--- Log opened Fri Jul 05 00:00:48 2002
--- Day changed Fri Jul 05 2002
00:02 < th> huebi: das muesste ja dein script (cvs2cl) koennen.
00:04 < huebi> th: jo, kann es.
00:04 < huebi> ich habe nur vergessen wie...
00:04 < rxr> re
00:04 < th> huebi: perl is eklig, aber ich kann mir das bei gelegenheit antun
00:05 < thalerim> moin rxr
00:05 < huebi> hi rxr 
00:05 < rxr> moin all
00:05 < rxr> rene@jackson:~ > fetchmail
00:05 < rxr> 642 messages for rene.rebe@gmx.net at pop.gmx.net (2761045 octets).
00:05 < rxr> reading message rene.rebe@gmx.net@pop.gmx.net:1 of 642 (3253 octets) ..
00:05 < rxr> hm
00:05 < rxr> I need to check mails more often ;-) *g*
00:05 < huebi> rxr: dev.c:1017: warning: asm operand 1 probably doesn't match constraints <- kommt dir das bekannt vor?
00:05 < Mike1> Hi rxr :)
00:06 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@p50816B40.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
00:06 < bluefire> hi
00:06 < rxr> huebi: hm - nicht wirklich ? welche ARCH ?
00:06 < rxr> hi Mike1 
00:06 < huebi> Ich probiere immer noch die drock kernel scripte fuer rock 1.5 anzupassen..
00:06 < huebi> ia32
00:06 < rxr> huebi: hm ...
00:06 < rxr> My out traffic: Avg: 302.39 kBit/s
00:07 < rxr> On a 256 kBit/s line ;-)
00:07 < Mike1> haha
00:08 < rxr> hm
00:08 < rxr> cool - again a status report for a g++ bug we reported a year ago:
00:08 < rxr> Synopsis: [parser] G++ reports internal Error on simple code
00:08 < rxr> State-Changed-From-To: feedback->analyzed
00:08 < rxr> State-Changed-By: lerdsuwa
00:08 < rxr> State-Changed-When: Wed Jul  3 08:58:15 2002
00:08 < rxr> State-Changed-Why:
00:08 < rxr>     Bug remains on current 3.1 branch and trunk.
00:08 < rxr> ;-)
00:12 < fake> ok... now i know why vidmode changing doesn't work
00:13 < fake> igafb.c doesn't know how to change it
00:13 < Ge0rG> fake: so we are stuck with the mode we get from the boot rom?
00:14 < fake> Ge0rG: yes, that is either 1024x, 1152x or 1280x.
00:14 < Ge0rG> and how do we switch it?
00:14 < fake> Ge0rG: no idea. i have no idea about sun hardware,
00:15 < fake> clue
00:15 < fake> well... now that my crosscompiler works i'll dig deeper on the weekend
00:15 < fake> .... (if i find time for that ;-)
00:17 < huebi> setenv output-device screen:r1152x900x94 
00:18 < rxr> Apache statistic:
00:18 < rxr>    1057/ftp/drock/stable/1.6.0/drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-1.iso
00:18 < rxr>     692/ftp/drock/stable/1.6.0/drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-2.iso
00:18 < rxr>     125/ftp/drock/stable/1.6.0/drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-boot.iso
00:18 < rxr> Hm ?
00:18 < huebi> fake: http://de.sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/General/OBP.html
00:19 < fake> huebi: how do i boot into OBP again?
00:19 < Mike1> checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
00:19 < Mike1> configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
00:19 < Mike1> Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
00:20 < Mike1> whats this?
00:20 < huebi> Mike1: cd /usr/src/linux
00:20 < huebi> Mike1: make symlinks
00:20 < huebi> Mike1: make dep
00:20 < huebi> all should be fine then.
00:21 < Mike1> huebi: ok danke
00:21 < huebi> Mike1: you're welcome ;-))
00:21 < huebi> fake: ALT-h when you switch on.
00:21 < fake> huebi: thanks... *trying*
00:24 < fake> huebi: there is no OBP option
00:25 < huebi> fake: I test it here now... mom
00:32 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has left #rocklinux ("Client Exiting")
00:33 * fake wants to go to bed
00:34 < Ge0rG> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18/kernel/drivers/sbus/audio/cs4231.o
00:34 < Ge0rG> depmod:         ebus_chain
00:34 < Ge0rG> ugh.
00:34 < fake> Ge0rG: welcome aboard.
00:35 < fake> Ge0rG: do a backport of the ebus driver from sparc64 to sparc
00:35 < Ge0rG> ./arch/sparc/kernel/ebus.c:struct linux_ebus *ebus_chain = 0;
00:35 < Ge0rG> ./arch/sparc/kernel/ebus.c:EXPORT_SYMBOL(ebus_chain);
00:35 < Ge0rG> last line added by me ;)
00:36 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@pD9E49BCD.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("gonna sleep")
00:36 < fake> Ge0rG: there is actually no support for the cs4231 because there is no support for the DMA chip used
00:37 < fake> if that mail on the mailinglist wasn't too outdated.
00:37 < fake> and now i'll go to bed.
00:37 < fake> sleep well, all together.
00:37 < huebi> fake: http://de.sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/System_Board/SYSBD_JavaStation_JK.html
00:38 < huebi> jumper J1300 1-2
00:38 < fake> huebi: *cut-pasting-into-bach-history*
00:38 < fake> bash
00:38 < Ge0rG> ugh. when I want to reboot the krups I often get oopses
00:38 < huebi> and press ALT-a while switch on ;-)))
00:38 < fake> Ge0rG: simply switch off and on again ;)
00:38 < fake> huebi: thanks!
00:39 < huebi> fake: then help
00:39 < huebi> fake: then type help
00:39 < fake> huebi: i know OBP
00:39 < fake> probe-all ... etc ;-)
00:39 < fake> okay. good night. *waves*
00:39 * fake zZzZzZ
00:39 < Ge0rG> cu fake
00:40 < huebi> cu fake 
00:43 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
00:43 < Ge0rG> wasn't there x server support for the iga?
00:43 < Mike1> huebi: make symlinks dep didnt solve my problem
00:43 < huebi> on sparc?
00:43 < Mike1> huebi: nope intel
00:44 < Mike1> 1.5.16
00:44 < huebi> I don't know then...
00:45 < Mike1> huebi: maybe if i use --with-headers ??
00:47 < huebi> touch /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h
00:47 < huebi> cp $base/misc/linux/autoconf.h include/linux/
00:47 < th> Ge0rG: do you do ifconfig eth0 down on reboot?
00:48 < Ge0rG> th: uhm... is it in the default net scripts?
00:48 < th> jo
00:48 < th> th.delta /opt/krups/rootfs/etc/init.d > cat network 
00:48 < th>         start)
00:48 < th>                 start_net
00:48 < th>                 ;;
00:48 < th>         stop)
00:48 < th>                 echo "Won't stop network on a diskless client!"
00:48 < th>                 ;;
00:48 < Mike1> huebi: i try
00:48 < th> so hab ich das dann mal geaendert ;)
00:49 < Ge0rG> th: sinnvoll
00:49 < th> Ge0rG: aber ich krieg trotz dessen noch oopses
00:50 < Ge0rG> und mein kernel mag noch nicht booten
00:53 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has quit (Killed (NickServ (Ghost: Sch0rSch!georg@op-co.de)))
00:53 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has joined #rocklinux
00:53 < Ge0rG> yet another irssi crash.
00:53 < Ge0rG> pretty strange if you ask me
00:59 < Ge0rG> would it make sense to activate MTD support on the krups for writing to the flashrom space?
01:04 -!- Netsplit tenn.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: h0h0, capchaos, tsa, blindcoder
01:04 < Mike1> huebi: looks like its fixed it was my fault
01:05 -!- Netsplit over, joins: capchaos
01:05 < Mike1> hi capchaos
01:07 < Ge0rG> mhm... does anyone need 2x32mb edo dimms for his krups?
01:07 < th> hmm
01:07 < th> Ge0rG: you put other dimms into it?
01:07 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082BECF.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
01:07 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@dhcp024-210-222-139.woh.rr.com] has joined #rocklinux
01:07 -!- blindcoder [crash@apollo.bingo-ev.de] has joined #rocklinux
01:07 -!- blindcod1r [crash@apollo.bingo-ev.de] has joined #rocklinux
01:08 < Ge0rG> th: nope, but I can get additional 32mb modules
01:08 -!- blindcoder [crash@apollo.bingo-ev.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
01:09 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@p50816B40.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
01:10 < Ge0rG> th: oder waren alle krupsen mit 64mb vollbestückt?
01:10 < th> zumindest all die 7
01:10 < th> afaik
01:11 < huebi> Ge0rG: 64MB ist offizielles maximum
01:11 < Ge0rG> huebi: hab ich gelesen. hat schon ma wer mehr probiert?
01:12 < huebi> nein, koennte aber mit 64 MB riegeln gehen.
01:12 < th> aber die sind dann wohl teurer als die krups fuer uns ;)
01:13 < huebi> th ACK
01:14 < Ge0rG> hm... mit einem kleinen root-image als cramfs könnte man die krups zu einem vollwertigen autonomen rechner machen
01:14 < huebi> http://www.geizhals.at/de/?cat=ram&a=1243 oder auch nicht
01:15 < huebi> good night
01:15 < Mike1> n8 huebi
01:16 < Ge0rG> cu huebi
01:16 < Ge0rG> jffs2 is promising too, though it was said to be unstable
01:18 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@ACBA11C6.ipt.aol.com] has quit ()
01:20 < th> n8
01:20 < th> *detach*
01:20 < Ge0rG> cu th
01:28 < owl> g8. cu
01:28 < Mike1> ny th
01:28 -!- owl [~mail-spam@B53a7.pppool.de] has quit ("almost dead")
01:50 < tsa> n8.
01:50 < tsa> *gaehn*
01:51 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082BECF.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
02:12 < rxr> does someone knows a unix std tool to buffer some data in pipes?
02:12 < rxr> like cat file | buffer-prog -s 2MB | some_other_app ...
02:12 < Mike1> rxr: no sorry
02:12 < Ge0rG> there was something called buffer I think...
02:13 < rxr> hi Mike1 - thanks.
02:13 < rxr> Ge0rG: I remembered, too - but on my dRock there is bno buffer ... ;-)
02:13 < Ge0rG> mhm... the krups doesn't like booting with disabled flash jumper :/
02:13 < Mike1> rxr: could you help me with a problem building rock 1.5.16?
02:14 < rxr> Mike1: no - sorry. I only know 1.7 and dRock ... - never got into 1.5.x ...
02:14 < rxr> and I need to do some audio and university work ...
02:14 < Mike1> rxr: its most a prblem with glibc
02:14 < Mike1> i see
02:14 < Mike1> rxr: i am interested too in building drock 1.6 do you still care about build reports?
02:15 < rxr> sure I care - but I allready know that some files do not download (URL changed ...)
02:16 < Mike1> rxr: yeah 
02:16 < Mike1> rxr: is there are drock-1.6.0-src.iso
02:16 < Mike1> ?
02:17 < rxr> Mike1: no  - but single files
02:17 < rxr> http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/ftp/drock/pkg-archive/
02:18 < rxr> BUT - PLEASE only download the files you need - not all !!!
02:18 < rxr> (my connect is allready overfilled)
02:18 < Mike1> rxr: yeah i was trying to fetch the drock iso your connecting is very messe
02:18 < Mike1> +d
02:18 < Mike1> i had a download rate 2.0K
02:19 < Mike1> und i have a 1.5MB connecting so it was certainly urs
02:19 < rxr> Mike1: this is because all the stupid people start downloads before the files are mirrored completely ...
02:19 < rxr> The rsync to mirrors is still running ...
02:20 < Mike1> damn
02:20 < Mike1> maybe you would like to sent a mail asking for cooperation regarding this
02:20 < Mike1> :)
02:20 < rxr> maybe I should not give the original URL (of my server) away - and only let people use the mirror sites ...)
02:21 < Mike1> hehe that would work too
02:31 < odd_amrimp> Anyone figure out that REL problem with MIPS?
02:32 < odd_amrimp> the __syscall_error REL16, blah when compiling up glibc?
02:45 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has quit ("EOF")
03:09 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@p50809C89.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
03:17 -!- pdog4x4 [~pdog4x4@user-0c931m4.cable.mindspring.com] has joined #rocklinux
03:17 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530EC8.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
03:24 -!- pdog4x4 [~pdog4x4@user-0c931m4.cable.mindspring.com] has left #rocklinux ()
03:27 -!- freed [~bofh@konzentrat.tfh-berlin.de] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
03:46 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has left #rocklinux ("Client Exiting")
05:25 -!- freed [~bofh@konzentrat.tfh-berlin.de] has joined #rocklinux
06:23 < SMP> Moin
06:44 -!- rxr [~rene@port-213-20-128-37.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
07:06 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A77.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #rocklinux
07:14 < [anders]> re SMP
07:15 < [anders]> re snyke
07:15 < [anders]> Hmmmias.. build fell over on 3-linux...
07:19 < [anders]> 'asm operand 1 probably doesn't match constraints' ??
07:27 < [anders]> erk.. 3-linux fails due to compile errors in addconf.c (src/linux/net/ipv6)
07:28 < [anders]> . o O (Time to tweak the kernel config a bit I think...)
07:33 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A77.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
07:52 < [anders]> Right, how the hell can I turn of the fscking IPV6 support when building the kernel...
07:52 < [anders]> a) IPV6 is useless as it isn't in use anywhere relevant yet and b) it breaks the build..
08:21 < huebi> moin
08:24 < huebi> Moin SMP 
08:24 < huebi> Moin [anders] 
08:25 < huebi> [anders]: I'm on that issue with IPv6 in the kernel since 3 days...
08:34 < SMP> echo CONFIG_IPV6 >> misc/linux/disable-broken.lst
08:34 < SMP> should do the job
08:35 < huebi> SMP: Jo.
08:37 < huebi> SMP: And I want to have a very much closer look how the funktion of the kernel.conf.cpp works.
08:38 < huebi> The way the kernel has to be configured for ia32, alpha and sparc is very different.
08:43 < fake> mornin
08:43 < huebi> moin fake 
08:44 < SMP> why do both arch-conf/ia32 and arch-conf/intel exist?
08:45 < huebi> SMP: It's a mistake. intel should not be there anymore.
08:46 < SMP> oh yes, it's empty anyway
08:46 * SMP cvs up -P
08:47 < huebi> SMP: cvs up -P - then you won't get: the empty directories in misc/install-disk.
08:48 < huebi> -:
08:49 < fake> odd_amrimp: i know it. the official answer from #mipslinux = "Use gcc 3.1 at least."
08:49 < huebi> only etc and sbin contain some files. The rest won't be co/up
08:49 < fake> odd_amrimp: and they are right
08:49 < SMP> huebi: aaaarrrrghhhh
08:49 < huebi> SMP: ccccvvvvsssss ;-)
08:50 < SMP> no. stoooooooooooooooopid
08:50 < SMP> I'll commit a fix
08:50 < huebi> SMP: The solution is to put in an empty directory a file (to erase it afterwards)
08:51 < fake> punch.me, kill.me, erase.me .... i like those files ;-)
08:51 < SMP> no, the solution is to think before you act
08:51 < huebi> or to delete intel in the repository (the worse solution).
08:51 -!- rxr [~rene@212.202.170.175] has joined #rocklinux
08:51 < fake> what's think? can you eat it? is it yummy?
08:51 < huebi> moin rxr 
08:52 < fake> morschn rene
08:53 < huebi> *gespanntaufdieloesungwart*
08:57 * fake is off for BBQ @school ;)
08:57 < fake> cu later
08:57 < huebi> fake: Much fun ;-)
08:57 < fake> thanks
08:59 < huebi> Here in Darmstadt ist for the next 4 days "Heinerfest" 750000 visitors are expected.
08:59 < huebi> 6 time more than citizens
09:01 < [anders]> SMP: found and done that..
09:01 < [anders]> huebi: if I figure it out, I'll let you know, but I guess you'll get there before me..
09:02 < huebi> [anders]: That would be great. ;-)
09:02 < SMP> revision 1.14
09:02 < SMP> date: 2002/07/05 07:01:15;  author: stefanp;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -0
09:02 < SMP> install-disks no longer depends on checkout of empty directories
09:02 < SMP> Working file: base-config/install-disks/install-disks.conf
09:02 < [anders]> right, it is going past 3-linux.. is on 3-cfree86 now..
09:02 < [anders]> 3-xfree86 even..
09:03 < huebi> [anders]: Thank you;-)
09:03 * [anders] will remove _nodel_ once compile is finished, then run it all again...
09:04 < [anders]> huebi: all I have had to change in 1.5.16 is the symlink for linux-src -> linux in base_archive and then the CONFIG_IPV6 thing..
09:04 < huebi> [anders]: You can also just activate stage 5 - a full rebuild.
09:04 * [anders] building for ia32-k7 arch..
09:04 < [anders]> huebi: that is true..
09:05 < huebi> [anders]: You did a: ln -s linux-src linux in base-config?
09:06 < [anders]> once I get base+opt to build cleanly (and every time) I will start working on ext and get it downloading everuything..
09:06 < [anders]> huebi: the other way around   'ln -s linux linux-src'
09:07 < [anders]> in base-archive, sorry..
09:07 < huebi> was linux-src missing?
09:07 < [anders]> in base-archive, yes..
09:07 < huebi> ahh, ok
09:08 < [anders]> will base+opt fit on one CD?
09:10 < huebi> [anders]: yes, it will.
09:10 < [anders]> that true for both binary and source ?
09:11 < [anders]> i.e. binary k7 on one CD and all base+opt sources on one CD ?
09:13 < [anders]> I also have a rather large patch for XFree86.. The driver for the SiS315 gfx chipset is not in XFree86 4.2.0, if I create a patch for that, I can just drop it in place and get it built in?
09:13 < [anders]> (no, I did not write the code, I just downloaded it... ;-)
09:14 < huebi> [anders]: Yes all will fit on one cd.
09:15 < huebi> binaries on one and sources on the other.
09:15 < huebi> ftp://download.rocklinux.de/1.5/1.5.16/ <- there are the sizes.
09:16 < [anders]> huebi: cheers.. :)
09:42 < huebi> mount: failed with nfs mount version 4, trying 3.. <- I think I missed something. v4 is new. I must have a look at it.
09:44 < [anders]> huebi: is that in 1.5.16 ?
09:45 < huebi> [anders]: in kernel 2.4.18-rc4 as in 1.5.16
09:46 < [anders]> huebi: err, ia32 is not using 2.4.18-rc4 is it?
09:53 < huebi> [anders]: also ia32 is using 2.4.18-rc4 instead of 2.4.18(-rc3)
09:54 < huebi> [anders]: have a look at this 2-liner
09:54 < huebi> http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/misc/linux/01-2.4.18-rc4.patch?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
09:55 < huebi> sparc(64) will fail under heavy load without this patch under heavy load
09:59 -!- rxr [~rene@212.202.170.175] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
10:00 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-175.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
10:09 < [anders]> huebi: ah, okay.. should not make any difference then..
10:10 < [anders]> to the IPV6 thingy I mean..
10:10 < huebi> [anders]: No, it doesn't. Only effective on sparc64 IIRC
10:10 < [anders]> build now on to qt..
10:10 < [anders]> 3-qt even..
10:12 < huebi> qt will take 3 times longer in 1.5.17 than in 1.5.16. Now all 4 library sorts ( qt, qt multithreaded, both for static and dynamic linking an build)
10:13 < huebi> s/an/are/
10:20 < [anders]> huebi: oook.. and when is 1.5.17 due out?
10:22 < huebi> [anders]: One of the biggest issues was/is the new kernel.config. I try to get it out wednesday.
10:22 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-175.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
10:24 < [anders]> huebi: next wednesday?
10:24 < huebi> [anders]: Yes
10:24 * [anders] will not try and install 1.5.16 anywhere if 1.5.17 is just around the corner..
10:25 < huebi> [anders]: There will be just more fixes and not so many changes that it would worth to wait.
10:26 < huebi> You then should also be able to update your tree and just to rebuild the changes.
10:27 < [anders]> huebi: ok, I'll carry on building with 1.5.16 and play with that.. I am not in a position to re-install my laptop yet anyway..
10:27 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-175.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
10:28 < huebi> [anders]: fine ;-))
10:36 < huebi> th: Moin.
10:37 < huebi> th: The changelog is not created after a commit. Is that an error or should it be so?
11:01 < [anders]> ok, linguistical skills required.. is this correct? "Ich kannst nicht viel deutsch sprächen."
11:02 < huebi> Ich kann nicht viel deutsch sprechen.
11:02 < [anders]> cheers huebi! :)
11:03 < huebi> you're welcome
11:05 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@paradome.de] has quit ("Lost terminal")
11:18 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-175.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
11:31 < th> huebi: it should be created :=/
11:31 < th> moin folks
11:31 < huebi> moin th
11:31 < huebi> th: but it is not. I commited some stuff and the changelog is untouched.
11:32 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@p508094D9.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
11:33 < th> strange. the changelog has not been copied
11:33 < th> but ChangeLog has. that shouldn't
11:33 < th> 2002-06-05 00:49  huebi
11:33 < th>         * rock-1.5/: VERSION, base-config/imagemagick/imagemagick.conf,
11:33 < th>         base-config/nasm/nasm.conf, base-config/nasm/nasm.desc,
11:33 < th>         scripts/Create-CD, scripts/parse-config,
11:33 < th> ??
11:35 < huebi> th: hmm. very old.
11:35 < th> i'll go for that
11:35 < huebi> th: thank you ;-)
11:40 < huebi> Something more strange: When I compiled the new linux package with ROCKCFG_MAKE_JOBS='16' I got an error "cna not open libc.so.6".
11:40 < th>         * rock-1.5/base-config/linux-src/linux-src.conf: Fixed path to the
11:40 < th>         kernel source and fixed typo in generating the value for lx_cpu.
11:41 < huebi> the fix is doubleing the maximum number of open files: echo "16384" > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
11:43 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@p508094D9.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
11:53 < huebi>  11:53am  up  3:50,  3 users,  load average: 85.48, 139.84, 88.96
11:54 < huebi> a "little bit" more than the expected lod of 8
11:54 < huebi> +a
11:56 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-79.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
11:57 < [anders]> huebi: err, do you get any response out of that box at all???
11:57 < huebi> [anders]: Yes, but not too much. a little bit slower than my IPX *eg*
11:58 < SMP> where (URL) iss the ChangeLog?
11:58 < [anders]> huebi: and what type of box is this?
11:58 < [anders]> morning SMP
11:58 < huebi> The top load was about 350 
11:58 < huebi> http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/changelog?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
11:59 -!- tomik [~tomik@212.11.125.147] has joined #rocklinux
11:59 < huebi> hello tomik 
11:59 < tomik> hi huebi
12:02 < [anders]> hmm.. took 22 minutes to build glibc yesterday.. in pass 1..
12:03 < huebi> == 01:14:46 =[1]=> Building base package glibc [2.2.5 1.5.17].
12:03 < huebi> == 01:33:48 06/27/02 =[1]=> Finished building package glibc.
12:03 < huebi> 1x XP1800+
12:04 < [anders]> huebi: and what box are you building that on?
12:04 < [anders]> aaahh.. :)
12:04 < huebi> but 1GB RAM and 1GB swap
12:04 < [anders]> I have an XP1900+ with 512MB RAM..
12:05 -!- tomik [~tomik@212.11.125.147] has quit ("client exitus .")
12:06 < [anders]> == 10:45:26 =[3]=> Building base package mozilla [1.0 1.5.16].
12:06 < [anders]> not finished yet.. :)
12:06 < huebi> hehe ;-)
12:07 < huebi> == 06:14:32 =[3]=> Building base package mozilla [1.0 1.5.17].
12:07 -!- tomik [~tomik@212.11.125.147] has joined #rocklinux
12:07 < huebi> == 06:53:06 06/27/02 =[3]=> Finished building package mozilla.
12:07 < [anders]> 40 mins? :)
12:07 < huebi> yes, 40 mins
12:08 < [anders]> so it should finish for me in about 20 mins then....
12:08 < huebi> == 03:29:57 =[3]=> Building base package qt [3.0.4 1.5.17].
12:08 < huebi> == 05:03:46 06/27/02 =[3]=> Finished building package qt.
12:08 < huebi> This is the new time in 1.5.17
12:09 < huebi> 94min
12:09 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has joined #rocklinux
12:09 < Ge0rG> hi
12:09 < huebi> hi Ge0rG 
12:10 < [anders]> huebi: ouch!!
12:10 * [anders] wonders if it would be possible to add in the Config to specify that you for example only want Qt, dynamic and threaded. ?
12:16 < huebi> [anders]: yes. I could be added in scripts/config.in and then used in base-config/qt.conf
12:17 < huebi>  /me fixing sysfiles..
12:17 * huebi fixing sysfiles..
12:17 < tomik> :)
12:18 < [anders]> huebi: would it be worth looking at doing that for some of the packages where a bit of tweaking is likely to occur?
12:18 * [anders] would almost certainly build Qt dynamic and threaded..
12:20 < huebi> [anders]: Before qt was only built qynamic and the threaded libs were links to the unthreaded.
12:21 < [anders]> I would also like to do something non-standard in having a statically linked bash in /bin and a dynamically linked bash in /usr/bin
12:21 < [anders]> I don't know how feasible that is to do..
12:23 < huebi> [anders]: why also a dynamically linked bash in /usr/bin? Not just the statically linked one?
12:24 < [anders]> huebi: if something goes wrong with your system, a static shell does not have external dependencies. For day to day use, in a working system, a dynamic shell takes less memory..
12:24 < [anders]> hence, a static shell for system maintenance and init-scripts and a dynamic shell for users
12:24 < [anders]> (Yes, I am paranoid... ;-)
12:25 < [anders]> == 11:24:34 07/05/02 =[3]=> Finished building package mozilla.
12:25 < [anders]> just under 40 minutes..
12:29 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@212.116.24.1] has joined #rocklinux
12:29 < huebi> moin bluefire 
12:29 < bluefire> Moin huebi
12:29 < huebi> [anders]: I like a system which works without mounted /usr fs
12:32 < [anders]> huebi: perhaps dynamic shell in /bin and static shell in /sbin then?
12:32 < [anders]> as /sbin and /usr/sbin should be for statically linked executables..
12:32 < [anders]>  :)
12:33 < huebi> Yes that sounds good. we should discuss that on the mailing list. Could you write a mail for that issue?
12:34 < [anders]> huebi: No problem. I will do that in a bit, got to do some work first. :)
12:35 < huebi> gret
12:35 < huebi> great ;-)
12:38 < huebi> http://www.rocklinux.org/people/esden/ircstat/ - I just had a look. hmmm, I think I should do more on other thinks...
12:43 < [anders]> interesting quite esden picked for me... :)
12:44 < [anders]> "fake: it made splashing noises... ;-)"
12:44 < [anders]> hehehehe
12:44 < huebi> lol
12:46 < Ge0rG> mhm... building 2.5.x kernels on slow machines is a pain... ;)
12:46 < [anders]> the big numbers section was quite interesting and I even managed to end up in there.. :)
12:46 < [anders]> but only as runner up.. :-/
12:46 < huebi> [anders]: give Mathilda some weed...
12:47 < [anders]> eh?
12:47 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@ACB7B65F.ipt.aol.com] has joined #rocklinux
12:47 < rxr> re
12:47 < rxr> hi esden 
12:47 < [anders]> re rxr.. :)
12:47 < huebi> Ge0rG: jo, but I have a pre pre Krups model here, a "SparcStation Classic X"
12:47 < huebi> [anders]: Mathilda is the #rocklinux channel cow...
12:48 < rxr> wow irc-stat - and I'm still on the 3rd place ?? Although I was not much here the last two weeks? ;-)
12:48 < [anders]> huebi: okidoki.. :) does she moo ? ;-D
12:48 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A8D.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
12:48 < huebi> or better the ascii mascot of ROCK Linux.
12:49 < huebi> [anders]: Muh!
12:49 < huebi> hi Rene ;-)
12:49 < SMP> rxr: are you listening? ;)
12:49 < rxr> hi SMP
12:50 < SMP> rxr: the dRock ISOs I have mirrored don't match the MD5 sums.
12:50 < SMP> rxr: could you please validate:
12:51 < rxr> SMP you could also rsync them - I have an open read-only one running ...
12:54 < rxr> rene@gate:/home/public/ftp/drock/stable/1.6.0 > md5sum --check drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-boot.iso.md5
12:54 < rxr> drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-boot.iso: OK
12:54 < rxr> rene@gate:/home/public/ftp/drock/stable/1.6.0 > md5sum --check drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-2.iso.md5
12:54 < rxr> drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-2.iso: OK
12:54 < SMP> c6059cf714950b5d9f38aab1cc60f6f4  drock-i586-1.6.0-CD-1.iso
12:54 < SMP> hmm.
12:55 < SMP> rsync coordinates are?
12:56 < rxr> mom
12:57 < th> SMP: bist du morgen im noc?
12:57 < rxr> rsync -v --progress rsync://drocklinux.dyndns.org/public/ftp/drock/stable/1.6.0/drock-i586-1.6.0*.iso* .
12:57 < rxr> (oder +/- die opts die du brauchst ...)
12:57 < SMP> th: ich denke nicht
12:58 < th> SMP: ich weiss noch nicht wann ich zum SO fahre
12:58 < th> SMP: aber wenn ich erst samstag fahre bleibe ich bis montag
12:58 < th> SMP: aber wo wohnst du denn?
12:59 < th> SMP: direkt in WR?
12:59 < SMP> th: ich werde am Wochenende nicht in WR sein
12:59 < th> ahja
12:59 < th> bis wann is wer im buero?
12:59 < SMP> wenn ich hier waere, ginge das natuerlich jederzeit
13:00 < SMP> ich schaetze, mind. bis 0400 morgen :)
13:00 < rxr> SMP: you seem to rsync the whole directory ... - this way you also get the "network install single packages files" - are you sure you want this ?
13:00 < th> SMP: macht steffen so lange? ;)
13:00 < SMP> rxr: mkdir drock-i586-1.6.0 : Permission denied (2)
13:00 < SMP> th: ich denke
13:01 < [anders]> is there any plans on getting the acpi utilities into rock 1.5.17 ?
13:01 < th> SMP: wie siehts sa, so und montag frueh-mittag mit der besetzung aus?
13:01 < th> [anders]: you are free to contribute
13:01 < SMP> th: zu 'normalen' Zeiten kann ich jederzeit jemanden hier haben
13:02 < [anders]> th: I'll have a looki-looki at that in a bit then.. got to get 1.5.16 compiling end2end first. :)
13:02 < th> SMP: naja dann hast du deinen kasten spaetestens montag im noc.
13:02 < [anders]> I was asking just in case someone else was already doing it
13:02 < th> SMP: und wenn sonntag auch wer da ist, kann ich da auch zu normalen zeiten da sein.
13:03 < huebi> [anders]: Just build a package and it will be in 1.5
13:03 < SMP> th: also definitiv Sonntag?
13:03 < th> [anders]: doesn't seems so
13:03 < th> SMP: sonntag bin ich auf jeden fall in wr.
13:04 < th> SMP: vorraussichtlich aber auch schon samstag abend oder noch montag vormittag
13:04 < th> (falls die zeiten "normaler" sind
13:04 < th> )
13:04 < huebi> distance between MD and WR?
13:04 < th> huebi: ~75km
13:05 < SMP> th: wir sollten uns mal mind. auf einen konkreten Tag einigen.
13:05 < huebi> th: thank you ;-)
13:05 < th> SMP: sag mir ob du samstag abend oder montag frueh vorziehst.
13:06 < SMP> th: Montag ab 0100? (Notfalls ab 0900)
13:06 < SMP> aehm
13:06 < SMP> 1000
13:06 < th> sollte kein problem sein
13:06 < Ge0rG> th: apropos montag 08.07 - da ist abgabeschluss für analysepattern & patternmatching. aber bei koeppe und requirements engineering ist das lockerer
13:07 < th> Ge0rG: hui
13:07 < th> Ge0rG: ich sollte mich fuer koeppe entscheiden ;)
13:07 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A8D.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
13:07 < Ge0rG> th: da werde ich dir nicht reinreden, aber: tu es! tu es! tu es! ;)
13:07 < th> Ge0rG: den kerl mag ich. ich spiel mit ihm begriffe raten (so mit buchstaben vorsagen) und krieg ne 1.7
13:08 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A8D.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:08 < huebi> th: nett...
13:08 < th> SMP: du kannst waehlen zwischen sonntag zu "normaler" zeit und montag ab 1000
13:08 < th> huebi: meine shcaetzung war ganz ok. mapblast meint 76,76km
13:09 < SMP> th: Montag ab 1000 ist 'normale' Zeit und absolut OK ;)
13:09 < huebi> th du solltest dafuer ca 1h20 brauchen oder ist da Autobahn dabei?
13:10 < th> huebi: also bis zu meinem lieblings MOTOS sinds ~92, ueber WR. und da brauch ich ~1h15
13:10 < th> huebi: wenn die strassen frei sind
13:10 < th> huebi: also is 1h schaffbar bei guenstiger verkehrslage
13:11 * rxr updated kde to 3.0.2 in the 1.7 tree ...
13:11 < th> SMP: also gut. montag ab 1000 dann.
13:11 < rxr> are there other important updates ?
13:11 < huebi> rxr: klasse. ;-)
13:11 < huebi> rxr: OpenSSH 3.4p1
13:12 < rxr> huebi: thanks - this got already updated when cliff was not away ;-)
13:12 < huebi> th: Ich habe einfach mal geschatzt: 25km/h in der Stadt, 60km/h Landstrasse und 100km/h auf der Autobahn.
13:13 < th> huebi: da sind weite strecken bundesstrasse bei wo man 120 bis 130 fahren kann
13:13 < th> huebi: werden nur immer von dummen ortschaften unterbrochen
13:13 < SMP> 120 bis 130 nur? ;>
13:13 < th> SMP: bin ja noch in der probezeit ;)
13:13 < huebi> th: und die Ortschaften druecken den Schnitt auf 60km/h
13:13 < th> huebi: jupp. moeglich
13:14 < SMP> th: ich musste so ne dumme Nachschulung in der Probezeit machen. war super lustig bei den dummen Ossis hier ;>
13:14 < huebi> <- Rekord ligt bei ueber 200km/h zu schnell. In der Tempo 30 Zone!
13:14 < th> SMP: und was die fahrt hoch nach schierke angeht bin ich gaenzlich ungeuebt und komme wohl hoechstens auf nen 90er schnitt
13:14 < SMP> huebi: gut! ;)
13:15 < th> mein SO kommt da wohl auf 110 oder so
13:15 < huebi> th: SO?
13:15 < th> SO /S-O/ n. 1. (also `S.O.') Abbrev. for Significant Other, almost
13:16 < th>      invariably written abbreviated and pronounced /S-O/ by hackers. Used to
13:16 < th>      refer to one's primary relationship, esp. a live-in to whom one is not
13:16 < th>      married. See MOTAS, MOTOS, MOTSS. 2. [techspeak] The Shift Out
13:16 < th>      control character in ASCII (Control-N, 0001110).
13:16 < [anders]> ok, I'll have a look at acpi and I will try and get it working..
13:17 < th> huebi: und ich meinte position 1.
13:17 < huebi> th: URL, please? Need to read that.
13:17 < th> huebi: sie wohnt in schierke. das ist dann nochmal 18 km oder so die berge hoch.
13:18 < th> huebi: www.dict.org
13:18 < huebi> dankoe..
13:18 < th> oder direct den jargon-index...
13:18 < th> aber www.dict.org fragt alles ab
13:18 < SMP> http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/SO.html
13:19 < th> www.jargon.org is ein redirector dahin. das ist aber schoen. dann kann ich mir das auch endlich merken
13:21 * [anders] is now doing the last four weeks worth of timesheets...
13:28 < SMP> rxr: noch da?
13:28 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-79.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
13:28 < SMP> argl
13:29 < th> bloeder peer
13:30 < huebi> Gibt es einen besonderen Zweck fuer " ROCKCFG_ARCH = none    "No Architecture (build disabled)" '
13:30 < huebi> ?
13:31 < th> vllt. die implikation zur verpflichtung Config zu starten
13:33 < huebi> jo, aber da laesst sich auch abfragen, ob ROCKCFG_ARCH != "" 
13:33 < th> stimmt
13:33 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-168-183.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
13:36 < huebi> jo, geht.
13:37 < huebi> arch="${ROCKCFG_ARCH}" - und damit wird die Variable arch nicht mehr gebraucht und kann in allen Skripten durch ROCKCFG_ARCH ersetzt werden.
13:39 < huebi> Das macht das Ganze etwas uebersichtlicher und es ist klar, das diese Variable nur in Config gesetzt wird und auch nur diese global verwendet wird.
13:40 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@ACB7B65F.ipt.aol.com] has quit ()
13:43 < huebi> SMP: I've got an idea to solve the load problem while using MAKE="make -j<1". MAKE should just have an other name. Then $MAKE should not be affected in submakes.
13:46 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A8D.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
14:02 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A56.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #rocklinux
14:20 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A8D.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
14:25 -!- Ge0rG is now known as ge0rg
14:30 < th> wieviel muss im moment auf nen normalen brief?
14:30 < huebi> 56 cent
14:31 < th> danke
14:32 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-168-183.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
14:38 < [anders]> what should the checksum of nasm be? I get 1417419836 that is apperantly wrong...
14:38 < th> [anders]: cksum the tar.
14:38 < th> not the tar.bz2 or tgz
14:40 < [anders]> th: I did that.. the nasm.pz had a different cksum to what the tar was giving me..
14:40 < th> i'll have a look
14:40 < [anders]> In any case, it is building now.. :)
14:41 < th> [anders]: talking about which repository?
14:41 < huebi> 2754633639 nasm/nasm-0.98.34.tar.bz2 http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/nasm/
14:41 < [anders]> th: not sure if the nasm archive came from the loop-mounted ISO at rocklinux or if it came from the sourceforge download place..
14:42 < [anders]> nasm-0.98.33 give me cksum of 1417419836
14:43 < [anders]> (just entered stage 4 of the build...)
14:43 < th> wget http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/nasm/nasm-0.98.34.tar.bz2
14:43 < th> i'm testing it
14:44 < th> 2754633639 2795520 nasm-0.98.34.tar
14:44 < th> 2754633639 nasm/nasm-0.98.34.tar.bz2 http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/nasm/
14:44 < th> it matches
14:45 < huebi> [anders]: See also: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/base-config/nasm/
14:46 < SMP> mind you, [anders] was talking about a different version
14:46 < huebi> 1850839888 nasm/nasm-0.98.33.tar.bz2 http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/nasm/
14:46 < [anders]> th: but the 1.5.16 nasm.pz will get nasm-0.98.33.tar.bz2
14:47 < th> [anders]: i don't thikn so
14:47 < huebi> [anders]: That is correct. Have a look at the URL: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/#dirlist
14:48 < th> revision 1.5
14:48 < th> date: 2002/06/22 23:54:11;  author: huebi;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
14:48 < th> update to 0.98.34
14:48 < [anders]> humma.. so why do I get this?
14:48 < [anders]> anders@shuttle:/drock/rock-src-1.5.16/base-archive/nasm$ bunzip2 < nasm-0.98.33.tar.bz2 | cksum
14:48 < [anders]> 1417419836 2764800
14:48 < huebi> [anders]: Wrong or broken file?
14:48 < th> wrong file
14:49 < [anders]> must be, but it comiled..
14:49 < [anders]> compiled even..
14:49 < th> [anders]: get http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/rock-1.5/scripts/Update-new but it in scripts/Update
14:49 < huebi> [anders]: nasm did start some development in the last time again..
14:49 < th> and do ./scripts/Update nasm
14:49 < th> s,but,put,
14:50 < [anders]> no worries, I will not be using the result from this build..
14:50 < [anders]> I want to see how it works, long time since I built 1.4.0
14:50 < [anders]> and I'll go through and update things like nasm afterwards. :)
14:54 < [anders]> th: done..
14:55 < th> [anders]: and have a look to nasm.pz again
14:55 < th> did it update?
14:55 < [anders]> so now when I have updated the nasm.pz and nasm.desc, do I just do ./scripts/Download nasm ?
14:55 < th> ./scripts/Download -package nasm
14:56 < huebi> [anders]: and a ./srcipts/Puzzle
14:56 < [anders]> th: yeah, it updated..
14:56 < th> huebi: Puzzle is done by Update
14:56 < huebi> th: Ah, thank you ;-)
14:56 < huebi> th: I really have to test your new scripts soon. ;-)
14:56 < [anders]> th: it checksum'ed ok as well..
14:57 < th> huebi: can we include *-new in 1.5.17 and further snapshots?
14:57 < th> i should really concentrate on maths now...
14:57 < huebi> th What do you think about moving them to the old versions?
14:57 < [anders]> the question is what will happen now as I updated nasm while the build was running in stage 4. nasm 0.98.33 build in stage 3 and in stage 5, 0.98.34 will be built..
14:58 < huebi> [anders]: nasm is only needed for lilo
14:58 < th> huebi: i just wanted to do that without your ack
14:58 < [anders]> huebi: really? I don't use lilo anyway so no big deal there then.. *lol*
14:58 < th> huebi: s,just,just didn't,
14:59 < th> EGRAMMAR aber egal
14:59 < huebi> th: Just do it. I'll test it latest tomorrow.
14:59 < th> ok
15:02 < huebi> Arrghh, no reaction on this box load is again up to 350 or so...
15:02 * huebi having a shower...
15:03 < [anders]> == 14:01:21 =[5]=> Building base package linux-src [2.4.18 1.5.16].
15:03 < [anders]> first package in stage 5
15:12 < huebi> [anders]: should need 7h or so...
15:12 < huebi> the whole stage 5
15:12 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-168-50.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
15:12 < [anders]> huebi: ok.. :)
15:13 < [anders]> So even though there has been failures and things to fix, it will still complete in 24 hours.. :)
15:13 < [anders]> re rxr
15:15 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@paradome.de] has joined #rocklinux
15:38 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@p50813045.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
15:38 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-168-50.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
15:39 < thalerim> hello
15:41 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-254.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
15:42 < thalerim> moin rxr
15:42 < huebi> hi thalerim 
15:42 < thalerim> heyha huebi
15:43 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
15:43 < Mike1> moin
15:43 < huebi> moin Mike1 ;-))
15:45 < Mike1> huebi: i am building 1.5.16 (guess you already knew ), but i got an error with linux on stage 3
15:45 < Mike1> Makefile:244: arch//Makefile: No such file or directory
15:45 < Mike1> make: *** No rule to make target `arch//Makefile'.  Stop.
15:46 < thalerim> seems to be a typo anywhere
15:47 * rxr starting a 1.7 build
15:47 < Mike1> yes i have been looking for it but havent found it yet
15:48 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@dhcp024-210-222-139.woh.rr.com] has quit ("I don't care. I don't give a shit. Now Shut up.")
15:48 < Mike1> rxr: i will join you on that as soon as i finish my 1.5.16
15:48 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@3ffe:80ee:7c6:0:0:0:0:fe] has joined #rocklinux
15:48 < Mike1> re h0h0
15:48 < thalerim> Mikel: could be a parsing error as well
15:48 < h0h0> lo
15:48 < esden> hi all
15:49 < Mike1> Hi esden! :)
15:49 < Mike1> thalerim: any sugestions?
15:49 < huebi> Mike1: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/rock-1.5/scripts/Update-new <- plese get this new script and update linux
15:49 < huebi> and linux-src
15:49 < huebi> moin esden 
15:50 < thalerim> Mikel: grep for 'Makefile' in the files belonging to the linux-pkg
15:50 < esden> *gaeeeeehhhhn*
15:50 * -> esden needs sleep :-(
15:50 < Mike1> huebi: ok i will check it out
15:50 < thalerim> Mike1: huebi 's the master, 
15:51 < Mike1> thank you Master huebi i will look at it inmidiately
15:51 < huebi> *lol*
15:52 -!- odd_amrimp [~shane@ip68-5-32-13.oc.oc.cox.net] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
15:52 * huebi just started a new build of 1.5.16 
15:55 < thalerim> mhm you could manage the libshadow thing
15:56 < huebi> thalerim: mom
15:57 < huebi> http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/ <- updated with every commit.
15:58 < huebi> thalerim: I'll have a look at it later this night.
15:59 < huebi> it's now on my todo list.
16:00 < huebi> does somebody know why install-disks is build in stage 1?
16:01 < snyke> <-- not :)
16:01 < Mike1> huebi: no Master sorry :(
16:01 < huebi> hi snyke 
16:01 < rxr> huebi: for early adaptors cross-installs ...
16:01 < snyke> hi ppl
16:02 < huebi> rxr: Ah. ok. I must have a closer look at it. Thank you.
16:04 < rxr> AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
16:04 < snyke> ?
16:04 < snyke> rm -rf/
16:04 < snyke> rm -rf / ?
16:04 < rxr> no broken 1.7
16:04 < huebi> rxr died!!
16:04 < snyke> ahjo
16:04 < huebi> must be so..
16:04 < snyke> yep
16:04 < snyke> bahh =( sloooooooooooooooooow connection to USA today :/
16:05 < [anders]> re Mike1 
16:05 < esden> sounds interesting (seen on dietlibc ml): http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/mrsam-1.txt http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/mrsam-2.txt 
16:05 < Mike1> re [anders] :)
16:05 < Mike1> [anders]: how are you doing with ur build?
16:05 < [anders]> Mike1: it';s in stage 5.. :)
16:05 < [anders]> Mike1:  only three things that has had to be fixed..
16:05 < Mike1> [anders]: cool!!, did you had any trouble with linux on stage 3?
16:06 < [anders]> Mike1: Uhm, no.. that worked for me.. I had the problem in stage 1 where I created the sym-link...
16:06 < [anders]> then there was the IPV6 problem.. (?)
16:06 < Mike1> mmm....
16:07 < Mike1> where?
16:07 < [anders]> and then in stage 3, nasm was a bit screwy..
16:07 < Mike1> i didnt had the ipv6 problem
16:07 < huebi> Mike1: You need the kernel sources of 2.4.18 in /usr/src/linux. cd into it and just start a "make menuconfig" and exit menuconfig.
16:07 < [anders]> Mike1: I had to add CONFIG_IPV6 to some file, misc/<something> as IPV6 modules refused to build..
16:07 < Mike1> i see
16:08 < huebi> I had that problem a few minutes ago. flist wrapper did not want to build.
16:08 < Mike1> i had problems with it on stage one so i just ln -sf arch-conf/ia32 arch-conf/intel
16:08 < Mike1> also it wasnt been able to find kernel-.conf
16:10 < huebi> Mike1: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/misc/linux/disable-broken.lst
16:11 < esden> Mike1: I thought I fixed it already
16:11 < esden> argh
16:11 < esden> I hate it
16:11 < esden> I hate ...
16:12 < [anders]> esden: ?
16:12 < esden> [anders]: I had the kernel-.conf problem on alpha ... I thought I have fixed it already >_<
16:13 < Mike1> esden not on the sources i have
16:13 < esden> for all architectures
16:13 < esden> Mike1: can be ... because I fixed it somewhere last weeh
16:13 < [anders]> esden: alrighty.. I heard 1.5.17 is on its way.. :)
16:13 < Mike1> hehe 
16:14 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@p50813045.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
16:14 < esden> [anders]: then it should be fixed there ...
16:14 < esden> I have to test the 1.5 tree on my intel ... >_<
16:15 < esden> argh ... I need more time
16:15 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@p50813045.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
16:15 < huebi> esden: update Build-All. The new version now really does not erase anything.
16:15 < snyke> omg
16:15 < esden> *jump_like_an_insane*
16:15 < snyke> sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
16:15 -!- ge0rg is now known as Ge0rG
16:15 < esden> huebi: ohh ... ok ... did I oversee something ?
16:16 < huebi> esden: Yes nearly at the bottom there is a second call.
16:16 < esden> ok
16:16 < esden> argh ... I have to get a shower ... I have to leave in 15 mins !!
16:16 < esden> cu guys
16:16 < snyke> cu
16:16 < snyke> esden
16:16 < [anders]> cya esden 
16:17 < thalerim> apropos kernel compilation
16:17 < huebi> cu all. I'm leaving now, too
16:17 < thalerim> urgs
16:17 < thalerim> bye
16:17 < Mike1> by huebi
16:17 < [anders]> cya huebi 
16:18 < huebi> "Heinerfest"
16:18 < thalerim> ??
16:19 < thalerim> For all non german speakers, huebi means he'll be back as _very_ drunken master-dude
16:19 < [anders]> thalerim: *grin*
16:19 < Mike1> huebi: have fun !! ;-)
16:20 * [anders] should pick up a bottle of Gin tonight to go with the Tonic and the Ice...
16:20 < huebi> in Darmstadt. 4 tAGE LANG
16:20 < Mike1> thalerim: thanks for the translation :)
16:20 < [anders]> huebi: you'll be drinking for 4 days??
16:20 < thalerim> yes
16:20 < [anders]> ouch!
16:20 < thalerim> absolutely normal
16:20 < Mike1> huebi: damn
16:21 < thalerim> hey guys! we're talking about _huebi_, you see?
16:21 < Mike1> thalerim: yes you are right its _huebi_
16:22 < thalerim> sure we're  talking about the same _huebi_? I mean the _huebi_ keeping a always smoking cow called Mathilda at his home
16:30 < [anders]> smoking cow?
16:30 < [anders]> muh?
16:30 < thalerim> yeah
16:30 < Mike1> no... muuuhh!
16:30 < Mike1> ;-)
16:31 < [anders]> Mike1: I grew up next door to a farm.. I know what cows sound like.. ;-)
16:31 < Mike1> [anders]: hehe 
16:31 * [anders] also makes a rather good impression of a sheep.. (bleating wise)
16:31 < thalerim> [anders]: but huebi's one sounds strangely!
16:32 < [anders]> thalerim: you mean it coughs?
16:32 < th> huebi: where is mathilda?
16:32 < thalerim> [anders]: a mixture between to moo and to cough
16:33 < thalerim> th: huebi was and is going to get drunken
16:33 < th> thalerim: with his cows?
16:33 < [anders]> thalerim: no no no, not 'drunken'.. 'drunk'... :-D
16:34 < thalerim> as far as i know drunken is right as well
16:34 < [anders]> it is?
16:34 < thalerim> could be slang
16:34 < thalerim> or american english
16:34 < [anders]> let me check with some english people here.. :)
16:35 < Mike1> [anders]: drunk 
16:35 < thalerim> th: do you know what the "Heinerfest" is?
16:35 < th> no
16:35 < thalerim> in any case he's going to visit it
16:35 < th> yea i read that
16:37 < thalerim> [anders]: and?
16:38 < Mike1> [anders]: so you finished ur build?
16:39 < [anders]> thalerim: 'drunken' is valid (ish) but not in future tense, when you talk about someone going to get drunk, you would not use 'drunken'.. 'pissed', 'hammered', 'slaughtered' are all valid words however.. :)
16:40 < thalerim> hmpf
16:40 < [anders]> Mike1: no, on target to finish before 10pm CET though... :)
16:40 < Mike1> [anders]: i am still stuck with Linux on stage 3, huebi's patches didnt help, i certainly dont know what to do :(
16:41 < thalerim> same error?
16:41 < Mike1> thalerim: yes :(
16:42 < thalerim> paste it again it please! 
16:42 < thalerim> oops, an 'it' too much
16:45 < Mike1> Makefile:244: arch//Makefile: No such file or directory
16:45 < Mike1> make: *** No rule to make target `arch//Makefile'.  Stop.
16:45 < Mike1> i dont know where is the : arch//Makefile thing but it certanly is my problem
16:46 < thalerim> arch/Makefile exists?
16:46 < Mike1> s/certanly/certainly
16:46 < h0h0> cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf; config GENERIC; cd ../compile/GENERIC; make
16:46 < thalerim> well, browse through the Makefile, esp. the line 244
16:46 < Mike1> h0h0: sys = linux?
16:47 * h0h0 enjoys randomly typeing bsd build commands to #rocklinux
16:47 < Mike1> ggrrrr
16:48 -!- thalerim is now known as thaly|aw
16:48 < thaly|aw> cya later
16:48 < Mike1> bye thaly|aw
16:49 < [anders]> Mike1: I get the impression that there is something missing in that line.. "arch//Makefile" makes me think there should be something between the two '//'...
16:49 < [anders]> cya thaly|aw 
16:50 < Mike1> [anders]: yes i spect it should be i386
16:51 < Mike1> but i dont know where i could find that line so i can do it by hand at least
16:51 < Mike1> :(
16:51 < [anders]> Mike1: and you followed the build instructions point by point? You ran the Config script as well? 
16:52 < [anders]> as in , did you select the architecture and the CPU type to compile for?
16:52 < Mike1> yes of course my friend
16:52 < [anders]> hmmmmm....
16:52 < [anders]> I did not see that problem, so I wonder what I did different...
16:53 < Mike1> i will keep looking
16:53 < [anders]> I extracted kernel 2.4.18 in /usr/src , cpoied a .config into it, did make oldconfig dep  and then I started on the ROCK build..
16:54 < [anders]> I wonder if your rock-src-1.5.16.tar.bz2 is slightly different to mine...
16:54 < Mike1> whick tar.bz2 you used? the one included on the rock-15.16-src.iso?
16:55 < [anders]> Mike1: no, I downloaded the one : http://download.rocklinux.de/1.5/1.5.16/rock-src-1.5.16.tar.bz2
16:55 < Mike1> i think its actually the same
16:55 < Mike1> not sure though
16:56 < [anders]> quite probably, generated on 19th June?
16:56 < Mike1> mmm yeah
16:56 < Mike1> i think there is a newer one right?
16:56 < [anders]> Actually, no. they are different.. the timestamps are different..
16:57 * Mike1 removing stuff to restart build again :(
16:57 < [anders]> the one on the ISO has time 20-Jun-2002 08:22 and the one I gave the link to has time 19-Jun-2002 12:23
16:57 < [anders]> Without diff'ing them, I can't tell if they really are different..
16:59 < Mike1> so you recomend that i use 19?
16:59 < Mike1> in stead of 20?
17:00 < [anders]> I used the one with slightly older time-stamp..
17:01 < [anders]> Mike1: Let me DL them and compare them..
17:01 < Mike1> ok
17:02 < [anders]> okay, you want what installed, and where? Do you want the partition mounted somewhere? Or did you want the distribution installed somewhere?
17:03 < [anders]> erk!
17:03 < [anders]> wrong chan/win
17:04 < [anders]> Mike1: use the one from the 19th.. There is a fair few changes between the two..
17:05 < [anders]> Ok, so you made a partition, boot redhat and point redhat at that partition.. :)
17:05 < [anders]> aaaaaarrrrgh!!
17:06 < [anders]> too many windows, to much to type..
17:26 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A56.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit ("°ShowDowN v12 PrO° since 1996: http://www.sci.fi/~showdown/")
17:29 < [anders]> Mike1: what was that error again?
17:33 < Mike1> i dont know where is the : arch//Makefile thing but it certanly is my problem
17:33 < Mike1> mm... mom
17:34 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A56.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #rocklinux
17:34 < Mike1> Makefile:244: arch//Makefile: No such file or directory
17:34 < Mike1> make: *** No rule to make target `arch//Makefile'.  Stop.
17:34 < Mike1> thats the erro [anders]
17:37 < [anders]> any idea what makefile it is?
17:39 < [anders]> it isn't a makefile in the rock-src-1.5.16 tree.. No Makefile is being modified in there...
17:39 < Mike1> i think it could be /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/Makefile
17:39 < Mike1> but i am not sure
17:39 < Mike1> what do you think?
17:41 < [anders]> I'd guess that is the case, so for some reason your build env is not picking up the correct $ARCH
17:42 < Mike1> yes
17:42 < Mike1> i am going back to code and see how to fix it
17:43 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@212.116.24.1] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
17:43 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@212.116.24.1] has joined #rocklinux
17:43 < Mike1> re bluefire
17:47 < bluefire> Grrr. Provider.... grrr
17:48 < Mike1> bluefire: DSL?
17:50 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@212.116.24.1] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
17:52 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@212.116.24.1] has joined #rocklinux
17:53 -!- thaly|aw [~tobrit@p50813045.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Ho chresim eidos uch hoch poll eidos sphos")
17:54 < bluefire> Grrrrrr.... provider grrrrr
17:54 < Mike1> bluefire: mmm
17:56 * bluefire hates it when it leased line drops packets.
18:02 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:03 < uninvited> tach! --- greetings!
18:03 < Mike1> Hey there uninvited
18:03 < bluefire> Hi uninvited
18:08 < uninvited> what is charset 1250?
18:11 < Ge0rG> windows stuff?
18:11 < Ge0rG> mhm... someone should try XFree86_SVGA on the krups
18:12 < uninvited> gonna run irssi under gnome now...cya soon
18:12 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
18:13 < th> Ge0rG: try it!
18:14 < Ge0rG> th: I'm too busy preparing my report
18:15 < th> Ge0rG: we are all too busy
18:19 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:20 < uninvited> back
18:20 < Mike1> re uninvited on irssi
18:20 < uninvited> hello
18:20 < Mike1> :)
18:21 < Mike1> [anders]: i started over a new build wish me luck
18:22 < uninvited> Hmmm works quite well, but the letters suck ;-)
18:22 < [anders]> Mike1: good luck! :)
18:22 < Mike1> [anders]: BTW i am going to use the 19th snapshot 
18:23 < [anders]> Mike1: there was very little in the 19th one to cause me problems.. I will eventually set up things to pull snaps via CVS..
18:23 < esden> re hi all
18:23 < [anders]> rehi esden 
18:23 < Mike1> re hi esden
18:24 < Mike1> [anders]: ok so now could you tell me what things you fixed so i dont have to deal with this :)
18:25 < Mike1> [anders]: nice i didnt have any trouble with kernel headers on stage 1 with this snap :)
18:25 < [anders]> Mike1: in base-archive, I made a sym-link, 'ln -s linux linus-src'
18:26 < Mike1> what do you need that for?
18:26 < [anders]> Mike1: then I added the line "CONFIG_IPV6             2002-07-05      2.4.18  IPV6 fucks up" to the file rock-src-1.5.16/misc/linux/disable-broken.lst
18:27 < [anders]> Mike1: in stage 1, it tries to build linux-src, which doesn't exist..
18:27 < Mike1> == 11:20:57 07/05/02 =[1]=> Finished building package linux-src.
18:27 < [anders]> Mike1: ok, so you didn't get that problem then. :-)
18:28 < [anders]> you might not come across the ipv6 issue either.. I don't know, but it was stumping me for a while..
18:29 -!- uninvite1 [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:29 < uninvite1> Hmmm
18:36 < [anders]> right, going away until I get home.. cya guys later..
18:37 < Mike1> cu [anders]
18:38 < esden> cu all
18:39 < Mike1> leaving esden?
18:44 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
18:48 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:54 -!- h0h0 is now known as NiceWok
18:54 -!- NiceWok is now known as h0h0
18:57 < Mike1> Anyone knows about a package to for sendmail log analisys and statistics, sort of like webalizer does for apache?
18:59 < uninvite1> argh!!! nooooo..hdd crash on second machine !
18:59 < uninvite1> 30 gb full of video n audio gone !
18:59 < uninvite1> weeeeeeeep!!!
19:00 < Mike1> WOW
19:00 < Mike1> Are you happy?
19:00 < Mike1> *g
19:00 < uninvite1> hmmmmm...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
19:00 < uninvite1> *G*
19:02 -!- uninvite1 [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Lost terminal")
19:02 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9590192.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Lost terminal")
19:12 -!- holyolli [~oregehr@rossini.marcant.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:13 < Mike1> hi holyolli
19:14 < snyke> hi holyolli
19:15 < tomik> hi holyolli
19:27 < bluefire> Bye
19:28 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@212.116.24.1] has quit ("leaving")
19:31 < holyolli> ups
19:31 < holyolli> hi
19:31 < holyolli> <-- just didn't want to go into irc...
19:31 < holyolli> ("verklickt" ;)
19:31 < holyolli> hi Mike1, snyke, tomik.....and bye ;-)
19:32 -!- holyolli [~oregehr@rossini.marcant.net] has quit ("fnord!")
19:33 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
19:48 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@3ffe:80ee:7c6:0:0:0:0:fe] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
19:54 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has left #rocklinux ("Client Exiting")
20:09 < huebi> re
20:27 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has joined #rocklinux
20:27 < Ge0rG> re
20:27 < huebi> re Ge0rG 
21:00 < huebi> qt is now running. for 90 min or so ....
21:00 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-254.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
21:01 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-191.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
21:03 -!- snyke is now known as snyk3
21:04 -!- snyk3 [~snyke@pD9502A56.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has left #rocklinux ()
21:04 -!- snyke [snyke@happypenguin.org] has joined #rocklinux
21:10 -!- Sch0rSch [georg@op-co.de] has joined #rocklinux
21:10 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
21:10 -!- Sch0rSch is now known as Ge0rG
21:29 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
21:29 < Mike1> re
21:36 < [anders]> re Mike1 
21:37 < [anders]> arrrf!! Debian Woody uses the new tar... and ROCK 1.5.16 is expecting the old tar...
21:39 < Mike1> [anders]: anders to upack bz2 files?
21:46 < [anders]> Mike1: yeah...
21:46 -!- tomik [~tomik@212.11.125.147] has quit ("you know, geeks are at their best late at night...")
21:46 < [anders]> It is about time ROCK shifted over to the new tar..
21:46 < Mike1> [anders]: also you could fix the pkg.conf files ur self *G
21:47 < snyke> *pling*
21:50 < [anders]> Mike1: hehehe.. I think I just might do that.. :)
21:52 < Mike1> [anders]: have fun my friend
21:54 < [anders]> Mike1: Well, since I am rebuilding everything again anyway... I might as well get a few things fixed that has been bugging me..
21:54 < Mike1> how come ur rebuilding?
21:54 < Mike1> i thought you were almost finished
21:57 < huebi> re Miguel
21:57 < huebi> re Anders
21:57 < Mike1> Master huebi i thought you were drunk
21:58 < Mike1> *g
21:58 < huebi> Mike1: should I build a rock-src package for you?
21:58 < Mike1> huebi: what do you mean?
21:58 < [anders]> Mike1: I was only building this one to get back into it and also to flush out build breaks..
21:58 < [anders]> re huebi 
21:59 < [anders]> huebi: getting drunk yet?
21:59 < huebi> Mike1: no, I went to town to meet my wife and my daughter. Not to drink something.
21:59 < huebi> ;-)
21:59 < Mike1> hehe good huebi
22:00 < Mike1> [anders]: oh so you are building on rock?
22:00 < huebi> But here must be some cold beers in the fridge.
22:00 < [anders]> Mike1: building on Debian Woody..
22:00 < Mike1> huebi: hehe
22:00 < huebi> re snyke 
22:00 < [anders]> got to go, back later perhaps.. :)
22:00 < Mike1> [anders]: ever tryed to build on slackware?
22:00 < huebi> cu [anders] 
22:00 < Mike1> its a pain in the ass
22:00 < Mike1> [anders]: n8 
22:01 < Mike1> huebi: ok so what were you saying about building a rock-src for me?
22:03 < huebi> Mike1: yes, a copy of my build tree
22:03 < Mike1> i would really apreciate that my friend
22:03 < huebi> But I have to wait for 30 min till qt is finished.
22:04 < Mike1> huebi: no problem
22:04 < huebi> ;-)
22:04 < Mike1> having a copy of Master huebi's build tree
22:04 < Mike1> quite an honor thanks :)
22:05 < huebi> Mike1: Absolutely no problem ;-)
22:07 < Mike1> huebi: you got an Ultra 5 running rock 1.5.x?
22:07 < Mike1> ???
22:11 < huebi> Mike1: Yes, it's 1.5.12 IIRC
22:12 < Mike1> huebi: way cool 
22:12 < Mike1> does it work stable enough for production?
22:13 < huebi> Sorry, wrong version ;-)
22:13 < huebi> root@fels:~# cat /etc/VERSION 
22:13 < huebi> ROCK Linux 1.5.16 sparc64 (native, 2002/06/21)
22:14 < Mike1> way cool :)
22:14 < huebi> Mike1: Yes, it works very stable. (except Ella does not push the power button ;>)
22:14 < Mike1> hehe
22:15 < Mike1> can i have an iso of ur sparc64 install disk?
22:18 < huebi> I installed it by copying all packets by hand and I booted it with The splack CD
22:18 < Mike1> lol
22:18 < Mike1> where did you get a splack cd?
22:18 < huebi> But for next week I planned to build a first bootable CD
22:19 < Mike1> yes me too
22:19 < Mike1> we are taling at #linux-sparc about it actually
22:19 < huebi> Mike1: I downloaded 1.5.12 and the Splack image from yuor server.
22:19 < Mike1> lol
22:19 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@ACB7B65F.ipt.aol.com] has joined #rocklinux
22:19 < huebi>  /join #linux-sparc
22:19 < Mike1> never thought it would be usefull 
22:20 < Mike1> i had no sparc when i gave them to you
22:26 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082B328.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
22:26 < tsa> hi
22:27 < Mike1> re t
22:27 < Mike1> tsa :)
22:28 < huebi> == 20:54:00 =[3]=> Building base package qt [3.0.4 1.5.17].
22:28 < huebi> == 22:27:59 07/05/02 =[3]=> Finished building package qt.
22:28 < tsa> hi Mike1
22:28 < Mike1> :)
22:28 < huebi> moin tsa 
22:28 < Mike1> cool huebi
22:28 < tsa> hi huebi
22:29 < huebi> that was with make -j16 ;-) 94min
22:29 < huebi> Creating tars/ia32-qt.tar.bz2 ... 22M
22:31 < huebi> tsa: How are you?
22:32 < tsa> huebi: fine, thanks.
22:33 < huebi> tsa: me too. The kernel now builds again.
22:33 < tsa> cool.
22:33 < tsa> what did you change?
22:34 * Mike1 cant wait to see huebi's build tree
22:36 * huebi is uploading...
22:37 < huebi> ftp://rocklinux.dyndns.org/rock-src-1.5.17-DEV-Miguel-Edition.tar.bz2
22:37 < Mike1> haha
22:37 < tsa> hehe
22:37 < Mike1> damn this is quite an honor
22:38 < huebi> Miguel, you're welcome.
22:39 < huebi> tsa: [anders] found out that CONFIG_IPV6 broke the kernel build.
22:40 < huebi> And I reviewd the build scripts again and agin till I understood all.
22:41 < Mike1> anyone has ever made isos from a cdrom with  svcd format?
22:41 < huebi> Mike1: Do you've got it?
22:41 < Mike1> huebi: yes i do
22:41 < Mike1> thanks you :)
22:41 < huebi> pleasure
22:41 < Mike1> so this is the oficial first release of 1.5.17?
22:42 < huebi> Mike1: No, it's _no_ official release because it is not enough tested to be official.
22:42 < Mike1> hehe ok
22:42 < Mike1> first snap :)
22:42 < huebi> Mike1: But the build should work fine now.
22:43 < Mike1> no packages updated?
22:43 < huebi> only OpenSSH to 3.4p1
22:43 < huebi> IIRC
22:44 < Mike1> got a rock-src-1.5.17-Miguel-Edition.iso?
22:44 < Mike1> *G
22:44 < huebi> *g*
23:05 < Mike1> i have to doing somthing see you in 1/2 a bit :)
23:05 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has left #rocklinux ("Client Exiting")
23:36 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
23:36 < Mike1> re
23:36 < huebi> re Mike1 
23:36 < huebi> ;-)
23:37 < Mike1> :)
23:37 < Mike1> i now start Building rock-1.5.17-Miguel-Version
23:39 < huebi> Mike1: I found a definition how your kernel source tree under /usr/src/linu has to be prepared:
23:39 < huebi> cd /usr/src
23:39 < Mike1> on my current system?
23:39 < Mike1> or my $root for the build?
23:39 < huebi> yes, on your current system.
23:40 < huebi> in $root it's done by the scripts.
23:40 * Mike1 listening
23:40 < Mike1> ok tell me
23:40 < Mike1> BTW i am running rock 1.5.16 on my system
23:40 < huebi> jo
23:40 < huebi> cd /usr/src
23:40 < Mike1> *g
23:40 < Mike1> ..
23:41 < Mike1> root@marte:/usr/src# pwd
23:41 < Mike1> /usr/src
23:41 < Mike1> root@marte:/usr/src# 
23:41 < huebi> tar -xvIf /<path_to_the_src_tar_ball>/linux-2.4.18.tar.bz2
23:41 < huebi> cd linux
23:42 < Mike1> wait
23:42 < huebi> yes y | make config
23:42 < huebi> make symlinks.
23:42 < Mike1> i already have already kernel 2.4.18 on it
23:42 < huebi> ok
23:42 < huebi> then go in
23:42 < Mike1> the one that comes with rock 1.5.16
23:42 < huebi> make menuconfig
23:43 < Mike1> ok so i cd /usr/src/linux/ ; make menuconfig
23:43 < Mike1> ...
23:43 < huebi> exit menuconfig _without_ saving the new config so that you keep your old one.
23:43 < huebi> make symlinks
23:44 < Mike1> looks like you have been talking to [anders]
23:44 < huebi> Thats all
23:44 < Mike1> now what ...
23:44 < Mike1> ok
23:44 < Mike1> i try now
23:44 < huebi> No, I looked into the buildscripts and testet them.
23:44 < Mike1> hehe nice
23:44 < Mike1> should i still .. make symlinks on it?
23:45 < huebi> And I erased all my kernel sources because I did not need them and had to mention that rock linux needs them.
23:45 < Mike1> i see
23:46 < huebi> yes, do a make symlinks. 
23:46 < huebi> then you will have:
23:46 < Mike1> nice it doesnt run clenup by the defaul anymore
23:46 < huebi> /usr/include/linux/autoconf.h
23:46 < huebi> Mike1: Cleanup killed many builds ;((
23:47 < Mike1> yes i know
23:47 < tsa> cu all.
23:47 < huebi> It's better to use it only manually.
23:47 < Mike1> so i dont need to 'touch _nodel_' anymore?
23:47 < tsa> n8
23:47 < huebi> n8 tsa 
23:47 < Mike1> n8 tsa
23:47 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082B328.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
23:48 < huebi> not with your special snapshot.
23:48 < Mike1> hehe 
23:48 < Mike1> it feels really weird to have a snapshot specially build for me
23:49 < Mike1> still i hope it can be usefull for others and not only for me
23:49 < Mike1> ;)
23:50 < huebi> for ia32 it's allmost final I think. But for the other architectures it must be heavyly testet
23:50 < Mike1> == 10:46:56 07/05/02 =[1]=> Finished building package linux-src.
23:50 < Mike1> no problem i am testing it on sparc64 this weekend
23:52 < huebi> I'll start that, too. ;-)
23:52 < huebi> and also on alpha...
23:53 < Mike1> so i guess we will have to keep in touch during the weekend to fix possible bugs
23:53 < Mike1> i dont have an alpha :((
23:53 < huebi> Mike1: tHAT'S A VERY GOOD IDEA ;-)
23:54 < Mike1> ;) thanks you Master
23:54 < huebi> * beeping capslock needed*
23:58 < Mike1> actually why wait to the weekend?
23:58 < Mike1> i can start now :)
23:58 < huebi> good idea.. ;)
--- Log closed Sat Jul 06 00:00:06 2002