--- Log opened Thu Jul 11 00:00:27 2002
--- Day changed Thu Jul 11 2002
00:00 < huebi> jo, jo. ...another new day ...
00:00 < owl> hmm?
00:00 < tsa> good morning, huebi..
00:00 < huebi> *g*
00:01 < huebi> moin tsa
00:01 < owl> ach so.  die uhrzeit, oder? /me is confused 
00:01 < tsa> hehe
00:01 < owl> morgen allerseits  ;P
00:02 < huebi> moin owl :-))
00:03 < owl> in ca. 5 std. schon wieder aufstehen... ca. 13 - 14 std. unterwegs... wuah!!! ich will ned!
00:03 < huebi> owl warum machst du sowas?
00:04 < owl> was denn? lange aufbleiben: weil ich nix besseres zu tun habe als vor meinen kisten zu kleben. 13 - 14 std. unterwegs: in die arbeit fahren + arbeiten + zurück.
00:05 < huebi> owl wie weit ist dein weg zur arbeit?
00:05 < owl> hin+zurück: ca. 200 - 220 kilometer?
00:06 < huebi> owl: warum ziehst du nichrt um?
00:06 < owl> 1) eltern, die mich nicht umziehen lassen 2) nicht volljährig 3) ausbildung -> zu wenig geld 4) berufsschule hier 5) das was ich vergass aufzuzählen
00:09 < huebi> hmmm.
00:09 < tsa> hm..
00:09 < tsa> wie alt bist du?
00:09 < owl> hehe ;P jetzt seid ihr stumm, oder? 
00:09 < owl> 17
00:09 < tsa> hm...also noch bis zum 18. warten und dann ausziehen ;-)
00:10 < tsa> dann sollten zumindest 1) und 2) wegfallen.
00:10 < owl> nope. no way. wohnung in münchen... na ja... ich habe nicht das geld dazu... 
00:10 < tsa> uh..muenchen ist wohl recht teuer..
00:11 < owl> und dann müsste ich immer ca. 2 mal pro wochen die 100 kilometer hierher fahren.? na ja... ;)
00:11 < owl> jep. ;) vor allem gibt's ja _soooooooo_ viele wohnungen dort. egal.
00:14 < owl> hat eigentlich jemand erfahrung mit "write to disc" bei ntfs gemacht? sollte das gehen?
00:16 < huebi> owl: jo, aber du must nach dem write _unbedingt noch ein repair programm laufen lassen. Sonst ist das fs definitiv platt unter NT.
00:17 < huebi> [anders]: all your patches are applied.
00:17 < owl> danke. hört sich ja ganz _nett_ an... also besser die finger davon lassen? btw, es ist doch noch experimental, wenn ich mich recht erinnere? 
00:17 -!- Vondrix [~vondrix@212-100-182-5.adsl.easynet.be] has joined #rocklinux
00:18 < huebi> owl such mal in der kernel dou. da steht es glaub' ich genauer.
00:18 < huebi> moin Vondrix 
00:18 < owl> hmm...
00:19 < Vondrix> hi
00:19 < owl> hi vondrix
00:21 < huebi> owl wann hast du mit computern angefangen?
00:21 < owl> uf... *grübel* 
00:23 < owl> hmm... vielleicht seit ich 11 oder 12 war...?
00:24 * huebi needs QOS on the gateway...
00:25 < huebi> [anders]: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/rock-1.5/changelog?rev=1.74
00:26 < huebi> owl: ich habe als du 2 warest(oder  3) mit mainframes wieder aufgehoert und zur gleichen Zeit, wie du wieder angefanden *g*
00:27 < owl> hm
00:27 < owl> ?
00:27 -!- Vondrix [~vondrix@212-100-182-5.adsl.easynet.be] has quit ("Client Exiting")
00:29 < owl> uff... /me braucht ./whois um ihren eigenen namen noch zu wissen ;)
00:32 < owl> good night. cu l8er. 
00:32 < tsa> cu owl
00:32 < huebi> cu owl 
00:32 -!- owl [~mail-spam@Aef83.pppool.de] has quit ("almost dead")
00:38 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530593.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("I take this land for my bunghole!")
00:44 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@p50816B81.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
00:49 -!- ringo78 [ringo78@xs4.xs4all.nl] has joined #rocklinux
01:04 < ringo78> ringo still trying to masq ... 
01:09 < chrisime_> esden: http://wwwspies.in.tum.de/lehre/seminare/WS0203/hauptsem/index.shtml
01:22 < rxr> 1538667n8
01:22 < rxr> uups
01:22 < rxr> n8
01:23 < huebi> rxr: n8
01:27 < rxr> esden: a new dietlibc is out !!
01:27 < rxr> esden: should I update it in 1.7 ? ;-)
01:28 -!- Caspar__ [~steven261@62.46.7.16] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
01:30 -!- Caspar [~steven261@M132P015.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has joined #rocklinux
01:31 < rxr> esden: updated
01:32 < huebi> cvs ci -m"kdebase has version 3.0.2 and is now in base"
01:34 < th> hmm
01:34 < th> sweat
01:34 < huebi> th: jo.
01:35 < huebi> th: the libqt.a are now not build by default. They need to be in an extension package (build time was ~3h on an AMD XP1900+)
01:37 < th> huebi: :-/
01:38 < th> huebi: hmm but the ext should share the source-tbz2 with the base-pkg
01:38 < huebi> 20:33 < rxr> huebi: what "all libs" ?
01:38 < huebi> th: here starts the discussion.
01:39 < huebi> th: this sharing is also done in linux*
01:40 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has quit ("Irssi - the client of smart and beautiful people")
01:44 < th> huebi: but qt and qt-mt are still built?
01:44 < huebi> th Yes, they are both build. no linking.
01:45 < th> huebi: ok so we need a static-library extension
01:46 < rxr> rene@jackson:~/rock-article > wc rock-article.txt
01:46 < rxr>     296    1664   12090 rock-article.txt
01:47 < huebi> rxr: ;-) good progress...
01:48 < tsa> .oO( cp Documentation/Developers/HACKING-HOWTO rock-article.txt ;-)
01:49 < rxr> tsa: ? Nein kein developer einfuehrung! ROCK PR und technischer ueberblick ;-)
01:49 < rxr> hi tsa  btw
01:49 < tsa> hehe
01:49 < tsa> jo, moin.
01:49 < rxr> hehe moin ;-)
01:54 -!- ringo78 [ringo78@xs4.xs4all.nl] has quit ("Lost terminal")
02:15 -!- Mike [~mike@196.40.3.20] has joined #rocklinux
02:15 < Mike> re
02:16 < tsa> re Mike
02:16 < Mike> How are you Sebastian?
02:17 < tsa> fine, thanks.
02:17 < tsa> you?
02:18 < Mike> i am great thanks for asking :)
02:30 < rxr> rene@jackson:~/rock-article > wc rock-article.txt
02:30 < rxr>     302    1713   12456 rock-article.txt
02:31 < chrisime_> rxr: ?
02:32 < rxr> chrisime_: ??
02:33 < chrisime_> rxr: du weisst net zufaellig wie ich aehnlich wie in VAX nen LOP in x86 asm nachmachen kann ohne nen counter zu verwenden
02:33 < chrisime_> LOP == length of operand
02:33 < chrisime_> sinnvoll fuer arrays
02:33 < rxr> chrisime_: oeh - kenne die VAX kaum ...
02:34 < chrisime_> also
02:34 < Mike> rxr: nice how many pages you have by now?
02:34 < chrisime_> du kannst dann so was geniales machen:
02:34 < rxr> aber ohne reigster veraendern wirst du nicht auskommen ...
02:34 < chrisime_> rxr: MOVE R1/R2/, R3 (R2 kann int sein, dann isses halt R1 + 4*R2)
02:35 < chrisime_> mein code ist schon recht effizient, aber es geht noch effizienter
02:36 < rxr> chrisime_: hm - ich erkenne gerade nicht was dein VAX code genau machen soll ....
02:39 < chrisime_> naja
02:39 < chrisime_> der macht wert in R1 + 4 * Wert in R2
02:40 * chrisime_ blickt in asm code nimmer durch...is scho fast 3 --> net gut
02:40 < rxr> hm ah
02:42 < chrisime_> capice? ;-)
02:43 < chrisime_> rxr: mein code z.Z.: www.in.tum.de/~meyerc/tgi/calc-new.asm
02:44 < rxr> chrisime_: oh - hm . Thanks but it is late and I want ot search my bed in some minutes ....
02:45 < chrisime_> hehe
02:45 < chrisime_> hatte ich auch so vor ;-)
02:52 < rxr> ok /me moves to the bed now - cu in the morining ;-)
02:54 < Mike> n8 rxr
02:56 < chrisime_> n8 rxr
03:02 < tsa> n8
03:02 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082ACD8.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
03:02 < Mike> n8 th
03:04 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530593.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
03:04 < Mike> moin Freak
03:05 < Freak> hey Mike
03:20 -!- Caspar [~steven261@M132P015.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
03:22 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530593.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("I take this land for my bunghole!")
03:23 < rxr> huebi: still awake ?
03:24 < rxr> ro s.o. other ?
03:25 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530593.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
03:32 < rxr> ok n8
03:35 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@p50803D25.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("I like core dumps")
03:46 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530593.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("I take this land for my bunghole!")
03:48 -!- Freak [freak@pD9E39CDE.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
03:58 -!- Mike [~mike@196.40.3.20] has quit ("Client Exiting")
07:27 < [anders]> huebi: cheers.. I take it they didn't cause you any problems, did they?
07:27 < [anders]> moin btw
07:27 < [anders]> :)
07:37 -!- esden [weasel@apollo.bingo-ev.de] has joined #rocklinux
07:37 -!- Topic for #rocklinux: anoncvs for 1.5 now up: CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.rocklinux.de:/cvs co rock-1.5
07:37 -!- Topic set by ChanServ [Tue Jul  9 00:36:49 2002]
07:37 (Users #rocklinux)
07:37 [ [anders]  ] [ coldie] [ Freak] [ praenti] [ SMP  ] 
07:37 [ aszlig    ] [ esden ] [ h0h0 ] [ rolla  ] [ snyke] 
07:37 [ blindcoder] [ fake  ] [ huebi] [ simon- ] [ th   ] 
07:37 -!- Irssi: #rocklinux: Total of 15 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 15 normal]
07:37 -!- Channel #rocklinux created Tue Jun 11 09:27:41 2002
07:37 -!- Irssi: Join to #rocklinux was synced in 10 secs
07:38 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-171-89.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
07:45 < [anders]> *yawn* time for a cup of tea me thinks..
07:47 < [anders]> yikes.. kdebase is large...
07:48 < [anders]> .oO( wonder if huebi had any luck with libgtop last night... )
08:01 < [anders]> hmm.. just tried to find libgtop on the web.. freshmeat mentions it once, in a Qt app. no links to it there.. headed over to Gnome website, managed to track it down there, but when jumping to it's 'download/home page' I get a 404 Not Found... happy happy joy joy.. not..
08:02 < [anders]> in any case, I am off to work now.. laters all..
08:03 < esden> morning boys and girls
08:05 < SMP> where's the grrlz? ;->
08:09 < praenti> moin
08:14 < huebi> moin
08:15 < huebi> [anders]: the patches were perfect. ;-)
08:15 < huebi> SMP: Owl is at work ;>
08:15 < huebi> moin esden 
08:15 < huebi> moin praenti 
08:15 < huebi> moin SMP 
08:18 < esden> SMP: sorry I will make it better the next time ;-)
08:19 < esden> moin praenti 
08:19 < esden> moin huebi 
08:19 < esden> moin SMP 
08:20 < esden> ok ... till now 4 packets fail from 202
08:21 < huebi> esden: which ones?
08:21 < esden> huebi: 3-alsa.err 3-libgtop.err 3-lprng.err 3-qt.err
08:22 < huebi> hmmm.
08:34 -!- holyolli [~oregehr@rossini.marcant.net] has joined #rocklinux
08:34 < holyolli> yahoo! ;-)
08:35 < praenti> MoeP
08:35 < holyolli> moin praenti
08:36 < huebi> moin holyolli 
08:36 < holyolli> moin huebi
08:43 < esden> "Rotkaeppchen aus der Sicht eines Informatikers" <-- kennt jemand hier den text ?
08:43 < esden> moin holyolli 
08:43 < holyolli> moin esden
08:43 < huebi> esden: URL?
08:43 < holyolli> esden: ich hatte nur mal rotkäppchen von einem c-programmierer erzählt..
08:44 < esden> huebi: till now I have 4 errors from 207 compiled packages on the alpha
08:44 < esden> I will put it online mom
08:44 < holyolli> esden: qt, apm, ?, ?
08:46 < esden> http://www.esden.net/rocklinux/rotkaepchen.txt
08:46 < esden> sollte stimmen ... die url
08:46 < esden> holyolli: 3-alsa.err 3-libgtop.err 3-lprng.err 3-qt.err
08:47 < praenti> perm denied
08:47 < esden> ohh
08:47 < huebi> ftp://download.rocklinux.de/1.5/1.5.17/
08:47 < huebi> 1.5.17 is out.
08:48 < huebi> I announce it on the list later.
08:48 < esden> perm corrected
08:50 < praenti> ROTFL
08:51 < huebi> Ohne 03h, play 04h, Cache 05h, Schneider 06h, V*bis 07h, announced 08h,
08:51 < huebi> geloosed 10h
08:51 < huebi> LOL
08:52 < holyolli> esden: for lprng you just need to disable the -Werror -Option for the gcc
08:55 < praenti> 'ParentParentID, warum hast Du so gro?e Festplatten?'.
08:55 < praenti> 'Damit ich besser saugen kann!'
08:55 < praenti> ARGH
08:56 < holyolli> *lol*
08:56 < praenti> Als WOLF kurz darauf nach 'active' switchte, dauerte das bootstrapping
08:56 < praenti> fast doppelt so lange wie gew?hnlich.
08:56 < praenti> *brüller*
08:56 < esden> hmm ... gtkstuff takes ages
08:57 < esden> holyolli: thanks for the info
08:57 < huebi> kdebase geht nicht...
08:58 < praenti> huebi: ich schaus mir nächste woche an. wenns nicht dann schon erledigt ist
09:06 < [anders]> moin
09:06 < [anders]> huebi: thank you. :)
09:07 < holyolli> hm. there's an interessting article on slashdot about switching back from linux to windows...
09:07 < holyolli> quite nice - also some reasons listed...
09:07 < huebi> praenti: I think it's just wrong optimisation. I'll test that.
09:11 < [anders]> huebi: I tried re-running everything over night, it fell over on libgtop again. I don't understand what is wrong with it and I have had no luck finding an earlier version of libgtop to fall back to. It appears to be a failure linked to guile, so perhaps I should try dropping back a version on guile?
09:12 < [anders]> huebi: I have also sync'ed my tree up against CVS, so no differences are left outstanding apart from the file tar-bzip2.patch which I might just keep to myself.. ;-)
09:13 < huebi> [anders]: What parts of the patch are missing? Did I not apply a patch?
09:13 < [anders]> saugen means what? (I almost got the joke.. ;-)
09:13 < huebi> [anders]: Try to rerun libgtop with make -j1
09:14 < huebi> saugen = leeching
09:14 < [anders]> huebi: you couldn't apply it as I didn't send it you.. the patch only changes the short flag in tar for bzip2 compression.. (I prefer -j and ROCK uses -I)
09:15 < [anders]> :)
09:15 < [anders]> huebi: I'll try that..
09:16 < huebi> [anders]: ok. the longer flag is much better. It covers -I, -y and the new -j
09:16 < esden> we should really think about switching to -I ... if I am correct all distributions currently use -j ...
09:17 < [anders]> huebi: the long flag should probably be used everywhere in the build system.. 
09:17 < esden> argh ... I mean switching to -j
09:17 < [anders]> esden: I have tweaked the tar-bzip2.patch to do just that..
09:17 < huebi> esden: We use -I ;>
09:17 < [anders]> esden: I am not sure people would like the change though..
09:17 < esden> huebi: yes ... I know we use -I ... but all others use -j now
09:17 < [anders]> esden: if you want my tweak I'll dcc it you..
09:18 < [anders]> (not that it is hard to tweak.. ;-)
09:18 < esden> [anders]: I would prefer if you would make your changesen avalable online ...
09:19 < esden> if I change it then only if it will be changed in the huebi/cliff tree
09:19 < esden> ok ... another packet fails: 3-gdm.err
09:20 < [anders]> esden: when I pulled CVS this morning there had been a change to gdm.. 
09:20 < [anders]> it appears to have been rolled back a little bit..
09:20 < SMP> don't switch to -j, but offer both -j and the old -I
09:21 < esden> SMP: that is also a good solution ... 
09:21 < [anders]> SMP: I can try and mod the patch to do that.. I could even try and introduce the -y as well to cover all bases..
09:21 < esden> but it should be discussed
09:21 < huebi> SMP: ACK.
09:22 < [anders]> "ROCK - where everyone can use bzip2 in tar..."
09:22 < holyolli> *lol*
09:22 < holyolli> hi anders, btw
09:22 < esden> *lough*
09:22 < [anders]> re holyolli 
09:22 < esden> hmm ... it is getting hot in here ... I think I should open the window
09:23 < huebi> esden: switch down all boxes except the Krups *eg*
09:23 < huebi> s/switch/power/
09:24 < [anders]> huebi: or s/down/off/ ;-)
09:24 < huebi> [anders]: thanks ;-)
09:25 < esden> huebi: I do not have a krups ... >_<
09:25 < esden> I need a tripplehead krups ;-)
09:25 < esden> flatpanel of course ... ;-)
09:26 < huebi> esden: use tripple braille displays. They do not get hot as CRTs
09:26 < esden> hehe
09:27 < [anders]> huebi: am I correct in assuming that if I create a file libgtop.conf in base-config/libgtop and put the line ' MAKE="$MAKE -j1" ' in that file, run Puzzle, and then start the build again, libgtop should be built with make -j1 ?
09:27 < huebi> [anders]: pUZZLE IS NOT NEEDED. jUST CREATE AND RUN IT.
09:27 * [anders] is sorely tempted by a dual-head setup..
09:27 < [anders]> huebi: ok ok.. no need to shout.. ;-)
09:28 < [anders]> in any case, it fails anyway again..
09:28 * huebi <- needs beeping CapsLock
09:29 < [anders]> huebi: use xmodmap to change the function of Caps Lock into Control.. ;-)
09:29 * [anders] has a Happy Hacking keyboard, so the control key is in the correct place anyway..
09:30 < rxr> re
09:30 < [anders]> re rxr
09:30 < holyolli> hi rxr
09:32 < huebi> moin rxr 
09:36 < [anders]> huebi: hmm.. I think I have found something about libgtop...
09:36 < [anders]> shuttle:/rock-linux/src/libgtop-1.0.13# cat /rock-linux/src/libgtop-1.0.13/sysdeps/guile/guile.x
09:36 < [anders]> /usr/bin/guile-snarf: No such file: -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
09:36 < [anders]> and that file, guile.x 
09:37 < [anders]> is the one being compiled when it falls over..
09:47 < [anders]> oookay... I think I solved that one... but it falls over later..
09:47 < [anders]> guile-snarf is not like gcc... apperantly..
09:47 < [anders]> guile.x: guile.c
09:47 < [anders]>         guile-snarf $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) $< > $@
09:47 < [anders]> is wrong.. and should be...
09:48 < [anders]> guile.x: guile.c
09:48 < [anders]>         guile-snarf $< $(DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(CPPFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) > $@   
09:48 < [anders]> in the Makefile.. I'll have to play around with this and try and fix the libgtop package..
09:49 < [anders]> and as I am not a programmer (and so not very good with C, C++ or Makefiles) it might take some time...
09:49 < [anders]> why do I feel so alone all of a sudden?
09:49 < holyolli> *fg*
09:50 < [anders]> holyolli: :)
10:00 < [anders]> hmm..
10:00 < [anders]> uhm........
10:01 < [anders]> Okay.. I have a patch for a package.. or rater I have a small mod I want to patch in.. what do I need to do in the actual base-config/libgtop directory to get it to accept and apply the patch?
10:02 < [anders]> it's the libgtop package, do I just call the patch libgtop.patch and put it in base-config/libgtop ?
10:02 < esden> boys have you read this here already ? : http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix-win2000/invitedtalks/lucovsky_html/
10:04 < esden> [anders]: keep talking ... we are listening ;-)
10:04 < [anders]> should I also assume that when the patch is being applied, it will be applied patch -p0 in the top of the package source tree?
10:05 < esden> you have to put the patch in the directory base-config/libgtop
10:05 < esden> with the name *.patch
10:06 < esden> then it will be applied with patch -p0 in the rootdirectory of the unpacked package sources
10:06 < [anders]> esden: so I have to hand edit the actual patch file to get the paths to fit?
10:07 < esden> no ... you have to create the patch correctly ;-)
10:07 < [anders]> I created the patch with diff -ur libgtop-1.0.13.old libgtop-1.0.13
10:07 < esden> hmm
10:07 < [anders]> am I missing some flags to diff ?
10:07 < esden> then you can handedit
10:08 < esden> but are the changes so big ?
10:08 < [anders]> the change, so far, is a one-liner.. but it breaks later on, so I might have to create bigger patch later one..
10:08 < esden> if this is only one file or so then do it a simmilar way ta this:
10:08 < esden> # cd libgtop-1.0.13
10:08 < esden> # cp Makefile Makefile.orig
10:09 < esden> # diff -Nur Makefile.orig Makefile > ../libgtop.patch
10:09 < esden> hmm 
10:09 < esden> you there need only -u ... but it is not making a difference
10:10 < esden> if you have to add other patches to the file you use >> instead of > that is all
10:10 < [anders]> esden: the only problem is that I might have to modify several files.. I could create separate patches for every file, but would be easier if I could keep an original tree and a modified tree...
10:10 < esden> you only have to append the other patch
10:11 < esden> yes ... I do not know how to do it then
10:11 < [anders]> what I could do, I suppose, is cd into libgtop-1.0.13 and do a diff -ur ../libgtop-1.0.13.old .
10:11 < esden> I never needed to ... and in 1.7 the patches are being applied with patch -p1 it is making all much easier
10:12 < esden> [anders]: no that will not work either ... because you have the ./ in the path
10:13 < [anders]> esden: hmm.. and that will not apply with -p0 I take it..
10:13 < esden> I i am not wrong you really have to edit it after you have created the patch ... or does anyone have a better clue ?
10:16 < [anders]> .oO( there is awfully quiet in here.... )
10:18 < esden> [anders]: I know >_<
10:18 < esden> [anders]: cry a little around ... perhups someone wakes up ;-)
10:23 < [anders]> esden: hehehe
10:27 * huebi working. fscking ducumentations...
10:52 < [anders]> esden: I resorted to hand-editing the patch.. with emacs I can edit rather large patches in short space of time.. :)
10:52 < [anders]> Now I just have to see what happens with libgtop with my patch there.. :)
10:53 * -> esden too ... I have written a oneliner for doing such stuff in vim
10:54 < esden> I love that vim is scriptable ... but it was not really needed
10:56 < huebi> esden: It's needed to emulate emacs *g*
10:57 < [anders]> huebi: there is always VILE, a VI mode for Emacs.. ;-)
10:58 < esden> I use vigor ... he helps me a lot ;-)
11:14 < [anders]> hmm.. Makefile.am was the wrong file to tamper with it appears.. Makefile.in might be better perhaps?
11:17 < [anders]> Makefile.in was the place to tinker with.. patch now contains fixes to two Makefile.in's...
11:18 < [anders]> seems guile-snarf has changed in the recent past...
11:18 < th> wo krieg ich bis morgen 2 riegel SAMSUNG 512MB pc133 SDRAM her?
11:21 < [anders]> right.. I have a patch.. And it makes libgtop build...
11:22 < th> [anders]: talking about 1.5?
11:27 < esden> th: from a store ?
11:28 < th> esden: so einen store musst du erstmal finden
11:30 < holyolli> anders: is the patch already in the cvs?
11:31 < esden> th: can be can be ... but is a siemens(infinion) ram not enough ... it should be easier to get ?
11:33 < th> esden: have a customers hp-pc here and really need to add more ram. and hp has samsung ram builtin. well it's the best
11:35 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@ACB4C649.ipt.aol.com] has joined #rocklinux
11:36 < esden> th: ack ... ok ... I do not know which is the best ... 
11:37 < th> i don't know it either for sure... but i heard it some times... and most well-known-OEMs use samsung
11:37 < esden> [anders]: can you make the patch avalable somewhere ?
11:39 < esden> th: hmm ok ... that is an argument. I think that there are tests somewhere where you can read which ram modules are the most reliable/fast .
11:42 < esden> [anders]: Makefile.am is the best place to fix build problems
11:46 < esden> this is something we would need in rock ... but for that we need a compile farm :-( : http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix-win2000/invitedtalks/lucovsky_html/sld033.htm
11:46 < [anders]> th: yes
11:46 < [anders]> holyolli: no
11:46 < [anders]> esden: yes
11:47 < esden> [anders]: ok so where can I get it ?
11:47 < [anders]> esden: Makefile.in was the place to fix this particular problem.. Tried to fix it in Makefile.am and it broke autoconf iirc..
11:47 < [anders]> esden: hold on.. :)
11:47 < [anders]> huebi: you around?
11:47 < huebi> jo.
11:48 < [anders]> huebi: if I upload a patch into upload on rocklinux.dyndns.org, can you put it somewhere accessible to esden? :)
11:48 < esden> [anders]: yes that is a known problem with most packages ... we use a to new version of autoconf/automako toolchain 
11:48 < [anders]> esden: aahh..
11:49 < esden> [anders]: I am currently also fixing such problems in Makefile.in even if this is not really a clean way >_<
11:50 < huebi> esden: ftp://rocklinux.dyndns.org/pub/anders.patches.tar.bz2
11:50 < esden> huebi: thanks
11:50 < [anders]> huebi: not that one.. this is a new fix.. :)
11:50 < [anders]> esden: not that one..
11:50 < esden> huebi: when I have tested I will ci it, is it ok ?
11:50 < esden> ohh
11:50 < huebi> esden: yes, it is.
11:51 < [anders]> huebi: libgtop.patch in upload
11:51 < [anders]> just to drop it into base-config/libgtop/ and it should work..
11:51 < huebi> ftp://rocklinux.dyndns.org/pub/libgtop.patch <- and avaliable, too.
11:52 < esden> No such file `libgtop.patch'.
11:53 < huebi> uups
11:53 < huebi> esden: fixed
11:54 < esden> huebi: i have it thanks
11:55 < [anders]> esden: I have not put a comment in the patch, as I thought it would be reasonably self explanatory... ;-)
11:56 < [anders]> what I think have happened is that guile has slightly changed how it works with guile-snarf...
11:56 < esden> that is ok
11:56 < esden> but I rename the file to build_hotfix.patch
11:57 < [anders]> esden: good name choice, I will do the same..
11:57 < esden> is a moresaying name ;-)
11:57 < huebi> esden: ACK
11:58 < [anders]> huebi: do you want to drop it in place in CVS as well?
11:58 * -> esden reruning build process
11:58 < [anders]> huebi: it solved my build problem.. :)
11:58 * [anders] reads scroll-back..
11:59 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1C195.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
11:59 < bluefire> Moin
11:59 < [anders]> esden: you'll check it in later right? :)
11:59 < esden> [anders]: I will add it when i have tested it im my running build on natalie
11:59 < [anders]> moin bluefire 
11:59 < esden> [anders]: right
11:59 < [anders]> esden: kewl.. :)
11:59 < esden> hi bluefire 
12:00 < esden> [anders]: hehe ;-)
12:00 * [anders] now hopes for a completely clean build all the way through stage 5.. :)
12:01 < esden> [anders]: you are lucky ... because u use intel plotform 
12:01 < [anders]> and once it has done that, I'll clean it all out, tell it to build ext as well, and start it all over again.. :)
12:02 < [anders]> esden: well, ia32 is the only platform I can afford...
12:03 < esden> muahaha what a cool bandname "Butthole Surfers" ... *rofl* but the music they make is really cool
12:04 < esden> [anders]: try to get the hardware without paying ... it is possible ... if you really want to get the stuff
12:07 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: [anders], rolla, rxr, aszlig
12:12 -!- Netsplit over, joins: aszlig, rxr, [anders], rolla
12:12 < esden> [anders]: your patch works on my alpha
12:13 < esden> huebi: something against it when i ci the patch? (/me wants to be sure)
12:14 < [anders]> esden: once I have the space to store the hardware, I will then have a look at getting a PPC platform. Preferably an RS/6000
12:14 < [anders]> esden: once I have the space to store the hardware, I will then have a look at getting a PPC platform. Preferably an RS/6000
12:15 < [anders]> at the moment, I am severly restricted for space. The reason I bought the Shuttle is the fact that it is very small and compact. I still don't know where I will put my 19" Iiyama and the big-tower I still have over in Sweden once I get them over here..
12:16 < esden> [anders]: where are you living / you are coming from ?
12:16 < [anders]> esden: I live in Farnborough, England, but I am originally from around Västerås in Sweden. :)
12:17 < [anders]> esden: glad to hear the fix worked.. :)
12:18 < huebi> esden: cvs ci plese ;-))
12:19 < [anders]> huebi: I have two more fixes... bonobo.conf needs creating containing the line 'MAKE="$MAKE -j1"' and zip.conf should have the line 'MAKE="make -j1"' altered to 'MAKE="$MAKE -j1"'
12:20 < [anders]> :-)
12:20 < huebi> [anders]: load it up, please
12:20 < [anders]> huebi: ok.. will do in a bit.. :) HAve to create the patch archive etc..
12:21 < huebi> hmmm. I want to have a gnmoe with xinerama. Any ideas where I should have a look? 
12:21 < huebi> X works with xinerama but sawfish doesn't.
12:22 < [anders]> esden: you checked the hotfix in yet? :)
12:23 * holyolli ist just checking it
12:23 < esden> huebi: use gnome2 
12:23 < huebi> esden: :P
12:24 < esden> [anders]: what is your real name ?
12:24 < holyolli> hm.
12:24 < esden> Anders Karlsson 
12:24 < esden> ok
12:24 < esden> ;-)
12:24 < holyolli> libgtop still doesn't work :(
12:24 < esden> holyolli: I am fixing it ... holyolli hetz halt net !!! >_<
12:25 < huebi> esden: 1.5 has Gnome 1.4.x and Gnome2 won't be in 1.5 because it must be compiled with gcc3.1
12:25 < holyolli> *g*
12:25 < holyolli> esden: sorry
12:25 < huebi> esden: Mooooo!!!
12:26 < esden> huebi: "/usr/bin/touch: /home/rockcvs/var/committed: Permission denied" what ???
12:26 * -> esden made the ci
12:26 < th> ouhm??
12:26 < th> esden: lemme check that
12:27 < th> grrrrr
12:27 < esden> ?
12:27 < th> someone changed the permissions
12:27 < huebi> <AOL> not me, not me </AOL>
12:27 < esden> who is having currently access to world ?
12:28 * -> esden nither
12:28 < th> SMP: we need you
12:28 < esden> SMP: unser gebieter zeige dich ;-)
12:28 < th> SMP: you seem to have removed o+w on var. we need either chgrp rockvsu or a+w
12:30 < th> esden: anyway you can ignore this.
12:30 < esden> th: I know
12:30 < th> esden: it's just for creating changelog after a commit
12:30 < th> esden: i will touch the file
12:30 < th> (now)
12:30 < esden> but it confuses
12:30 < esden> I thought that it is something like that
12:30 < th> esden: of course.
12:33 < [anders]> esden: yeah, my name is Anders Karlsson :)
12:33 < [anders]> huebi: in upload, new patch tar.bz2
12:33 < [anders]> only two patches though.. :)
12:34 < esden> th: where is the changelog ?
12:34 < esden> I mean the auto generated changelog ...
12:34 < th> esden: it will be in rock-1.5 when cvs2cl.pl is ready
12:34 < th> it is ready
12:35 < huebi> ftp://ella/pub/anders.patches2.tar.bz2
12:36 < esden> huebi/anders: what are this patches ?
12:36 < huebi> brb
12:36 < [anders]> esden: new bonobo.conf (didn't exist before) to set make -j1, and also update to zip.conf..
12:37 < [anders]> 11:19 < [anders]> huebi: I have two more fixes... bonobo.conf needs creating 
12:37 < [anders]>                   containing the line 'MAKE="$MAKE -j1"' and zip.conf should 
12:37 < [anders]>                   have the line 'MAKE="make -j1"' altered to 'MAKE="$MAKE -j1"'
12:37 < [anders]> esden: :-)
12:37 < esden> ahh ok
12:37 < SMP> uhm
12:38 < [anders]> re SMP
12:38 < SMP> oh.
12:38 < esden> re SMP 
12:38 < SMP> uhm
12:38 < [anders]> bah, building mozilla now.. will take for ever and a day...
12:38 < SMP> drwxrwsr-x   2 rockcvs  rockcvsu     1024 Jul 11 12:33 var
12:38 < SMP> fixed
12:38 < th> SMP: thanks
12:39 < th> esden: problem fixed ;-]
12:39 < esden> th: I see I see ;-)
12:39 < esden> thaks SMP 
12:40 -!- Vondrix [~vondrix@212-100-182-2.adsl.easynet.be] has joined #rocklinux
12:40 < SMP> I shouldn't have messed around with things I don't know about in the first place ;-}
12:41 < th> SMP: but it's good ti share the same var for your rsync things ;)
12:41 < th> s,ti,to,
12:48 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has joined #rocklinux
12:48 < praenti> re
12:48 < Ge0rG> hi
12:50 < esden> hi Ge0rG 
12:52 < praenti> esden: btw. waht automake and autoconf is currently in 1.5
12:52 * praenti hates exams *argh*
12:53 < huebi> autoconf 2.53 1.5.17
12:53 < huebi> automake 1.6.2 1.5.17
12:56 < esden> I hate this toolchain
12:56 < esden> this idiots switched to pearl ...
12:56 * -> esden want's te kill someone
12:57 < praenti> ohh. then we have with ca. 30% of packages a problem
12:57 < esden> praenti: as far as we not run automake; autoconf we have no problem ;-)
12:58 < praenti> esden: thats not true!
12:59 < praenti> try it with kde3. it wont work
12:59 < praenti> ok. was true two weeks ago.
12:59 < esden> praenti: because kde is so stupid and is regenerating its autoconf stuff... that
12:59 < esden> i suppose
13:00 < esden> all packages should be independant from the autoconf/automake toolchain you have installed
13:00 < praenti> thats it. but it is not the only package. there are many more
13:00 < esden> praenti: yes ... right ... all the packages autoconfiscated by braindead idiots
13:01 < praenti> esden: tell this to the developer of the packages
13:01 < esden> I will no problem 
13:01 < praenti> ;-) viel spaß bei den kde leuten und bei vielen mehr
13:02 < praenti> das ding ist halt quasistandard
13:02 < esden> hmm with kde I have no problems I disable it ... it is an obsolete packet ;-)
13:03 < praenti> huebi: can you add the old automake 1.5 version for compatibility?
13:03 < esden> ein quasistandard von was ... ? schlechter ueberladener monstersoftware ?
13:04 < praenti> esden: nee. dass man die nicht ganz automake/autoconf unabhängig sind
13:05 < praenti> esden: sagen wir so. ungefähr 30-40% der sourcen, die ich aus dem internet zieh, können nur mit automake 1.5
13:06 < praenti> 60% werfen mit 1.6 warnings und der rest will gar nicht
13:06 < [anders]> LANG=en_GB
13:06 < huebi> praenti: Da muss egendlich immer nur eine sach umbenannt werden, dann klappts auch mit den alten sourcen.
13:06 < esden> yes ... then always when you see such software that is depending on automake or so you should write an email to the developer and tell him to fix this nasty problem
13:06 * -> esden hunting
13:07 < praenti> huebi: i know. i thought abaout pkgs which have problem with 1.6. i want to have the ability to say in the *.conf automake15
13:07 < praenti> for example
13:08 < [anders]> bah.. mozilla takes 40 minutes to build.. too long...
13:09 < praenti> huebi: i think it is not a very important problem for the rock build, because this are released sources. the problem takes more the cvs sources
13:11 < praenti> huebi: i make it in a different way. i'm looking in two weeks (my exams over) if we have enough space for that and then make a package for opt (because i think it is not base anymore
13:11 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@p50802B13.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:11 < uninvited> Moin ! 
13:11 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: [anders], rolla, Freak, Vondrix, rxr, aszlig
13:11 < uninvited> Good morning !
13:11 -!- Netsplit over, joins: Vondrix, Freak, rxr, [anders], rolla, aszlig
13:11 < [anders]> moin uninvited
13:11 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: [anders], rolla, Freak, Vondrix, rxr, aszlig
13:11 < praenti> moin uninvited 
13:13 -!- Netsplit over, joins: Vondrix, Freak, rxr, [anders], rolla, aszlig
13:13 < praenti> uii. that was a long netsplit
13:14 < uninvited> heheh
13:14 < praenti> uninvited: hepla has told me today morning that i can take your amiga
13:15 < praenti> the next thing is trying to port rock to amiga ;-)
13:15 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: [anders], rolla, Ge0rG, WKaibigan, praenti, Freak, h0h0, coldie, blindcoder, fake,  (+7 more, use /NETSPLIT to show all of them)
13:15 -!- Netsplit over, joins: blindcoder, snyke, coldie, fake, SMP, praenti, h0h0, holyolli, WKaibigan, Ge0rG (+7 more)
13:15 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: WKaibigan, uninvited
13:16 -!- Netsplit over, joins: uninvited, WKaibigan
13:16 < uninvited> praenti> have fun with it. It has mem upgrade to 1 MB, and i can ask a friend for one of these processor upgrade cards they used to speed up the AMIGA.
13:17 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: coldie, blindcoder, holyolli
13:17 < uninvited> If you need it let me know. If he hasn t sold that card on ebay yet he might have it stashed somewhere.
13:17 -!- Netsplit over, joins: holyolli, coldie, blindcoder
13:17 < praenti> ok. i will tell you
13:18 * praenti thinks if it would'nt be easier when all people chat on capek.openprojects.net => no netsplits anymore ,-)
13:18 < praenti> ;-)
13:19 < uninvited> If you re interested in even "bigger" Amiga (3000,...) you could visit my friend next time you re at BITZ.
13:19 < uninvited> He lives in the same street - just house #9
13:19 < praenti> hmm. sound interesting
13:19 < uninvited> I can t tell if he sold out his amiga stuff. If not ... lucky one ;-)
13:20 < uninvited> Ring the bell - LEESCH
13:20 < uninvited> Meet him at about 18:00
13:20 -!- Netsplit card.openprojects.net <-> irc.openprojects.net quits: Ge0rG, praenti, h0h0, SMP
13:20 < uninvited> ...he s definetly working till then.
13:20 -!- Netsplit over, joins: Ge0rG, h0h0, praenti, SMP
13:21 < Ge0rG> *sigh*
13:21 < praenti> that was the european hub...
13:21 < Ge0rG> ignoring notices from chanserv might be a good idea
13:21 < huebi> reboot
13:21 < praenti> uninvited: im at 18:00 at bitz
13:22 < praenti> today
13:22 < uninvited> praenti> be sure to check out. Tell him i sent you...maybe we meet at BITZ ?
13:22 * [anders] remember the good old Amiga days..
13:22 < uninvited> I m off for a customer meeting at our new office from 17:00 to 17:45.
13:23 < praenti> come around at bitz. (ich komm mir da blöd vor wenn ich da alleine hingeh. ich kenn den ja überhaupt nicht)
13:23 < uninvited> If i can park my car in front of bitz we could together go for his home.
13:23 < uninvited> praenti> okay.
13:23 < [anders]> I still have an A500 somewhere, in a towercase, with a VXL-030 accelerator card with 2MB of 32bit ram..
13:23 < uninvited> Wait at bitz. Mayhap the meeting will be longer that 45 minutes, jsut wait. I will come
13:23 < praenti> ok
13:23 < uninvited> [anders] cooooooool.
13:24 < [anders]> uninvited: not quite enough to get Linux running on it though..
13:24 < uninvited> Yeah. AmigaOS sucks anyway.
13:25 < [anders]> uninvited: Yes and no.. it was always better than MS-DOS or Windows 1/2/3.0
13:25 < [anders]> To a degree AmigaOS 2.1 and 3.x was betterr than Win95 as well..
13:25 < uninvited> [anders] got an other oppinion on that.
13:25 < uninvited> I had no problems with MS-DOS. (or PT-DOS)
13:26 * praenti is away
13:26 < uninvited> Great software.
13:26 < uninvited> win95 sucks.
13:26 < [anders]> uninvited: depends what you started out with I suppose.. DOS wasn't as nice as KingCON in AmigaOS.. 
13:26 < uninvited> KingCON ? What was this about ?
13:26 < uninvited> Never heard of.
13:27 < [anders]> you know the console handler in AmigaOS? known as CON: ?
13:27 < uninvited> Aye
13:27 < uninvited> Ah i got it...
13:27 < uninvited> hehehe speak it out loud: sounds like King Kong ;-)
13:28 < [anders]> you could replace it with KingCON: which had command line editing features you today find in BASH etc.. arrow key movement in the CLI and history, you could even click with the mouse somewhere in your command you were editing and it would move the cursor to where you clicked..
13:28 -!- thalerim [~tobrit@pD958D6DC.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:28 < [anders]> re thalerim 
13:29 < uninvited> [anders]> thanks for that excursion. ;-)
13:29 < [anders]> also, you could hit RAmiga-s and get a little pop-up window with the last 30 lines or so of CLI history and you could just select the command you wanted.. :)
13:30 < uninvited> ...emacs...
13:30 < uninvited> ;-)
13:30 < huebi> How can I use sawfish withoou Gnome?
13:30 < [anders]> AmigaOS had a reputation for being unstable, and AmigaOS 1.3.x was pretty crashy, but 2.1 and 3.1 was reasonably solid...
13:30 < thalerim> hello
13:30 < uninvited> [anders] you think so ???
13:31 < [anders]> huebi: export WINDOWMANAGER=/usr/bin/sawfish
13:31 < [anders]> uninvited: better than windows at any rate.. 
13:31 < uninvited> I remember the good old GURU MEDITATION messages ;-)
13:31 < huebi> [anders]: and then startx?
13:31 < [anders]> uninvited: they changed those in 1.3.3 to Software Failure
13:31 -!- thalerim is now known as thAlerim
13:31 < [anders]> huebi: I think so..
13:31 < uninvited> [anders] yeah. Better than windows anyway.
13:31 < thAlerim> ... writing mails ...
13:31 < huebi> I try it. brb
13:32 < uninvited> [anders] they did ? Can t tell...
13:32 < [anders]> huebi: ok :)  I know that .xinitrc looks at $WINDOWMANAGER and I have set it at times to the windowmanager I want to use.. I think it is set to gnome-session at the moment..
13:34 < [anders]> uninvited: AmigaOS 3.1 was worth it to upgrade to.. Better locale support and in general more thought through.. 
13:34 -!- Ge0rG is now known as ge0rg
13:34 < [anders]> I remember buying the 2.0 kickstart chip so I could boot FFS floppies.. :)
13:38 < [anders]> huebi: might give you another patch in a moment...
13:39 < huebi> [anders]: I wrote a .xinitrc and exec sawfish in there. Now sawfish works without Gnome in Xinerama mode.
13:39 < huebi> brb. testing 1.5.17
13:40 < thAlerim> any native english speaker here? Want to know what "aneinander vorbeireden" is in english (aneinander vorbeireden == talk at cross purposes)
13:40 < thAlerim> Can I say talk at cross purposes ??
13:41 < Vondrix> vorbeireden, isn't that 'to prepare'?
13:42 < thAlerim> no, that's vorbereiten ;)
13:43 < thAlerim> "talk at cross purposes" means the same, but is a differend wording
13:43 < thAlerim> s,differend,different
13:44 < [anders]> thAlerim: "talking about two different things" perhaps ?
13:45 < uninvited> Have to shut down - gonna change memory in memory banks, replace video card etc. Cya all !
13:45 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@p50802B13.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
13:47 < thAlerim> [anders]: yes, that's the meaning ... but I thought there would be a special word expressing it ... but simply ... *hem* english sucks  
13:50 < [anders]> thAlerim: in english? give me a break.. ;-)
13:51 < thAlerim> *hummmm* how is the slogan of Kitkat(?) ?
13:51 < [anders]> kdelibs is failing.. in odd way.. trying to figure out what the hell is happening..
13:51 < thAlerim> Have a brake, have a Kitkat ... or so
13:52 < [anders]> "Have a break, have a Kitkat..."
13:52 < thAlerim> load the errorlog up somewhere
13:52 < [anders]> I put the line
13:52 < [anders]> echo "zxc: $archdir/kdelibs-$ver.tar.bz2"
13:52 < [anders]> in kdelibs.conf
13:52 < [anders]> and the result in the log is
13:52 < [anders]> > zxc: /rock-linux/base-archive/kdelibs/kdelibs-3.0.2
13:52 < [anders]> > 3.0.2.tar.bz2
13:53 < [anders]> something is wrong somewhere..
13:53 < [anders]> tried looking in the kdelibs.pz, but nothing obvious there...
13:54 < thAlerim> huh
13:54 < thAlerim> where the hell is the newline coming from??
13:54 < [anders]> thAlerim: I would really like to knwo.. and also where the dup 3.0.2 is coming from..
13:55 < [anders]> it is as if $ver is actually 3.0.2^J3.0.2
13:55 < [anders]> s,actually,actually set to,
13:57 < thAlerim> the filename is okay?
13:57 < thAlerim> i mean /rock-linux/base-achive/kdelibs/*
13:57 < thAlerim> +r
13:58 < [anders]> shuttle:/drock/rock-src-1.5.17.private/base-config/kdelibs# ls -l /drock/rock-src-1.5.17.private/base-archive/kdelibs/
13:58 < [anders]> total 8448
13:58 < [anders]> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      1017488 Jul  8 17:05 arts-1.0.2.tar.bz2
13:58 < [anders]> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      7612798 Jul  8 17:08 kdelibs-3.0.2.tar.bz2
13:59 < [anders]> so yes, the filename is okay..
14:00 < thAlerim> hm
14:00 < [anders]> I don't get it either..
14:01 < thAlerim> the problem may be located in the code-part splitting the filenames into pieces
14:01 < [anders]> could be.. which script is it that does that bit?
14:01 < thAlerim> ehm... and where is huebi ... master of all earthly things??
14:01 < [anders]> something in misc/ somewhere?
14:02 < esden> re hi all
14:02 < [anders]> moin esden 
14:02 * -> esden reading scrollback
14:03 < thAlerim> [anders] haven't been bothered with the scripts, but in 1.7 it was scripts/Build-Pkg or similiar
14:03 < thAlerim> [anders] haven't been bothered with the scripts for a long time, but in 1.7 it was scripts/Build-Pkg or similiar
14:03 < thAlerim> moin esden.. is everything okay?
14:03 < [anders]> thAlerim: I'll take a look..
14:05 * -> esden will set up an irc server on apollo ... then we can create irc.rocklinux.org or so
14:05 < [anders]> thAlerim: for some reason $extraver seems to get set 
14:05 < huebi> [anders]: delete : rm -rf ext-config/kdelibs
14:06 * -> esden reading scrollback
14:06 < huebi> then it'll be ok.
14:06 < [anders]> huebi: but I am building base now..  :)
14:06 < [anders]> so just deleting it from ext makes it work again?
14:06 < thAlerim> esden: no do not please
14:07 < esden> thAlerim: why ?
14:07 < thAlerim> I hate it that many bigger projects are going to build up a special irc servers for they purpose
14:07 < thAlerim> e.g. slashdot, gnome ...
14:08 < esden> I think that it is very good ... it is not dependant on the network ... that is not really stable ...
14:08 < thAlerim> I would prefer it if everyone merged together
14:08 < thAlerim> to build a real OpenProjects Network
14:08 < [anders]> huebi: and then run Puzzle yeah? :)
14:09 -!- holyolli [~oregehr@rossini.marcant.net] has quit ("fnord!")
14:09 < esden> when opn would not suck so much i would say that you are right @ thAlerim 
14:09 < thAlerim> yes, that think many people
14:09 < [anders]> thAlerim/huebi : that fixxed the problem..
14:10 < thAlerim> an accurate trend is that channels (have been idling here for a long time) are going to move to oftc, 'cause lilo's behavour pretty sucks - as they say - 
14:10 < thAlerim> behaviour
14:11 < thAlerim> I can't prove or trust that, because i do not know lilo unless his name and his fame
14:11 < thAlerim> s,unless,except
14:12 < thAlerim> esden: Why does OPN suck in you eyes?
14:12 < thAlerim> +r
14:12 * thAlerim isn't able to write only one sentence without any typo :/
14:14 < thAlerim> BTW. meep huebi!
14:15 < esden> thAlerim: the network is unstable ... currently it is pretty ok ... but there are times wher netsplits are occuring every minute or so ... services are often down ... aso
14:16 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@p5080357F.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
14:16 < uninvited> re
14:16 < [anders]> re uninvited 
14:16 < uninvited> what a procedure...
14:17 < uninvited> just replaced my cpu fan. 
14:18 * -> esden compiling mozilla on natalie
14:18 < thAlerim> esden: strange... I have not recognized one of them so far (well the recent hubs' rotation, or how it's called, I suffered)
14:18 < esden> that will take ages
14:18 < [anders]> OPN seems reasonably stable to me.. I have not been a great deal on here more than in the last two weeks.. but when I have been on, it has been quite good.. regarding lilo I have no opinion, he doesn't piss me off so afaict he is OK..
14:19 < uninvited> esden> id like to compile on Natalie too... ;-)
14:19 < thAlerim> [anders]: ACK && ditto
14:20 < esden> I think that opn is getting more stable ... then it was some time ago ... we will see ... but when opn will start to piss me off I will create an irc for rocklinux only ...
14:21 < [anders]> That is not to say that a private IRC server is a bad thing.. What could be done, is creating an irc.rocklinux.org and linking it with OPN for #rocklinux only... 
14:22 < esden> that would be a really cool thing
14:22 < esden> it would be easyer to access for people not knowing what opn is 
14:23 < [anders]> well, it would keep everyone happy.. it would not matter much if you found #rocklinux via OPN as you still would be able to talk to all the people..
14:23 < [anders]> esden: that as well..
14:23 < esden> [anders]: ok ... i will see what I can do on this issue when I am ready with my egsams
14:24 < thAlerim> esden: for instance #kernelnewbies moved to oftc as a result of lilo's managment of servers (or something like that) isn't in harmony with FreSoftware/OpenSource **thingie** ... but i can't give more detailed information
14:25 < thAlerim> yes, an own rocklinux server powered by rocklinux but linked to opn wouldb e really great
14:25 < esden> I know that they moved ... I have seen through the explination ... but I have not read in detail ... but I will do it when I have some spare minutes 
14:25 < esden> thAlerim: that is what I would like to have
14:27 < esden> ok ... i need nicotine
14:28 < [anders]> esden: I know that lilo is asking for more servers on a volountary basis, so you will probably have little resistance from him to get a server in to OPN.. he might request it to have a name in openprojects.net's domain though..
14:28 < [anders]> not that that is a big problem.. a CNAME takes care of that..
14:29 < esden> the problem is that I am not allowed to make a lot of traffic with this machine
14:30 < esden> I would like to get only the #rocklinux channel linked to the opn network and that's it
14:30 < esden> i do not know if dancer is able to do this
14:30 < thAlerim> if it's possible who would like to prevent you/us
14:30 < thAlerim> don't see a real reason
14:31 < thAlerim> esden: May I ask what machine?
14:31 < [anders]> ./te
14:31 < thAlerim> located at your uni?
14:32 < esden> apollo.bingo-ev.de
14:32 < [anders]> argh..
14:32 < thAlerim> irsii sucks
14:32 < thAlerim> :P
14:32 < esden> it is a server in a club that i am in
14:32 < huebi> must sawfish be for gtk1 or gtk2?
14:32 < esden> no that is not uni ... I do not have such good connections to my uni to get a server there ...
14:33 < huebi> I mean the sources to work on Rock 1.5
14:33 * -> esden breb (smoeken)
14:33 < [anders]> gtk2 is for gnome2, isn't it?
14:34 < huebi> I don't know. That's why I ask. Gnome versioning is not that simple. 
14:34 < thAlerim> *gg*
14:35 < thAlerim> gtk+ 2.0 is GNOME 2.0
14:35 < thAlerim> am quite sure ...
14:36 < huebi> thAlerim: then I use: http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/sawmill/sawfish-1.1-gtk1.tar.gz
14:37 < esden> re
14:37 < thAlerim> no idea which version of sawfish require 2 and which 1
14:38 < thAlerim> i just know gtk 2.0 have been being developed for gnome 2
14:38 < [anders]> I am running sawfish 1.0.1
14:39 < esden> lol most opn servers are in europe
14:39 < thAlerim> huebi: eh.. did you test the small matrix-patch already?
14:39 < huebi> thAlerim: No, I didn't. But I will do it.
14:39 < huebi> First sawfish must be fixed.
14:41 < thAlerim> heh, I am going to go out the first time since 2 or 3 weeks
14:41 < thAlerim> :-)
14:45 < thAlerim> cu later 
14:45 -!- thAlerim [~tobrit@pD958D6DC.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Ho chresim eidos uch hoch poll eidos sphos")
14:51 < [anders]> bah... kdelibs is worse than Qt... 
14:52 < huebi> [anders]: here it compiles fine...
14:53 < [anders]> huebi: it just finished..
14:54 < [anders]> ok, same problem with kdebase.. remove that from ext-config as well?
14:55 < huebi> [anders]: Yes, do it.
14:55 < [anders]> huebi: done..
14:57 < [anders]> trying to keep my private tree in sync as well.... :)
14:58 < esden> there is a very interesting mail on gentoo compared to other distributions on the gentoo-user mailinglist ... someone interested? then I will send a link ...
14:59 -!- Judas [~messias@213.22.190.102] has joined #rocklinux
15:00 < Judas> hi
15:00 < [anders]> moin Judas 
15:00 < esden> hi Judas 
15:01 < esden> ok ... no interest on that ... interesting 
15:01 < huebi> esden: post faster....
15:01 < esden> hehe
15:01 < [anders]> esden: what's the link then...:)
15:01 < huebi> esden: post faster....
15:02 < esden> http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-user/2002-July/027559.html
15:02 < esden> and the following one
15:02 < esden> the following one is more interesting I think
15:02 < esden> http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-user/2002-July/027560.html
15:03 < esden> if there will be more I will inform you ... and write a mail to the rock mailinglist
15:04 < esden> how was it ?? get your friends close to you ... and your enimies even closer ;-)
15:05 < esden> even if gentoo is not an enimie ;-)
15:16 < uninvited> BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
15:16 < uninvited> argh !
15:16 < uninvited> SORRY
15:16 < uninvited> Damn it.
15:17 < uninvited> dont ban me ;-)
15:17 < esden> uninvited: what are you doing ? ... first you cut and paste the whole channel traffig ... now you flood with B ... is your coordination not working ? ;-)
15:17 < [anders]> esden: he's drunk.. ;-)
15:17 < uninvited> Book was lying on "B"...
15:17 < esden> seems so ;-)
15:18 < [anders]> uninvited: and then you put another book on Return key?
15:18 < [anders]> ;-)
15:18 < esden> lool
15:18 < esden> uni ... from now on you are on my shitlist ;-)
15:19 < esden> what book was it ? @ uni
15:19 < uninvited> "Programmieren mit Perl"
15:19 < th> also auch ab auf meine shitlist
15:20 < uninvited> I was holding baby, and as it seems i dropped book onto B. Now when i pressed <RETURN> it sent the "b" flood
15:20 < uninvited> th> good to hear ;-)
15:21 < th> uninvited: just kidding ;)
15:21 < huebi> ja,ja. It was the baby...
15:21 < uninvited> th> hehehe. perl is useful and i need it to close a project.
15:21 < huebi> I know that problem, too. Ella did paste Mathilda in this chanel *g*
15:21 < uninvited> huebi> i could ve said Mathilda was stomping on my keyboard ;-)
15:22 < uninvited> LOL
15:22 < uninvited> *ROTFL*
15:22 < uninvited> Ella ? Noooo. Ela.
15:22 < uninvited> You know my girlfriend`s name ?
15:22 < huebi> uninvited: No my daughters name is Ella.
15:23 < uninvited> And my girlfriends name is Ela (from Michaela) ;-)
15:23 < huebi> brb. testing new sawfish
15:24 < uninvited> Hey, does Rocklinux accept donations in hardware ?
15:25 < uninvited> esden> will you be @ bitz tonite ?
15:28 < esden> uninvited: why ?
15:29 < esden> uninvited: yes sure we accept hardware donations
15:29 < uninvited> Do you have need on old (but still functional mainboards, cpus)
15:30 < esden> dunno ... perhups ... what stuff is it ?
15:30 < uninvited> Mainboard: ASUS P5A - ASUS A7V - P1-133
15:31 < esden> http://www.esden.net/rocklinux/garrett0004.png <-- everybody take a look at this ... ;-)
15:31 < uninvited> Lots of old memory (these before SDRAM)
15:32 < [anders]> kaffe-dags.... 
15:32 < uninvited> esden> I will come around to BITZ @about 18:00 tonite - for about 30 minutes. Be there.
15:32 < esden> uninvited: I will try can not promise anything
15:32 * -> esden smoking
15:32 < uninvited> roger that !
15:37 < Judas> can someone tell me why the apache package is marked with an '*' in the list? does it fail to install?
15:38 < esden> in which list ?
15:39 < uninvited> and what is apache ? *G*
15:39 < Judas> http://www1.rocklinux.org/packages/
15:39 < WKaibigan> Select apache in the list to load the detail page and then scroll down a bit to see the error log which states what the problem is.
15:43 < esden> apache is one of the sourceforge packages ... so do not wonder that it is not compiling
15:45 < WKaibigan> Does anyone know if it is possible to point Postfix to a proxy program?
15:52 < huebi> Judas: This is the list of packages in 1.7 - the new develpment version of ROCK Linux.
15:52 -!- armijn [~armijn@losser.st-lab.cs.uu.nl] has joined #rocklinux
15:52 < armijn> re
15:53 < armijn> huebi: already sent out the CDs?
15:54 < armijn> I want to get my hands on normal sparc, so I need sources, etc.
16:00 < esden> hi armijn 
16:01 < armijn> hi
16:02 < armijn> hrmpf...huebi keeps forgetting to send CDs :(
16:09 < esden> ahh ... mozilla finished ... it needed 3.5 hours ... urgh
16:09 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-171-89.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
16:10 < armijn> but it's getting a bit on my nerves now
16:12 < esden> three dietlibc target patches sent to the mailinglist
16:13 -!- ge0rg is now known as Ge0rG
16:13 < esden> armijn: keep cool ;-)
16:13 < armijn> I mean, how am I supposed to fix sparc64 like this?
16:14 < armijn> I got an ss20 (not the missile, but the computer) from Sun, to port ROCK on
16:14 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-54.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
16:14 < armijn> I don't want to let them down...
16:16 < rxr> re
16:17 < esden> anocher good mail about gentoo : http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-user/2002-July/027571.html
16:18 < esden> re rxr
16:18 < esden> rxr: I sent some patches for 1.7 to the mailinglist
16:22 < armijn> hehe, linuxuser has got a review in LinuxUser 20
16:22 < armijn> www.linuxuser.co.uk
16:22 < armijn> haven't read it yet
16:22 < esden> guys have you read this here ?: http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/4302/1/
16:23 < armijn> na, still busy reading stupid stories on slashdot
16:23 < esden> armijn: I have to do this too ...
16:25 < rxr> esden: patches? have not arrived yet ... ?
16:25 < armijn> rxr: they have here
16:26 * armijn quotes
16:26 < armijn> Hi,
16:26 < armijn> Here are three patches to the dietlibc target.
16:26 < armijn> etc.
16:27 < esden> rxr: they arrived to me ... they should be in your mailbox soon
16:27 < rxr> ah - now it is here
16:27 < armijn> burn CD, brb
16:27 < esden> armijn: burn baby burn ;-)
16:27 < rxr> esden: maybe the target docu should belong into the target sub-directory ?
16:28 < esden> rxr: I do not think so ... we want to have all documentation in a central place ... or am I wrong ?
16:28 < rxr> esden: does the "fl_stparse.c" patch has any site effects? Is it well tested ?
16:29 < esden> rxr: it is very well tested ... I have run it on glibc too ... I use the patch for something about two months now
16:29 < rxr> esden: but the central place does not scale nicely for all the various target in the future - so it would be nicer to have the maintainers of it maintain the docu de-centralized ....
16:29 < rxr> esden: ack -> applied
16:30 < esden> and this is taken out of gilbc ... this get_rurrent_dir_name() (or so) function is acctually a wrapper for the one I have replaced it with
16:30 < esden> this is one of the suck me planty things in glibc
16:31 < esden> rxr: that can be ... but I would prefer to discuss it with cliff when he is back 
16:32 < rxr> esden: it doesn't make sense to mix the target todo lists with the main one ...
16:32 < esden> rxr: but I argee with you that we need decentralized docs ... and docs generated out of rocklinux sources
16:33 < rxr> patching file Documentation/Developers/TODO
16:33 < rxr> Hunk #1 succeeded at 24 (offset 1 line).
16:33 < esden> rxr: hmm ... ok that is right
16:33 < armijn> I think we need money for beer
16:33 < esden> rxr: that is ok
16:33 < esden> this patch is bit older ;-)
16:33 < esden> but tested
16:34 < rxr> tested ?
16:36 < esden> ahh .. that is perhups because of that that you/cliff added something in the todo
16:36 < esden> or so
16:37 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@p5080357F.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
16:40 < rxr> esden: maybe cliff ...
16:40 < rxr> all applied - and RSynced to my public server ...
16:40 < esden> kk thanks
16:40 < rxr> I'll start today to evaluate subversion ...
16:41 < esden> rxr: tell me if you will be successfull ... I will test it then also once more
16:41 * [anders] reading scroll back..
16:41 < rxr> esden: have you read the article =
16:41 < rxr> s/=/?/
16:41 < esden> rxr: not yet sorry
16:42 < [anders]> kdebase failes
16:42 < [anders]> fails even..
16:44 < [anders]> kpersonalizer is it that fails.. *sigh* why on earth was kde ever moved into base...?
16:44 < rxr> esden: do you read over it today? *g*
16:47 < esden> rxr: yes I will do
16:48 < esden> another good mail about gentoo : http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-user/2002-July/027576.html
16:51 < rxr> esden: what is so good in the mail - and are you moving to gentoo ?
16:51 < esden> rxr: sure i am moving to them 
16:52 < esden> rxr: no ... I mean that they have QA tools ... we need it too ... in my opinion
16:52 < armijn> rxr: and what if he'd move?
16:52 < armijn> ROCK isn't everything
16:55 < [anders]> is huebi, the all-knowing, around?
16:57 < armijn> nope
16:58 < [anders]> arrf.. I'll just have to wait then.. :-/ 
16:59 < armijn> I guess
16:59 < rxr> armijn: ? Why this comments? I simply asked whether he starts to like gentoo - is there a prob with this ?
17:00 < armijn> rxr: no, but you sound like it's a capital offence
17:00 < armijn> and a bit hostile...
17:00 < rxr> 16:51 < rxr> esden: what is so good in the mail - and are you moving to gentoo ?
17:01 < rxr> ^- Just normal question ? ...
17:01 < [anders]> easy now chaps.. put the handbags down..
17:01 < [anders]> ;-)
17:02 < armijn> my handbag is bigger than yours
17:02 < [anders]> *LOL*
17:02 < rxr> I just do not know why armijn explodes so often on my statements or questions? ... *just wondering*
17:02 < armijn> I don't explode :)
17:02 < armijn> on the contrary
17:02 < esden> rofl ... I love you guys ... 
17:02 < armijn> rxr: you always seem so...hostile...
17:02 < [anders]> armijn: you implode?
17:03 < esden> *headbangingonthetable*
17:03 < armijn> [anders]: if I keep drinking beer I will eventually :)
17:03 < [anders]> armijn: implode if you drink beer? no, you'll just blob if you do.. ;-)
17:03 < armijn> well, if I drink *enough* beer
17:03 < esden> boa ... it is getting really hot in here
17:04 < [anders]> armijn: you will not implode if you drink vast amounts of beer, but you will probably flood the toilets... ;-D
17:04 < [anders]> esden: move the computer into the fridge.. ;-)
17:04 -!- Freak [freak@pD9E39CDE.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("I take this land for my bunghole!")
17:05 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@3ffe:80ee:7c6:0:0:0:0:fe] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
17:06 < esden> [anders]: I want watercooling for my box @ [anders] 
17:07 < [anders]> esden: did you see the article at toms hardware about it?
17:08 < esden> yes I have ... why ?
17:09 < [anders]> just wondered as you mentioned water cooling.. the film they made was very interesting.. :)
17:09 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@dhcp024-210-222-139.woh.rr.com] has joined #rocklinux
17:14 < esden> I have not seen the films ... do you have the url laying somewhere around ?
17:14 < armijn> flooding toilets...
17:14 < armijn> good idea
17:15 * -> esden eating cheese with salt
17:16 < SMP> esden: [water cooling] you know http://www.aqua-computer.de/ ?
17:17 < esden> SMP: yes I know them ... i love their transparent design
17:18 < SMP> they look like they're serious about it ;-O
17:18 < esden> but i would need a window in my box so that it makes sense
17:18 < esden> yes they are serious ... 
17:18 < esden> I think they are ... at least
17:19 < armijn> hmm...cheese
17:19 < SMP> oh, an armijn
17:20 * -> esden needs more cheese ... 
17:20 < armijn> cheese!
17:20 < armijn> hmm...an SMP
17:37 -!- armijn [~armijn@losser.st-lab.cs.uu.nl] has left #rocklinux ()
17:48 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@ACB4C649.ipt.aol.com] has quit ()
17:53 < rxr> btw dRock 1.6.0 got installed on a Mac-OS X PC emulator today !!!
17:59 < rxr> http://www.rocklinux.org/projects/drock/drock-install-new.html
18:00 < rxr> ^- now contins two pictures from the Installation on MacOS ;-)
18:01 < esden> rxr: respect
18:06 < Ge0rG> mhm... the default kernel doesn't have smc-ultra32 as module. rebuilding a kernel on a 486 might take a while
18:06 < esden> Ge0rG: I predict one hour or so
18:07 < Ge0rG> ok, then I'll do it
18:07 < rxr> esden: I guess slightly longer - my P54 120Mhz needs 50 minutes or so ...
18:09 < Ge0rG> mhm... how can I tell the kernel the equivalent of "options smc-ultra32 io=0x300" as a cmdline parameter for a builtin driver?
18:10 < esden> rxr: on my P75 it needed one hour ... but yes it could be longer now ... back then I used 2.0 kernel or so
18:11 < rxr> esden: mine has only 40MB RAM - and had an apache, squid, ftpd running ...
18:11 < rxr> and yes - it was 2.4.18 ...
18:14 < Ge0rG> mhm... wtf is CONFIG_I_AM_LAME?
18:15 < rxr> a joke from esden - where do you see tis ?
18:16 < rxr> s/tis/this/
18:16 < rxr> urgh - it si 18 o'clock :-(
18:16 < rxr>  ???????????
18:16 < esden> yesssss !!! Pov-Ray 3.5 is out *jump* !!!
18:16 < rxr> do we have a povray package ?
18:17 < blindcoder> hi everyone
18:17 < rxr> package/sourceforge/povray
18:17 < rxr> ok
18:17 < esden> I want my own respository and i want povrai in it ... also megapov and pvm-pov
18:18 < esden> s/povrai/povray/
18:18 < esden> I do not want to mess around with sf ... sorry
18:19 < rxr> esden: feel free to submit a patch to me ;-)
18:19 < esden> rxr: kk thanks ;-)
18:20 < blindcoder> esden: you at Ingolstadt?
18:21 < esden> blindcoder: yepp
18:21 < esden> blindcoder: are you in the city ? could you come by my home and bring the 0-modem cable ?
18:21 < esden> blindcoder: and hi nice to see you again
18:22 < esden> ;-)
18:22 < blindcoder> esden: I'm at home right now, come around I have something for you (and no, it's not a KO-Punch ;)
18:23 < esden> blindcoder: hmm .. it will be difficult to come by ... no car :-(
18:24 < blindcoder> I haven't got one, too, but I could try to talk Zero into it...
18:24 < blindcoder> he's here
18:24 < esden> ...
18:26 -!- Freak [freak@pD9E39CDE.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:29 < esden> == 18:28:56 =[3]=> Building base package emacs [21.2 1.5.17_2002-07-08_09h20]. <-- yuck
18:36 < esden> blindcoder: and ?
18:40 < blindcoder> esden: he doesn't want to >_<
18:40 < esden> ok ... :-(
18:41 < blindcoder> okay, we come round in about half an hour to 45 minutes
18:41 < blindcoder> I misunderstood him
18:42 < esden> ok ... np ... i wait for you ... 
18:45 < blindcoder> yup
18:45 < blindcoder> but we won't stay for long
18:45 < esden> that is ok
18:51 -!- Ge0rG is now known as ge0rg
18:54 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9E50DD5.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:54 < uninvited> re
18:56 < blindcoder> esden: We're on the way
18:56 < esden> blindcoder: kk
18:57 < esden> re uninvited 
18:57 < uninvited> hiya esden, have you seen praenti ?
18:57 < uninvited> I ve been @ BITZ about 15 mins ago, looking for him 
18:58 < esden> yes he was here in the channel ... but it is langer ago
18:58 < uninvited> But looks like they went for a walk aso.
18:58 < uninvited> argh !
19:00 * -> esden hunting
19:01 < uninvited> yeah, if you see praenti shoot him point blank with your shotgun ;-)
19:01 -!- simon-- [~simon@pD9E1D72D.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:13 < rxr> rene@jackson:~/rock-article > wc rock-article.txt
19:13 < rxr>     199    1911   13913 rock-article.txt
19:14 * th hat vergessen was er nach einer aenderung an qmail/control/virtualdomains tun muss um es zu aktivieren... SMP?
19:18 -!- simon- [~simon@p50874A53.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
19:18 -!- simon-- is now known as simon-
19:25 < SMP> th: svc -h /service/qmail
19:26 < th> hmm
19:26 < th> SMP: du meinst /service/qmail-smtpd?
19:26 < SMP> nein
19:26 < th> SMP: ich hab die dinger alle gehupt
19:26 < th> /service/qmail hab ich nicht
19:26 < SMP> virtualdomains wird von qmail-send benutzt
19:26 < th> auch send hab ich gehupt
19:26 < SMP> steht in der qmail-control manpage
19:27 < th>  ich hab svc -h auf das send gemacht
19:27 < SMP> wenn du den geHUPed hast, dann passt das
19:27 < SMP> tritt denn ein Fehler auf?
19:27 < th> ja
19:27 < SMP> naemlich?
19:27 < th> 5.7.1
19:27 < th>     (reason: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1))
19:28 < SMP> ja dann schreib's doch rein. und was hat virtualdomains damit zu tun? ;-}
19:28 < th> aehm
19:28 < th> die domain steh in virtualdomains
19:28 < th> t
19:28 < SMP> das ist schoen, interessiert aber den qmail-smtpd nicht
19:29 < SMP> steht auch in der qmail-control manpage ;-]
19:29 < th> grmpf
19:29 < th> da hab ich wohl was verwechselt
19:29 < th> vermutlich mit locals
19:29 < th> da darfs ja nicht rein
19:29 < th> stimmt die virtuals muessen sowohl in rcpt als auch vdomains
19:29 < th> grmpf *headbang*
19:30 < SMP> denk dir Konfigurationsdateien aus wie du sie brauchst und schreib nen Makefile um daraus die wirklichen fuer qmail zu erzeugen ;-)
19:31 < SMP> ich hab regelmaessig irgendwie control/Bladomains und control/Foodomains und dann ein schoenes (immer anderes) Makefile
19:31 -!- Judas [~messias@213.22.190.102] has quit ("Client Exiting")
19:31 < huebi> ll /var/adm/ : adm -> ../adm  For what is this link needed?
20:01 * rxr running parasim
20:08 < huebi> rxr: How long does parasim need?
20:08 < rxr> huebi: don't know - it is still running (...)=
20:08 < rxr> rene@jackson:~/develop/rock/rock-src-1.7-clifford > ./scripts/Create-ParaSim  -x11 -jobs 8
20:08 < rxr> Building parasim in src.parasim.172356568.
20:08 < rxr> Running simulation for 8 parallel jobs ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
20:09 -!- WKaibigan [~Aloicious@acb4c649.ipt.aol.com] has joined #rocklinux
20:15 < rxr> huebi: still runnin
20:16 < rxr> does s.o. know the email address of thalerim ??
20:16 < huebi> rxr: SMP pointed out a few days ago that the variable $MAKE is used by the program make and the Makefiles. If the Makefile, like the Makefile in /usr/src/linux, contains a $(MAKE) then each submake is invoked with e.g -j16 too. That leads to about 600 - 700 processes running at the same time on my box while compiling a kernel. What do you think about using "make &make_opts" instead of "$MAKE" in the .conf files?
20:18 < rxr> jups seems to be ok - but on what name can we agree for $make_opts
20:18 < rxr> makeopt like confopt might match better
20:19 < rxr> huebi: the sim took ~10 minutes
20:19 < huebi> rxr: jo, makeopt is much more in the common way of naming the variables.
20:19 < rxr> I now rerun it for 1,2,4 and 8 jobs ;-)
20:19 < huebi> rxr: ah ok.
20:19 -!- owl [~mail-spam@B55c3.pppool.de] has joined #rocklinux
20:20 < owl> hi
20:20 < rxr> huebi: so we both change it? You in 1.5 and /me in 1.7 ?
20:20 < huebi> rxr: Yes, lets do it. ;-)
20:20 < rxr> huebi: maybe stopping my nice -n 18 dRock build might speed it up ...
20:21 < rxr> hm not really
20:21 < rxr> the forking of thousands of wak processes seems to limit the speed
20:21 < rxr> now my box is 60% idle ....
20:36 < esden> ISL Revision A.00.24 October 7, 1992
20:37 < esden> ISL booting  hpux
20:37 < esden> Booting disc(;0)/hp-ux
20:37 < esden> cool
20:37 < esden> Floating point coprocessor configured and enabled.
20:37 < esden> rofl !!!
20:44 < huebi> rxr: thalerim@freebits.de
20:46 < rxr> huebi: thanks!
20:50 < huebi> esden: I think you never saw a SUN UltraSparc booting in DIAG Mode. AN E10K needs for this POST tests about 6h.
20:51 < esden> hehe ... i can imagine that
20:51 < esden> this box here needs only 5 - 10 minutes
20:51 < esden> with its sweet 33Mhz ;-)
20:51 < huebi> esden: I reboot rock for you ;-)
20:52 < rxr> Simulated build for 1 parallel jobs finished.
20:52 -!- ge0rg is now known as Ge0rG
20:52 < rxr> Simulated build for 2 parallel jobs finished.
20:52 < rxr> ...
20:53 < esden> here some info on the box (warning flood): 
20:53 < esden> BOOT_ADMIN> info
20:53 < esden> ----------------------------- Hardware Configuration ------------------------
20:53 < esden> Machine model: 9000/715
20:53 < esden> Processor Frequency             = 33333500 Hz
20:53 < esden> I/O Subsystem Frequency         = 16666750 Hz
20:53 < esden> SCSI Jumper Frequency setting   = 33333500 Hz
20:53 < esden> LAN Jumper Status: External AUI Port selected
20:53 < esden> Processor Revision                  = 8
20:53 < esden> System Controller Revision          = 0
20:53 < esden> Floating Point Coprocessor Revision = 1
20:53 < esden> Hardware Version            12560     (0x00003110)
20:53 < esden> Software Version             1153     (0x00000481)
20:53 < esden> BOOT_ADMIN>
20:53 < esden> (end of flood)
20:56 -!- uninvited [~uninvited@pD9E50DD5.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("leaving")
20:57 < Ge0rG> the 486 is compiling for about 2h now
20:57 (Users #rocklinux)
20:57 [ [anders]  ] [ coldie] [ Ge0rG] [ praenti] [ SMP    ] [ WKaibigan] 
20:57 [ aszlig    ] [ esden ] [ h0h0 ] [ rolla  ] [ snyke  ] 
20:57 [ blindcoder] [ fake  ] [ huebi] [ rxr    ] [ th     ] 
20:57 [ bluefire  ] [ Freak ] [ owl  ] [ simon- ] [ Vondrix] 
20:57 -!- Irssi: #rocklinux: Total of 21 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 21 normal]
20:58 < esden> Ge0rG: hmm ... that is long yes
20:58 < esden> Ge0rG: I am really interested how long the hp machine needs to compile a kernel
20:59 < huebi> esden: boot started now.
21:00 < esden> huebi: I am interested in about results
21:00 < huebi> esden: I put them online 
21:00 < huebi> Psycho IOMMU CAM NTA Test
21:00 < huebi> hehe
21:01 < huebi> Psycho ist the chipset of the Ultra 30
21:02 < esden> rofl
21:05 < huebi> (still testing, no boot yet...
21:07 -!- Caspar_ [~steven261@m132p015.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has joined #rocklinux
21:07 < huebi> Initializing 1023 megs of memory at addr .....
21:09 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has joined #rocklinux
21:09 < holyolli> re
21:12 < huebi> hi holyolli 
21:12 < holyolli> hi huebi
21:12 < SMP> *burp*
21:12 < holyolli> hi smp
21:12 < esden> re smp
21:12 < esden> re holyolli 
21:12 < holyolli> hi esden
21:12 < esden> holyolli: == 21:18:44 =[4]=> Building base package imagemagick [5.4.7-1 1.5.17_2002-07-08_09h20].
21:13 < holyolli> esden: that's nice :)
21:13 < esden> holyolli: 8 failed packages till now
21:14 < holyolli> root@snoopy:/mnt/stripe/rock-cvs/dist/var/adm/logs# ls 3*err
21:14 < holyolli> 3-apmd.err  3-iproute2.err  3-kdebase.err  3-kdelibs.err  3-qt.err  3-tetex.err
21:14 < holyolli> (@esden)
21:14 < esden> holyolli: 3-alsa.err 3-apmd.err 3-gdm.err 3-iproute2.err 3-kdelibs.err 3-lprng.err 3-qt.err 3-tetex.err
21:14 < huebi> holyolli: qt is needed by kde*
21:14 < holyolli> huebi: ah
21:14 < esden> huebi: ohh you got alsa running ?
21:15 < esden> i mean holyolli 
21:15 < holyolli> esden: jepp
21:15 < esden> holyolli: good to know
21:19 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
21:19 < Mike1> moin
21:19 < huebi> hello Mike1 
21:19 < Mike1> Hi andreas
21:19 < holyolli> hi Mike1
21:20 < Mike1> huebi: do you know how can i close port 587 aka submission?
21:20 < esden> yess my pa-risc workstation is supported by linux !!!
21:20 < Mike1> hi holyolli
21:20 < esden> jump jump
21:20 < Mike1> congratz esden
21:20 < esden> re Mike1 
21:20 < huebi> Mike1: I don't know
21:20 < huebi> esden: Another time hole? 
21:20 < Mike1> Anyone knows how to disable port 587/tcp submission???
21:21 < esden> huebi: yes >_<
21:21 < esden> another rocklinux port is coming ... pa-risc
21:21 < Mike1> huebi: i realized that in the kiss.conf it uncompress a double compressed file: tar.gz.bz2, why??
21:22 < Mike1> esden: excellent!!
21:22 < holyolli> Mike1: vi sendmail.cf and search for 587
21:22 < Mike1> holyolli: ok thanks
21:23 < esden> but first I have to backup the content of the disk that is in the box ... there is a hpux from 1992 ... i must not delete it
21:24 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has quit ("X-Chat: Chester Cheeta uses X-Chat. Ayeuhayueuhayueuh!")
21:25 < Mike1> huebi: i realized that in the kiss.conf it uncompress a double compressed file: tar.gz.bz2, why??
21:26 < huebi> esden: http://rocklinux.dyndns.org/files/SUN_Ultra30_boot.log <- the long log
21:26 < esden> huebi: thanks 
21:28 < huebi> Mike1: kiss-0.21.tar is accidently compressed with gzip and after that gziped again. So kiss-0.21.tar.gz must be uncompressed twice.
21:29 < esden> ahh here is my aui converter
21:29 < huebi> esden: It needs 10 mins to boot and you don't see anything on the screen in that time. Only the serial console shows this stuff.
21:30 < huebi> esden: For HP you need one from HP or from Allied Telesyn. Other won't work.
21:30 < huebi> AUIs I mean
21:30 < Mike1> huebi: mmm i dont like that when it gets downloaded it is changed to kiss-0.21.tar.bz2 so it doesnt get uncompress because the gz is missing so you have rename it by hand
21:32 < huebi> Mike1: The kiss.conf take attention on that. All can still run automated in that way.
21:32 < huebi>         echo "Extracting double-compressed kiss-$ver.tar.bz2 ... "
21:32 < huebi>         bunzip2 < $archdir/kiss-$ver.tar.bz2 | tar -xzf -
21:32 < esden> huebi: argh ... that is *****
21:32 < esden> why ???
21:32 < esden> argh
21:32 < Mike1> huebi: yeah i know but 'ls base-archive/kiss/
21:33 < Mike1> you will get kiss-0.21.tar.bz2 and not kiss-0.21.tar.gz.bz2
21:33 < esden> ahh .. huebi this one is from allied telesis 
21:33 < Mike1> so it wotn work untill it gets renamed to tar.gz.bz2
21:33 < esden> centrecom 210T
21:34 < huebi> esden: Try it, but it "might" not work.
21:34 < huebi> Mike1: it works.  bunzip2 < $archdir/kiss-$ver.tar.bz2 | tar -xzf - <- the z unzips it.
21:35 < esden> huebi: i am trying
21:35 < Mike1> huebi: didnt work for me because it spects to be tar.gz.bz2 and not just tar.bz2
21:36 < huebi> Mike1: Erm.. Did you have a look in cvs. I must have fixed that when it came up yesterday.
21:37 < Mike1> mm possibly :)
21:37 < rxr> http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/files/cluster.eps
21:37 < esden> huebi: I have at least a link
21:37 < rxr> ^- new cluser simluation for the article ...
21:37 < huebi> Mike1: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/base-config/kiss/
21:38 < huebi> rxr: How can I view .eps?
21:38 < Mike1> huebi: ok i think i will have a look at it first :)
21:38 < rxr> huebi: ggv, gv kghostview
21:38 < rxr> ... ...
21:38 < huebi> rxr: thanks
21:40 < Mike1> huebi: nice you fixed the bash.conf issue too :)
21:40 -!- simon-- [~simon@pD9E1D1EA.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
21:41 < Mike1> huebi: but in kiss.conf the uncompress section is the same i have
21:41 < esden> woot ... that is cool
21:41 < esden> I do not need bootp to boot from lan
21:42 < huebi> Mike1: http://www.cvs.rocklinux.de/cvs/viewcvs.cgi/rock-1.5/changelog <- There are all changes every time up to date in there.
21:43 < huebi> esden: Your AUI does work?
21:44 < huebi> rxr: Does it scale in reality as good as shown, too?
21:44 < esden> huebi: I do not know ... I will have to try to boot the box to see if lan works ... the box is saying nothing
21:45 < Mike1> huebi: hehe danke
21:45 < huebi> load average: 7.87, 5.41, 4.72 <- Kdebase did not fail till now....
21:46 < SMP> <0>stefanp@world[~](503)$ awk '$2 == "Accepted"{print $5"/"$3}' /service/sshd.80.65.32.85.22/log/main/current | sort | uniq -c
21:46 < SMP>      72 anoncvs/none
21:46 < SMP>      10 esden/password
21:46 < SMP> hmmm... ;-)
21:46 < SMP>       8 holyolli/password
21:46 < SMP>      60 huebi/publickey
21:47 < rxr> huebi: I do not now - but I think yes ...
21:47 < rxr> most packages do not depend on each other ...
21:47 < huebi> rxr: that would be great.
21:48 < rxr> huebi: the only problem is, that we need a "slow" reference build, to have fast cluster builds ....
21:48 < huebi> slow? - on slow hardware?
21:48 -!- simon--- [~simon@p50875797.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
21:49 < rxr> huebi: the simluation differs from cliffs last screenshost because a) I fixed the "all packages depend on hylafax issue" and b) we have now more packages ...
21:49 < rxr> slow means: one node only box -> no cluster ... 
21:49 < rxr> we first need the dependencies in the .cache files ... 
21:49 < huebi> only one cpu? make -j1?
21:50 < rxr> huebi: no! Maybe a 8-way Xeon box - but NOT a CLUSTER ....
21:51 < huebi> Ahh, ok. Now I understand...
21:51 < huebi> thanks
21:52 < rxr> KDE-3.1_Alpha feature screenshots:
21:52 < rxr> http://static.kdenews.org/mirrors/qwertz/kde31alpha/
21:52 < huebi> rxr: keyecandypagedlg.cpp:100: no matching function for call to `QGridLayout::addWidget (KListView *&, int, int)' <- do you know this error?
21:53 < rxr> huebi: no - which packages ?
21:53 < huebi> kdebase.
21:53 < rxr> huh ? Never got this - which KDE and QT version ?
21:53 < huebi> kde 3.0.2
21:53 -!- simon- [~simon@pD9E1D72D.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Connection timed out)
21:54 < huebi> qt 3.0.4
21:54 < rxr> hm compiles fine here *wonder*
21:54 -!- simon--- is now known as simon-
21:55 < Ge0rG> ...still building kernel...
21:57 < Ge0rG> started around 18:50? *guess*
21:57 < Ge0rG> I should have started it with time !!
21:58 -!- simon-- [~simon@pD9E1D1EA.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Connection timed out)
22:01 < huebi> rxr: I'll have a look at your kde pkgs in 1.7
22:03 < rxr> ok
22:16 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082ABB1.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
22:16 < tsa> moin
22:18 < Mike1> hi tsa
22:18 < esden> rxr: the screenshots look good
22:19 < rxr> tnx
22:25 * SMP goes to bed
22:26 < esden> n8 SMP 
22:26 -!- atomobil [~kokocu@as2-6-1.asp.s.bonet.se] has joined #rocklinux
22:26 < atomobil> Php/PostNuke Hosting starting from $2.45 (Free Php/PostNuke installation and support)Our plans are including Free Php/PostNuke installation and support(you can choose whichever modules/themes/etc you like to have) + PhBB + FullXML + Snitz and other 20 popular CMS´s. Please browse our site for more information. Unlimitedzone Hosting Services http://www.unlimitedzone.net/
22:26 -!- atomobil [~kokocu@as2-6-1.asp.s.bonet.se] has left #rocklinux ()
22:26 < tsa> urgh.
22:27 < SMP> where's the LART...
22:31 < huebi> n8 SMP 
22:31 < esden> guys I havo some images for review for you : http://www.esden.net/rocklinux/garrett0004.png http://www.esden.net/rocklinux/garrett0005.png http://www.esden.net/rocklinux/garrett0006.png
22:32 < tsa> cool.
22:32 < Mike1> esden: nice :)
22:33 < huebi> esden: "rocklinux - the power of source" is my favorite
22:33 < esden> we could put one of them on the rocklinux site
22:34 < esden> I have to change the background to the blue of our page
22:36 < SMP> spammer klined. now I can really go to bed ,>
22:36 < huebi> sleep well SMP ;-)
22:36 -!- chrisime [~chrisime@p50803D25.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
22:36 < Mike1> n8 SMP
22:36 < Mike1> hi chrisime
22:37 < chrisime> jo!
22:37 < huebi> moin chrisime 
22:37 < esden> hi chrisime 
22:39 < chrisime> joojo
22:39 < chrisime> mein asm is total goil jetzt
22:39 -!- Ge0rG is now known as ge0rg
22:40 < chrisime> ich habs total runtergstrippt
22:40 < chrisime> 10 zeilen redundanter code raus
22:40 < chrisime> nun rockts
22:40 < huebi> chrisime: I have a problem with the newest version of gnome. It does not support Xinerama though sawfish does.
22:40 < chrisime> yeah
22:40 < chrisime> that's gtk+' fault
22:40 < chrisime> gtk2.2 supports xinerama
22:40 < chrisime> which is gtk+ head in CVS
22:40 < chrisime> gnome2.2 will fully support xinerama
22:41 < chrisime> sun's gnome version already supports it
22:41 < chrisime> xinerama is multihead? right?
22:41 < esden> ok ... color corrected: http://www.esden.net/rocklinux/garrett0007.png
22:42 < huebi> chrisime: Where do i find out the version of gnome? Gnome about sucks!
22:42 < Mike1> esden: looks great
22:42 < esden> Mike1: thanks
22:42 < chrisime> huebi: aaah this is really annoying
22:43 < chrisime> you cannot find that out
22:43 < chrisime> gnome2 consists of a bunch of packages
22:43 < huebi> chrisime: ooops? ;-))
22:43 < chrisime> gnome-panel 2.0.1
22:43 < chrisime> gnome-desktop 2.0.2
22:43 < chrisime> gnome 2.0.1 will have the same issue
22:43 < chrisime> you have to live with it :(
22:43 < huebi> chrisime: ok
22:46 < chrisime> huebi: sorry dude
22:46 < chrisime> blame the gnome developer
22:47 < chrisime> gnome-about should have those information
22:57 < huebi> chrisime: http://rocklinux.dyndns.org/files/xinerama.jpeg <- there are also the versions used in ROCK Linux 1.5.13 listed.
22:58 < chrisime> sec
22:59 < esden> ohh god ... 2 hours to build the kernel ... >_<
23:01 < chrisime> huebi: kde3.1 is ja immer noch so haesslich ;-)
23:01 < huebi> chrisime: I have updated Gnome 1.4.x to the newest versions. Now Gnome, not sawfish, can no xinerama anymore. If I start only sawfish (1.1-gtk1) it works.
23:01 < chrisime> esden: arme sau
23:01 < chrisime> sawfish1.1 is dev
23:02 < chrisime> i was surprised that it'll be further developed
23:02 < huebi> mit 1.0.1 gings garnicht
23:02 < esden> chrisime: gib mir eine schnellere alpha ... bitte ;-)
23:04 < chrisime> hehe
23:04 -!- Vondrix [~vondrix@212-100-182-2.adsl.easynet.be] has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
23:04 < chrisime> huebi: das ein grund warum ich sawfish nimmer verwende
23:04 < chrisime> momentan
23:04 < chrisime> und in 6 monaten wird der sowieso komplett rausfliegen
23:05 -!- Vondrix [~vondrix@212-100-182-9.adsl.easynet.be] has joined #rocklinux
23:06 < huebi> chrisime: HMM. HAST DU EINE iDEE, WIE ICH XINERAMA WIEDER ZUM lAUFEN BEKOMME?
23:06 < chrisime> huebi: der fehler von gnome-panel oben rechts is wohl auf die fehlende xinerama unertstuetzung zurueckzufuehren
23:06 < rxr> huebi: dein gnome-terminal auf dem shot sifft aber auch maechtig!
23:09 < huebi> erm.. Das ist Xinerama mit Gnome. Nur auf dem rechten Drittel funktioniert der Screenshot nicht richtig.
23:10 < chrisime> huebi: ja, kannst ja mal gnome mit gtk head compilieren
23:10 < chrisime> dann geht multihead
23:10 < huebi> nur der Fehler von gnome-panel oben rechts ist sonst auch da
23:11 < huebi> root@zeus:~# pkg-list |grep gtk  
23:11 < huebi> gtk+ 1.2.10 1.5.13_2002-03-17_00h24
23:11 < huebi> gtk-engines 0.12 1.5.13_2002-03-17_00h24
23:11 < huebi> gtk-perl 0.7008 1.5.13_2002-03-17_00h24
23:11 < huebi> rep-gtk 0.15 1.5.13_2002-03-17_00h24
23:11 < huebi> sawfish 1.1-gtk1 1.5.17
23:11 < chrisime> ach
23:11 < huebi> das ist sonst noch installiert...
23:11 < chrisime> du hast gnome1.x
23:11 < chrisime> ich dachte 2
23:12 < chrisime> also! gnome1.x mit multihead,das kannst knicken
23:12 < chrisime> ich hatte au mal 2 screens
23:12 < chrisime> aufm zweiten geht der sshot net
23:12 < huebi> Hier sind's 3 ;-)
23:12 < huebi> das ist der 3.
23:12 < esden> boa ist 1.7 broken
23:12 < esden> oder liegt es an mir ?
23:12 < chrisime> huebi: deswegen
23:12 < esden> ich glaube aber nicht
23:14 < huebi> chrisime: Also kann 1.4.x offiziell gar kein Xinerama?
23:15 < chrisime> nein
23:17 < chrisime> huebi: gnome2.2 wird vollstaendig xinerama supp.
23:17 < chrisime> liegt ja primaer an gtk
23:18 < huebi> chrisime: Ah, gut. Dann bin ich ja viel weiter gekommen als moeglich ist *g*
23:18 < chrisime> ja
23:18 < chrisime> allerdings
23:19 < chrisime> gtk1 unertstuetzt xinerama nicht
23:19 < huebi> gtk+-1.2.10 ist hier installiert.
23:19 < chrisime> es kommt evtl. noch ein 1.2.11
23:19 < chrisime> aber kein xinerama dafuer
23:20 < huebi> Mich wundert jetzt nur, warum hier ueberhaupt etwas funktioniert...
23:22 < chrisime> hehe
23:22 (Users #rocklinux)
23:22 [ [anders]  ] [ chrisime] [ ge0rg] [ praenti] [ snyke    ] 
23:22 [ aszlig    ] [ coldie  ] [ h0h0 ] [ rolla  ] [ th       ] 
23:22 [ blindcoder] [ esden   ] [ huebi] [ rxr    ] [ tsa      ] 
23:22 [ bluefire  ] [ fake    ] [ Mike1] [ simon- ] [ Vondrix  ] 
23:22 [ Caspar_   ] [ Freak   ] [ owl  ] [ SMP    ] [ WKaibigan] 
23:22 -!- Irssi: #rocklinux: Total of 25 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 25 normal]
23:25 < huebi> chrisime: Gnome2 braucht doch gcc3.1 IIRC?
23:27 < esden> ja garnome zumindest @ huebi 
23:28 < huebi> esden: hmm. schlecht. gcc3.1 wollte ich nicht mehr einbauen. Das ist definitiv was fuer 1.7.
23:30 < esden> ja dass stimmt
23:30 < esden> lasse es mit den neuen sachen in 1.5 
23:31 < esden> vielleicht noch wenige sachen
23:31 < huebi> esden: ACK.
23:31 < esden> aber wir sollten echt langsam eine stable rausbringen ... und nicht noch tonnen von sachen reinbauen
23:31 < esden> wann willst du einen feature freeze machen ?
23:32 < huebi> Wenn alle features fuer alpha und sparc(64) drin sind.
23:33 < esden> ok
23:33 < esden> dass sollte nicht mehr lange bei alpha dauern
23:33 < esden> wie sieht es eigentlich mit ppc aus?
23:33 < huebi> Glaube ich auch.
23:33 < esden> wer hat einen ppc
23:34 < esden> und wer arbeitet an dem port ?
23:34 < huebi> esden: Ich habe keinen PPC. ;(
23:34 < esden> ich hoere nichts darueber
23:34 < esden> scheisse 
23:34 < esden> dass ist die nach intel meist verbreitete architektur und keiner hat es von uns 
23:34 < esden> echt toll
23:35 < huebi> ripclaw hat einen...
23:38 < esden> huebi: ja ... schoen fuer ihn ... aber der hat eindeutig gesagt dass der nich um den port nicht kuemmern wird ...
23:41 < huebi> Jo, er muss sich jetzt erst einmal um seine Fa kuemmern...
23:42 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@pD9590703.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
23:43 -!- chrisime [~chrisime@p50803D25.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Connection timed out)
23:43 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@pD9590703.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Client Quit)
23:43 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@pD9590703.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
23:47 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@pD9590703.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Client Quit)
23:47 -!- chrisime [~chrisime@pD9590703.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
23:47 < esden> huebi: ich hoffe der kriegt die firma auf die beine ich hoffe naemlich dass ich da bei ihm bissel was machen kann
23:48 < huebi> ;-)
23:48 < chrisime> hmm
23:48 * chrisime hat ne loesung die shl/shr sachen zu umgehen
23:48 < chrisime> wofuer gibts nen stack ;-)
23:54 < chrisime> rxr: da?
23:55 < chrisime> inc     eax
23:55 < chrisime>         mov     [ecx],eax
23:55 < chrisime>         dec     eax <--das haesslich, ich brauch den eax wie vorher, aber nochmal will ich den aufm stack
23:55 < rxr> mom
23:55 < rxr> phone
23:56 < chrisime> sicha
23:56 * chrisime wuerd gern mov [ecx],eax+1 machen aber der scheiss x86 schnallt das net *heul*
23:56 * chrisime will VAX!
23:57 -!- Caspar_ [~steven261@m132p015.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
23:58 < esden> chrisime: wir haben eine im verein rumstehen ;-)
23:59 < esden> ich muss die mal zum laufen bringen
--- Log closed Fri Jul 12 00:00:44 2002