 < tsa> did you test it?
16:56 < tsa> doesn't work for me here..
16:56 < rxr> tsa: yes it is broken (for some months) and the problem was rather strange ...
17:01 < tsa> which error do you get?
17:02 < tsa> texgen.c:187: macro `T2F_D' used with too many (2) args
17:03 < huebi> tsa: autoconf?
17:03 < tsa> autoconf 2.52 1.7.0-DEV-200205111643
17:07 < tsa> updaten?
17:09 < huebi> tsa: koennte ein Versuch wert sein. Seih mal nach, ob der Fehler wirklich von autoconf kommt.
17:09 < tsa> == 06/02/02 17:08:24 =[9]=> Finished building package autoconf.
17:10 < tsa> texgen.c:187: macro `T2F_D' used with too many (2) args
17:10 < tsa> hm....das wars also auch nicht.
17:10 < tsa> naja, nun habe ich wenigstens nen aktuelles autoconf ;-)
17:12 < tsa> btw....die aktuelle xscreensaver-version will auch nicht..
17:12 < tsa> da musste ich aus einem der .po-files 2 zeilen wegwerfen.
17:12 < tsa> kann das irgendwer bestaetigen oder leigt das problem hier auf meiner kiste?
17:13 < tsa> s,leigt,liegt,
17:14 < rxr> tsa: FIXME: typo in glut.conf: applied
17:14 < tsa> ok.
17:15 < tsa> rxr: was ist mit xscreensaver?
17:15 < tsa> s.o.
17:15 < rxr> tsa: not yet build ...
17:16 < tsa> ah.
17:16 < huebi> tsa: hier ist alles in Ordnung.
17:16 < tsa> hm...
17:16 < rxr> tsa: koennte sein, das das Gnome2 spezifisch in 1.7 ist ...
17:17 < tsa>  /usr/bin/msgfmt -o es.gmo es.po
17:17 < tsa> es.po:6690: duplicate message definition
17:17 < tsa> es.po:6127: ...this is the location of the first definition
17:17 < tsa>  /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
17:18 < tsa> das sieht mir nicht nach gnome2 aus..
17:18 < rxr> tsa: in nem Build-2~Tartget
17:18 < rxr> uups - build
17:18 < rxr> oder via Build-Pkg ?
17:18 * rxr tut alles weh ....
17:18 < tsa> Build-Pkg
17:18 < rxr> hm. Ich teste gleich mal
17:19 < tsa> den inlude-typo hab ich auch nur durch zufall entdeckt..
17:19 < tsa> ;)
17:20 < tsa> curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'ftp.openbsd.com'
17:20 < tsa> huppsa..
17:21 < rxr> tsa: hier bricht das schon mit autoconf error ab ...
17:21 < tsa> hm...auch nicht besser.
17:22 < rxr> tsa: was kann man mit dem lt project passwd machen ?
17:22 < tsa> http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/
17:22 < tsa> sich da einloggen und deinen krams aendern
17:22 < tsa> fruehstuck, pennen, etc..
17:23 < rxr> Number of machines: 8
17:23 < rxr> ?? Ich bringe 8 Stueck mit ? ;_)
17:23 < tsa> *grrr*
17:24 < tsa> alsu configure laeuft auch mit dem neuen autoconf
17:24 < tsa> aber:
17:24 < tsa>        Note: The OpenGL 3D library was not found.
17:24 < tsa> der mag mein nvidia-zeug wohl nicht.
17:25 < tsa> 8 was bringst du angeblich mit?
17:25 < tsa> Number of machines: 8
17:25 < tsa> total.
17:26 < tsa> nanu
17:26 < tsa> unter "Nili" sehe ich einen Frank Zirkelbach
17:26 < tsa> wer ist das denn?
17:27 < rxr> hackbard ?
17:27 < rxr> tsa: what is Social Event Price ? 20.00 ?
17:27 < tsa> ah...ja ich habs
17:27 < tsa> rxr: 20 eur
17:27 < hackbard> yo, richtig geraten!
17:27 < tsa> findet am donnerstag statt
17:27 < hackbard> hiu rxr
17:27 < hackbard> hi
17:27 < tsa> huhu Frank *grins*
17:27 < rxr> hi hackbard!
17:28 < hackbard> ;)
17:28 < rxr> tsa: I know EUR (Konqueror displays the Euro sign) but for what exaclty ?
17:28 < tsa> http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2002/linuxnacht.html
17:28 < tsa> additional info..
17:29 < tsa> i won't participate since i'll arrive friday..
17:29 < tsa> curl: (19) gal2-0-0.0.3.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
17:29 < tsa> curl: (19) libgnome-1.117.1.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
17:30 < tsa> curl: (19) gnome-session-1.5.19.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
17:30 < tsa> curl: (19) nautilus-1.1.17.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
17:30 < tsa> hm...a lot of gnome2 stuff seems to be broken..
17:30 < tsa> gedit2
17:31 < tsa> crux
17:31 < tsa> gnome-system-monitor
17:31 < tsa> gps
17:31 < tsa> ...
17:31 < rxr> tsa: please do not list all ...
17:31 < tsa> ack.
17:31 < tsa>  ;-)
17:31 < rxr> tsa: do we visit this Sozial Event =
17:31 < rxr> ?
17:31 < tsa> rxr: i don't know. as it seems, ripclaw has marked all of us for participation
17:32 < rxr> hehe ok
17:32 < tsa> i've just unmarked myself..
17:32 < rxr> the museum might be interesting I guess ...
17:32 < rxr> tsa: you can really not download the curl erros files above ?
17:33 < tsa> nope.
17:33 * rxr deleted the filse 
17:34 < rxr> hm ok you are right
17:34 * rxr updateing URL ...
17:34 < tsa> and a lot of cksum errs, especially with sf cvs stuff.
17:34 * tsa fetching sf tree
17:36 < tsa> ok, let's see and fix.
17:36 < rxr> oh hab ich muskelkarter
17:36 < tsa> hehe
17:36 < rxr> man soll auch einfach keien informatik studenten umzugkartons tragen lassen ...
17:36 < rxr> und tische und schraenke ...
17:37 < tsa> ;-)
17:37 < tsa> ack.
17:38 < tsa> btw....
17:38 < tsa> what do you think about moving nvidia to x11/ repository?
17:38 < rxr> oh no
17:39 < rxr> it exchanges the libgl.so doesn't it ?
17:39 < tsa> yes.
17:39 < rxr> and waht do I with my Matrox and ATI cards ?
17:39 < tsa> sell them on ebay ;-)
17:39 < rxr> sell yours ...
17:39 < tsa> hehe
17:40 < rxr> tsa: you should modify your package so it doesn't modify the original files - but needs activation via an /etc/setup.d/99-nvidia script !
17:42 < huebi> Wie lange dauert es eigendlich, bis eine homepage bei T-Offline aktualisiert ist?
17:42 < tsa> keine ahnung..
17:42 < tsa> nen paar minuten wohl..
17:42 < th> huebi: dauer der kuendigung + dauer des KK, dann noch einmal roundtrip...
17:43 < tsa> hehe
17:43 < tsa> hi th
17:43 < th> hi tsa
17:43 < th> re folks, btw.
17:43 < huebi> Ich habe da noch 10MB. Die muss ich mal mit unkomprimierbaren Sachen, wie Rocklinux Snapshots fuellen.
17:43 < huebi> hi th
17:43 < th> huebi: und wieviel trafic darfst du mit den 10 MB machen?
17:43 < th> s,rafic,raffic,
17:44 < huebi> mal nachsehen.
17:46 < tsa> th: irssi-snapshot cksum broken. will fix in a minute.
17:46 < huebi> tsa: ok
17:46 < th> tsa: the cksum should be "0"
17:47 < th> tsa: because snapshot is daily
17:47 < tsa> already done.
17:47 < rxr> no
17:47 < rxr> than it should be XXXXXXX... like the RFS onces ... 
17:47 < th> rxr: no
17:47 < rxr> otherwise Cliff's next reference build will update them ...
17:48 < rxr> [D] XXXXXXXXXX RFCs3001-latest.tar.gz ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/tar/
17:48 < rxr> [D] XXXXXXXXXX RFCs0001-0500.tar.gz   ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/tar/
17:48 < th> cliff does reference builds on 1.5?
17:48 < rxr> no
17:48 < huebi> th: 2GB pro Monat.
17:48 < th> huebi: och naja
17:48 < tsa> i fix on sf cvs ..
17:48 < rxr> tsa: you are talking about 1.7 ? don't you
17:48 < tsa> yes
17:48 < th> _my_ irssi-snapshot is for 1.5 only
17:48 < tsa> you're listed as the maintainer..
17:48 < tsa> ;-)
17:48 < th> that is a bug.
17:49 < tsa> ok.
17:49 < tsa> who wants it?
17:49 < th> someone took _my_ 1.5 ext to 1.7 and assumed wrongly i would adapt them there
17:50 < tsa> ok, empty [M] tag, then..
17:50 < th> ok
17:50 < rxr> tsa: what pea counting is this ?!?
17:50 < th> perhaps it is better to remove it
17:50 < rxr> th:  why this ?
17:51 < th> rxr: because unmaintained stuff is like poison
17:51 < rxr> tsa: a fixed 1.7 tree with actual GNOME2 versions is available on my gate ...
17:51 < tsa> th: unmaintained packages are waiting to be taken over.
17:51 < tsa> but i'd remove *-snapshot.
17:52 < rxr> tsa: only irssi or others, too ?
17:52 < tsa> rxr: all snapshots.
17:52 < tsa> mozilla.
17:52 < th> licq
17:52 < tsa> no one needs a mozilla snap
17:52 < rxr> tsa: remeber that I was nearly thrown into jail the last time I tried this ...
17:53 < tsa> ok.
17:53 < tsa> this is still easy.
17:53 < th> rxr: last time you touched stuff with non-empty [M]
17:53 < rxr> but I would also like to see *-snapshot to go ...
17:53 < tsa> th: as it seems, you're maintainer for irssi-snapshot in 1.7
17:53 < tsa> th: mind if i remove it?
17:54 < tsa> ;)
17:54 < th> tsa: i don't mind. please remove it.
17:54 < tsa> ok.
17:54 < rxr> id doesn't make no sense to remove it now - and let th put it back in some month he starts to use 1.7 ....
17:54 < rxr> s/no//
17:55 < tsa> th: done.
17:55 < th> rxr: why not?
17:55 < rxr> the last thing we need is packages that appear every few mohts
17:56 < rxr> either we have a package or we don't have it ...
17:56 < tsa> rxr: we don't have it.
17:56 < rxr> ack
17:56 < tsa> we have a stable irssi in 1.7
17:56 < tsa> that's enough
17:56 < rxr> ack
17:57 < rxr> I would like to see all *-snapshot i /dev/null 
17:57 < tsa> mozilla-snap is [M] pjotr
17:57 < tsa> will be difficult to remove this..
17:57 < th> well it was wrong to takeover all 1.5 stuff for 1.7 without assuring that updates to 1.5-version will affect 1.7-versions correctly
17:57 < th> this led us to multiple versions of same extensions
17:58 < tsa> i don't see a sense in making packages for cpan perl modules too..
17:58 < rxr> tsa: I agree.
17:59 < th> i disaggree
18:00 < tsa> why?
18:01 < th> do you want to remove all cpan modules?
18:01 < th> or do you want to add them to perl package?
18:01 < tsa> no.
18:02 < tsa> there's a cpan shell available for installing perl modules.
18:02 < tsa> why not use it?
18:03 < th> ok. i thought you were about to put all cpan stuff to perl-package
18:03 < th> i revoke my disagreement then ;)
18:03 < tsa> hehe.
18:04 < th> i hated the overwhelmed apache-extension that tried to include just everything
18:04 < tsa> ack.
18:04 < th> so i wrote that apache-vanilla with a bare apache
18:04 < tsa> when i install apache, i don't want it to use mod_whatever
18:04 < th> and apache-php, apache-modpython as extensions
18:05 < th> and i think each extension to the vanilla apache should be a separate package
18:05 < tsa> mysql package on sf cvs tries to get DBD-mysql-2.0901.tar.gz
18:05 < tsa> grr.
18:05 < tsa> mysql is _not_ perl.
18:05 < rxr> th tsa could you please write you statement about the bloated apache+bloat packages to the mailling-list ?
18:05 < rxr> So we might get rid of them at one day ?
18:06 < th> rxr: 1.5 has got rid of'em ;)
18:06 < th> rxr: just cite us from irc
18:06 < rxr> oh Pjotr will kill you - have you informed him ?
18:06 < tsa> hehe
18:06 < tsa> no, he won't.
18:06 < rxr> th: ?!??!?!?! NO I will never redo citing from IRC
18:06 < th> rxr: talking to me?
18:06 < tsa> we'll send him a mail ford that it's all your fault ;-)
18:07 < th> rxr: why should he kill me?
18:07 < rxr> All I get is flame from Pjotr that I will destroy everything and that I attack him personal
18:07 < rxr> NO WAY ...
18:07 < huebi> tsa: MySQL needs DBD-mysq and DBI
18:07 < th> huebi: NAK
18:07 < tsa> huebi: strong nack.
18:07 < tsa> mysql is mysql.
18:07 < tsa> no need to include perl modules in there.
18:08 < tsa> if i need them, i still know how to get them.
18:08 < rxr> th: because you removed packages he depends on ...
18:08 < huebi> Andhow should the perls scripts delivered with MySQL work?
18:08 < th> rxr: he depends on broken apache-packages in 1.5?
18:08 < rxr> th: he said so on the list ...
18:08 < th> huebi: i guess they suggest using that cpan-shell
18:09 * rxr taking the moring shower . su
18:09 < rxr> er cu
18:09 < huebi> rxr: cu
18:09 < rxr> ;-)
18:09 < tsa> hehe
18:09 < tsa> cu rxr
18:09 < huebi> th: The should, but they don't IIRC
18:09 < tsa> imagine a system with no perl.
18:09 < tsa> the mysql package will fail because of no perl being installed.
18:10 < th> huebi: bundling mysql with perl stuff to use it is like bundling you meal with a microwave oven
18:10 < tsa> just because of a few damn perl modules.
18:10 < tsa> hahaha.
18:10 < tsa> lol
18:10 < tsa> coll comparison
18:10 < tsa> cool
18:10 < huebi> th *LOL*
18:10 < huebi> ok perl modules stay off mysql
18:11 < huebi> ther could be mysql-perl mysql-gui mysql-foo...
18:11 < huebi> +e\
18:11 < tsa> nack, again.
18:11 < tsa> there is the cpan shell.
18:12 < huebi> ok, I test ist now
18:12 < tsa> perl -MCPAN -e shell
18:12 < th> huebi: ack on this. should be 
18:12 < th> aehm
18:12 < th> err
18:12 < th> huebi: nak on this. should be in perl-mysql not in mysql-perl
18:12 < tsa> most cpan stuff on sf cvs is broken, anyway..
18:13 < tsa> most stuff on sf cvs is broken, to be honest.
18:14 < huebi> http://home.t-online.de/home/520045387768-0001/index.html <- na endlich
18:14 < tsa> hehe
18:15 < huebi> Die Weiterstadter haetten Spargelbauern bleiben sollen. 
18:15 < th> http://home.t-online.de/pics/logo.png
18:15 < th> 404
18:15 < huebi> ok
18:16 < huebi> so ist unterwegs im T-Sieb
18:19 < tsa> GRRR!
18:19 < huebi> Demnaechst muss ich mal den ganzen ROCK-1.5 HTML-Kram in Ordnung bringen.
18:19 < tsa> does nobody maintain his packages?????
18:19 * tsa being pissed
18:19 < tsa> why do we have maintainers of nobody takes care of his stuff.
18:20 < tsa> empy cksums, wrong cksums, outdated software...
18:24 < tsa> SMP: i'll update your lftp package
18:30 < rxr> re
18:31 < huebi> I suggest a non-working flag for the extensions and/or a seperate directory for broken extensions.
18:31 < huebi> non-working flag -> extension won't be build.
18:32 < huebi> and listed as broken.
18:33 < tsa> hehe
18:33 < tsa> mail from ripclaw
18:33 < tsa> hier sind 30 C im schatten, und ich hab suedseite -
18:33 < tsa> will - wasser - nass - *stick*
18:33 < tsa> ;-)
18:34 < rxr> hm 14 Sudenden schlafen und Fruehstuck um 18:34
18:34 < rxr> Der Sonntag faengt gut  an *g*
18:35 < rxr> Guten Appetit ;-)
18:44 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD9048F07.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
18:44 < tsa> hehe
18:44 < tsa> kommt mir bekannt vor.
18:53 < SMP> < tsa> does nobody maintain his packages?????
18:53 < SMP> I take care of my 1.5 stuff when it makes sense
18:54 < SMP> I didn't create the 1.7 packages that have my name on them, so why bother?
18:59 < rxr> SMP because 1.7 is our next stable version ? ...
19:00 < rxr> s/is/will become/
19:00 < huebi> rxr: Ithink 1.6 should be first the next stable one.
19:01 < rxr> but is is nearly stable and 1.6.0 is only a matrer of some weeks, isn't it ?
19:03 < huebi> Well, I want to have i86, sparc64 and alpha to be stable, booting, and fully working in 1.6
19:04 < huebi> Only a a few features need to be added or finished.
19:04 < th> what permissions are needed for mysqldump?
19:04 < SMP> rxr: I'll think about 1.7 when it has sufficiently stabilized. and that will be the moment I will abandon my 1.5 packages
19:04 < SMP> th: use, select
19:04 -!- simon [~simon@p508749CC.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:05 < huebi> now a build directly in the cvs checked out tree is possible.
19:06 < th> huebi: great
19:06 < SMP> rxr: just copying all packages over and expecting the maintainers to track two -wildly different- trees is quite an impertinence, I think
19:07 < rxr> SMP: but when all maitainers think this way - we'll never get two up-to-date stable and devel trees ...
19:07 < huebi> All the booting sfuff for all architectures must be fixed/created/feature added.
19:07 < th> SMP: hey, full ack ;)
19:09 < SMP> rxr: you get two up-to-date trees by _forcing_ then on the maintainers?!
19:10 < rxr> Where is the big problem - it is mostly incrementing the version number in two files ...
19:11 < SMP> no, you get up-to-date trees if every maintainer is free to work on either or both. there is no reason at all to track 1.7 for _most_ of the sf packages. once 1.7 stabilizes one can just bump the package's version _once_, try it out and be done if it works
19:11 < huebi> nobody can be forced to do something
19:11 < rxr> and since the 1.5 ext describtions were a hack we had to throw them away once ...
19:12 < rxr> -b+p
19:12 < rxr> SMP: in 1.5 most were borken anyway ...
19:12 < huebi> rxr: were. I updated more than 70 IIRC
19:13 < huebi> rxr: The  ext descriptions still can be modified in 1.5
19:13 * rxr tinkering on his bike (vorderrad mantel tauschen) - more fun the useless sf-cvs discussions ...
19:14 < huebi> rxr: You csa do it, if you want.
19:14 < rxr> no we do not want to modify this in 1.5 ...
19:15 < huebi> rxr: why not?
19:15 < huebi> the ext could be used in 1.5 1.6 and 1.7 in the same way
19:16 < rxr> i thought you wanna finish 1.6.0 some day ...
19:21 < huebi> ;-) Yes, I want to have it finished  soon. But there is still much work to do.
19:25 < [anders]> arrrf... Glimmer will not build with the python library in ROCK 1.4.0
19:25 < [anders]> irritating.. and time to hack things..
19:34 -!- uninvited [uninvited@p508030EE.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #ROCKLINUX
19:35 < uninvited> re-connect !
19:35 < tsa> hi uninvited
19:39 < huebi> hi uninvited 
19:48 < tsa> huebi: another update:
19:48 < tsa> mutt-1.4i.tar.gz
19:49 < tsa> cksum is 1496499311
19:51 -!- hackbard_ [~hackbard@pD9E0A577.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:51 * rxr mantel gewechelt ...
19:51 -!- clifford_ [~clifford@M111P005.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has joined #rocklinux
19:52 < tsa> hi clifford_
19:52 < [anders]> barf...
19:52 < [anders]> re clifford_
19:52 -!- clifford_away [~clifford@62.46.3.41] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
19:52 -!- hackbard [~hackbard@p50807E3B.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Killed (NickServ (Ghost: hackbard_!~hackbard@pD9E0A577.dip.t-dialin.net)))
19:52 -!- hackbard_ is now known as hackbard
19:53 < hackbard> re
19:53 < [anders]> okay.. Python 2.2.1 built, Glimmer 1.2.1 built... But Glimmer will not run.. Gives the following lines as output when I try and start it.
19:53 < [anders]> $ glimmer
19:53 < [anders]> GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL
19:53 < [anders]> Loading font from preferences.
19:53 < [anders]> Loading font from preferences.
19:53 < [anders]> Loading font from preferences.
19:53 < [anders]> Loading font from preferences.
19:53 < [anders]> Fatal Python error: could not import _gtk
19:53 < [anders]> Aborted
19:54 < [anders]> So I guess Python is hosed somehow..
19:54 < th> so python has no gtk support
19:54 < tsa> python1 or python2 ?
19:54 < th> Python 2.2.1 built
19:54 < th> he said
19:54 < th> anyway
19:54 < th> i'm away now
19:54 < [anders]> Hmm.. Okay.. I'll have a play with the python settings..
19:54 < tsa> cu th
19:55 < huebi> cu th ;-)
19:55 < hackbard> bye th
19:55 < [anders]> cya th
19:55 < rxr> wirft man verschlissene Fahrrad-Maentel in die Restmuell im Hof ? ;-)
19:56 < huebi> rxr: Sondermuell!
19:56 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD9048465.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:56 < rxr> hm - Wo werf ich Sonermell in Berlin hin ...
19:56 < hackbard> actually a lot of sf exts would build, if maintainers wouldnt use 'cd $base/src/$pkg' - s/src/src.*/ and a lot more packages will build ..
19:56 < [anders]> from ./configure --help in Python... "--with-libs='lib1 ...'          link against additional libs".. Should I add gtk to that ?
19:57 < huebi> rxr: In die RestMuelltonne?
19:57 < rxr> huebi: Ah! ;-) ...
19:58 < tsa>     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
19:58 < tsa> hm...
19:59 < huebi> rxr: Wenn der Reifen in die Muellverbrennung kommt, kannst du ihn einfach wegwerfen. Wenn der Endgelagert wird, ist das nicht so toll. Die Muellverbrennung hier in Darmstadt kriegt erst Abgasprobleme wenn ueber 100KG Reifen auf einmal verbrennen.
19:59 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@pD958D529.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
20:00 < thalerim> hi
20:00 < tsa> hi thalerim
20:01 < huebi> rxr: Ein Bekannter, der dort arbeitet, hat das mal erzaehlt. Die wollten wissen wieviel Reservern in der Verbrennungsanlage stecken.
20:01 < huebi> hi thalerim 
20:02 < thalerim> hallo ihr beiden
20:02 < tsa> rxr: update you commonc++ package, please
20:03 < hackbard> huebi: wird das so heiss verbrannt das es der umwelt nicht sonderlich schadet?
20:08 < thalerim> huebi: du gehst doch bestimmt auf die linuxtage ?
20:16 < uninvited> hackbard> die Temperatur ist egal, hauptsache es wird genuegend Sauerstoff zugefuehrt. Ansonsten brennen die sachen nicht sondern sie schwelen. Und dann entstehen giftige Abgase
20:19 < hackbard> okay, das auch, aber man benoetigt auch hoehere temperaturen um moeglichst wenig monoxide zu erzeugen denke ich mal.
20:19 < hackbard> und der gedanke das reifen ueberhaupt verbrannt werden, gefaellt mir nicht besonders ..
20:20 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@pD958D529.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
20:20 < tsa> Subject: Out of Office AutoReply: [rock-linux] [PATCH] mutt
20:20 < tsa> GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
20:21 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@pD958D529.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
20:21 < hackbard> re thalerim
20:21 < hackbard> AFAIK wollte huebi sa un so auf alle faelle dort sein.
20:21 < tsa> re thalerim
20:21 < thalerim> re
20:22 < thalerim> hackbard: der soll mal die finger von matilda lassen, und stattdessen ans keyboard gehen
20:27 < huebi> hackbard: Nein, die Verbrennung ist nur z.B. in Zementwerken heiss genug. Die Abgasfilter duerfen nicht zu viel Giftstoffe abbekommen, sonst geht das durch.
20:27 < huebi> thalerim: Jo, ich bin auch auf dem Linuxtag.
20:28 < thalerim> huebi: si. könntest du für mich darüber nen kleinen Bericht schreiben (auf deutsch) ?
20:28 < huebi> thalerim: Wozu brauchst du den?
20:28 < thalerim> freebits.org
20:28 < thalerim> Wir sind alle verhindert a jenau diesen tagen
20:30 < huebi> thalerim: Ok, ich werde sehen, was ich machen kann.
20:30 < thalerim> soll nix großes sein; paar statistische Werte, wer da war (austeller), was gemacht wurde, vielleicht noch nen screenshot - alles zusammengefasst
20:31 < thalerim> *knuddl* thx!
20:31 < huebi> uninvited: Die hohe Verbrennungstemperatur ist notwendig, um stabile Verbindungen, wie Dioxine zuverlaessik in Kohlensaeure zu verwandeln. ;-)
20:31 < thalerim> dafür gibst frisches "Gras" für Matilda
20:31 < huebi> thalerim: *LOL*
20:32 < uninvited> GRAS ?
20:32 < huebi> muh!
20:32 < uninvited> Matilda ist nicht etwa aus Glas, oder ? *G*
20:33 < huebi>  __________________ 
20:33 < huebi> < Ich bin Mathilda >
20:33 < huebi>  ------------------ 
20:33 < huebi>         \   ^__^
20:33 < huebi>          \  (oo)\_______
20:33 < huebi>             (__)\       )\/\
20:33 < huebi>                 ||----w |
20:33 < huebi>                 ||     ||
20:33 < huebi>  
20:33 < huebi> Mathild! Los, ab in den Stall.
20:33 < uninvited> *patsch* Alles klar ;-)
20:33 < tsa> LOL.
20:34 < thalerim> nene
20:34 * tsa holt mal die Peitsche raus..
20:34 < tsa> ;)
20:35 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@pD958D529.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
20:36 < SMP> 7exec sudo find /home/huebi -name '*cow*' -depth -print0 | xargs -0 rm -rfv
20:36 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@p50813332.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
20:37 < uninvited> heheh
20:37 < thalerim> re
20:37 < thalerim> so eine dackelscheisze aber auch
20:37 < huebi> SMP: Da sollte nichts da sein ;)
20:43 < uninvited> clumpOS
20:43 < huebi> Ich hasse es Dokumentation fuer Anfaenger zu schreiben. 
20:43 < tsa> hehe
20:43 < uninvited> Anfaenger hassen essen keine Dokumentation zu haben
20:43 < uninvited> *G*
20:45 < huebi>  ll /etc/init.d/
20:45 < huebi> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Mar 17 15:35 init.d -> ../etc/init.d
20:45 < huebi> Weis jemand, wo dieser link herkommt?
20:45 -!- thalerim is now known as thAlerim
20:46 * thAlerim is away: eating
20:46 * uninvited is burning .ISO
20:46 < uninvited> cya
20:46 -!- uninvited [uninvited@p508030EE.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Leaving towards earth !")
20:48 < tsa> huebi: hm...spontan - keine ahnung.
20:52 < huebi> tsa: runlvedit mag den link nicht. Wenn der Link geloescht ist, funktioniert runlvedit wieder.
20:54 * tsa baut weiter auf sf cvs rum..
20:54 * thAlerim is back (gone 00:08:43)
20:54 < thAlerim> re
20:54 < tsa> th: i'll update your sgi_inventor package
20:54 < tsa> re thAlerim
21:07 -!- thAlerim is now known as thalerim
21:11 < rxr> re
21:19 < huebi> hi rene
21:21 < huebi> apache-vanilla loescht bei pkg-remove die /etc/passwd. Muss noch mal nachgebessert werden.
21:22 < hackbard> gibt es nicht funktionen die einfach passwd, shadow und group aus der flist loeschen .. ?
21:26 < tsa> flistdel
21:26 < huebi> hackbard: jo, gibt es, aber in apache-vanilla nicht implementiert.
21:29 < hackbard> jo
21:29 < hackbard> bei meiner eigenen apache.ext auch nicht, was mich ganz schoen ueberrascht hat ..
21:30 < esden> hi all
21:30 < hackbard> hi esden!
21:31 < huebi> ein script unter /etc/setup.d sollte den user und die gruppe anlegen. Die beste Loesung, die wir hier diskutiert hatten.
21:31 < huebi> hi esden 
21:34 < huebi> and a discription in /etc/init.d/apache-vanilla is missing, too.
21:36 < huebi> Gibt's irgendwo ein gutes Monitor Testbild fuer Linux?
21:37 < tsa> uh...
21:37 < tsa> weiss nicht.
21:37 < tsa> hi esden
22:03 < tsa> ./axkit/XML-Sablotron-0.51.tar.gz.extck-err
22:03 < tsa> ./axkit/Sablot-0.51.tar.gz.extck-err
22:03 < tsa> hm...
22:03 < tsa> kennt das zeug irgendwer?
22:12 < tsa> [M] Chris Hamilton <chris@ambigc.com>
22:12 < tsa> hmm..
22:21 < tsa> another question
22:21 < tsa> Carlos Pereira <jcp@jcp.de>
22:21 < tsa> who is this?
22:21 < tsa> do i know him?
22:21 < tsa> (listed in rocklinux crew for lxtag)
22:23 < tsa> strange.
22:23 < tsa> as it seems, this name doesn't appear on the rock linux mailing list
22:23 < tsa> (grep)
22:24 < thalerim> secret supplier 
22:24 < tsa> heh
22:24 < tsa> e
22:24 < aszlig> reh ;)
22:28 -!- term_aweh [~pm@pD9E33DF4.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("later")
22:33 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@p50813332.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("gonna sleep - tomorrow'll be school eww")
22:49 < praenti> huebi: ?
22:49 < huebi> praenti: jo?
22:49 < praenti> huebi: hast du den fehler schon?
22:50 < praenti> mit den instal-disks
22:50 < tsa> hm...anyone who already wants to kill me because of cvs mails?
22:50 < huebi> praenti: Nee, ich muss bis morgen noch viiel Doku schreiben.
22:50 < rxr> is there s.th. special I need to do to open a new IRC channel? Or is /join <new-channel> enough ?
22:50 < praenti> huebi: ich glaub ich hab ihn gefunden
22:51 < tsa> rxr: joining it is sufficient.
22:51 < rxr> tsa: tnx
22:51 < praenti> huebi: mein /boot bei meinem installierten system schaut sehr abgespeckt aus
22:51 < tsa> rxr: you might consider registering it with chanserv
22:51 < tsa> if it's more than a temporary channel..
22:51 < praenti> huebi: da is garantiert was am lilo package faul :-(
22:51 < huebi> rxr: /join #AOL
22:51 < tsa> hahahaha
22:51 < tsa> lol.
22:52 < rxr> huebi: Ic your favorite channel lol
22:52 < huebi> #AOL - da wo die Kuehe rumlaufen
22:52 < rxr> dine kuehe ;-) hehe
22:52 < rxr> +e
22:52 < praenti> hehe. harhar
22:53 < huebi> Hat jemand X mit wheel mouse am laufen. hier geht das irgendwie nicht.
22:53 < huebi>  
22:54 < tsa> jupp.
22:54 < huebi> Section "InputDevice"
22:54 < huebi>         Identifier      "Mouse0"
22:54 < huebi>         Driver          "mouse"
22:54 < huebi>         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
22:54 < huebi>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/misc/psaux"
22:54 < huebi>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "off"                             
22:54 < huebi>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
22:54 < huebi>  
22:54 < huebi> Ist das Protokoll falsch?
22:54 < tsa> was fuer eine maus ist das?
22:55 < praenti> huebi: is da protokoll dann nicht imps2
22:55 < tsa>     Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
22:55 < tsa>     Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"
22:55 < tsa>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
22:55 < praenti> jenau
22:55 < huebi> Logitech M-S48
22:55 < tsa> passt.
22:55 < praenti> bei denen weiß ichs nicht
22:55 < tsa> ich hab die gleiche
22:55 < praenti> faszinieren
22:56 < praenti> d
22:56 < huebi> brb. testen
22:57 < huebi> re
22:57 < tsa> ah.
22:57 < tsa> und?
22:57 < huebi> IMPS/2 - das wars. *freu*
22:58 < tsa> hehe
22:58 < tsa> soll ich dir auch noch meine ~/.Xdefaults schicken? Dann tut das wheel auch mit netscape..
22:58 < huebi> Die XFree86 Docu ist.. ehrm 'merkwuerdig'
22:58 < tsa> hehe
22:59 < huebi> tsa: Gerne. ftp://rocklinux.dyndns.org/upload
22:59 < huebi> tsa: mit mozilla gehts hier...
23:00 < huebi> 0.9.9
23:00 < tsa> jo, gtk-zeugs tut aus der tuete.
23:00 < tsa> ist da.
23:00 < huebi> tsa: danke
23:00 < tsa> keine ursache
23:00 * tsa spammt weiter ueber sourceforge
23:01 < tsa> ;-)
23:01 < huebi> Wie kriege ich die Farbe vom Mauszeiger von schwarz auf rot?
23:01 < tsa> oehm....gute frage, noch nie versucht.
23:01 < huebi> der ist ab uns zu nicht mehr zu finden, hat sich hier verlaufen.
23:02 < praenti> huebi: framebuffer aktiviert?
23:03 < praenti> tsa: wie hast na das geschafft dass der mit netscape tut
23:03 < tsa> praenti: boeser hack mit ~/.Xdefaults
23:03 < tsa> kann ich dir mailen, ist zuviel zum pasten..
23:04 < tsa> wohin?
23:05 < praenti> tsa: praenti@bingo-ev.de
23:05 < tsa> ist raus.
23:07 < tsa> huebi: sag mal bescheid, wenn dein mauszeiger eine andere farbe hat....ist ja auch mal interessant, sowas zu wissen..
23:08 < huebi> tsa: jo, mach' ich
23:08 < hackbard> praenti: http://www.linux-magazin.de/ausgabe/2000/01/Wheelmouse/wheelmouse.html
23:08 < tsa> hm....wenn www.cpan.org jetzt nicht tot waere, koennte ich sogar die daemlichen perl-module fixen..
23:09 < hackbard> praenti: listing3, der netscape-patch 
23:09 < tsa> das mit dem schwarzen Logo stimmt uebrigens nicht....ich hab eine mit schwarzem Logo, und das klappt trotzdem problemlos..
23:14 < huebi> tsa: Ich auch ;-)
23:14 < huebi> Ripclaws superpatche:
23:14 < huebi> root@zeus:/rock-orig# patch -p1 < /tmp/rock-1.5.14-silo-1.2.5-final.diff 
23:14 < huebi> patching file base-config/silo/devlevel.txt
23:14 < huebi> patching file base-config/silo/etc-silo.conf
23:14 < huebi> patch: **** malformed patch at line 28: diff -ruN rock-src-1.5.14_2002-05-02_12h13.orig/base-config/silo/silo.conf rock-src-1.5.14_2002-05-02_12h13/base-config/silo/silo.conf
23:14 < tsa> hehe
23:15 < tsa> macht der die diff's per hand?
23:15 < tsa> ;)
23:15 < rxr> hm
23:15 < huebi> Ich glaube es bald ;-))
23:15 < tsa> *g*
23:17 < huebi> Ripclaw hat bestimmt von Hand noch nachgeholfen ....
23:18 < huebi> Ich habe diesen Patch einfach mal halbiert und jetzt ging auch der Rest.
23:18 < tsa> Sabotage!
23:18 < huebi> hehe
23:18 < rxr> ich editiere auch manchmal patches vom hand nach ... - na und ? ;-)
23:19 < rxr> ich will oper von gsmp werden
23:19 < rxr> bekomme aber:
23:19 < rxr> 23:19 -!- You don't have an O-line for the host you're on.
23:19 < rxr> was soll mir das sagen ?
23:19 < tsa> rxr: du bist ja auch hauptschuldiger, warum der ganze sf-Kram kaputt ist.. ;-)
23:20 < huebi> rxr: Ich gehe mal davon aus, das du weisst was du tust. Und wenn Du dir nicht 110% sicher bist, den Patch auch nicht ruas gibst.
23:20 < rxr> tsa: huh ????????
23:20 < tsa> hehe ;-)
23:20 < tsa> just kidding..
23:20 < esden> hehe ... tsa reize den rxr nicht ...
23:21 < rxr> huebi: sicher! ;-) meisten halt nen bissel noise entsorgen oder chunks die doch nicht fuer Cliff sind ...
23:21 < rxr> moin esden 
23:21 < esden> sf ist ein wie die rote farbe auf die stiere ;-)
23:21 < esden> moin rxr 
23:21 < esden> rxr: ich editiere immer die patches per hand ...
23:21 < rxr> esden: in deinem stier satz fehlt > fuer rxr, 
23:21 < esden> dass ist fast schon normall
23:21 < rxr> <
23:22 < esden> ja stimmt ... @ rxr 
23:22 < huebi> esden: Ich auch. Aber Ich teste die wenigstens ;-)
23:22 < esden> testen ... was ist dass ??? ;-)
23:23 < esden> ich schreibe immer irgendwas rein ... so dass es aussieht wie ein patch und sende es dann rauss ...
23:23 < huebi> esden: Das ist das, was dich vor den Kuehen bewahrt
23:23 < esden> erspart mir viel arbeit ;-)
23:23 < esden> huebi: urgh ... ich teste !!! sehr viel !!!!
23:23 < esden> immer !!!
23:23 < esden> ich bin ein dauertester ;-)
23:23 < tsa> Hehehe..
23:23 < huebi> *LOL* *vomstuhlfall*
23:24 < esden> huebi ... was suchst du unter dem tisch ?
23:24 < tsa> rxr: ich fixe jetzt ausschliesslich download-urls, aber keine package-builds auf sf cvs..
23:24 < esden> tsa: solltest vielleicht auch machen ?
23:24 < huebi> esden: 3 Flaschen Guinness
23:24 < tsa> in 60% der packages ist immer noch der extconv.sh kram drin..
23:24 < esden> huebi: ich will auch guinness
23:25 < esden> huebi: bringst die zum linuxtag mit !
23:25 < huebi> esden: JO
23:25 < tsa> esden: neee....die package maintainer sollen auch was tun. ansonsten uebernehme ich den kompletten sourceforge tree.. ;-)
23:25 < esden> huebi: cool !!! ich liebe dich !!! *bussigeb*
23:25 < tsa> huch?
23:25 < esden> tsa: wer hindert dich ?
23:26 < esden> uebernimm den halt ...
23:26 < tsa> esden: mein zeit. ich fixe seit heute nachmittag, bin von A inzwischen bis H vorgedrungen..
23:26 < tsa> das dauert halt ewigkeiten..
23:26 < tsa> und keiner kuemmert sich um die sein zeug.
23:26 < esden> ausserdem ... jemand sollte mal crossfire fuer rock packagen ...
23:26 < tsa> offensichtlichen muell in den conf-files schmeiss ich weg, aber ich teste nicht alles..
23:27 < esden> hmm ... kk
23:27 < tsa> rxr: commonc++
23:27 < tsa> bitte fixen
23:27 < tsa> (ist deins)
23:27 < esden> ihhhh dass ist eine schrott lib ... pfui
23:27 < rxr> tsa: seit wann ist das meins ?? - aber ok fixe ich es nachher mal ;-) 
23:27 < tsa> esden: manche leute moegen es auch nicht, wenn man ihre packages anfasst..
23:28 < tsa> (dazu gehoere ich uebrigens auch, sofern es ueber einfache versions-updates hinausgeht)
23:28 < esden> tsa: phi ... na und ... und was stoert es dich ? wenn die sich nicht um ihr scheiss kuemmern ... sind die selbst schuld ...
23:29 < huebi> es wird Zeit, dass Ripclaw wieder aktiv wird. Der ist ein bischen aus der Uebung.
23:29 < tsa> esden: nicht ganz...eine menge von dem sf cvs kram ist sowas von proprietaer, dass das sowieso nie jemand nutzen wuerde..
23:29 < esden> huebi: ja ... auf jeden fall
23:29 < rxr> tsa: ack
23:29 < esden> tsa: jup ...
23:29 < rxr> tsa: sagt du da mal Pjotr ;-)
23:29 < tsa> huebi: ich weiss....waere auch schoen, wenn der sich jetzt so kurz vor dem linuxtag haeufiger mal hier blicken lassen koennte..
23:30 < esden> aber ich finde geil dass mplayer drinnen ist ... oder ist es in x11 ruebergewandert ?
23:30 < esden> tsa: rufe ihn an wenn du was von ihm brauchst ... 
23:30 < rxr> esden: mplayer might go into extra1 as well as the gkrellm stuff - do you all agree ?
23:30 < rxr> ah xmms, too ..
23:30 < esden> ich habe gerade mit ihm tellefoniert ...
23:31 < tsa> rxr: LANG=de ich will ein zentrales repository.
23:31 < esden> rxr: hmm ... ok ... if it is then maintained correctly ... ;-)
23:31 < tsa> ich habe keine lust, fuer jeden scheiss einen patch zu machen, den zustaendigen zu suchen und das durch die gegend zu mailen.
23:32 < esden> ok ... i will go home then ... 
23:32 < esden> tsa: ack
23:32 < rxr> esden: oh all the packages are maintaned quite well - but I think they will be used in normal targets and so shouldn't be in the sf repository ...
23:32 < tsa> kostet einfach zuviel zeit..
23:32 < rxr> cu esden 
23:32 < praenti> tsa: ache auf mein haupt. die ekel-c++ lib gehört mir
23:32 < praenti> s/ache/asche
23:33 < tsa> hehe
23:33 < huebi> cu esden 
23:33 < rxr> tsa: simply drop it on the list or in cliffs or mine inbox
23:33 < tsa> commonc++ listet aber rxr als [M] ..
23:33 < praenti> tsa: da gibts allerdings ein neues release.
23:33 < tsa> ich hab mir das vorhin nur kurz angesehen, braucht definitiv nen update..
23:33 < praenti> tsa: in welchem tree?
23:33 < tsa> praenti: ich weiss.
23:33 < rxr> but the fundamental scripts are too vital to be modified by everyone without another eyes look ...
23:33 < tsa> sf cvs, 1.7
23:34 < praenti> tsa: am besten aus 1.5er nehmen. da is ein lauffähiges drin
23:34 < praenti> tsa: hab mein system noch net soweit. vorraussichtlich mittwoch geht bei mir wieder was
23:34 < tsa> praenti: soll rxr machen, vielleicht will er es ja auch in ein andere repository moven..
23:34 < tsa> ah..
23:34 < rxr> ne common c++ muss nicht unbeding wo anderst hin
23:35 < tsa> ich versuche, einen moeglichst aktuellen und kompletten tree mit zum lxtag zu bringen, damit wir auch da arbeiten und fixen koennen...
23:35 < praenti> tsa: bin nur freitags da
23:35 < aszlig> ah, hullo praenti
23:35 < tsa> <- freiatg bis sonntag
23:35 < praenti> holla aszlig 
23:35 < rxr> ich fix commonc++ in 1.7 jetzt, ok ?
23:36 < praenti> ok
23:36 * praenti is müde.
23:36 < praenti> und geh ins bett. cu (jetzt endlich wieder mit X)
23:36 < tsa> hehe
23:36 < tsa> rxr: ack.
23:37 * tsa findet CHANGELOG auf sf cvs sehr aussagekraeftig..
23:37 < tsa> nutzt das sonst irgendwie keiner?
23:37 * tsa updating heimdal
23:37 < rxr> tsa: doch ich!
23:37 < tsa> rxr: ja, wir.
23:37 < huebi> tsa: Das muss automatisch gehen, wie auf world.
23:37 < tsa> und sonst?
23:37 < rxr> huebi: nee -ich mag automatische changelogs nicht - da steht immer soviel muell drin ...
23:38 < tsa> huebi: dazu fehlt uns die disziplin. zuviel muell und leere log-entries..
23:38 < praenti> ohh. hab was vergessen
23:38 < huebi> rxr: Spart aber sehr vile arbeit.
23:38 < praenti> rxr: wo ist bei drock das profile drin?
23:38 * praenti will drock profile auf rock haben
23:38 < rxr> praenti: was ?`welches profile ?
23:39 < praenti> rxr: für die bash
23:39 < rxr> an den gleichen stellen ...
23:39 < praenti> deas /etc/profile.
23:39 < rxr> /etc/profile /etc/conf/profile /etc/profile.d/ ...
23:39 < praenti> auf der cd mein ich, wo ich mir das in einem rutsch runterziehen kann
23:40 < rxr> http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/ftp/drock/source/misc/sysfiles/etc/profile
23:40 < rxr> praenti: was gefaellt dier an der dRock profiles so ?
23:40 < rxr> der farbige prompt ? ;-)
23:40 < praenti> jepp. thx und gn8
23:41 < rxr> n8
23:41 < praenti> rxr: hat mich schon mal vor nem fehler bewahrt. war ein rotes prompt und sollte blau sein;-)
23:41 < huebi> praenti: nacht!
23:42 < rxr> praenti: jups - vorallem beim hin-und-her scrollen ist das immer ganz nett, weil man schneller sieht wo die ausgaben anfangen ;-)
23:42 < rxr> in 1.6 ist der non-root prompt jetzt aber gruen, weil das auf schwarzem hintergrund mehr contrast hat ...
23:42 < rxr> -c+k
23:43 < tsa> farben -neeee
23:43 < rxr> tsa: ?
23:43 * tsa will kein buntes prompt
23:43 < aszlig> tsa: eine welt bricht zusammen *geschocktis*
23:44 < rxr> tsa: ???
23:44 < tsa> aszlig: in der tat.. ;-)
23:44 < aszlig> tsa: mirc-colors *puke*
23:44 < tsa> xchat.. ;-)
23:44 < praenti> rxr: und was muss ich ändern wenn ich wieder blau haben will. des grün blendet
23:45 < aszlig> tsa: trotzdem sinds mirc-colors
23:45 < rxr> praenti: err ddie eine zahl aendern ...
23:45 < tsa> (nein, ich werde mir jetzt kein 31337es farb-skript suchen.. ;-)
23:46 < praenti> rxr: habs gefunden.
23:46 * praenti geht jetzt aber wirklich. gn8
23:46 < huebi> die farbigen Prompt nehme ich als Kommentar mit in /etc/profile auf.
23:46 < rxr> hehe n8le ...
23:46 < aszlig> praenti: gnu8
23:46 < huebi> n8 praenti 
23:47 < huebi> root@rock:/rock-orig # <- mein Lieblingsprompt
23:49 < tsa> hehe
23:49 < tsa> heimdal updated, too.
23:50 < rxr> commonc++ updated/fixed, too
23:50 < tsa> cool.
23:51 < rxr> I hope fixed ...
23:51 < rxr> jupst syncing into my rock tree for testing ...
23:52 < tsa> already submitted to sf cvs?
23:52 < rxr> tsa: is there an automatic way to refetch the sf repository ?
23:52 < rxr> tsa: yes
23:52 < tsa> rxr: ./scripts/Update-Sourceforge
23:52 < rxr> oh
23:52 < rxr> tnx
23:56 < rxr> tsa: typo in the script 
23:57 < huebi> tsa: kannst du mal auf worl im /tmp deine Verzeichnisse loeschen. No Space left on device
23:57 < huebi> +d
23:58 < tsa> huebi: wie sollte ich das tun?
23:58 < huebi> rm -rf /tmp/cvs-serv*
23:59 < tsa> oh.
23:59 < tsa> ich hab ja nen shell-account da
23:59 < huebi> tsa: genau
23:59 < huebi> hehe
--- Log closed Mon Jun 03 00:00:02 2002