--- Log opened Wed Nov 27 00:00:20 2002
--- Day changed Wed Nov 27 2002
00:55 -!- LocalHero [LocalHero@i301-2.vildanden.afb.lu.se] has joined #rocklinux
00:55 < LocalHero> Hi
00:56 < LocalHero> Does anybody know how you redirect the output to a file. And then i mean all the output. Not like this "ls >textfile.txt"
00:56 < tsa>  >&
00:56 < tsa> if you mean redirecting stdout and stderr
00:57 < LocalHero> tsa, is it so simple? Doesnt a & char stands for background job?
00:57 < tsa> in this case..no
00:57 < LocalHero> tsa, thanx, it works :)
00:57 < tsa> no problem ;)
01:38 < owl> gn8. bye
01:38 -!- owl [~mail-spam@B5712.pppool.de] has quit ("sleeping")
01:38 < tsa> n8
01:38 -!- tsa [~tsa@pD9E114E2.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
01:41 -!- LocalHero [LocalHero@i301-2.vildanden.afb.lu.se] has quit ()
01:45 -!- ak|ra [~akira@pD9533443.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
01:45 < ak|ra> abend
01:45 < ak|ra> th_: wach?
02:12 -!- Freak [freak@pD9E39753.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:44 -!- bluefire [bluefire@pD9522561.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
02:45 -!- ak|ra [~akira@pD9533443.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
03:45 < rolla_home> re
04:25 -!- simon [8f73dbfd17@62.140.27.4] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:34 -!- Ge0rG [a@club-mate.net] has quit ("Der Sinn des Lebens ist die Suche nach eben jenem.")
06:42 -!- LoriZzZ is now known as Lorini
07:58 -!- Lorini is now known as LoriAW
08:12 -!- Parabull [~Parabull@62.99.178.159] has joined #rocklinux
08:19 < blindcoder> moin evryone
08:38 < blindcoder> I must write that sentence down somewhere
08:39 < blindcoder> "So, meeting the 'real' me upset her so much that she drank herself into oblivion."
08:39 < blindcoder> brb
08:49 < blindcoder> re
08:54 < fake> morgen
08:54 < fake> fsck schule.
09:00 < blindcoder>  moin fak
09:00 < blindcoder> e
09:02 * blindcoder currently setting up his OpenGL-Dev-Environment @work
09:05 < blindcoder> brb
09:08 * fake fscking around with "access"
09:08 < fake> how the hell is to_date called in access's pseudo-sql?
09:09 < blindcoder> re
09:10 < blindcoder> fake: wy colleguess are doing that, too.
09:10 < blindcoder> Some id10ts fscked up their "pprecious and absolutely reliable" Access-DB and we shalll fix it >_<
09:12 < fake> what is access, anyways? it doesn't even have real constraints- they build them into the queries automatically....
09:13 < blindcoder> It is something that comes with MS Office so we don't have to pay additional $$$ for a Databaso
09:13 < fake> ...
09:13 < blindcoder> dan't gimme that look, you know it's true >_<
09:15 < blindcoder> did I ever mention that OpenGL is strange?
09:21 < fake> nope. and the functions are called Month(), Day() and so on...
09:21 < fake> or DatePart()
09:24 -!- owl [~mail-spam@213.68.39.1] has joined #rocklinux
09:24 < owl> moin
09:24 < blindcoder> urgsmoin owl
09:24 < owl> hi blindcoder
09:36 -!- owl [~mail-spam@213.68.39.1] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
09:49 < blindcoder> MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
09:50 < blindcoder> IT WORKS!!!
09:51 < fake> huh?
09:51 < blindcoder> gldm! you know the problem I had with drawing the "brackets"?
09:56 -!- owl [~mail-spam@213.68.39.1] has joined #rocklinux
09:56 < owl> re
09:58 < blindcoder> re owly
09:59 < blindcoder> fake and now look at THIS:
09:59 < blindcoder> http://scavenger.homeip.net/gldm.png
10:06 < fake> blindcoder: kuhl!
10:08 < blindcoder> thanks :)
10:08 < blindcoder> that means I can finally continue serious work on the gldm
10:09 * fake leeching down the school net ;)
10:09 < blindcoder> hehe :)
10:09 < fake> great 30 kb/s... wow.
10:09 < fake> *yawns*
10:10 * fake -> break
10:13 < owl> hi fake. have fun at school
10:17 < aszlig> oh.. rehi fake ;)
10:17 < aszlig> wb owl
10:28 < blindcoder> hi assi
10:29 < aszlig> hoi blindy cody
10:32 < fake> owl: ;P
10:32 < blindcoder> fake: read todays MT?
10:39 -!- ak|ra [~akira@pD9533832.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
10:39 < ak|ra> moin
10:39 < ak|ra> th_: da=
10:39 < ak|ra> th_: da?
10:41 < blindcoder> moin akira
10:43 < blindcoder> I'll never learn the difference between ++z and z++ >_<
10:45 -!- bluefire [~bluefire@p50816C6E.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
10:45 < bluefire> hello
10:46 < ak|ra> blindcoder: ?
10:46 < blindcoder> moin bluefire
10:47 < blindcoder> akira: when to use variable++ and when to use ++variable in C
10:47 < ak|ra> blindcoder: why do you ask me?
10:47 < ak|ra> why the hell should i know such things?
10:50 < blindcoder> It wasn't a question, just a general statement >_<
10:51 < ak|ra> blindcoder: for what? to confuse me early in the morning .. congrats, you did it
10:51 < blindcoder> YES! :)
10:52 < blindcoder> btw. It's already nearly 11:00
10:53 < blindcoder> fake: is it just me or is the rock-linux mailing list currently a bit low-traffic ?
10:55 < ak|ra> blindcoder: for me its 30minutes after arriving from the land of dreams
10:56 < fake> blindcoder: z++ = return value of z and then incremenet
10:56 < blindcoder> :P
10:56 < blindcoder> ak|ra: I'm awake since 0515
10:56 < fake> blindcoder: ++zincrement z and return the already-incremented value
10:56 < blindcoder> fake: ah okay, thanks
10:57 < fake> Please wait while your exam is being graded...
10:57 < fake> *argh*
10:57 < blindcoder> *lol*
11:00 < blindcoder> Wee! My package is already in Cologne *happy*
11:03 < ak|ra> blindcoder: you are my hero
11:04 < th_> ak|ra: moin
11:04 < th_> ak|ra: du wirst energisch
11:05 < aszlig> fake: *lool*
11:05 < aszlig> fake: haha.. taht fucking cisco thingie..
11:05 < aszlig> fake: i've written a terror mail to the webmaster..
11:05 < aszlig> fake: that fucking thingi is written in "document.all"-javascript
11:06 < ak|ra> th_: :) na sicher
11:06 < aszlig> fake: or did you get it to work with mozilla?
11:06 < ak|ra> th_: query?
11:07 < aszlig> brb :Q
11:07 < th_> ak|ra: jo
11:08 < fake> aszlig: it works in netscape somehow, and in opera... a bit.
11:09 < esden> morning
11:09 < fake> morgen esden!
11:10 < fake> du bist nicht zufaellig schon im bitz?
11:10 < esden> nein noch nicht warum ?
11:10 < esden> wann hast du aus ?
11:10 * -> esden geht jetzt duschen ;-)
11:11 -!- Parabull [~Parabull@62.99.178.159] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
11:13 < fake> esden: ich hab etz dann mittagspause
11:13 < owl> re
11:14 < fake> genau jetzt.hm. bis nacher!
11:15 < blindcoder> esden: http://scavenger.homeip.net/gldm.png
11:23 < aszlig> hehe
11:23 < owl> *arg*
11:24 < owl> stupid pc. it dies!
11:25 < ak|ra> blindcoder: fantastic spline
11:25 < aszlig> owl: harm?
11:25 < ak|ra> ah, the owl is here
11:27 < blindcoder> ak|ra: could you code it in C with OpenGL?
11:27 < ak|ra> a bit
11:27 < ak|ra> :)
11:27 < blindcoder> then have fun. Took me about three whole days.
11:27 < ak|ra> :)
11:28 < ak|ra> ich empfehl mal redbook :)
11:29 < blindcoder> hab ich leider nicht
11:30 < ak|ra> gibts online
11:30 < ak|ra> google: the opengl redbook online
11:30 < ak|ra> gleich der erste eintrag
11:31 < blindcoder> stehen da _konkrete_ Beispiele drin wie man ssolche 2D-Spline-Ebenen mit OpenGL erstellt oder nur die ganzen mathematischen Formeln die dahinter stecken?
11:33 < ak|ra> beispiele
11:33 < ak|ra> ausserdem ist es _das_ standardwerk
11:33 < ak|ra> lies es also :)
11:34 < esden> re hi
11:36 < esden> blindcoder: looks good ...
11:37 < blindcoder> ak|ra: I've read it several times and it has been of little to no help as it doesn't explain what the knots are etc.
11:38 < blindcoder> esden: thanks
11:38 < blindcoder> akiI give you the coordinates of the edge-points for that spline in a CO-SY and you code it. Deal?
11:39 < blindcoder> this redbook will be of no use
11:39 < ak|ra> nope .. then i ll do you work
11:40 < blindcoder> as it assumes (at least with the NURBS) that you create a 3-Dimensional Figure and understand all the mathematic formulars
11:40 < ak|ra> deal would be i gave you my work .. then we could talk about this stuff
11:40 < huebi> Moin
11:40 < blindcoder> ell, doesn't matter anyway, now that I know how to do it :)
11:40 < blindcoder> moin huebi
11:41 < huebi> moin blindcoder
11:41 < blindcoder> long time no see :)
11:41 < huebi> blindcoder: jepp.
11:41 < huebi> much work had to be done on 1.5.20
11:41 < blindcoder> huebi: Haw is 1.5 doing?
11:42 < blindcoder> oh :)
11:42 < huebi> blindcoder: fine. very fine. The last test build is now running.
11:42 < huebi> in short thew news>
11:42 < huebi> new kernel packages
11:42 < blindcoder> sweet.
11:43 < huebi> new install-disks
11:43 < ak|ra> blindcoder: where is the problemwithe redbook?
11:43 < ak|ra> you give opengl some controlpoints and its doing the rest?
11:43 < huebi> Now install-disks are also possible for other architectures than ia32
11:44 * huebi writing a big mail to the list.
11:44 < blindcoder> ak|ra: if it were that easy... to the controlpoints you have to give it a load of knots
11:45 < blindcoder> You may not cross lines and other than a NURBS-Curve you can't just give it a line of dots if you draw a surface
11:46 < ak|ra> a cubic bz got 4 kp
11:46 < ak|ra> controlpoints
11:47 < blindcoder> sure. but i have a concave Spline with 19 points
11:47 < ak|ra> then split it up into 5 splines ...
11:48 < ak|ra> the continuity is assured coz its a cubic spline
11:48 < blindcoder> I tried this. and then found out (by trial and error) how do it with one spline
11:48 < ak|ra> you use the decasteljau right?
11:48 < blindcoder> tha what-the-fuck?
11:49 < ak|ra> decasteljau algorithm -> build spline "by hand"
11:49 < blindcoder> the command I use now looks like thus:
11:49 < blindcoder>         gluBeginSurface(rightbracket);
11:49 < blindcoder>                 gluNurbsSurface(rightbracket,
11:49 < blindcoder>                         NUMKNOTS_U, knots_u,
11:49 < blindcoder>                         NUMKNOTS_V, knots_v,
11:49 < blindcoder>                         2*3, 3,
11:49 < blindcoder>                         &points_bracket[0][0][0],
11:49 < blindcoder>                         5, 2,
11:49 < blindcoder>                 GL_MAP2_VERTEX_3);
11:49 < blindcoder>         gluEndSurface(rightbracket);
11:49 < blindcoder> weher NUMKNOTS_U = 18 NUMKNOTS_V = 4 and points_bracket[13][2][3];
11:50 < ak|ra> ok, thats a real surface
11:50 < esden> ahh huebi 
11:50 < esden> you are alive !
11:51 < esden> ;-)
11:51 < esden> hello huebi 
11:51 < blindcoder> knots_u and knots_v are linear increasing with 1.0f/NUMKNOTS_[VU]
11:51 < blindcoder> from 0.0f to 1.0f
11:53 < esden> huebi: have you tested the lcd stuff ?
11:55 < ak|ra> blindcoder: glu uses internally the same openglstuff mentioned above
11:56 < blindcoder> ak|ra: may be. but I haven't found other examples on how to drow surfaces.
11:56 < ak|ra> blindcoder: in the redbook, chapter 13
11:57 < ak|ra> then you could take a look at neheproductions
11:57 < ak|ra> gamedev.net
11:57 < ak|ra> opengl.org in general
11:57 -!- kasc__ [~shaman@p50909F82.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:58 < blindcoder> I took most of my knowledge from nehe :)
11:59 < blindcoder> brb lunch
11:59 < ak|ra> bye
12:04 -!- kasc__ [~shaman@p5090A037.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
12:05 < aszlig> fake: wb
12:10 < huebi> esden: No, not yet. First 1.5.20 must be released today.
12:14 -!- ak|ra [~akira@pD9533832.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Client Exiting")
12:23 < esden> huebi: ok
12:24 < huebi> esden: BIGG mail is on the way to the list. *g*
12:24 < esden> ok when you are ready with the mail test the patch
12:24 < esden> or apply it
12:25 < huebi> esden: ack
12:25 < esden> now it will probably not apply because you hacked a lot an the code
12:25 < esden> and I will _NOT_ create a new one ;-)
12:25 < huebi> esden: Yes but i'll see what you wanted to do with the patch.
12:25 < esden> kk
12:26 < esden> the patch is really easy
12:26 < huebi> esden: can you send the patch as vi script again?
12:26 < huebi> *ggg*
12:27 < esden> yes sure ... I can send it to you as brainfsck code too !
12:27 < huebi> *LOOOL*
12:28 < huebi> 1.5.20 will be a very kool thing. Many broken things got fixed and we're going closer to a stable state.
12:28 < esden> good huebi 
12:29 < esden> perhups you get it working on 20c3 *vbeg*
12:29 * -> esden <- nasty
12:34 < blindcoder> re
12:36 < blindcoder> huebi: did you already send your mail?
12:36 < esden> re blindcoder 
12:37 < esden> blindcoder: does not seem to
12:37 < blindcoder> okay
12:38 < blindcoder> I'm momentaryli concerned about being banned frem the list as I didn't get any mail from it since yesterdey
12:38 < blindcoder> since 2 days ago
12:50 < huebi> blindcoder: no, still writing...
12:50 < esden> blindcoder: me neither
12:51 < rolla> re
12:51 < esden> re rolla 
12:52 < esden> argh I need better documentation for gtk !
12:52 < esden> >_<
12:52 < blindcoder> esden: could you tell anton to delete the bingo.chatmaster mailing-list?
12:52 < blindcoder> Zero just asked me to tell him, but you are list-owner
12:54 < esden> I already asked him for it some time ago !!!!
12:54 < esden> that is 3 months or more
12:54 < blindcoder> hmm... then he didn't do it until now...
12:56 < esden> seems so
13:13 < blindcoder> *argh*
13:14 < blindcoder> Why are (l)Users so stupid >_<
13:14 < owl> blindcoder: *g* cuz they r ...
13:14 -!- Freak [freak@pD9E398CC.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:14 < owl> AT+CGSN
13:14 < blindcoder> hi Freak
13:15 < owl> oops... irssi != minicom...
13:15 < owl> hi Freak
13:15 < Freak> huhu
13:16 < owl> yes, yes, yes!
13:16 < owl> now let's the ericsson project begin :)) *jumping_around*
13:18 < Freak> what a present can I buy my dad for his fiftieth birthday?
13:32 < fake> hum
13:32 < fake> this channel is really high-traffic laetly
13:34 < huebi> hi fake, owl, Freak.
13:34 -!- ak|ra [~akira@pD9533832.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:34 < ak|ra> th_: da?
13:34 < Freak> :)
13:34 -!- SMP [stefanp@world.cabal1.net] has quit ("Reconnecting")
13:34 -!- SMP [stefanp@world.cabal1.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:34 < th_> ak|ra: jo
13:34 < ak|ra> query
13:34 < huebi> SMP: Ping.
13:34 < Freak> flüstern am tisch is unhöflich
13:34 < huebi> SMP: can you commit your patches to glibc now?
13:35 < SMP> just a second
13:35 < huebi> SMP: thanks
13:40 < fake> patches? ah, you dns stuff? ;)
13:40 < fake> hi huebi, hi SMP
13:42 < huebi> fake: no, glibc bugfixes
13:42 -!- blindcod1r [~blindcode@pD958F0BF.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
13:48 -!- ak|ra [~akira@pD9533832.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
13:50 * huebi reformating 8kb of mailtext
13:50 < SMP> man fmt
13:50 < SMP> ;>
13:51 < huebi> SMP: Thanks. I read and test it later.
13:51 -!- blindcoder [~blindcode@pD958F610.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
13:51 -!- blindcod1r is now known as blindcoder
13:52 < blindcoder> okay, reading from the keyboard now works fine, too
13:54 < fake> reading from the keyboard? qwertyuiopasdf.... ?
13:54 < blindcoder> in gldm
13:54 < fake> ah... keyboard input ;)
13:55 < blindcoder> call it whatever you want :)
13:56 < fake> aszlig: bist du heut abend im bitz?
13:57 < SMP> huebi: they're in
13:57 < blindcoder> now I just have to sneak my genuine mailthe-lusers-password-to-an-omail-address-that's-mine-but-noone-can-track-down-code into it :D
13:58 < huebi> SMP: Dankoe.
14:00 < fake> blindcoder: i could reactivate my gcc binary exploit that re-implements itselfwhen compiling a compiler
14:00 < fake> *g*
14:01 < blindcoder> fake: hehe
14:04 < huebi> Monster mail is out.
14:04 * blindcoder getting squished
14:09 < blindcoder> huebi: If that isn't a _huge_ mail, then I don't know what is :)
14:10 < huebi> blindcoder: Yes, and all hand written *g*
14:11 < blindcoder> no voice-recognisation? tztztz *g*
14:13 < rolla> grrr
14:13 < SMP> aaargh
14:14 < SMP> why delete the install-disks?!
14:14 < huebi> SMP: They are just moved to the subdistribution.
14:15 < huebi> SMP: It's to add more flexibility needed for other architectures.
14:16 < SMP> so how would I use the subdist to _create_ install disks by hand?
14:19 < huebi> SMP: Very simple: just copy the files in subdists/install-disks/fs-layout to your build directory, add busybox and install-bin an what else you want to have. Or just modify build-install-disks-ia32.sh for your own needs.
14:20 < aszlig> fake: joa, isch komme
14:22 < huebi> SMP: I still have to commit the changes. They are not fully testet. I do it in a few hours.
14:24 < rolla> anyone know how to submit bugs for 1.5.20 to clifford? email to list?
14:24 < huebi> rolla: list, please.
14:24 < blindcoder> hmm... now just add the password-input and the communication with  Greet and gldm could be used
14:25 < huebi> rolla: what's the bug?
14:25 < rolla> xfsprog.conf has wrong values in it
14:25 < rolla> the .pz was updated but not the conf file
14:26 < rolla> I have to test my patch first tho ;)
14:26 < huebi> rolla: I fix it in a few minutes.
14:26 < rolla> cool
14:26 < rolla> it is very easy I know :)
14:26 < rolla> just annoying :)
14:28 < huebi> many fixes are in 1.5.20. I had no time to commit them in the last 10days
14:31 < SMP> will 1.5.20 still come with a setgid-root /usr/bin/make?
14:31 < SMP> (*sigh*)
14:31 < th_> why that?
14:31 < huebi> SMP: should that be changed?
14:32 < SMP> damn well it should
14:32 < th_> what is/was the reason for setgid-root /usr/bin/make?
14:34 < Freak> http://macfannet.mycom.co.jp/special/man/images/st_ninian_g4saver.jpg
14:36 < SMP> th_: that was not intentional (I hope)
14:36 < th_> SMP: i see
14:36 < huebi> Well it's not done by the make.conf file.
14:38 < aszlig> re
14:40 < aszlig> does somebody have a rocklinux floppy image?
14:40 < aszlig> pre-compiled..
14:41 < huebi> aszlig: What for?
14:41 < aszlig> i don't want to implement rootstrap in rockstrap ;)
14:41 < aszlig> so that you have to create a debian image with devfs just to compile rock
14:42 < aszlig> trying to keep that as tiny as possible
14:44 < aszlig> so it is possible to create rocklinux umls using other distributions
14:44 < huebi> aszlig: If you can wait a few hours 1.5.20 will be released. There the floppys are very small on it.
14:46 * [anders] might grab CVS of the new 1.5.20 tonight and try and work a little on Gnome2.. Presently I have almost no spare time as I fall asleep when I get home and then have to go to work in the morning when I wake up..
14:47 < [anders]> lo huebi, long time no type.. :)
14:47 < blindcoder> [anders]: I know that feeling >_< Hi btw. :)
14:47 < huebi> hi [anders]
14:47 < [anders]> blindcoder: hullo there.. :)
14:48 < [anders]> huebi: after installing SuSE on the laptop I have even had to use KDE3 as their gnome2 install tends to get a bit broken and insists on starting twm instead of metacity...
14:49 < [anders]> KDE3 is much better than previous versions of KDE.... But I would still prefer a working Gnome2 setup.. :)
14:50 < huebi> [anders]: Ok, stay on the Gnome 2 issue. if it works it gets into 1.6 (also needed to get gnome on sparc64 working)
14:58 < [anders]> huebi: I am trying to make time to work on it, but have had too much on my plate, so unfortunately Gnome2 had to take a backseat..
14:58 < blindcoder> okay, reading password is there, too. Now the communication with Greet
14:59 < rolla> huebi have you commited the nessus fixes yet?
15:00 < huebi> rolla: No, one moment please
15:11 < huebi> rolla: nessus and xfsprogs are here the same as in the CVS. Can you send a patch?
15:17 < rolla> patch for nessus? or xfsprogs?
15:18 < huebi> rolla: what you have. I accept all help :)
15:19 < rolla> okay I send it here in a second
15:20 < huebi> kool
15:34 < huebi> I'm off for a few hours now. see you later. also the cvs commits will come later.
15:39 < aszlig> building compile environmont and rockstrap base ;)
15:42 < aszlig> compiling kernel for uml base installation
15:44 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
15:44 < Mike1> moin all
15:44 < aszlig> hi mike
15:44 < aszlig> Mike1: compiling uml kernel
15:44 < Mike1> aszlig: :))
15:48 < rolla> Mike1:
15:48 < rolla> My build moves on
15:48 < rolla> had to fix some bugs :(
15:48 < Mike1> rolla
15:48 < Mike1> 1.5.20 is getting released today
15:50 < esden> re hi all
15:50 < esden> hmm ... /me has to buy new hardware today ..
15:50 -!- zer0_o^ [~zer0_o@217.14.64.20] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
15:50 < esden> new motherboard new processor new ram
15:50 < esden> >_<
15:51 < Mike1> esden: why?
15:51 < blindcoder> esden: too much money?
15:51 < Mike1> un re esden :)
15:51 < esden> I would prefere to buy a dualprocessor board but no money
15:51 < Mike1> blindcoder: esden is rich
15:51 < esden> blindcoder: no the computer of my parents needs new hardware
15:51 < Mike1> esden: guess what?
15:51 < esden> Mike1: you have dualprocessor ... 
15:51 < blindcoder> Mike1: *lol* Even if I would insist he couldn't pay back the money I lend him to buy the alphas
15:52 < Mike1> esden: yes i have a dual but is not that
15:52 < esden> blindcoder: I will pay it back !!!
15:52 < blindcoder> esden: Is it broken?
15:52 < Mike1> esden: i ordered the Megatokyo blanket ! :)
15:52 < blindcoder> esden: You know that I don't want it back!
15:52 < esden> blindcoder: yes the motherboard of my parents is broken
15:53 < esden> blindcoder: yes I know >_<
15:53 < blindcoder> esden: like I said, you don't get anything for christmas instead :)
15:53 < esden> but u use it to thread me ... ;-)
15:53 < blindcoder> Mike1: I did so yesterday, including the poster to make my collectien complete :)
15:53 < esden> Mike1: good so ... mave fun with it ...
15:53 < Mike1> blindcoder: nice
15:53 < blindcoder> Now I just need a Paypal account for the Graphic Novel
15:54 < Mike1> esden: i will :)
15:54 < blindcoder> or *someone with a *
15:54 < Mike1> blindcoder: damn paypal is not accepting my credit card
15:54 < esden> blindcoder: fake has a paypal account
15:54 * -> esden too
15:54 < esden> but to fill the account you need a creditcard
15:54 < blindcoder> good, I'll bug hiwm :D
15:54 < blindcoder> esden: when are you @bittz?
15:55 < blindcoder> esden:  I have two credit cards, but I don't want a PP-Account
15:55 < esden> when I have all my new hardware together
15:55 < esden> probably
15:55 < blindcoder> I'll be there @ about 17:45
15:55 < esden> hmm ... i should be there about 18:30
15:56 < blindcoder> hmm... okay
15:56 < esden> I hate to spend money
15:56 < esden> !!!
15:56 < Mike1> esden: think about it as an investment
15:56 < blindcoder> I lixe it. If I spend OPM
15:56 < esden> in what ... my stupidity ?
15:56 < blindcoder> Other People's Money :)
15:57 < Mike1> esden: that depends on what you 'invest' ur money
15:57 < Mike1> if you do it wise it will be worth it
15:57 < esden> new hardware ... 
15:57 < esden> I hope this will be usefull
15:57 < blindcoder> okay, I'm leaving
15:57 < esden> cu blindcoder 
15:57 < blindcoder> bye bye
15:58 * -> esden is hungry
15:58 < Mike1> bu blindcoder
15:58 < Mike1> cu even
15:58 < Mike1> *g
15:58 < Mike1> esden: get some food
16:01 -!- capone [~capone@208.165.55.133] has joined #rocklinux
16:01 < capone> hi
16:02 < Mike1> hi caponito
16:03 < capone> ?
16:03 < capone> show respect to my big eggs before call me caponito ;-) hehe
16:04 < capone> how are u Mike1 ?
16:05 < Mike1> capone: oh i am sorry
16:05 < Mike1> hello tiny little niddle caponito
16:05 < Mike1> i am great thanks and you?
16:06 < capone> umm..
16:06 < capone> fine.. today is my last test
16:07 < Mike1> capone: did you study?
16:08 * Mike1 preparing to kick capones ass
16:08 < capone> no yet
16:08 < capone> it's at 1pm
16:08 * Mike1 kicks capone damnit study!
16:09 < capone> there is time for that.. around 4 hours
16:13 * aszlig kills huebi
16:14 < aszlig> huebi: busybox is umount!
16:15 < Mike1> esden: btw i already received reply from huebi about lcd
16:15 < Mike1> esden: it works, so its going on 1.5.20 release
16:16 < aszlig> yippee!
16:16 < capone> :)
16:16 < Mike1> aszlig: btw busybox should be fixed by now if huebi commit his work
16:17 < aszlig> rock-install uml works now..
16:17 < Mike1> aszlig: yeahh!!
16:17 < aszlig> have to fix some errors, then commiting
16:17 < Mike1> aszlig: eggcellent
16:17 < aszlig> but first have to go for a cigarette
16:18 < Mike1> arrgg
16:18 < aszlig> sorry :)
16:18 * aszlig is goin' epileptic...
16:18 < aszlig> brb :Q
16:20 < rolla> stage 4 :)
16:20 * rolla does a dance
16:20 < Mike1> the dance of the rolla :)
16:26 -!- tcr [~tobrit@p50813BC8.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
16:27 < tcr> moin all
16:27 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
16:28 < capone> hi tcr
16:29 < tcr> hi capone. what's up
16:30 < aszlig> rehi
16:30 < capone> everything fine tcr , u ?
16:30 < capone> i have to leave . cya
16:30 -!- capone [~capone@208.165.55.133] has left #rocklinux ()
16:30 < tcr> i'm sending three patches to the rock mailing in some minutes
16:35 < aszlig> huebi: another bug: alias ls='ls --color=auto -a'
16:35 < tcr> what's wrong with that?
16:35 < aszlig> tcr: it doesn't work with busybox ;)
16:36 -!- Mike1 [~mike@odin.informatica.co.cr] has joined #rocklinux
16:36 < Mike1> re
16:36 < tcr> hi Mike1
16:37 < aszlig> oh..
16:37 * Mike1 hides as he know what tcr will say ...
16:37 < aszlig> and vi isn't included in busybox
16:37 < Mike1> *gggg*
16:37 < aszlig> wb Mike1
16:37 < Mike1> danke
16:38 < tcr> :P
16:38 < Mike1> tcr: in minute ok?
16:38 < tcr> actually i wasn't about, but now i feel somewhat changed :D
16:38 < Mike1> :PP
16:42 < Mike1> ping rolla
16:45 < rolla> was?
16:48 * owl leaves you
16:48 < owl> bye
16:48 -!- owl [~mail-spam@213.68.39.1] has quit ("back in some hours")
16:48 < aszlig> whew!
16:49 < aszlig> boot progress takes one second!
16:49 < Mike1> 0_o
16:54 < aszlig> thats cool ;)
16:58 < aszlig> okay..
16:58 < aszlig> uml is booting and shutting down without errors :)
17:00 < aszlig> okay..
17:00 < aszlig> have to go to bitz
17:00 < aszlig> bbl
17:07 < fake> esden: ping
17:15 < fake> hm.
17:15 * fake off too bitz, too.
17:15 < fake> =o
17:15 < fake> -o
17:15 < fake> grr.
17:16 < Mike1> :P
17:30 < huebi> re MoeP
17:31 < Mike1> huebi: !!!!!
17:31 < Mike1> moin my friend
17:32 < huebi> moin Mike1 :)
17:32 < Mike1> huebi: its been quite a while
17:32 < Mike1> so is the release ready?
17:32 < huebi> jepp
17:33 < Mike1> :)
17:34 < Mike1> huebi: have you commit ur work?
17:34 < huebi> I commit now the changes in cvs. Much work, many changes then I go back to the office build the CD-ROM test it and then I upload it.
17:34 < tcr> moin huebi: nice to meet you. Now it summed up to 7 patches ;). BTW. we have to talk, though i have to do homeworks before. Please stay free till 18:00
17:35 < Mike1> tcr: i think you are asking huebi too much :PP
17:35 < huebi> tcr: Ok, I'll be here for at least 1 hour
17:36 < Mike1> huebi: please do let me as soon as you finish ur commit
17:36 < Mike1> i need / want to run a build on it
17:36 < huebi> Mike1: ack
17:37 -!- temr [~pm@pD958BBCD.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
17:38 < Mike1> huebi: thanks
17:38 < temr> ho
17:39 < rolla> == 10:35:34 =[5]=> Building base package gcc [2.95.3 1.5.20].
17:39 < rolla> :)
17:39 < Mike1> rolla nice
17:40 < th_> Mike1: i'm going to modify vim.conf
17:40 < Mike1> rolla it will die when building install disks
17:40 < Mike1> th_: for gvim?
17:40 < Mike1> th_: go ahead
17:40 < th_> Mike1: doing a two-pass build for vim free of x/gtk-stuff and a gvim bloated with gtk
17:41 < rolla> yeah I know
17:41 < rolla> heubi says he will update cvs soon
17:42 < huebi> rolla: I'm now updating. :)
17:42 < Mike1> huebi: great
17:42 < Mike1> huebi: lcd stuff included?
17:43 < huebi> Mike1: Not yet. I have a look at LCD later.
17:43 < rolla> cool
17:46 -!- Ge0rG [a@club-mate.net] has joined #rocklinux
18:03 < tcr> sorry, huebi, don't i'll be ready... 'cause i'm going to go out eating greek in half an hour
18:03 < aszlig> yeah!
18:03 < aszlig> strap 1 done!
18:04 < tcr> huebi: please take a look at http://www.freebits.de/trash/sonstiges/ROCK-Update/ ... and ask Mike1 if you have questions. Discussing about this issue must be defered
18:05 < Mike1> *gg*
18:13 < tcr> Mike1: btw. i dont think it's a good idea to create an own mailinglist
18:14 < tcr> this will divide the team only more into two pieces, imo
18:15 < Mike1> tcr: might be but there is a lot in the background
18:15 -!- zer0_o [~zer0_o@pop-be-4-2-dialup-65.freesurf.ch] has joined #rocklinux
18:16 < Mike1> you see in the current list 1.5 devs can't freely discuss as everyone keeps making flame wars or pushing to not add new features even when we need those features
18:17 < Mike1> tcr: some devs even need to send private mails to eachother so they can avoind negative comments from people that is not even doing work for 1.5
18:22 < th_> Mike1: i agree
18:22 < th_> Mike1, huebi: vim change done. we are now building two passes.
18:23 < Mike1> th_: explain please
18:23 < th_> huebi: if your build-order is somewhat "fixed" it should work
18:23 < Mike1> *g*
18:23 < Mike1> huebi: btw is commit finished already?
18:23 < th_> Mike1: building vim twice. creating gvim binary with --enable-gtk and stuff and vim binary with --without-x and --enable-gui=no
18:24 < th_> (and i committed that)
18:25 < Mike1> ah i see
18:25 < Mike1> th_: did you test it to work?
18:25 < th_> Mike1: yes
18:25 < Mike1> ok
18:26 < th_> Mike1: but i can't test the binary package. as it's created by huebi
18:26 < th_> Mike1: and please test it if you like...
18:26 < Mike1> th_: ok so thanks for ur contribution :)
18:26 < Mike1> th_: yes i will test it as soon as huebi finish his commit
18:30 < tcr> ok, i'm off now, see you tomorrow
18:30 -!- tcr [~tobrit@p50813BC8.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("Ho chresim eidos uch hoch poll eidos sphos")
18:31 * th_ is off now too...
18:37 -!- capone [~capone@208.165.55.133] has joined #rocklinux
18:37 < capone> re
18:37 < capone> http://www.geocities.com/emenesesr/notas.htm
18:37 < Mike1> re caponito
18:37 < capone> Mike1: !!
18:37 < capone> see that page, im Rhausser
18:37 < Mike1> si lo se
18:37 < capone> if i suck teacher dick, i think i could pass the course :)
18:38 < Mike1> 63.27
18:38 < Mike1> capone puta mae !
18:39 < capone> hehe
18:39 < capone> realemnte tengo un 64
18:39 < Mike1> still it sucks
18:39 < capone> falta subir un .8 a la nota
18:40 < capone> i need a 65
18:40 < capone> i need a 65
18:40 < capone> i love that preciated 65!
18:40 < Mike1> capone no seas tan guevon
18:40 < capone> that's my goal for today !
18:40 < Mike1> ponete las pilas
18:41 < capone> en serio, necesito hacer algo para subir esa nota un pequeno punto!
18:41 < capone> maldicion!
18:41 < Mike1> capone lo que necesitas es estudiar
18:41 < capone> habia un trabajo que no hice
18:41 < capone> solo porque valia un 1%
18:41 < Mike1> capone _CON TIEMPO_
18:41 < capone> y no me dio la gana hacerlo :(
18:41 < capone> ahora veo las consecuencias
18:41 < capone> nahh
18:41 < Mike1> mae pongase seria con la uni, sino mae solo estas perdiendo tu tiempo ahi
18:42 < capone> no p[ierdo materias desde el primer semestre
18:42 < Mike1> igual no me metere en tus asuntos personales, tu sbes que es lo que quieres para tu futuro
18:42 < capone> hasta ahora.
18:42 < capone> i know
18:42 < capone> pero.. tendre que llorarle al ma
18:42 < capone> mae
18:42 < Mike1> y espero sepas lo que cuesta mantenerse la you
18:42 < capone> que chicha!
18:42 < capone> y sino le da la gana!
18:43 < Mike1> capone: el mae no tiene la obligacion de ayudarte
18:43 < capone> una vez lo vasile en clase... talves no me pase por eso
18:43 < capone> solo porque le dije el chico java de artinsoft
18:43 < Mike1> si no te dio la gana de ser responzable porque al mae deberia de darle la gana de ayudarte
18:43 < capone> :(
18:43 < capone> pero
18:44 < capone> llorar
18:44 < capone> el que llora no mama
18:44 < capone> ese es el lema
18:44 < Mike1> capone just accept it my friend you fucked it all up
18:44 < capone> no
18:44 < capone> dunt say that
18:44 < Mike1> its the truth
18:44 < capone> ill try to pass tha course
18:44 < capone> dunt think so
18:45 < capone> well, have to leave for test
18:45 < capone> cya
18:45 -!- capone [~capone@208.165.55.133] has left #rocklinux ()
19:02 -!- LoriAW is now known as Lorini
19:02 < Mike1> re Lorini
19:02 < Lorini> re
19:02 < Lorini> and brb :)
19:06 -!- Satg [~satg@196.40.66.18] has joined #rocklinux
19:09 -!- zer0_o [~zer0_o@pop-be-4-2-dialup-65.freesurf.ch] has quit ()
19:21 < Mike1> ok i am hungry i will get me some food
19:23 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@aszlig.net] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
19:26 -!- rxr_ [~rene@port-212-202-171-166.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
19:27 -!- aszlig [~aszlig@aszlig.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:28 < aszlig> re
19:31 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-172-237.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
19:39 -!- Ge0rG_ [a@club-mate.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:40 -!- Ge0rG [a@club-mate.net] has quit (Remote closed the connection)
19:53 -!- Lorini_ [~Lorini@p3EE219DD.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
19:57 -!- Lorini [~Lorini@p3EE21895.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
20:08 -!- Parabull [~Parabull@62.99.178.159] has joined #rocklinux
20:24 < Mike1> re
20:24 < huebi> re Mike1
20:24 < Mike1> huebi: :)
20:24 * huebi still commiting
20:24 < Mike1> huebi: wow lots of work then
20:24 < Mike1> huebi: i dunno if you have seen changelog lately
20:25 < Mike1> i have been doing a little bit of work on the tree hope you dont mind
20:25 < huebi> hmm. My daughter wanted to play with me for a while. But you're right - lots of work
20:25 < Mike1> :)
20:26 < huebi> Mike1: I really appreciate all your work. Thank you. I just have to take care not to kill some changes in accident.
20:27 < Mike1> huebi: btw xfree86 was broken but i removed old patches and applied a new one to fix several sintax erros
20:27 < huebi> Mike1: kool. I take care of it.
20:30 < Mike1> huebi: dont worry i already did some days ago
20:32 < Mike1> huebi: off topic The linux kernel can be defined as:
20:32 < Mike1> a library? a single binary? a multiple binary?
20:33 < huebi> a single binary or with modules support added as single binary with loadable modules support.
20:34 < Mike1> ok thanks
20:34 < Mike1> huebi: i made a full build of base+opt+ext
20:34 < Mike1> 73 extensions are broken
20:35 < Mike1> should we fix them
20:35 < Mike1> ?
20:35 < huebi> if it's possible yes.
20:38 < Mike1> huebi: ok i will try to do it
20:38 < huebi> great.
20:38 < Mike1> i already fixed a cople
20:38 < Mike1> regarding the rock-stable lits... what do you think?
20:38 < Mike1> s/lits/list
20:41 < huebi> Mike1: I think it's a very good idea. The discussion will be done in a more polite and more kindly way. This will be a good help to find back fun in 1.6.
20:41 < Mike1> huebi: yes definitly
20:42 < Mike1> if Cliff doesnt create it i can setup on for us in my box
20:42 < Mike1> thought it will not be @rocklinux...
20:43 < huebi> Mike1: Or SMP could do it perhaps. But I better think clifford should do that. It's also a good think for him.
20:43 < Mike1> yes
20:44 < Mike1> because anyways wants the point on replying sh*t is they are not even developing for 1.5
20:47 -!- Ge0rG_ is now known as Ge0rG
20:47 < huebi> the spirit of 1.6 (I start now calling 1.5 1.6 because we will see a prerelaese of 1.6 in the near future, 2 to 4 weeks are estimated) is very different compared to 1.7. Usability and full funktion of all features is now the main goal.
20:48 < Mike1> yeah
20:49 < Mike1> lets wait gnome2.1 for 1.6.1
20:49 < Mike1> oh god
20:49 * Mike1 reading armijn's mail
20:49 * huebi logging into the mail server...
20:50 < Mike1> armijn words: ..."I don't
20:50 < Mike1> consider myself a ROCK developer anymore...it was fun, I learned a lot
20:50 < Mike1> of things, but I'm not happy with the way ROCK is being done and the
20:50 < Mike1> direction it's going. Sorry guys...
20:50 < Mike1> "  ...
20:52 < huebi> Mike1: If he means 1.7 - full ACK from me
20:53 < Mike1> huebi: yes he means 1.7
20:53 < Mike1> huebi: i think the ones that received that mail agree with him
20:54 < Mike1> otherwise we would have moved to 1.7 with the others
20:54 -!- Lorini_ is now known as LoriAW
20:54 < huebi> All people contributing to 1.5 have an other idea about STABLE as in 1.7 is used.
20:54 < Mike1> huebi: yes
20:55 < Mike1> i would like us to continue working on the tree even after 1.6.0 is released
20:55 < Mike1> i dont really see my self working on 1.7
20:57 < Mike1> huebi: have you already finished commit?
20:57 < huebi> Mike1: You can be sure I still continue my work on 1.6.0 after it is released. I like it's simpliticity and it's upcoming very high quality in code _and_ documentation. I started to do some work on the online documentation a few dazs ago with the new install disk images.
20:58 < huebi> Mike1: No, still commiting.
21:00 < Mike1> huebi: good, i hope i will be still allowed to be on the team after the release
21:00 < huebi> Mike1: Yes, of course you're very welcome in the 1.6 team.
21:00 < Mike1> 1.5 has just many things i like, there are also lots i want to improve but its getting just better with the days
21:00 -!- owl [~mail-spam@B518b.pppool.de] has joined #rocklinux
21:00 < owl> re
21:00 < Mike1> re owl
21:01 < owl> hi Mike1
21:01 < huebi> huhu owl :)))
21:01 * Mike1 give a BIG HUG to ....... himself
21:01 < owl> hi huebi.
21:01 < owl> Mike1: *g*
21:01 < owl> huebi: wie geht's?
21:03 < huebi> owl
21:03 < huebi> owl gut
21:05 * huebi on the phone with ripclaw
21:08 < Mike1> greetings to ripclaw from /me
21:21 < huebi>     re
21:22 < Mike1> re @ huebi
21:24 < owl> huebi: did you already use irmanager (/startup scripts for it)?
21:24 < huebi> owl: No, I didn't
21:25 < owl> huebi: ok. i guess you should kick the irmanager... cuz a) it doesn't work (at least for me) and b) it's obsolote
21:25 < huebi> owl: what's the package name?
21:26 < owl> pardon?
21:26 * Mike1 hehehe
21:26 < owl> Mike1: ?
21:26 < huebi> owl: is irmanager an extension? I'm not very familliar with the extensions.
21:27 < Mike1> owl: nothing just let me hehehe to myself
21:27 < huebi> *g*
21:27 < owl> Mike1: aeh. no. it's forbidden :P
21:27 < Mike1> owl: ok then explain wtf do you mean by irmanager
21:28 < Mike1> cuz obviosly huebi is not only one who has no clue what you are talking about
21:29 * Mike1 ready to bug huebi ... (again)
21:29 < Mike1> huebi: whats ci status? *ggg*
21:29 < owl> irmanager... *ggg* if you run "runlvedit" you can start "irda" --> this starts "irmanager"
21:29 < huebi> Mike1: answering a nice mail in the moment....
21:29 < Mike1> huebi: ah ok
21:30 < Mike1> owl: ah thats why :), /me doesn't use irda
21:30 < owl> Mike1: ;) ok. i saw the bug first time in 1.5.16... and now i'm using 1.5.19 - with the bug ;)
21:31 < fake> *foooozaboooh*
21:31 < Mike1> hi fake
21:31 < owl> hi fake. what do you mean?
21:31 < Mike1> owl: would you like to send a patch to fix that bug?
21:32 < huebi> *foooozaboooh* <- sound off a burned infra red diode.
21:32 < Mike1> *gg*
21:32 < fake> foozabooooh is the sound of fake, not knowing what to say ;)
21:33 < fake> (it would take one fake to find something better to say)
21:33 < Mike1> mm... the sound of a fake ...
21:33 < owl> Mike1: there's nothing to fix. you just have to remove the "irmanager" stuff (i guess it's not existent on the system... but not looked hard for it, yet) and then you have to use the irda-sourceforge-packages... the stuff which was done with irmanager (attaching irda-devices and so on) now is done by "irattach /dev/ttyS0 -s" and so on... and there are lots of funny configuration files, which might should included in rock...
21:34 < owl> fake: ah ja. *confused* ;P how are you, btw?
21:34 < Mike1> owl: so include the extension ?
21:35 < huebi> better as base package. It support directly common hardware
21:35 * Mike1 doesnt know much about irda so he remains quite
21:36 * owl knows nothing about irda and uses it ;P
21:36 < esden> cool I have ICQ ;-)
21:37 < owl> esden: ... for windows.... ;P
21:41 < esden> no for linux (licq)
21:41 < owl> esden: of course. i just wanted to hsok you a bit
21:41 < esden> :P
21:42 < Mike1> owl is windows icq good?
21:42 < owl> Mike1: i'm not using it.
21:42 < Mike1> owl: ah i thought you would know ...
21:43 < owl> Mike1: nope. i don't know it... :P
21:44 < Mike1> ok
21:44 < owl> s/know/use
21:47 < fake> *Mwaahahahaahahaha*
21:47 < fake> owl: i am semi-fine. how are you?
21:48 < owl> fake: i'm great. thx. what's wrong? did the school almost kill you?
21:49 < fake> no way, the school was very relaxing.
21:49 < fake> it's almost like holiday...
21:49 < owl> fake: haha. did you sleep during the lessons?
21:52 < owl> *grrr* someone knows where i can get the AT-command-set for siemens mobile-phones?
21:52 < huebi> owl: www.siemens.com?
21:52 < owl> are you sure?
21:53 < huebi> no
21:53 < owl> ok. then it's not my fault that i can't find the docu...
21:54 < Mike1> owl www.google.de?
21:55 < owl> hm..
21:57 < aszlig> this person loves spam: cbcreativ@t-online.de
21:57 < fake> cbcreativ@t-online.de
21:58 < aszlig> please search some xxx porn sites and subscribe this mail address to it, thax
22:39 < Mike1> hmpf
22:39 -!- owl [~mail-spam@B518b.pppool.de] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
22:45 -!- Freak [freak@pD9E398CC.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
22:56 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A13.dip.t-dialin.net] has joined #rocklinux
22:58 -!- temr [~pm@pD958BBCD.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("zz")
23:04 * Mike1 wonders if huebis commit is ready ...
23:04 * huebi still commiting
23:08 < Mike1> wow
23:09 < huebi> Mike1: scripts and subdisks is finished.
23:09 < Mike1> good
23:09 < Mike1> huebi: still i want to wait till everything is up
23:09 < Mike1> so i run a new build
23:10 < huebi> ACK
23:10 < Mike1> btw why did we update to xfree 4.1 and not 4.2?
23:11 < huebi> Mike1: it should be 4.2.1
23:11 < Mike1> mm...
23:11 < Mike1> somehow i had the feeling it was 4.1
23:11 * Mike1 checking
23:13 < Mike1> huebi: yeah you are right sorry for the missundertanding
23:14 < huebi> ok
23:14 * Mike1 back to dh_make work
23:17 -!- EpA [net@epa.sponsor.freenode] has joined #rocklinux
23:19 < Mike1> huebi: should we wait till 1.6.0 release to include gnome2.1?
23:19 < EpA> Hey people, can you guys help me.. I got a user who was assigned uid 0 , where can I see more logs about how this became?
23:19 < huebi> Mike1: I would like it be in 1.6.0
23:19 < Mike1> hi EpA
23:20 < Mike1> huebi: mm... i have been working around this but i dont think it will be happy enought with the results before 4 weeks from now
23:20 < Mike1> huebi: job is getting on the way
23:20 < EpA> hello Mike1
23:20 < Mike1> EpA: /home/<user>/.bash_history ?
23:20 < Mike1> /var/log/messages ?
23:20 < huebi> Mike1: Ok then it goes in 1.6.1. But gnome2 is a must for sparc64
23:21 < EpA> Mike1: nope.. the user wasnt created with a home directory
23:21 < Mike1> huebi: yeah i know
23:21 < Mike1> EpA: then /var/log/messages is ur friend
23:21 < aszlig> rehi
23:22 < aszlig> does somebody have the binaries needed for compiling rock
23:22 < Mike1> aszlig: #define binaries
23:22 < aszlig> optimizedi for i386
23:22 < EpA> Mike1: i didnt know that kind of log was also in /var/messages .. thanks
23:22 < aszlig> Mike1: like grep, sed, gcc, awk...
23:22 < aszlig> make..
23:23 < aszlig> ld, and so on..
23:26 * aszlig forces all persons in the channel to reply with "yes i have MASS of it"!
23:27 -!- Netsplit vinge.freenode.net <-> irc.freenode.net quits: EpA, ichilton, rolla_home, hackbard
23:27 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-172-237.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has quit (Connection timed out)
23:27 -!- Netsplit over, joins: EpA, hackbard, rolla_home, ichilton
23:29 < Mike1> aszlig: already build?
23:29 < Mike1> EpA: no problem
23:29 < Mike1> EpA: is now a sysadmin?
23:29 < Mike1> huebi: btw i will get an ultra 10 from rolla so that will help a lot >_<
23:29 < huebi> great.
23:29 < aszlig> Mike1: yes :)
23:30 < Mike1> aszlig: i think i do let me look
23:31 -!- rxr [~rene@port-212-202-171-89.reverse.qdsl-home.de] has joined #rocklinux
23:32 < aszlig> Mike1: thx
23:32 < Freak> lalala
23:33 -!- Freak [freak@pD9530A13.dip.t-dialin.net] has quit ("I might have a bzflag session..")
23:34 < Mike1> lelele
23:34 -!- EpA [net@epa.sponsor.freenode] has quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
23:35 -!- EpA [net@epa.sponsor.freenode] has joined #rocklinux
23:38 < Mike1> huebi: BTW could you get a bootable 1.5 install cd for sparc64?
23:39 < Mike1> my old 1.5.12 cds arent that helpfull anymore
23:39 < huebi> Mike1: Yes, in the next dazs
23:39 < Mike1> huebi: cool danke :)
23:48 < rolla_home> re mike
23:50 < Mike1> re rolla_home
23:56 < EpA> Is there anyway I can know who owned a PID that is now killed?
--- Log closed Thu Nov 28 00:00:18 2002