--- Log opened Tue Aug 13 00:00:11 2002
--- Day changed Tue Aug 13 2002
00:00 * [anders] is waiting for mozilla to build.. (taking ages.. just as bloody slow as qt...)
00:01 < tsa> hehe..
00:01 < tsa> librep done.
00:02 < tsa> sawfish in progress.
00:04 < tsa> sawfsh done.
00:04 < [anders]> tsa: good luck. :)
00:04 < tsa> GRMPF.
00:05 < tsa> nope.
00:05 < tsa> same problem
00:05 < [anders]> hmm. must be a shared library linked against libgmp.. Let me check..
00:06 < tsa> brb
00:06 -!- tsa [~uucp@attila.hrz.uni-bielefeld.de] has quit ("Leaving")
00:06 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9525AB6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
00:06 < tsa> aaah.
00:06 < tsa> praise to the inventors of twm.
00:07 < tsa> hm....this is nice.
00:07 < tsa> and it's fast, too.
00:07 < tsa> the gnome stuff:
00:07 < tsa> randraw.c:118: GNU MP assertion failed: ((mp_limb_t) 1 << m2exp) > c
00:07 < tsa> rep: received fatal signal: Aborted
00:07 < tsa> struct debug_buf common:
00:07 < tsa> Backtrace in `fatal_signal_handler':
00:07 < tsa>         <(null)+1076904472>
00:07 < tsa>         <abort+215>
00:07 < tsa>         <(null)+1074592095>
00:07 < tsa>         <__gmp_rand+285>
00:07 < tsa>         <__gmpz_urandomm+207>
00:07 < tsa>         <(null)+1074067602>
00:07 < tsa>         <Frandom+160>
00:07 < tsa>         <(null)+1074026709>
00:07 < tsa> Lisp backtrace:
00:07 < tsa> #4   random ...
00:07 < tsa> #3   sp-prune-points ...
00:08 < tsa> #2   sp-make-grid ...
00:08 < [anders]> hmm.. librep.so seems to be a share library linked against gmp
00:08 < tsa> #1   sp-do-placement ...
00:08 < tsa> #0   place-window (#<window 1000007>)
00:08 < tsa> seems to be a rep problem.
00:08 < [anders]> tsa: did you do an ldconfig after you rebuilt librep ?
00:08 < tsa> [anders]: yes, sure.
00:08 < tsa> even removed ld.so.cache.
00:09 < [anders]> the only thing I can think of is that librep.so was held open in memory by something and you got the old librep and not the new one..
00:09 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has quit ("X-Chat: 1998: year of the X-Chat")
00:09 < tsa> [anders]: hm... i even rebooted in the meanwhile...
00:09 < tsa> ;)
00:10 < [anders]> tsa: not that then.. :)
00:10 < tsa> hehe
00:10 < tsa> hm..
00:10 < tsa> twm is pretty fast.
00:10 < tsa> is it possible to have multiple desktops with twm?
00:11 < [anders]> tsa: you will probably have to use fvwm for that..
00:11 < tsa> hm....
00:11 < Mike1> cu all
00:11 < tsa> i donÄt like fwvm
00:11 < tsa> cu Mike1
00:11 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has left #rocklinux ("Client Exiting")
00:11 < [anders]> tsa: try ctwm then..
00:12 < [anders]> tsa: or WindowMaker.. WindowMaker is quite nice and will interact nicely with Gnome as well if you want to carry on using that..
00:12 < tsa> hm..
00:12 < tsa> tried windowmaker a while ago.
00:12 < tsa> don't like it, too.
00:12 < [anders]> try ctwm then..
00:13 < [anders]> I used to use ctwm back at uni.. nice windowmanager, very customisable, does handle multiple desktops as well..
00:16 < [anders]> ah well.. time for bed.. I am off, take care alles.. Cya tomorrow..
00:16 < theogenis> gn8
00:16 < theogenis> schlaf gut
00:19 < theogenis> PING?
00:20 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@paradome.de] has quit ("Lost terminal")
00:23 < term_aweh> n8 leute
00:23 -!- term_aweh [~pm@pD958BABE.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("zz")
00:30 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9525AB6.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
00:32 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9525AB6.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
00:32 < tsa> hm..
00:32 < tsa> gnome-panel and twm
00:33 < theogenis> *grinz*
00:34 < tsa> rep is segfaulting.
00:34 < theogenis> ich hab grad ratpoison installiert
00:40 < h0h0> tsa: you still here?
00:40 < tsa> sure
00:41 < h0h0> I got one question still about that Iron-II oxide vs Iron-III oxide
00:41 < h0h0> is 'slag' another word for Iron-III oxide?
00:41 < tsa> uhm..
00:41 < tsa> no idea.
00:41 < h0h0> heh
00:41 < h0h0> ok
00:42 < tsa> http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/688/0/8878630/
00:42 < tsa> aah.
00:42 < tsa> here's my problem.
00:47 < fake> huebi: *ping*
00:48 < tsa> hm..
00:48 < tsa> huebi: update: librep 0.16.1
00:48 < tsa> (fyi)
00:48 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1C407.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
00:49 < tsa> hi bluefire
00:49 < fake> war huebi schon da?
00:49 < th> jo
00:49 < tsa> jo. vorhin.
00:49 < bluefire> hi tsa
00:49 < fake> guuut das.
00:49 < tsa> ?
00:50 < fake> wegen brumm brumm und alles in ordnung
00:51 < tsa> NARF.
00:51 < tsa> user> (random 1)
00:51 < tsa> randraw.c:118: GNU MP assertion failed: ((mp_limb_t) 1 << m2exp) > c
00:51 < tsa> rep: received fatal signal: Aborted
00:51 < tsa> scheiss lisp-kram
00:53 < tsa> nun denn. dann eben gmp downgrade und den ganzen scheiss nochmal neu compilen.
00:56 < fake> lisp saugt
00:57 < tsa> jo.
00:57 < tsa> naja, zumindest offebar known bug.
00:57 < tsa> gmp 4.1 mag rep nicht.
00:57 < tsa> oder anders rum
01:00 < fake> voellisch egal
01:01 < fake> gcc kann isch immernoch nicht selber compilen
01:02 < fake> sich
01:02 < fake> s,gcc,gcc3,
01:03 < fake> man ich sollte irgendwas anderes machen
01:05 < theogenis> mh
01:06 < theogenis> komisch ich kann keine zeichen erzeugen bei denen alt-gr gedr@ckt sein muss
01:06 < theogenis> (in X)
01:06 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-2-271.tin.it] has joined #rocklinux
01:07 < theogenis> Section InputDevice
01:08 < theogenis> bei keyboard:
01:08 < theogenis>     Option "XkbRules"   "xfree86"
01:08 < theogenis>      Option "XkbModel"   "pc105"
01:08 < theogenis>      Option "XkbLayout"  "de"
01:08 < theogenis> Was habt ihr da?
01:08 < fake> nodeadkeys weiter unten
01:08 < fake> bei irgendner anderen option die da is
01:08 < fake> mom
01:08 < tsa>     Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
01:09 < fake>             Option "XkbVariant" ""
01:09 < fake> iehk. yes.
01:09 < fake> tsa: :P
01:09 < theogenis> fake: hab ich auch
01:09 < theogenis> ...
01:09 < tsa> fake: :-PPP
01:09 < theogenis> es geht mehr ums model denk ich mal
01:10 < tsa>     Option "XkbModel"   "pc104"
01:10 < fake> pc105 passt schon
01:10 < theogenis> ja denk ich eben auch ... *nachdenk*
01:10 < theogenis> woran zum teufel
01:10 < tsa> ich geh penne,
01:10 < tsa> n
01:11 < tsa> nacht.
01:11 < fake> n8 tsa!
01:11 < theogenis> gn8
01:11 < tsa> cu *
01:11 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9525AB6.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
01:11 * fake geht yocken
01:11 < fake> zocken
01:14 < theogenis> ARRRGS
01:14 < theogenis> ./scripts/Download -package X-chat -> 404
01:14 < theogenis> no wonder
01:15 < theogenis> 1.8.4 ... erm "a bit" out of datem 1.8.10 was already released
01:24 -!- theogenis [~tobrit@pD9E49735.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("ircII EPIC4-1.0.1 -- Are we there yet?")
01:26 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-2-271.tin.it] has quit ("g'night")
01:52 -!- rxr_ [~rene@port-212-202-168-120.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
02:03 < esden> hi all
02:07 < esden> ok ... the lego mindstorms network code uploaded ... now I go to bed ... night boy's and girls ;-)
02:08 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-170-213.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
02:21 -!- Mike1 [~mike@mail.costarica.net] has joined #rocklinux
02:21 < Mike1> re
02:22 < Mike1> d3mian wie geht es ihnene mein freund?
02:27 < Freak> re
02:27 < Freak> I have another breezer-bottle to open
02:27 < Freak> no, this one was easy
02:32 -!- Mike1 [~mike@mail.costarica.net] has quit ("Read error: 2.99792458 x 10^8 meters/second (Excessive speed of light)")
02:33 < fake> and i have a another weizen and am pretty stinky
02:36 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1C407.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:36 -!- uniplex [~zip@ip68-99-105-125.hr.hr.cox.net] has quit ("No windows for this server")
02:59 -!- rxr [~rene@212.202.169.163] has joined #rocklinux
03:02 -!- rxr_ [~rene@port-212-202-168-120.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
03:53 < Freak> geht außer mir noch jemand nach draußen, um sich die Leoniden anzuschauen?
03:53 * Ge0rG wohnt in der stadt - da sieht man nix...
03:53 < Ge0rG> und ohne auto kommt man auch nicht weg
03:54 < Freak> ich wohn auch in der stadt, als ich vor ca. 2h heim kam, hab ich schon eine gesehen
03:54 < Freak> naja okay ich wohne _etwas_ außerhalb und die stadt is auch nur ne kleine großstadt
03:54 < Freak> naja jedenfalls zieh ich mich mal an..
03:54 < Ge0rG> wir haben 240k einwohner oder so
03:55 * Ge0rG kuckt ma aufn balkon
03:55 < Freak> wir haben 113k
03:55 < Freak> glaubich
03:59 < Freak> scheisse mittlerweile hat sich der himmel total zugezogen :(
04:00 < Ge0rG> hier sieht man auch nix
04:27 -!- Freak [freak@p50839260.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client excited")
04:30 -!- Freak [freak@p50839260.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
04:41 -!- kaerF [freak@p50839616.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
04:42 -!- Freak [freak@p50839260.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Killed (NickServ (Ghost: kaerF!freak@p50839616.dip.t-dialin.net)))
04:42 -!- kaerF is now known as Freak
05:19 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has quit ("Irssi - the client of smart and beautiful people")
08:07 -!- NaTys [~nando@cii.udea.edu.co] has joined #rocklinux
08:23 -!- NaTys [~nando@cii.udea.edu.co] has quit ("Saludos anadie")
08:39 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-5a50.tin.it] has joined #rocklinux
08:58 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@pD9E1C031.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
09:11 -!- tsa [~tsa@sec-01.bi.devcon.net] has joined #rocklinux
09:11 < tsa> moin
09:13 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-5a50.tin.it] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
09:41 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-2-149.tin.it] has joined #rocklinux
10:10 < [anders]> bah.. sawfish, bonobo and galeon refuse to build..
10:10 < tsa> error?
10:11 < [anders]> tsa: bonobo wants gnome-libs from Gnome 1.4.. and I am reluctant to start pulling all that crud back in..
10:12 < [anders]> sawfish can't find gdkconfig.h which is in the include path and that really pisses me off..
10:12 < plfiorini> hey [anders]
10:12 < [anders]> and galeon wants gnome-libs as well I think... So I might have to pull gnome-libs in, but it is not willingly..
10:12 < [anders]> moin plfiorini
10:13 < plfiorini> god i need evo2...
10:13 < tsa> hehe
10:13 < plfiorini> i will use only gnome2, so i'll use mozilla-mail 1.1
10:13 < [anders]> I'll be adding in Evolution to the packages, as gnome-pim was kicked out.. :)
10:13 < plfiorini> it's good
10:14 < [anders]> and I know Evolution require bonobo so gnome-libs will be more or less required..
10:14 < plfiorini> but i hope ximian will release evo2 beta soon
10:14 < [anders]> *sigh* Back to the drawingboard.. :)
10:14 < plfiorini> [anders]: it requires also glib, gtk ;)
10:14 < [anders]> plfiorini: got thos already..
10:14 < plfiorini> gnome dependencies are pain
10:15 < plfiorini> yeah
10:15 < plfiorini> hrm
10:15 < plfiorini> the priority field seem to be changed from 1.5 to 1.7
10:15 < [anders]> Ah well.. I'll add gnome-libs back in and I hope to get bonobo building as well then..
10:16 < plfiorini> gnome (stable releases) should build good
10:16 < plfiorini> i usually build w/o errors
10:16 < plfiorini> both gnome1 and gnome2
10:16 * plfiorini build gnome2 since beta3 w/o errors
10:18 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD904856B.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
10:22 < plfiorini> uh there's a spider in front of my monitor
10:22 * plfiorini splat!
10:33 < [anders]> right.. imlib needs to be built after gtk+.. and only then will gnome-libs build correctly..
10:34 < [anders]> *sigh* I hate these dependencies..
10:35 < plfiorini> yes
10:35 < plfiorini> kde3 has less dependencies
10:55 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has joined #rocklinux
10:55 < holyolli> moin
10:58 -!- plfiorini is now known as plfiorini|a
11:01 < [anders]> moin holyolli....
11:01 < holyolli> hi anders
11:01 * [anders] is still struggling with that damned gnome-libs package that doesn't want to build properly..
11:02 < [anders]> wahey!! it's creating the tar.bz2!!! :)
11:02 * [anders] dances a merry jig..
11:03 < [anders]> but then bonobo requires gnome-print... *SIGH*
11:14 -!- rolla [~Der@134.244.180.173] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:17 < [anders]> wow.. gnome-print built without complaining and bonobo now seems to be compiling as well...
11:17 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD904856B.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
11:24 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD90485EA.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
11:33 -!- term_emu [~pm@p5081937F.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
11:48 -!- tomik [~tomik@212.11.125.147] has quit ("Changing server")
11:49 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has quit ("X-Chat: its not for the tabkey impaired!")
11:53 -!- rolla [~Der@stlmaisenhel.ugs.com] has joined #rocklinux
11:58 -!- freed [~pussy@62.8.144.75] has joined #rocklinux
11:58 -!- plfiorini|a [~plfiorini@r-bo043-2-149.tin.it] has quit ("Non abbandonate i cani!")
11:59 < freed> hi all
12:03 -!- capchaos [~capchaos@pD90485EA.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
12:18 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-2-149.tin.it] has joined #rocklinux
12:38 < [anders]> grrrr.. /me is starting to hate gnome 1.4 with a vengeance.. I will have to re-order the build-order yet again because of gnome 1.4
12:43 -!- zer0_o^ [~zer0_o@217.14.64.20] has joined #rocklinux
13:06 < plfiorini> scrollkeepr is update, i have the .pz file...
13:06 < plfiorini> btw i'll try to use garnome's patches
13:09 -!- plfiorini is now known as plfiorini|a
13:13 -!- theogenis [~tobrit@pD9E498BF.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:14 < theogenis> moin all
13:20 < [anders]> moin theogenis
13:27 < theogenis> I wonder ... in X I cannot use the alt-gr key, i.e. it does not do anything ... so i can't write e.g. the Pipe-Symbol or the backslash etc. - I use XkbLayout "de" ...
13:27 < theogenis> xfree86 complains the following:
13:28 < theogenis> (mom)
13:28 < theogenis> > Error:            No Symbols named "1@1@" in the include file "de"
13:28 < theogenis> >                   Exiting
13:28 < theogenis> >                   Abandoning symbols file "default"
13:29 < theogenis> unfortunately i cannot find this keymap ... :-/
13:31 < theogenis> ./usr/X11R6/lib/X11/symbols/de exists ... but dunno if it's the right file
13:32 < theogenis> actually it must be the right file ... but there is no patter 1-at-1-at- hm
13:37 -!- uniplex [~zip@ip68-99-105-125.hr.hr.cox.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:37 < theogenis> am going to try it with the US layout ... kill -HUP
13:37 < theogenis> brb
13:37 -!- theogenis [~tobrit@pD9E498BF.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("ircII EPIC4-1.0.1 -- Are we there yet?")
13:38 -!- Ge0rG [georg@op-co.de] has joined #rocklinux
13:41 -!- theogenis [~tobrit@pD9E498BF.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:45 < theogenis> *???*
13:46 < theogenis> although I write in the config file to use the US Layout, it stills try to look up the de one ... what the heck is going on
13:54 -!- theogenis [~tobrit@pD9E498BF.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("ircII EPIC4-1.0.1 -- Are we there yet?")
14:06 < tsa> re.
14:08 -!- plfiorini|a is now known as plfiorini
14:33 < tsa> hm...
14:51 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A7D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #rocklinux
14:59 < freed> liesst jemand die datenschleuder?
15:03 < rolla> re all
15:08 * Ge0rG hat die aktuelle ausgabe der datenschleuder nicht :(
15:10 < freed> schade georg
15:10 * Ge0rG muss ma den ccc-antrag ausfüllen und wegfaxen.
15:11 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has joined #rocklinux
15:12 < holyolli> re
15:12 < rolla> [anders]: you still having trouble getting Gnome 1.4 and 2.0 to play well togather ?
15:13 < tsa> huhu holyolli
15:13 < holyolli> tach tsa.
15:15 < rolla> Anyone have a good guess as to how much disk space the 1.7 build takes when it is all done ?
15:15 -!- clifford [~clifford@M096P005.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has joined #rocklinux
15:15 < holyolli> hi clifford
15:15 < clifford> hi!
15:20 < tsa> hi clifford
15:20 < clifford> hi all. rxr: are you listening or just a ghost?
15:21 < freed> i mean rxr is in hollyday
15:22 < freed> hi clifford
15:24 < clifford> today he sent a mail that he isn't anymore ..
15:25 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@paradome.de] has joined #rocklinux
15:31 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
15:31 < Mike1> moin
15:32 < clifford> moin.
15:32 < rolla> re Mike1
15:32 < SMP> ah. hi all
15:32 < Mike1> clifford: nice to see you here, how are things over there? rain stop?
15:32 < Mike1> hi SMP :)
15:32 < Mike1> rolla: any progress on gnome@?
15:32 < Mike1> 2*
15:33 < clifford> Mike1: no. still raining.
15:33 < clifford> Mike1: also had 3 power downtimes in the last 24 hours.
15:33 < clifford> SMP: Hi! Hoffe du bist gut zu Hause angekommen.
15:33 < rolla> Mike1: I have stopped that project to wait for you guys :)
15:34 < Mike1> clifford: damn, that doesn't sound good at all, your area to afected?
15:34 -!- Ge0rG is now known as ge0rg
15:34 < SMP> clifford: Danke, ja. nach ein wenig Rallye mit Iris ;)
15:34 < Mike1> rolla: excellent!, i was so incredibly busy yesterday and could get to work on the cvs server i think i will be able to start working on it in a few minutes
15:35 < clifford> not really. we just had a few power downtimes and stuff like that here ..
15:35 < clifford> but only 10 km away from here is a small village compleatly under water.
15:35 < Mike1> clifford: good, i was a little concerned about all that
15:35 < rolla> Mike1: cool . I think I need to rebuild my build-server so it has more disk space in the build area :(
15:35 < Mike1> clifford: damn
15:35 < clifford> SMP: ja - hab' ich gehoert ..
15:36 < tsa> clifford: did you already read my mail regarding cyrus-sasl for 1.7.0?
15:36 < SMP> waaah
15:36 < SMP> cyrus-sasl is soo evil
15:37 < clifford> SMP: I didn't apply that patch.
15:37 < tsa> SMP: hehe.
15:37 < clifford> tsa: the one which adds the package to base? no.  :-)
15:37 < tsa> clifford: yes.
15:37 < tsa> ;)
15:37 < tsa> SMP: any other sasl recommendation?
15:37 < tsa> (sasl1)
15:38 < SMP> there are no other free sasl implementations AFAIK
15:38 < tsa> ;-)
15:40 < tsa> i've thought about an option to compile sendmail with sasl support..
15:40 < Mike1> [anders]: awake?
15:40 < tsa> shouldn't be that difficult..
15:48 * plfiorini is away: Matrix has find plfiorini and holds him
15:50 < [anders]> Mike1: yup..
15:50 < Mike1> :)
15:50 < Mike1> how are you [anders]?
15:51 < [anders]> Right.. wanna see a hack? (to get old-libglade building...)
15:51 < [anders]> Mike1: agitated.. :)
15:51 < [anders]> Mike1: you?
15:51 < Mike1> hehe
15:51 < Mike1> [anders]: i am ok, playing around with postgresql
15:52 < [anders]> Mike1: Well, not much left to get working now..
15:52 < [anders]> only sawfish and gtop
15:53 < Mike1> [anders]: those are exellent news
15:53 < Mike1> i have the time today so lets do it :)
15:53 < [anders]> Mike1: so you would like me to update the rsync tree then with my most recent hacks.. :)
15:54 < Mike1> yes please
15:54 * plfiorini is back (gone 00:05:51)
15:54 < Mike1> rolla: wanna have a copy of the tree?
15:56 * clifford likes the 1.7 build system ansi color output..
15:57 < rolla> sure
15:57 * Mike1 <AOL> Likes it too </AOL>
15:57 < Mike1> ok rolla mom
15:57 < clifford> oups! I've remove mozilla ....
15:58 * clifford is testing the Update-system script for updating gnome on his system.
16:01 < clifford> SMP: http://www.rocklinux.org/sources/package/base/net-tools/network.conf
16:01 < clifford> is that ok with you?
16:02 < uniplex> heh
16:02 < uniplex> woops sorry
16:03 < tsa> clifford: hm..
16:03 < tsa> librep doesn't like gmp 4.1
16:03 < tsa> (makes rep segfault in some situations, fotr example with sawfish)
16:04 < tsa> -t
16:04 < SMP> clifford: I thought about that today. I fear that people will come and shout at us because, not knowing what iproute2 is for, they didn't install it and now "it don't woooork"
16:05 < SMP> clifford: but I'm fine with it otherwise
16:06 < clifford> hmmm...
16:07 < clifford> iproute2 is the standard linux 2.4 network config tool.
16:07 < SMP> also, if etc/conf/network does not use ifconfig, why is it in the net-tools package? ;)
16:07 < [anders]> Mike1: go for it. the update is all there..
16:08 < Mike1> [anders]: ok thanks
16:08 < clifford> That's a good question - it should go to iproute2.
16:08 < [anders]> is the color build an option?
16:09 < SMP> clifford: why don't we just 'ip addr flush $IF' in stop_net()?
16:09 < clifford> anders: sure. I'ts the first plugable output module.
16:09 < [anders]> clifford: excellent.. :0
16:09 < [anders]> :-) even..
16:09 < clifford> hmm.. that way we would also remove adresses, etc added by other scripts.
16:09 < tsa> cu all.
16:09 -!- tsa [~tsa@sec-01.bi.devcon.net] has quit ("wech.")
16:10 < clifford> anders: e.g. esden will write a output plugin which can print the status of a build to an LCD panel.
16:11 < clifford> SMP: does 'addr flush' also remove the default route?
16:12 < SMP> clifford: well $IF will be down anyway and any addresses left on it will not work. in practice, nobody needs a particularly cleanly shut down network IMHO.
16:12 < SMP> clifford: no, we need to 'ip route del default ; ip addr flush dev $IF ; ip link set $IF down'
16:13 < clifford> SMP: ack. also will the current code cause problems if someone simply changes the ip adress and types '/sbin/init.d/network restart'
16:14 < [anders]> Right.. sawfish is the only things that doesn't build in 1.5.18-Gnome2 (of the gnome2 packages..)
16:14 < SMP> yes, I though about that briefly, but I concluded that I don't use "restart", but just apply all changes manually :)
16:14 < [anders]> Mike1: you want me to add MetaCity and MetaCity-setup to the packages? At least there'll be a working windowmanager there..
16:15 < Mike1> mmm.... ok, but lets be carefull with the space
16:15 < clifford> SMP: script fixed. btw: I'm using restart because that way I also test if the init script works.
16:16 < [anders]> we could always remove sawfish.. (never really liked sawfish anyway..)
16:16 < SMP> clifford: yeah and because if it doesn't you'll be locked out :>
16:16 < Mike1> [anders]: true but i dont know what will thers think about it
16:16 < SMP> or well, you might
16:17 < huebi> Moin.
16:17 < rolla> [anders] : I have growen to like sawfish :)
16:17 < clifford> yes. but better at least I know it. If the host just disapares three days later I have no clue what's going on and might need to drive into the office in the middle of the night ..
16:18 < [anders]> vote: sawfish (which doesn't build) or metacity (which is nicer and has a chance of actually building) ?
16:18 < [anders]> rolla: you get to fix it then.. ;-)
16:18 < rolla> sure why not ;)
16:18 < [anders]> moin huebi
16:18 < huebi> hi [anders]
16:19 < huebi> Mike1: When do you add eject to the cvs?
16:19 < Mike1> huebi: i am working on that right now
16:19 * huebi finished backlog of today.
16:19 < Mike1> just give me an hour or so
16:19 < huebi> Mike1: kool.
16:19 < Mike1> huebi: BTE hi how are you?
16:19 < Mike1> BTW
16:19 < [anders]> huebi: 98% of Gnome2 working now.. Only sawfish doesn't build..
16:20 < Mike1> huebi: do we really want sawfish?
16:20 * [anders] still needs to run a clean stage3 build..
16:20 < huebi> [anders]: very nice.
16:20 * Mike1 is running a clean build
16:20 * [anders] will let Mike1 fight with the build breaks then.. ;-)
16:21 < [anders]> There might be other things we want to add.. (I still have Evolution to get working..)
16:21 < Mike1> huebi: looks like after all we will have gnonme2, but all the credits are belong to [anders] he has made a lot of work
16:21 * Mike1 will let [anders] take care of gnome :))
16:22 * [anders] shudders.. Gnome 1.4 dependencies are evil..
16:23 < plfiorini> [anders]: oh, is your tree already available for others?
16:26 < esden> hi all
16:26 < holyolli> hi esden
16:26 < esden> ahh is that nice to be back online !
16:26 < Mike1> hi esden
16:26 < clifford> hi esden. How is your RCX stuff doing?
16:26 < Mike1> its nice to see you back online
16:27 < Mike1> plfiorini: one moment please
16:27 < esden> my code is working really sweet ... the only problem was/is that others were not able to write working code that used it ...
16:27 < plfiorini> esden: what are you doing? init stuff?
16:28 < esden> I wrote my part ready last night ... and got l33t 3 hours of sleep ;-)
16:28 < plfiorini> esden: good, i have 2 ideas...
16:28 < esden> plfiorini: init stuff ??? o_O
16:29 < plfiorini> esden: yes
16:29 < [anders]> plfiorini: I can tar it up and send it you in an e-mail. I have not run it, I just build it.. ;-)
16:29 < plfiorini> [anders]: ok, send if it isn't a problem
16:29 < plfiorini> esden: 1st) #!/bin/ash instead of #!/bin/bash
16:29 < plfiorini> esden: 2nd) i18n
16:30 < Mike1> [anders]: wait i will upload it on my server
16:30 < [anders]> plfiorini: beware that sawfish doesn't build, and there is no other windowmanager for gnome in there yet. I will add MetaCity shortly..
16:30 < plfiorini> [anders]: this is not a problem
16:30 < [anders]> Mike1: kool... Saves me time.. (wee bit busy at work today..)
16:30 < esden> plfiorini: ... I was coding for my programming practics in my university ...
16:31 < Mike1> [anders]: sure just cleaning up the tree and leaving it as others already know it
16:31 < plfiorini> esden: ok, i'll do it
16:31 < esden> plfiorini: that does have nothing to do with rock ... :-/
16:31 < plfiorini> oh
16:31 * -> esden wants to have time for rock ... *cry*
16:31 * plfiorini is in vacation now
16:31 < plfiorini> :)
16:32 < plfiorini> with this vacations i'll patch something and i'll send a diff to the list
16:33 < plfiorini> i modified Build-Tar, so now it creates $arch-$name-$version.tar.bz2
16:33 < plfiorini> probably i'll add release numbers and the ability to build separate packages from the same source
16:37 < plfiorini> something like ia32-glibc-2.2.5.tar.bz, ia32-glibc-devel-2.2.5.tar.bz2
16:37 < Mike1> Everyoine wanting to try [anders] and I private tree with gnome2 98% funtional can get the lates snap at: http://odin.informatica.co.cr/~mike/rock/rock-1.5.18-Gnome2.tar.bz2
16:38 < plfiorini> Mike1: thanks
16:38 < Mike1> patches and build reports are pretty much welcome :)
16:38 < plfiorini> Mike1: you know i'll patch gnome ;)
16:38 < huebi> plfiorini: What do you think about adding the CPU type?
16:38 < plfiorini> huebi: that it's not bad
16:39 < plfiorini> blah blah this debian doesn't work much
16:39 < Mike1> plfiorini: good
16:39 < plfiorini> [anders] and Mike1: now i can add more gtk-engines, gstreamer, rhythmbox and monkey-media
16:39 * Mike1 wonders if huebi will test private tree
16:40 < Mike1> plfiorini: :)
16:40 < plfiorini> oh i forget acme and totem
16:40 < plfiorini> if you agree, of course
16:41 < Mike1> plfiorini: we only took care of porting gnome2, to add more packages we should talk to huebi and [anders] and see what they have to say
16:41 * [anders] thinks we really need to be able to install from a two CD set...
16:41 < plfiorini> ok
16:42 * Mike1 next target will be work on multi cd install, right after having gnome2 100% funtional
16:46 < esden> urgh ...
16:47 < [anders]> esden: it's not that bad.. ;-)
16:47 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@dhcp024-210-222-139.woh.rr.com] has quit ("rebooting router")
16:47 < esden> we get bigger and bigger ;-)
16:48 * -> esden is waiting for the first rocklinux dvd ;-)
16:48 < plfiorini> ahah
16:49 < Mike1> esden: buy me dvd-recorder and i will take care of making it happen :)
16:49 < esden> I will then be able to watch rocklinux on a dvd player ;-)
16:49 < huebi> esden: Can you now imagine why I have a DLT8000? - Yes for DVD mastering
16:49 < esden> huebi: *ROFL*
16:49 < esden> huebi: now I know !
16:49 < esden> huebi: BONZE!!!! ;-)
16:51 < huebi> We need an installation tape for sparc
16:51 < esden> and for alpha !!! ;-)
16:51 -!- h0h0 [~hoho@dhcp024-210-222-139.woh.rr.com] has joined #rocklinux
16:51 < esden> huebi: do you want to sponsor me a DLT drive ?
16:52 < huebi> esden: Why?
16:52 < Mike1> huebi: perhaps sponsor me too :)
16:53 < esden> so I can make bootable tape images for alpha ;-)
16:53 < holyolli> *fg*
16:53 < huebi> Well, I have a DLT-2000 laying around....
16:54 < holyolli> working?
16:54 < esden> huebi: ship it ;-)
16:55 < huebi> holyolli: It get hot when powered on and makes some turns withe tape for a few minutes.
16:55 < holyolli> oh.
16:56 < holyolli> esden: did you work on the alpha port the last days?
16:58 -!- clifford [~clifford@M096P005.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has quit ("I like core dumps")
16:59 -!- clifford [~clifford@M128P004.dipool.highway.telekom.at] has joined #rocklinux
17:03 < esden> nope ... no time ..
17:13 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has quit ("X-Chat: Automatically bored away")
17:15 < [anders]> <- afk.. got to do some work now..
17:20 < d3mian> re
17:20 < Mike1> hi d3mian
17:21 < d3mian> hi all :)
17:26 < Mike1> huebi: awake?
17:29 < huebi> yep
17:29 < Mike1> huebi: i am done with eject, uploading to cvs now
17:39 < Mike1> huebi: done
17:39 * -> esden going home
17:39 < Mike1> it should not need a .conf file
17:39 < esden> cu guys
17:39 < huebi> Mike1: Thank you
17:39 < Mike1> cu esden
17:39 < huebi> cu esden
17:39 < Mike1> huebi: let me know if something is wrong, but i think its ok
17:40 < huebi> Mike1: ok, I check it.
17:40 < Mike1> huebi: have fun :)
17:45 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A7D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit ("°ShowDowN v12 PrO° since 1996: http://www.sci.fi/~showdown/")
18:09 < plfiorini> arg! my sister with this damned television
18:12 < h0h0> shoot the tv
18:12 < plfiorini> yes
18:13 * plfiorini bang!
18:14 < plfiorini> ok good work, i am going to eat a pizza with my friends
18:15 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-2-149.tin.it] has quit ("pizza calls me")
18:17 < clifford> SMP! DO U Listen?
18:17 < h0h0> do you copy?
18:17 * clifford just had a look on cdb ..
18:17 < SMP> yes.
18:17 < SMP> ah.
18:18 < clifford> looks very simmilar to my mar.c ...
18:18 < SMP> hehe
18:19 < clifford> the only difference ist that mar has no hashes and the record are not indexed.
18:19 < clifford> (but mar has less overhead.  ;-)
18:21 < SMP> funny comparison ;>
18:21 < clifford> afaiks it's not very usefull to create cdb files with cdbmake in our case. So you would need to implement our own cdb writing and reading functions anyways.
18:21 < clifford> why?
18:21 < SMP> just like comparing CVS files to DB/2 ;)
18:22 < SMP> and yes, we would have to implement our cdb reading / writing functions
18:23 < SMP> I thought we had agreed that you wanted to write a package manager to replace pkg-* anyway
18:24 < SMP> not that doing so with cdb.a functions would be particularly complicated
18:24 < clifford> so. (iris hat gerade angerufen ..)
18:24 < clifford> .. scrollback ..
18:25 < SMP> I wrote a patch for Apache's mod_rewrite once. so it could read cdb rewritemaps in addittion to dbm rewritemaps
18:25 < clifford> does cdb.a implement writing cdb files without loading whole records into memory?
18:25 < SMP> of course
18:26 < clifford> ok - that's good.
18:26 < SMP> one thing that is missing from the cdb.a lib is a traversal API
18:27 < SMP> it can not enumerate the keys
18:27 < SMP> but we don't need that anyway
18:28 -!- [anders] [anders@62.3.122.161] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
18:28 < clifford> hmm... how do we name our package format?
18:28 -!- [anders] [anders@62.3.122.161] has joined #rocklinux
18:28 < SMP> heck, we could even pack multiple tar.bz2 files under one key in a cdb package.
18:28 < SMP> whatever that could be useful for ;)
18:29 < clifford> cdb_findnext() it is ...  ;-)
18:29 < SMP> exactly
18:29 < SMP> clifford: I propose we use .gem :)
18:29 < clifford> hmm .. does cdb support reading a cdb file which is just a key in another cdb file?
18:30 < SMP> you mean that is stored under a key
18:31 < clifford> erm... yes. a cdb file which is stored as record should that have been .. ;-)
18:31 < clifford> why ".gem"  ??
18:32 < SMP> gem = Edelstein
18:32 < SMP> look it up in an Engl. dictionany. fits perfectly :)
18:34 < SMP> storing a cdb as a record in another cdb sound like a stupid idea. but you can hack it up
18:34 < clifford> hmm.. how about ".YAPFWIOUBOD" (yet another package format which is only used by one distribution)
18:35 < SMP> hey, we can use RPM. it's ok with me ;->>
18:36 < clifford> are you sure?
18:36 < SMP> I mean using the RPM Package Manager, not just .rpm
18:37 < clifford> yes. are you sure?
18:38 < SMP> well I think it would be ok. we'd need to hack around it a bit. not that I would prefer it, though
18:38 < clifford> ok. so you are not sure. that's very good.
18:39 < clifford> ;-)
18:39 < SMP> hehe :>
18:39 < clifford> so - how do we name it??
18:39 < clifford> rpm = rock package manager ?  ;-)
18:39 < SMP> *eg*
18:40 < rolla> :)
18:40 < clifford> what's about ".p"  (= package)
18:41 < SMP> I'm still in favor of GEM :)
18:42 < SMP> and call the package manger /bin/mine
18:42 < huebi> hehe
18:42 < clifford> *grin*
18:42 < huebi> .gem is nice
18:43 -!- snyke [~snyke@eros.bingo-ev.de] has joined #rocklinux
18:43 < clifford> what's about ".rbp" (rock binary package)
18:44 < Mike1> clifford: you dont like .gem?
18:45 < clifford> I'd prefer an acronym ..
18:45 < Mike1> .rgp ?
18:45 < SMP> so we make it an acronym
18:46 < Mike1> (rock gem package)
18:46 < SMP> an recursive one even
18:46 < SMP> GEM is the GEM Elements Manager
18:46 * SMP shakes his head
18:47 < huebi> gem = not a Gentoo Error or Mistake
18:47 < clifford> **rotf**
18:47 < Mike1> huebi: hahahaha
18:47 < clifford> GEM = General Error and Major failure
18:48 < huebi> yep. That's it.
18:48 * clifford singing: join the army now
18:49 < huebi> name on a door in the FH Darmstadt: General P. Fault
18:49 < SMP> gems don't need fscking acronyms. ;)
18:49 < SMP> bbl, food
18:49 < huebi> cu SMP
18:49 < clifford> cu
18:50 < Mike1> cu
18:50 < clifford> GEM = GNUs are Evil Monsters
18:51 < Mike1> Gentoo's are Even More
18:51 < rxr> re
18:51 < rxr> hi clifford !
18:51 < Mike1> hi rxr
18:51 < clifford> rxr: hi!!!!
18:51 < rxr> one moment - My amazon calls me ...
18:54 < clifford> GEM = GEM instablE Module ?
18:55 < clifford> GEM = GEM Eraseable Module ?!?
18:58 < clifford> GEM = GEM Elementary Module !!
18:58 < clifford> since you cannot install a half package that's exactly what it is.
18:59 < rxr> re
19:00 < clifford> rxr: is there any special reason why the gnome 1 packages are called e.g. glib1 and the gnome2 packages are called e.g. glib ?
19:00 < clifford> what do we do if gnome3 comes out?
19:01 < rxr> clifford: I have not yet thought about this ... - the actual package will have the name $pgk - and the old compatibility package will be named $pkg-$old-ver
19:02 < clifford> rxr: ???
19:02 < rxr> clifford: yes? Any better idea?
19:03 < rxr> one problem might be the flist for the package for deinstallation / update ...
19:03 < clifford> we (at the dev meeting in vienna) thought that it might be better to simply call them e.g. glib1 abd glib2. If gnome3 comes up there will also be a glib3 package ..
19:04 < rxr> clifford: ok - I did not do this, because of the old package auto-detection and the name overwrite for all the names ...
19:04 < clifford> I thought already so.
19:04 < clifford> So you agree that naming the new packages e.g. glib2 would be better?
19:07 < rxr> yes. ACK
19:07 < clifford> great.
19:07 < clifford> could you send me a list of packages to rename?
19:08 < clifford> (please don't send me a patch for renaming all this directories.
19:08 < rxr> clifford: I will do much MIDI stuff for GSMP in the next time. I need it now for myself ... ;-)
19:08 < rxr> clifford: yes I can.
19:08 < clifford> yabadabaduuu!
19:08 * clifford just like fred flintstone.
19:09 < clifford> s/just/jumps/  ;-)
19:10 < clifford> rxr: could you also check which package is in x11 and which in rene?
19:10 < clifford> e.g. pkg-config is in rene - so the whole gnome stuff will not build in a base+x11 package selection.
19:10 < rxr> for the rename issue? Or in some resorting in generel?
19:20 < clifford> resorting in general.
19:21 < rxr> ah - I will do ...
19:21 < rxr> clifford: are there any news from the rock devel summit ?
19:22 < clifford> we agreet on a new binary package format.
19:22 < clifford> discussed a few problems and decided some implementation details.
19:23 < clifford> 2 days haven't been enought for doing something really impressive.
19:24 < d3mian> re
19:25 < d3mian> yabadabaduuu, hehe
19:25 < Mike1> re d3mian
19:25 < d3mian> Mike1: ill talk with will soon
19:25 < Mike1> oh ok
19:32 -!- armijn [~armijn@131.211.83.40] has joined #rocklinux
19:32 < armijn> re
19:32 < Mike1> good day armijn
19:33 < armijn> 'llo
19:33 < armijn> already evening here :)
19:34 < Mike1> good evening then :)
19:34 < armijn> thanks :)
19:35 < Mike1> armijn: i read your mail regarding silo, have you or ripclaw got any chance to work on it?
19:41 < clifford> http://www.clifford.at/priv/GEM-MINE
19:41 < clifford> please read it and send feedback!
19:44 -!- snyke [~snyke@eros.bingo-ev.de] has quit ("snyke has no reason")
19:44 < Mike1> clifford: looks very cool! mini -i package.gem
19:45 < Mike1> clifford: it can uppdate/install mutliple packages at the same time right?
19:45 < Mike1> -p
19:45 < clifford> sure.
19:45 < SMP> hmm
19:45 < Mike1> have you thought about updating categories?
19:46 < clifford> Mike1: no.
19:46 < Mike1> eg mine -u x11
19:47 < clifford> something like that can be implemented in a shell script.
19:47 < Mike1> mm.. yeah
19:47 < clifford> SMP: is "hmm" good or bad?
19:48 < SMP> mostly good.
19:48 < SMP> let's start:
19:49 < SMP> I'd like to see the fields from <pkg>.desc stored in the cdb. the keys should be the unabbreviated fields from the .desc file
19:50 < clifford> so the ability to simply parse the contained desc file is not enough for you?
19:50 < SMP> they are stored in keys that always have a major letter as their first one as a convention
19:51 < SMP> no other field may have keys beginning with a major letter
19:52 < SMP> I don't like parsing :)
19:52 < clifford> I see.
19:52 < clifford> This information is not stored in in /var/adm/...
19:53 -!- chrisime [~chrisime@p5080314D.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:53 < clifford> So what's about adding a /var/adm/descs/* with (parsed and re-generated) *.desc files and adding those desc files as whole and key-wise to the cdb file?
19:53 < chrisime> hi clifford
19:54 < SMP> the key for the package data should be format agnostig. that is, no 'tarbz2' in the name
19:54 < chrisime> hallo huebi
19:55 < clifford> Another question: what should we do with desc record which do go over multiple lines? adding a multi-line record or many records?
19:55 < SMP> instead introduce a key that descibes the format of the corresponding package
19:55 < armijn> mike1: I'll try, but I'm extremely busy :((
19:55 < Mike1> huebi: have you got anytime to work on the reiserfs / ext3 install disks support?
19:55 < Mike1> armijn: oh :( bad to hear that
19:56 < clifford> SMP: I don't see any problem with the pkg_tarbz2 key. Maybe you could explain our point in detail?
19:57 < SMP> clifford: yes, /var/adm/descs/* with the desc file split to keys in the cdb sounds very good.
19:57 < armijn> mike1: ah well, maybe I'll give it a shot tonight
19:57 < Mike1> armijn: nice i will be looking forward to see ur work, i wish i could contribute but right now i am sparcless :((
19:58 < SMP> clifford: it is not wise to hardcore the tar.bz2 format and there is no reason for it. maybe sometime later we will want to use another archiver
19:58 < SMP> or an other compressor
19:58 < SMP> or none at all. whatever :)
19:59 < clifford> so we make an pkg_targz key. The MINE tool can always look for the prefered key first and check fo others later.
19:59 < armijn> MINE?
19:59 < clifford> GEM Module INstall Environment
19:59 < SMP> :>
19:59 < SMP> 19:41| < clifford> http://www.clifford.at/priv/GEM-MINE
19:59 * armijn reading
20:00 < SMP> clifford: that sounds really awful ;-}
20:00 < armijn> Gemini?
20:00 < SMP> no..
20:01 < SMP> look up 'gem' in an English dictionary if you don't get the joke :)
20:01 < armijn> at least it sounds better
20:01 < armijn> well, I did get the joke...
20:01 < armijn> duh
20:01 < armijn> me no stoopid
20:03 < SMP>  . o O ( Jar-Jar .. Ar-Mijn )
20:03 < armijn> Jar-Jarmijn?
20:04 < clifford> Ok. Pls reload the file ..
20:06 < SMP> oh
20:06 < SMP> hmm
20:06 * Mike1 away trouble shooting
20:07 < SMP> multiline vs. multiple records..
20:07 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has left #rocklinux ("Client Exiting")
20:07 < SMP> we seem to disagree on that :)
20:08 < clifford> aha. As far as I understood the order or multiple records with the same key stays the same.
20:09 < clifford> Imo it's easier to parse the cdb file with multiple records.
20:10 < SMP> but I don't see a need to store multiple independent sets of descs data, so it should be fine that way.
20:11 < clifford> SMP: hmm? (I didn't got that point now)
20:13 -!- tsa [~tsa@p5082BBCA.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
20:13 < tsa> tag
20:14 < d3mian> re tsa
20:14 < SMP> it is ok to store a set of [X] lines as many X keys and not as a single key with multiline data because there is no need to be able to store more than one such set in one file
20:14 < clifford> feuchte gruesse aus oesterreich!
20:14 < armijn> heh, clifford is flooded?
20:15 < SMP> clifford: we can't store the descs keys as just a single letter
20:15 < SMP> clifford: it must be a requirement to use the fully qualified names as the key
20:15 < clifford> why? I don't think that we will have more keys than letters so soon.
20:16 < SMP> but we have fields that do not have a single-letter key right now :)
20:16 < clifford> the names are all just single-lettered (except the [COPY] tag which will also get a single-letter name soon).
20:16 < clifford> which?
20:17 < SMP> well, CV-*
20:17 < clifford> oh. yes. you are right.
20:17 < clifford> you also want them directly as records in the cdb file?
20:18 < clifford> what for?
20:19 < SMP> there is probably no reason to have CV-* as records, yes
20:19 < SMP> but it sounds like a very bad idea to chain ourselves to the single-letter format
20:20 < armijn> bus, train, food, hack, sleep...
20:20 * armijn off
20:20 -!- armijn [~armijn@131.211.83.40] has left #rocklinux ()
20:20 < SMP> the only benefit I can see is that you could query all keys A through Z
20:21 < SMP> but that is better done by parsing descs ;)
20:21 < clifford> well - You said you want seperate keys for the desc entries.
20:22 < clifford> <SMP> I don't like parsing :)
20:22 < SMP> yes, absolutely. because it makes sense to be able to access that information very easily
20:23 < SMP> I just object to using single letters for all those keys
20:24 < clifford> hae???? Noe i really don't _understand_ what you want and mean.
20:24 < clifford> What keys?
20:24 < clifford> all keys or just trhe desc keys?
20:24 < SMP> the descs keys
20:24 < clifford> why do you want singe letters if they have longer names.
20:24 < SMP> that's what I am asking _you_ :)
20:25 < SMP> because that is what your document says
20:25 < clifford> that's what you said before on irc.
20:25 < SMP> 19:49| < SMP> I'd like to see the fields from <pkg>.desc stored in the cdb. the keys should be the unabbreviated fields from the .desc file
20:26 < clifford> <SMP> they are stored in keys that always have a major letter as their first one as a convention
20:26 < clifford> I didn't read the2nd part of the message ...
20:26 < SMP> 'first one' != 'only one' ;)
20:27 < clifford> ok - now about the multi line vs. multi key problem.
20:27 < SMP> as I said, multi key is ok
20:28 < clifford> ok.
20:28 < clifford> please refetch again.
20:33 < d3mian> cya
20:33 < tsa> clifford: do you accept patches on IRC or do you want a mail?
20:33 < tsa> ;)
20:34 < rxr> hi tsa!
20:34 < tsa> hi rxr
20:34 < clifford> tsa: DCC doesn't work over my firewall ..
20:34 < tsa> clifford: dcc is not needed, patch is easy.
20:34 < tsa> clifford: package/base/gmp/gmp.desc
20:34 < clifford> ok. so send it per /query
20:34 < tsa> -[V] 4.1
20:34 < tsa> +[V] 3.1.1
20:34 < tsa> -[D] 2455756815 gmp-4.1.tar.gz ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gmp/
20:34 < tsa> +[D] 270801889 gmp-3.1.1.tar.gz ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gmp/
20:35 < tsa> (yes, this is a downgrade)
20:36 < tsa>  /usr/bin/rep is broken with gmp 4.1
20:36 < clifford> which package has problems with the newer version?
20:36 < clifford> that's bad.
20:37 < tsa> librep, all versions.
20:37 < tsa> 0.15, 0.16.1, no difference
20:37 < tsa> an easy test:
20:38 < tsa> $ rep
20:38 < tsa> rep 0.16.1, Copyright (C) 1999-2000 John Harper
20:38 < tsa> rep comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the file COPYING
20:38 < tsa> Built Tue Aug 13 2002 by root@azathoth, for i686-pc-linux-gnu.
20:38 < tsa> Enter `,help' to list commands.
20:38 < tsa> user> (random 1)
20:38 < tsa> 0
20:38 < tsa> with gmp 4.1, rep segfaults
20:38 < tsa> with 3.1.1 and earlier, everything is ok
20:40 < clifford> "patch" applied.
20:40 < clifford> (tsa = Sebastian Jaenicke, right?0
20:41 < tsa> yes.
20:42 < tsa> btw..do we already have librep 0.16.1 in 1.7.0-dev?
20:42 < tsa> no, w3e don't
20:43 < tsa> s,3,',
20:45 < tsa> [D] 856928463 librep-0.16.1.tar.gz http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/librep/
20:48 < clifford> applied.
20:48 < tsa> ;-)
20:48 < tsa> thanks.
20:54 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
20:54 < Mike1> re
20:54 < tsa> holy mike
20:54 < tsa> s,y,a,
20:54 < rolla> re mike
20:54 < tsa> que tal?
20:54 < Mike1> Hola tsa
20:54 < Mike1> muy bien y tu ?
20:54 < tsa> muy bien, gracias.
20:54 < Mike1> que bueno
20:56 < Mike1> d3mian: you here?
20:59 < Mike1> ...D...3...M...I...A...N...
21:00 < tsa> hehe
21:01 -!- term_emu is now known as term_aweh
21:02 < tsa> koffice patch on the mailing list
21:05 < rxr> tsa: I'll apply it! - I'm now back and will do much 1.7 work the next time
21:05 < tsa> rxr: c00l.
21:06 < tsa> i'll wait for the next snap and start a new build.
21:06 < tsa> there's still lots of stuff waiting to be fixed in stage 3.
21:06 < tsa> last time i tried, stage 1 and 2 were without any errors at all, but several stuff failed in 3..
21:07 < tsa> most stuff because of broken imake commands afail
21:07 < tsa> s,l,k
21:12 < tsa> i'll have a deeper look into that one later..
21:13 -!- uniplex [~zip@ip68-99-105-125.hr.hr.cox.net] has left #rocklinux ()
21:14 < rxr> tsa: I have not yet done a new 1.7 build after my holiday ...
21:14 < rxr> I validayte the 1.7 changes and start a new build, soon ...
21:17 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@p50803CA9.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
21:20 -!- ge0rg is now known as Ge0rG
21:21 < [anders]> huhu..
21:21 < Mike1> Hi [anders]
21:21 < Mike1> :))
21:21 < huebi> hi [anders]
21:21 < [anders]> greetz Mike1.. how's things? :)
21:22 < huebi> re, btw
21:22 < [anders]> moin huebi.. :) Still afloat?
21:23 < huebi> [anders]: No, here in central Germany is almost no rain. But clifford starts to get some skin  between his fingers... *g*
21:23 < [anders]> they showed on the news tonight the floodings in austria and czhek republic..
21:23 < tsa> hehe
21:23 < tsa> hi huebi
21:23 < [anders]> huebi: hehe...
21:23 < huebi> hi tsa
21:24 < huebi> hi Mike1
21:24 < [anders]> tsa: morrn morrn.. how's things?
21:24 < tsa> hi [anders]
21:24 < tsa> uh, everything fine.
21:24 < tsa> after my gmp downgrade, things are even working again here...
21:24 < tsa> ;-)
21:25 < [anders]> tsa: version hysteria has many things to answer for.. ;-)
21:25 < Mike1> huebi: did you get the chance to see eject?
21:25 -!- chrisime [~chrisime@p5080314D.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Connection timed out)
21:25 < tsa> hehe
21:25 < huebi> Great weekend but a bit too short to get things done, not only discussed.
21:25 < huebi> Mike1: not yet. But I try it now
21:25 < Mike1> huebi: excellent thanks
21:25 < huebi> rar or unrar at least is missing...
21:26 < Mike1> huebi: i found a few borken links i will fix it
21:26 < huebi> Mike1: very good.
21:26 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-5a190.tin.it] has joined #rocklinux
21:33 < [anders]> huebi: humma.. getting odd build errors in rarpd..
21:33 < [anders]> rarpd.c:332: `ARPOP_REVREQUEST' undeclared   -and-   rarpd.c:469: `ETHER_ADDR_LEN' undeclared
21:34 < [anders]> iirc, there is a fix for this.. can't remember what though..
21:38 < [anders]> aah... libnet missing.. that would be the thing I suppose..
21:40 < [anders]> hmm.. tweaked the priority on libnet to ensure it being built before rarpd
21:41 * clifford released snapshot 200208132116.
21:42 < tsa> ./scripts/Update-Src -all
21:42 < clifford> I have to go now and install dROCK 1.4.1 on my girlfriends computer ..
21:42 < clifford> cu.
21:42 < tsa> have fun.
21:42 < huebi> cu clifford
21:42 -!- clifford is now known as clifford_away
21:42 < tsa> don't forget to install yourself on your.. *G*
21:42 < huebi> geetings to Iris
21:43 < plfiorini> forlks, what about gnupdate?
21:43 < plfiorini> what do you think?
21:45 < tsa> --verbose
21:46 < tsa> ERROR: Unknown file: download/alpha/aboot/aboot/aboot-0.9.tar.gz.
21:46 < tsa> hm...
21:52 * [anders] going to watch some TV and then go to bed.. night night all..
21:52 < tsa> cu [anders], have fun..
21:52 < huebi> cu [anders]
21:53 < esden> re hi all
21:53 < Mike1> re esden
21:53 < esden> urgh ... I have to go to bed >_< :-(((((
21:54 < huebi> cu esden
21:55 < Mike1> wow that was a fast visit
21:55 < Mike1> night esden
21:55 < tsa> hehe, indeeed.
21:56 -!- holyolli [~holyolli@linus.regehr.net] has joined #rocklinux
21:56 < holyolli> re
21:56 < Mike1> re holyolli
21:57 < huebi> huhu holyolli
21:57 < holyolli> hi Mike1
21:57 < holyolli> tach huebi
21:57 * -> esden not going yet
21:57 * -> esden reading email and readind 1.7 diff
21:57 < holyolli> huebi: how did you manage the power supply of your lcd?
21:58 < esden> huebi: how feels your lcd ?
21:58 < huebi> holyolli: esden used 5v from the internal main supply.
21:59 < huebi> esden: I have get it up again first.
21:59 < esden> huebi: ahh good ... so it is back online
21:59 < huebi> I have the idea to look at the data sheet of the chipset to find out if it's possible to get the power out of the parallel port.
22:00 < holyolli> huebi: ah...cause i want to try it from the gameport...
22:00 * -> esden connecting on huebi display and writing bad things on it ;-)
22:00 < holyolli> esden: *fg*
22:00 < esden> we need a mathilda version that can be displayed on a 20x4 character display ;-)
22:00 < esden> and a rock logo ...
22:00 < huebi> ACK
22:00 < tsa> hehe
22:00 < holyolli> jepp
22:00 < holyolli> hi tesa
22:01 < holyolli> tesa: hast du versucht, mich anzurufen?
22:01 < esden> hi tesa ... are u usable as a hologram data medium ?
22:02 < holyolli> *lol!*
22:02 < tsa> olli!
22:02 < tsa> esden: try me!
22:02 < holyolli> esden: not that....but do you know "tesa power strip"? ;-))
22:02 < tsa> ;-)
22:02 < tsa> holyolli: nack, y
22:02 < tsa> ?
22:02 < esden> tsa: RRRRRR ;-)
22:02 < tsa> au scheisse.
22:02 < holyolli> hehehe
22:02 < tsa> rxr:
22:02 -!- zer0_o [~zer0_o@pop-zh-12-1-dialup-164.freesurf.ch] has joined #rocklinux
22:02 < tsa> Downloading download/rene/xemacs-packages/xemacs-sumo-2002-07-20.tar.bz2 ...
22:03 < tsa> fails.
22:03 < holyolli> .oO(der hinterlässt sogar keine flecken an der wand...)
22:03 * -> esden klatscht tsa an die wand ;-)
22:03 < tsa> au!
22:03 < esden> hehe ;-)
22:04 < huebi> is owl online again?
22:04 < esden> you are looking so sweet tsa when you get hurt ;-)
22:04 < tsa> huebi: don't know.
22:04 < zer0_o> huhu
22:05 -!- zer0_o [~zer0_o@pop-zh-12-1-dialup-164.freesurf.ch] has quit (Client Quit)
22:05 -!- zer0_o [~zer0_o@pop-zh-12-1-dialup-164.freesurf.ch] has joined #rocklinux
22:05 -!- angel|of|chaos [AngelofCha@pD95259B7.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
22:05 < Mike1> lo zer0_o
22:05 < zer0_o> w00s gayt ? =)
22:05 -!- owl [owl@B587e.pppool.de] has joined #rocklinux
22:06 < huebi> lol
22:06 < tsa> huebi: there's owl..
22:06 < owl> hi
22:06 < Mike1> huebi: look who is here
22:06 < huebi> hi owl
22:06 < Mike1> hi owl
22:06 < owl> *g*
22:06 < owl> what's going on, today? ;)
22:06 < tsa> owl: no coffee in here..
22:06 < Mike1> its was just the time to have coffee
22:06 < Mike1> and you were missing
22:06 < owl> tsa: ...
22:07 < tsa> no poison this time, please.
22:07 < owl> of course with poison
22:07 * Mike1 hehe
22:07 < zer0_o> hi owl
22:07 < zer0_o> ;)
22:07 < owl> gu zer0
22:07 < tsa> ?
22:08 < owl> h
22:08 < owl> hi
22:08 < owl> (oops. bad keyboard)
22:08 < holyolli> hi owl
22:08 < th> hi owl
22:08 < zer0_o> throw it out the window ;)
22:09 < owl> yeah.
22:09 < owl> i really should do it... but... typing without any keyboard.. ehm... no brain-to-computer device was developed, am i right?
22:11 < zer0_o> hmm, yeah .. =| too bad
22:11 < zer0_o> why are u talking english ?
22:11 < zer0_o> =)
22:12 < tsa> -> $LANG
22:12 < Mike1> zer0_o we can talk spanish if you want
22:12 < tsa> aaah
22:12 < tsa> muy bien
22:12 < holyolli> bueno...muy bien idea
22:12 < holyolli> ;-)
22:12 < huebi> or with esden polish
22:12 < zer0_o> ¿hablas espanol?
22:12 < Mike1> claro tsa
22:13 < holyolli> or swedish...
22:13 < tsa> noo...
22:13 < Mike1> zer0_o calro que si
22:13 < Mike1> tsa: espanol es el mejor ! :P
22:13 < zer0_o> i don't speak spanish =)
22:13 < tsa> Mike1: seguro..
22:13 < tsa> zer0_o: quien importa?
22:13 < Mike1> hahaha
22:14 < Mike1> holyolli: tu que opinas?
22:14 < zer0_o> no
22:14 < tsa> zer0_o: mejor que no nos entiendes..
22:14 < zer0_o> holyolli =D
22:14 < holyolli> Mike1: yo creo que si
22:15 < tsa> entonces podeos hablar sobre zer0_o ..
22:15 < tsa> +m
22:15 < Mike1> hehe
22:15 < tsa> ;-)
22:15 < zer0_o> tjejen har du vakra ögon =)
22:15 < Mike1> tsa: holyolli *evil grin*
22:15 < rxr> the ROCK Linux article from me should be in the next Linux Magazin ;-)!
22:15 * rxr showering ...
22:15 < zer0_o> yeah =)
22:15 < tsa> zer0_o,. quien sos vos que me hables asi?
22:15 < Mike1> rxr: congratz
22:16 < zer0_o> holyolli, jag bjuder alla på en öl! =D
22:16 < holyolli> zero: du kan prata svenska eller är det norsk?
22:16 < zer0_o> jag kan inte prata svenska
22:16 < zer0_o> =|
22:17 < tsa> hm..
22:17 < tsa> necesito vacaciones.
22:17 < zer0_o> these are copy-and-paste sentences ..
22:17 < tsa> y chicas.
22:17 < Mike1> zer0_o Jag talar engelska, franska, svenska och spanska.
22:17 < holyolli> .oO(jag hoppar att anders sittar på keyboard....)
22:18 < holyolli> honom _kan_ pratar och scriva...
22:18 < Mike1> tsa: ven a Costa RIca entonces :)
22:18 < zer0_o> mike, w00t ? multi-lang man =)
22:19 < Mike1> tsa: y tambien invitamos a holyolli
22:19 < tsa> Mike1: hehe, buena idea. quantos chicas ya estan esperandome? ;-)
22:19 < Mike1> zer0_o hehe :)
22:19 < Mike1> tsa: muchas :)
22:19 < tsa> Mike1: __muy__ bien..
22:20 < tsa> holyolli: quantos chicas quieres tu?
22:20 < tsa> o prefieres d3mian? *G*
22:20 < zer0_o> btw, how was the rock-meeting ? =)
22:20 < holyolli> tsa: nej...inte d3mian...
22:21 < tsa> holyolli: otra lengua, porfa' ..
22:21 < holyolli> tsa: porque?
22:21 < tsa> porque no puedo entender nada.
22:22 < holyolli> hm.
22:23 < h0h0> porque estamos hablando espanol?
22:23 < tsa> no se.
22:23 < tsa> porque lo entiedo, probablemente.
22:23 < tsa> +n
22:23 < esden> who is talking esperanto ? ;-{
22:23 < esden> )
22:23 < h0h0> nadie
22:23 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A7D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #rocklinux
22:24 < tsa> hola snyke, como te va?
22:24 < snyke> wos?
22:24 < esden> hola snyke, como estas ?
22:24 < holyolli> hej snyke, hur är laget?
22:24 * snyke != hure
22:24 < snyke> @ holyolli
22:24 < holyolli> *lol*
22:24 < h0h0> quien es hure
22:24 < tsa> huh?
22:24 < h0h0> o donde?
22:24 < snyke> argh
22:24 < h0h0> o que?
22:24 < snyke> is heute RockLinux international angesagt?
22:25 < esden> h0h0: hure = puta
22:25 < tsa> snyke: si.
22:25 < holyolli> hure i espaniol es "puta"
22:25 < snyke> ahyes
22:25 < Mike1> snyke: yup
22:25 < huebi> snyke: no bawarian today...
22:26 < esden> rock is gaining more languages from day to day ... I LOVE it ;-)
22:26 < tsa> hehe
22:26 < holyolli> esden: and where is "polnisch"?
22:26 < holyolli> .oO(what is "polnisch" in english...?"
22:26 < esden> tutaj jest polski
22:26 < holyolli> ah
22:26 < tsa> ARRRGH
22:26 < th> holyolli: polish
22:26 < holyolli> thx ;)
22:26 < esden> holyolli: niewiem czego chcesz
22:26 < tsa> hahaha
22:26 < tsa> that one was too simple.
22:27 < esden> holyolli: staram sie ;-)
22:27 < tsa> e in espanol?
22:27 < tsa> es pulaka, si?
22:27 < zer0_o> omg
22:27 < tsa> s,in.en,
22:27 < zer0_o> snyke, lass deutsch sprechen, das is ja horrormässig =P
22:27 < holyolli> hey...sächsisch war noch nicht...
22:28 < esden> export $LANG=EN_en
22:28 < h0h0> englishwithouspaces?
22:28 < tsa> export $ESDEN=puta
22:28 < tsa> *duck*
22:28 < th> esden: you should remove the $
22:28 < tsa> arghs
22:29 < tsa> me too.
22:29 * h0h0 quiero inlgles sin barreros
22:29 < tsa> could remove esden, too, but "export $=.." doesn't work, i guess..
22:30 < tsa> ;)
22:34 < snyke> hmm
22:34 < snyke> <-- PopoKärtchen
22:35 < snyke> wenn des kuhle donauwasser noch ein bissl steigt - dann is aus
22:35 < snyke> zwar hab ich dann ned direkt ein Problem mit dem Wasser
22:35 < owl> hm???
22:35 < snyke> aber ich bekomm meinen Strom aus nem Trafohäusl des jetz so halb in der Donau steht
22:35 < snyke> und da gibts dann ärger
22:35 < snyke> zwecks brizzel
22:35 * Ge0rG wohnt keinen kilometer von der elbe weg
22:35 < snyke> Die von Radio IN angekündigte Stromabschaltung in Mailing-Feldkirchen wird derzeit nicht durchgeführt. Stromabschaltungen werden nur vorgenommen wenn eine Überflutung der elektrischen Anlagen droht, oder Einsatzpersonal gefährdet würde.
22:36 < snyke> naja das is ja noch viel
22:36 * tsa fordert Schwimmfluegel fuers Einsatzpersonal..
22:36 < snyke> wenn ich ned gepennt hätt wär ich auch Einsatzpersonal
22:36 < snyke> aber NEIN
22:37 < snyke> ich muss im bitz sein und die losige Katastrophenschutzalarmierung ned hören >_<
22:37 < snyke> *hass*
22:40 < plfiorini> g'night
22:40 -!- plfiorini [~plfiorini@r-bo043-5a190.tin.it] has quit ("Shake your head")
22:42 < holyolli> snyke: bistu beim thw?
22:44 -!- angel|of|chaos [AngelofCha@pD95259B7.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (".: http://www.mpm-lan.de :.")
22:46 < Mike1> esden: kiedy wracasz?
22:54 < esden> ok ... juz jestem zpowrotem ;-)
22:54 < esden> ale niestety musze isc do luszka
22:55 < esden> niewiele spalem ostatniej nocy
22:55 < holyolli> .oO(man könnte denken, esden tippt auf seiner dvorak-tastatur und hat das qwertz-layout geladen... ;)
22:55 < esden> das sieht aber anders aus glaube ich
22:56 < esden> ok ... I have to go to bed
22:56 < huebi> cu esden
22:56 < holyolli> good night esden
22:56 < esden> sleep well all of you
22:56 < owl> gn8 esden
23:02 < tsa> cu esden
23:10 < tsa> hm..
23:10 < tsa> is there something like an anonymous sftp?
23:10 < tsa> never used sftp before..
23:10 < huebi> ka
23:11 < Mike1> re
23:11 < Mike1> nacht esden
23:12 < zer0_o> n8 all
23:12 < zer0_o> hf
23:12 -!- zer0_o [~zer0_o@pop-zh-12-1-dialup-164.freesurf.ch] has quit (".. =)")
23:12 < tsa> id'd like to setup something like an anon ftp server, but with encrypted communication.
23:12 < tsa> chroot preferred, of course.
23:13 < Mike1> tsa: why ftp?
23:13 < Mike1> use rsync over an ssh tunnel
23:14 < tsa> Mike1: should be easy to use even for beginners - i don't want to explain things 2 hours to get a single text file..
23:14 < tsa> ;-)
23:14 * Mike1 just realized tsa was thinking about anonymous ftp ... damn that wont work
23:14 < tsa> hehe
23:14 < Mike1> tsa: still moving files arround with rsync is ways easier and secure you can make a script for it
23:17 < Mike1> sort of like: rsync -rltzave ssh dir/ (or file.foo) my.host.foo:/<path>
23:33 < tsa> woot.
23:33 < tsa> <- happy.
23:33 < tsa> sybase backup basically seems to work.
23:33 < tsa> still needs some work, but i already knew that one...
23:34 -!- chrisime__ [~chrisime@p50803BA1.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
23:36 -!- chrisime__ [~chrisime@p50803BA1.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Client Quit)
23:40 < rxr> ARRRGHHHHHHHH!
23:40 < rxr> clifford_away: Who added these ugly copyrigth crap to every file ?????????????
23:46 -!- chrisime_ [~chrisime@p50803CA9.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Connection timed out)
23:53 -!- snyke [~snyke@pD9502A7D.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit ("°ShowDowN v12 PrO° since 1996: http://www.sci.fi/~showdown/")
23:54 < tsa> rxr: huh?
23:55 < tsa> example?
23:56 < tsa> # --- ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTE-BEGIN ---
23:56 < tsa> that one?
23:56 < tsa> seems like we're gpl'd ..
--- Log closed Wed Aug 14 00:00:29 2002