[03:01] madtux (i=miguel@pf0.hostarica.com) left irc: "Leaving"
[03:35] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[03:44] SteffenP (i=steffen@p549950E1.dip.t-dialin.net) left irc: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)
[03:49] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) joined #rocklinux.
[04:37] SteffenP (i=steffen@p54995578.dip.t-dialin.net) joined #rocklinux.
[04:48] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) left irc: Remote closed the connection
[05:01] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) joined #rocklinux.
[05:21] steffen_ (i=steffen@p5499661E.dip.t-dialin.net) joined #rocklinux.
[05:23] SteffenP (i=steffen@p54995578.dip.t-dialin.net) left irc: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)
[07:53] steffen_ (i=steffen@p5499661E.dip.t-dialin.net) left irc: "http://www.bomberclone.de"
[09:10] <blindcoder> AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
[09:10] Action: blindcoder gets eye-cancer
[09:10] <blindcoder> I was just forced to update to Office 2003...
[09:11] <blindcoder> hell, compared to that, even KDE looks like a decent black-and-white user interface...
[09:27] <[raphael]> blindcoder: trying to tell us what exactly?
[09:29] <blindcoder> nothing in particular
[09:48] <[raphael]> blindcoder: do you know if I can optimize for a PIII on an Athlon ?
[09:51] <blindcoder> [raphael]: should work
[09:54] <[raphael]> thx... and, is KDE 3.5 currently in the works?
[09:54] <[raphael]> I would be volunteering to do a KDE 3.5 testbuild
[09:54] <blindcoder> [raphael]: daja77 and netrunner are doing work there
[10:51] <daja77> the kde update patch is already in submaster
[10:54] <[raphael]> daja77: and I can apply it locally to test it?
[10:55] <daja77> i think so
[11:08] <netrunner> [raphael]: I use 3.5 already on 3 machines :)
[11:08] Action: netrunner can recommend building hal and dbus before building kde 3.5 
[11:09] <daja77> should we flag them as core?
[11:09] <netrunner> imho yes
[11:09] <[raphael]> netrunner: oh, fine :)
[11:10] <[raphael]> netrunner: was this just with the patch from submaster?
[11:10] <[raphael]> any other patches needed?
[11:10] <netrunner> [raphael]: I can recommend all my patches in sm :)
[11:10] <[raphael]> hehe :)
[11:11] <daja77> netrunner: send a patch ;)
[11:12] <netrunner> daja77: first I want to have them in.
[11:14] <[raphael]> netrunner: how long do you think does it take until your sm patches get into svn ?
[11:15] <daja77> when the next reference build is finished
[11:19] <[raphael]> ETA?
[11:19] <daja77> no idea
[11:19] <daja77> but actually it does'nt matter much
[11:20] <daja77> you can use the patch and kde now ;)
[11:28] <[raphael]> daja77: what's the URL to the patch?
[11:28] <[raphael]> (I fail to find submaster...)
[11:29] <daja77> https://www.rocklinux.net/submaster/data//2005/12/0911550500691.patch
[11:29] <daja77> https://www.rocklinux.net/submaster/smadm.cgi?i=2005120910105109496
[11:30] <[raphael]> daja77: is the second one required for kde? (or required for sth else?)
[11:31] <daja77> the first link is the plain patch and the second to the sm frontpage for that patch
[11:32] <[raphael]> daja77: I see, well, they are not the same, but thanks anyway
[11:32] <daja77> aah d'oh i picked the one above
[11:32] <daja77> https://www.rocklinux.net/submaster/smadm.cgi?i=2005120911550500691
[12:06] blindcod1r (n=blindcod@dslb-084-059-044-045.pools.arcor-ip.net) joined #rocklinux.
[12:07] blindcoder (n=blindcod@dslb-084-059-042-131.pools.arcor-ip.net) left irc: Nick collision from services.
[12:07] Nick change: blindcod1r -> blindcoder
[12:15] <netrunner> why is our qt compiled without stl support?
[12:16] <blindcoder> because the dice said so
[12:25] <netrunner> my qt40 has big problems. I will remove all those custom confopts for it for a try.
[12:25] Action: netrunner likes scons
[12:32] <daja77> why?
[12:33] <blindcoder> netrunner: build an autodetection mechanism for ROCK :)
[12:33] <daja77> blindcoder: rock does it already
[12:34] <netrunner> daja77: what does rock?
[12:36] <blindcoder> daja77: I though only configure, Makefile, setup.py and makefile.PL
[12:37] <daja77> iirc there is scons support
[12:37] <netrunner> I said I like scons because I wrote a build system for a project here using scons, and it was the easiest and most straightforward I ever did :)
[12:37] <netrunner> simply just spezifying the source files :)
[12:37] <daja77> but scons is crap that's why it isn't working in the same way for each project
[12:37] <daja77> scons is just a makefile with easier syntax
[12:39] <netrunner> daja77: it includes magic for e.g. qt 
[12:39] <netrunner> daja77: why do you think it is crap? it works nicely ...
[12:40] <daja77> because it does no real autotools like checks, if you want to change sth you have to edit the scons file, no command line flags etc.
[12:41] <netrunner> daja77: it supports checks as well as command line flags.
[12:42] <daja77> perhaps i know an older version ...
[12:50] [raphael] (n=raphael@host-84-235-196-162.satlynx.net) left irc: "using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.12"
[12:57] <daja77> http://www.isnichwahr.com/redirect5714.html
[12:58] Action: netrunner reading qt source ...     static bool beenHereDoneThat = false;
[12:58] <daja77> lol
[13:19] madtux (i=miguel@pf0.hostarica.com) joined #rocklinux.
[13:19] <madtux> moin
[13:19] <daja77> hi miguel
[13:19] <madtux> :)
[13:20] <netrunner> moin maddy
[13:22] <netrunner> hehe, it looks good that on rl.net the linux advisory section is empty :)
[13:22] <daja77> ^^
[13:26] <blindcoder> moin madtux 
[13:33] <madtux> how is it going guys?
[13:34] <blindcoder> oh, nicely
[13:34] <blindcoder> just that my hoped-for two more vacation days next Monday and Tuesday are in question
[13:38] <madtux> What are they questioning? its simple... either they keep blindy happy or the systems will start to crash magically.
[13:38] <madtux> its simple.
[13:39] <blindcoder> hehe
[13:39] <blindcoder> I'm not in that kind of work :P
[13:39] <blindcoder> but as it is now I'll probably get my vacation
[13:39] <madtux> i said it would happen magically... never said u would have anything to do with it
[13:39] <blindcoder> either it is: "The order was wrong, we need another package of foo. ETA: 4 weeks"
[13:40] <madtux> hehe
[13:40] <blindcoder> or it is: "The configuration was wrong. Do it this way (which I'm alreday doing) and ship on Friday (which I will)."
[13:40] <madtux> :)
[13:41] <blindcoder> I just have to get that through the sk÷ull of $PHB
[13:44] <madtux> :)
[14:42] <demian> gd morning
[14:47] <blindcoder> moin demian 
[15:01] markuman (n=supermar@p50926BD7.dip.t-dialin.net) joined #rocklinux.
[15:04] <blindcoder> What do you want to sacrifice? [git or ?*]
[15:04] <blindcoder> eat THAT, Linus!
[16:13] mnemoc (n=amery@200.75.27.72) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[16:14] mnemoc (n=amery@200.75.27.40) joined #rocklinux.
[18:32] <blindcoder> humm
[18:32] <blindcoder> I'll be damned if all these updates will work out of the box...
[18:34] <clifford> blindcoder: I've built them on my machine here.
[18:35] <clifford> we will see if they cause any regressions in other packages after my next ref build.
[18:35] <blindcoder> yeah, that's what I mean
[18:36] <clifford> we will pretty sure have some regressions, but most updates are minor ones, so..
[18:37] <blindcoder> okay
[18:37] Action: blindcoder enjoying a "Schillerlocke" in the meantime :)
[18:51] madtux (i=miguel@pf0.hostarica.com) left irc: "Leaving"
[19:21] Action: daja77 is still fixing some packages that have problems with gcc4
[19:25] Action: blindcoder packaging and setting up tor...
[19:33] <daja77> yeah good idea today
[19:34] <blindcoder> libevent... check
[19:34] <blindcoder> tor... check
[19:34] <blindcoder> privoxy... compiling
[19:38] <blindcoder> hmm
[19:38] <blindcoder> /usr/src/rock-3.0-bc/build/default-TRUNK-x86-generic-expert/ROCK/tools.native/wrapper/install -c -m 0755   strip privoxy /usr/sbin
[19:38] <blindcoder> somehow, this looks wrong
[20:17] <blindcoder> looks nice so far
[20:17] <blindcoder> ass-slow
[20:17] <blindcoder> but nice
[20:33] <blindcoder> patches committed to submaster
[20:37] <blindcoder> okay, tor up and running on laptop
[20:37] <blindcoder> the main machine is due tomorrow
[20:37] <blindcoder> because I'm lazy now
[20:52] <blindcoder> humm
[20:52] <blindcoder> this tor thingie is reaallyyyy sloooo....w
[20:53] <blindcoder> (1500 bytes per seond from sourceforge mirrors)
[21:00] <clifford> blindcoder: can you re-send the "tor, libevent and privoxy" without libevent?
[21:00] <blindcoder> sure, but why?
[21:00] <clifford> .. I want to add libevent as CORE package in the base repository.
[21:00] <blindcoder> ah
[21:00] <clifford> (new nfs-utils needs it)
[21:01] <blindcoder> yeah, tor needs it, too ;)
[21:02] <blindcoder> clifford: will you send libevent or should I do it?
[21:02] <clifford> I'll do (will include your name in changelog)
[21:03] <blindcoder> clifford: ah, forget it, already sent the patch to submaster :)
[21:03] <blindcoder> Less with the talking, more with the doing :)
[21:03] <clifford> wrong priority.
[21:04] <blindcoder> damn :(
[21:04] <blindcoder> okay, I'll leave it to you then :)
[21:04] <clifford> and wront category for a core package.. ;-)
[21:05] <blindcoder> yeah, they should be base/library
[21:05] <blindcoder> btw, why is there no extra/library?
[21:05] <blindcoder> although I'm sure that question has been answered a few thousand times already...
[21:06] <clifford> e.g. a networking library should go to extra/network
[21:06] <clifford> or to base/library
[21:06] <clifford> .. but there is no base/networking and no extra/library
[21:07] <blindcoder> ah, okay
[21:09] <clifford> hmm.. now I need libnfsidmap for new nfs-utils.
[21:09] <clifford> I wanted to update existing packages. Not add new ones.. ;-)
[21:09] <blindcoder> hehe, bad luck
[21:09] <blindcoder> guess I'll send the mplayer update, it looks quite stable
[21:10] <blindcoder> not that I like using snapshots of it, but there's no real way around it
[21:10] <netrunner> re
[21:14] <clifford> hmmm.. this libnfsidmap needs openldap.
[21:14] <clifford> So I need OpenLDAP to run NFSv4 ?
[21:14] <blindcoder> o_O
[21:15] Action: blindcoder votes for sticking to v3
[21:16] <netrunner> clifford: well, it's probably optional. but if we flag everything as core that can possibly be used ...
[21:16] markuman (n=supermar@p50926BD7.dip.t-dialin.net) left irc: "http://www.linwiki.org - wiki around os linux!! #linwiki"
[21:17] <clifford> netrunner: no, it's not. libnfsidmap really needs ldap.h.
[21:27] <netrunner> where do those numbers in splitreg come from?
[21:30] <clifford> netrunner: splitreg ?
[21:32] <netrunner> clifford: for package splitting. 
[21:32] <clifford> prorities (for ordering)
[21:32] <clifford> see comment in scripts/functions
[21:35] <netrunner> I just wondered why e.g. apache uses 80 onwards, subversion starts from 50 ...
[21:35] <clifford> see scripts/Build-Pkg:
[21:35] <clifford> splitreg 40 dev '(/lib/.*\.(la|a|o)$|/include/)'
[21:36] <clifford> splitreg 60 doc '/share/doc/'
[21:44] <netrunner> blindcoder: could you justify updating mplayer to a cvs version?
[21:45] <blindcoder> netrunner: I didn't get playing .mp4 files running otherwise
[21:45] <netrunner> clifford: so if I want to avoid a file being misplaced, I need to add a splitreg with higher prio
[21:48] <blindcoder> anyway, I'm off
[21:48] <blindcoder> bye
[21:49] <clifford> netrunner: afair the splits with a lower number are used. but I'm not sure now. -> try it out.
[21:50] <netrunner> clifford: currently doing. unfortunately with a package that builds for 1.5h :) modification of existing worked. new not. I'll see...
[22:05] reinaldo__ (n=reinaldo@pc-23-24-104-200.cm.vtr.net) joined #rocklinux.
[22:41] reinaldo__ (n=reinaldo@pc-23-24-104-200.cm.vtr.net) left #rocklinux ("Leaving").
[23:18] <daja77> hm the current cinepaint version was easy to fix but the update doesn't work
[23:23] kasc_ (n=kasc@dslb-084-060-124-217.pools.arcor-ip.net) joined #rocklinux.
[23:30] kasc (n=kasc@dslb-084-060-100-028.pools.arcor-ip.net) left irc: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)
[23:30] Nick change: kasc_ -> kasc
[00:00] --- Thu Dec 15 2005