[00:13] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) left irc: Remote closed the connection
[00:13] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) joined #rocklinux.
[00:37] blindcod1r (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-3b3c8f088411d3c6) joined #rocklinux.
[00:38] blindcoder (i=id@tor/session/x-130cbb4bd44cf5f4) left irc: Nick collision from services.
[00:38] Nick change: blindcod1r -> blindcoder
[01:16] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-034-205.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) left irc: "using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.12"
[01:23] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-3b3c8f088411d3c6) left irc: Remote closed the connection
[01:28] mnemoc (n=amery@user4-2.tutopia-dialup.ifxnw.cl) left irc: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)
[01:40] mnemoc (n=amery@200.73.88.2) joined #rocklinux.
[01:53] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor.cs.rice.edu) joined #rocklinux.
[01:55] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor.cs.rice.edu) left irc: Killed by Idoru. (Sorry, tor connections to freenode are temporarily blocked due to abuse.)
[02:13] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-034-205.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) joined #rocklinux.
[02:13] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-034-205.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) left irc: Remote closed the connection
[02:17] kasc_ (n=kasc@dslb-084-060-109-110.pools.arcor-ip.net) joined #rocklinux.
[02:20] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-034-205.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) joined #rocklinux.
[02:27] kasc (n=kasc@dslb-084-060-101-089.pools.arcor-ip.net) left irc: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)
[02:27] Nick change: kasc_ -> kasc
[02:30] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-12f485936fbcb328) joined #rocklinux.
[02:39] feistel (n=feistel@200.125.101.160) joined #rocklinux.
[03:03] feistel (n=feistel@200.125.101.160) left #rocklinux.
[04:05] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-12f485936fbcb328) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[04:18] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-4db10c0ec759b32e) joined #rocklinux.
[04:39] Demian (n=demian@201.206.44.210) left #rocklinux.
[07:03] <netrunner> moin.
[10:26] daja77 (n=daja77@dslb-088-072-044-034.pools.arcor-ip.net) joined #rocklinux.
[10:38] daja77_ (n=daja77@dslb-088-072-043-156.pools.arcor-ip.net) left irc: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)
[10:41] ija_ (n=ija@84.19.218.119) joined #rocklinux.
[10:56] ija (n=ija@84.19.218.173) left irc: Read error: 113 (No route to host)
[11:03] <netrunner> why is build/bla always 700?
[11:03] <netrunner> it's a bit hard since ROCK/pkgs subdir is used for remote install ...
[11:04] <owl> moin
[11:46] <th> 340 builds total, 329 completed fine, 0 with errors.
[11:58] <netrunner> noone noticed that with new udev thingie hotplug does not work any more?
[11:58] <th> what exactly does not work?
[11:59] <netrunner> th: nothing. udev does not pass arguments when calling hotplug, so it just does nothing.
[11:59] <netrunner> th: hotplug expects the subsystem as single argument, which udev passes as env $SUBSYSTEM
[12:00] <netrunner> th: editing /etc/hotplug.d/default/default.hotplug and changing to use this env var fixes that.
[12:01] <th> hmm
[12:01] <th> i guess i never used hotplug
[12:01] <netrunner> I need it for modprobe ipw2100 to bring up my if
[12:02] <netrunner> I'll send a proposal to sm
[12:05] <th> ok
[12:06] <th> 340 builds total, 337 completed fine, 0 with errors.
[12:06] <th> looks good!
[12:09] <th> Finished building this target.
[12:09] <th> 340 builds total, 340 completed fine, 0 with errors.
[12:10] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-4db10c0ec759b32e) left irc: "/lusr/bin/brain: received signal: SIGIDIOT"
[12:10] blindcoder (n=blindcod@149.9.0.21) joined #rocklinux.
[12:11] blindcoder (n=blindcod@tor/session/x-fafb4a59e467a363) left irc: Client Quit
[12:12] blindcoder (n=blindcod@149.9.0.21) joined #rocklinux.
[12:12] <th> iso upload in progress
[12:12] <th> ETA 40min
[12:12] <blindcoder> hrmpf
[12:12] <blindcoder> okay, this should be fine now
[12:14] <netrunner> sent. not tested in a build, please test.
[12:15] <blindcoder> so
[12:15] <blindcoder> I guess xorg is just broken then?
[12:22] <netrunner> blindcoder: what's wrong with it?
[12:23] <netrunner> cool, gaim 2.0.0-beta3
[12:26] <blindcoder> netrunner: there's no xterm binary
[12:27] <netrunner> blindcoder: design. it is now an external package
[12:28] <blindcoder> ...
[12:28] <blindcoder> is there a patch already?
[12:28] <th> blindcoder: it's already in trunk i think
[12:29] <th> IIRC i committed it with my last journal
[12:29] <blindcoder> ah, there it is
[12:29] <blindcoder> thanks
[12:29] <blindcoder> somehow xorg is becoming worse and worse
[12:31] <netrunner> blindcoder: I think it's ok to seperate x server from clients.
[12:31] <th> ack
[12:31] <blindcoder> netrunner: xorg 7 has how many... 270 packages?
[12:32] <netrunner> blindcoder: brrrr
[12:33] <netrunner> blindcoder: start adding them :)
[12:33] <blindcoder> netrunner: I prefer to wait until someone with a clue whacks the xorg people
[12:36] <blindcoder> anyway
[12:36] <blindcoder> lunchtime
[12:39] <netrunner> blindcoder: it's not so bad that they decided to change to auto tools.
[12:48] <netrunner> blindcoder: my atd always dies because it has no rights on the job spool files ...
[12:50] <fake> moin
[12:52] <fake> netrunner: just dump your ipw2100 firmware in /lib/firmware. udev's /lib/udev/scripts/firmware_helper will load it.
[12:52] <fake> th: eagerly awaiting your iso!
[12:52] <th> 86%
[12:53] <th> ETA 6 minutes
[12:53] <fake> kewl
[12:53] <netrunner> fake: but it will not bring up my interface
[12:54] <fake> netrunner: you can write a udev rule for that
[12:55] <fake> netrunner: SUBSYSTEM=="net", RUN+="/usr/sbin/ifup %k"
[12:55] <fake> or so
[12:55] <fake> ACTION=="add"
[12:55] <fake> is missing
[12:56] <fake> netrunner: and, besides, i don't want my interfaces to be brought up when the corresponding driver is loaded
[12:57] <netrunner> fake: I do :)
[12:58] Action: netrunner trying rule approach
[12:59] <fake> netrunner: you can even match devices by mac address
[12:59] <fake> netrunner: there is an example somewhere...
[13:00] <netrunner> if it works I don't care :)
[13:05] <netrunner> hm, seems to work. ok.
[13:05] <netrunner> I'll discard it after lunch.
[13:09] <th> http://iso.rocklinux.de/rock-ftp/official/test-releases/20060331th-crystal.iso
[13:09] <fake> netrunner: nice ;)
[13:10] <fake> th: download running
[13:45] <th> fake: 1020760958
[13:45] <th> (cksum)
[14:02] <fake> th: finished
[14:02] <fake> 1020760958
[14:02] <fake> ok
[14:04] <fake> th: i'm still waiting for your openROCK mail ;)
[14:09] <th> openROCK mail?
[14:09] <th> ahhhh
[14:09] <th> yea
[14:09] <th> i'm a bit pissed because delivery got delayed agian
[14:10] <fake> grml...
[14:11] <th> fake: but i'll start to compile a feature list right now.
[14:24] <netrunner> th: is rescue disk still maintained?
[14:36] <th> netrunner: you mean the tar target?
[14:36] <th> netrunner: sort of yes.
[14:37] <netrunner> ok.
[14:37] <th> will need to put all the udev stuff
[14:38] <th> netrunner: and i think this will happen after initramfs
[15:22] Nick change: ija_ -> ija
[15:32] <th> fake: "udevd-event[1652]: run_program: exec of program '/sbin/vol_id' failed
[15:32] <th> fake: you say this is intended??
[15:34] <th> blindcoder: so your user/group manager asks if the user needs a password to login but does not offer to set one?
[15:45] <fake> th: this is a known issue, not a bug
[15:45] <th> fake: ok.
[15:45] <fake> th: in the initrd, there is no vol_id (and no path_id, ...)
[15:46] <th> fake: no problem. i hope to have the initrd obsoleted soon
[15:46] <fake> th: fix is to only copy 2 udev rules files
[15:46] <fake> th: the early and the devfs rules
[15:46] <fake> th: into the initrd.
[15:54] <th> why do we put an extraversion string to our kernel?
[15:55] <fake> because we apply some patches
[15:55] <th> why do we apply some patches?
[15:55] <th> 82-raid5-niceer-output.patch
[15:55] <th> now that rocks ;)
[15:55] <fake> th: no idea, because they fix stuff?
[15:56] <th> the first thing i do after installing rock is downloading sources for vanilla kernel and building.
[15:56] <th> obviously i never needed any of these patches
[15:57] <th> fake: do you need any of these patches?
[15:58] <daja77> i needed the devfs patches in the past
[15:59] <th> daja77: why?
[15:59] <th> or: what did they fix?
[15:59] <daja77> because devfs was disabled in the kernel and stuff
[15:59] <th> it was disabled?
[15:59] <th> and you needed a patch to kernel sources to enable it?
[16:00] <th> shouldn't that be done by .config?
[16:00] <daja77> yes and there was a fix in it i forgot about
[16:00] <th> hmmm - i dont say that we should not fix serious issues. but i'm a bit confused because i never needed any
[16:01] <daja77> selinux perhaps
[16:01] <th> you dont thing that we should ship a selinux kernel by default?
[16:01] <th> s/thing/think/
[16:01] <th> do you?
[16:02] <daja77> well I'd like to have an option in Config to enable it ..
[16:02] <th> that would be fine with me.
[16:02] <daja77> ah yes and i hate it that our config disables my pcmcia cards
[16:02] <th> i'm only fighting the patches which get applied by default
[16:03] <daja77> oh ic
[16:03] <th> and i hate not having /proc/config.gz
[16:03] <daja77> yep
[16:03] <th> after installing a rock kernel without specifying anything else - i'd like to have a vanilla kernel
[16:06] <th> daja77: would autoconf.h be the correct place to add pcmcia and PROC_CONFIG?
[16:06] <daja77> no idea
[16:07] <daja77> i only enabled rtai kernel options in rock so far
[16:09] <fake> th: the patch for devfs made the devfs option enabled when you do a make defconfig
[16:09] <fake> th: and we need for example cramfs enabled
[16:09] <fake> th: also, there is a ext{2,3} extension from clifford that never made it into the kernel
[16:09] <th> fake: why not have a .config as default option and do `yes ""|make oldconfig` with it?
[16:16] <clifford> oops.
[16:17] <clifford> netrunner: pls ignore the SMNG mail regarding patch 2006021416201427153
[16:21] <netrunner> clifford: ack
[16:22] <fake> th: because when a user uses the source tree, for example, cramfs should be in his 'make defconfig'
[16:23] <fake> th: and maintaining a .config is a more workloaded task then you might think
[16:23] <th> fake: not a complete one.
[16:23] <fake> th: a multi-platform .config is near impossible...
[16:24] <th> so we patch the kernel source to make sure a dummy user doing `defconfig` has something different than linux' defconfig
[16:28] <fake> in cases where it is needed
[16:28] <fake> th: installing your iso (finally, lots of traffic @office today)
[16:29] <th> my personal opinion is that a dummy user should either use the package provided (which can make sure that he configure correctly) or know what he's doing
[16:29] <fake> th: i'd be much more interested in remving the alsa-driver package
[16:29] <th> patching kernel so that users cant do things wrong sucks
[16:30] <daja77> you still can
[16:30] <fake> th: can you start a thread on -devel about this? it's kinda important
[16:30] <fake> (not the alsa-driver removal, the kernel patching stuff)
[16:30] <daja77> you just won't do it by default ;)
[16:31] <th> daja77: i dont quite understand
[16:31] <daja77> th: you can still change the defaults set by these patches as far as i can see it
[16:34] <th> daja77: ahh ok.
[16:35] <th> daja77: well my point was not that we shouldn't make failures impossible but the patching itself ;)
[16:35] <daja77> yes an I think they are possible ;)
[16:35] <th> of course
[16:36] <th> and they should be.
[16:36] <th> people should be able to make errors to learn from
[16:36] <th> if we try to prevent any possible problem - then rock users would not learn linux but rock
[16:36] <daja77> we speak of a few issues here, not a huge changeset
[16:37] <th> of course - it's all about principles
[16:38] <daja77> and to make that thing clear, if we don't do these patches but need some requirements in config, we have to document them, e.g. by have a kernel guide, or faq or sth
[16:38] <daja77> for things we have done
[16:38] <th> blindcoder: kdmrc:MinShowUID=500
[16:39] <th> blindcoder: you're user/group manager started to create users at uid=440
[16:39] <th> blindcoder: (which is a strange choice anyways)
[16:39] <th> blindcoder: so this makes users created with that tool not appear on kdm
[16:39] <th> daja77: we have to do that anyways!
[16:39] <daja77> th: ack
[16:39] <th> daja77: else people cant download their own source
[16:39] <th> daja77: so that's no argument for patching but against patching
[16:40] <daja77> th: i just wanted to mention it, because one forgets too easily about
[16:40] <daja77> and yes i'd fine with that
[16:41] <daja77> atm i just do rocket emerge linux26-source
[16:41] <netrunner> fake: did you try kde build without paranoia?
[16:41] <netrunner> usr/bin/kview: kdegraphics vim
[16:41] <daja77> netrunner: have you built vim with kde support?
[16:42] <th> kde-panel icons work; multimedia category issue fixed.
[16:42] <netrunner> daja77: it's some time since I built this vim, but yes.
[16:43] <netrunner> ah, in my recent generic there is no /usr/bin/kview ...
[16:43] <daja77> netrunner: i made an update to vim some time ago and disabled kde support because it is broken anyway
[16:43] <netrunner> aha.
[16:43] <netrunner> daja77: kvim is there, just no kview which conflicted with kdegraphics
[16:43] <daja77> messy fonts and lots of crashes
[16:44] <daja77> never had this
[16:52] Action: daja77 whistles
[16:53] <blindcoder> th: that means that the last user in your system has the uid 439
[16:56] <th> blindcoder: openldap:x:439:439:openldap:/opt/openldap:/bin/false
[16:56] <th> i did not do this
[16:57] <th> blindcoder: i think you should obey /etc/login.defs which defines UID_MIN=1000
[16:57] <th> blindcoder: perhaps you should just use useradd as a backend
[16:57] <blindcoder> th: login.defs? never heard. should have a look at that
[16:58] <owl> hi blindcoder 
[16:58] <th> # /etc/login.defs - Configuration control definitions for the shadow package.
[16:58] <fake> th: now there's still a 'plugdev' group missing, and /dev/cdroms/* needs to be removed from fstab
[16:58] <blindcoder> th: I do
[16:58] <blindcoder> owl: moin
[16:58] <fake> th: but the rest is fixed (nice!)
[16:58] <th> blindcoder: but not for determining the uid
[16:59] <blindcoder> th: useradd can do that?
[16:59] <fake> blindcoder: useradd gets passed a uid
[16:59] <th> blindcoder: just do `useradd foobar` and you have a new user
[16:59] <blindcoder> yesyesyes
[16:59] <th> blindcoder: and it will start with 1000
[16:59] <blindcoder> and now I want to add a user with the ID 225
[16:59] <blindcoder> how do I do that?
[16:59] <blindcoder> HM?
[16:59] <th> blindcoder: useradd -u 225 foo
[17:00] <blindcoder> yeah, but I have to determine the default uid somehowe
[17:00] <th> why?
[17:00] <blindcoder> so as to use the stone module for all user additions?
[17:01] <th> i'm missing colors in my alsamixer
[17:02] <th> that's new in this build
[17:02] <th> blindcoder: i'm afraid i dont understand
[17:02] <th> blindcoder: just make the question for the uid optional
[17:03] <netrunner> th: maybe your TERM does not say you have colors?
[17:03] <th> netrunner: well. i think i changed nothing with my TERM
[17:03] <fake> th: w8
[17:03] <th> netrunner: there is nothing in the journal-diff
[17:03] <blindcoder> th: what about just grepping for UID_MIN from login.defs and setting that value into the min_uid for the stone module?
[17:03] <blindcoder> th: or is that deemed too easy?
[17:04] <th> blindcoder: that would be too complicated.
[17:04] <th> blindcoder: but ok
[17:04] <th> blindcoder: because this is causing redundancy
[17:04] <th> blindcoder: just doing a frontend for useradd and not handing over the uid if none is specified would suffice
[17:05] <blindcoder> so how would I create a user of the uid 225?
[17:05] <th> blindcoder: by specifying that userid 
[17:05] <th> blindcoder: and passing -u 225 to useradd
[17:05] <fake> th: i can't test it. our rc4 alsa-driver Ooopses the kernel if i load snd_intel8x0. sorry.
[17:05] <th> blindcoder: and if nothing is specified.. you dont pass any -u
[17:05] <fake> (damn shit)
[17:05] Action: daja77 kicks googlemail
[17:05] <th> fake: i rebuilt a vanilla kernel before testing
[17:06] <th> daja77: what's with gmail?
[17:06] <daja77> server error
[17:06] <th> it COULD be related to xterm. but it's also in Konsole
[17:06] <th> daja77: i cant confirm that
[17:06] <blindcoder> I'll look later
[17:06] <daja77> ah now it works again
[17:06] <fake> th: can we *PLEASE* kick the GODDAM alsa-driver package? it's in the kernel, damnit!
[17:07] <daja77> fake: hm iirc the driver package was/is newer than in the kernel?
[17:07] <th> fake: i wont object.
[17:07] <fake> daja77: fuck newer
[17:07] <th> fake: we can keep it as non-core for the freaks who need newer versions than available in kernel
[17:07] <fake> daja77: there are newer bits and parts of every aspect of the kernel everywhere
[17:08] <fake> daja77: for example the ieee1394 guys only sync with the kernel every now and then
[17:08] <th> aha! in my konsole $TERM==xterm as well
[17:09] <th> so i bet the termcaps for xterm changed with doing it in a dedicated package
[17:09] <th> fake: do you still have you last test-install available where xterm was build in xorg?
[17:09] <fake> in konsole TERM is xterm?
[17:09] <fake> that's actually good.
[17:09] <th> fake: yes.
[17:09] <th> ahhhhhh
[17:09] <th> export TERM=xterm-color 
[17:09] <th> that fixes it.
[17:09] <fake> tada... ;-)
[17:09] <th> that's how it SHOULD be.
[17:10] <th> great.
[17:10] <fake> you can configure it in the konsole setup
[17:10] <th> i revoke that bug report.
[17:10] <th> and put it in as praise
[17:10] Action: fake bows
[17:11] <daja77> hm samba is CORE but not in base
[17:11] <fake> th: alsamixer is colored here in textmode, too. the kernel-shipped snd_intel8x0 works (after mine -rsf alsa-driver-26 ; depmod -a)
[17:11] <fake> daja77: there are a few more
[17:12] <daja77> i prepare a security fix for it atm, shall i move it on the way?
[17:12] <fake> daja77: please add a comment to it stating the move
[17:13] <th> daja77: and make your patch apply to the moved samba
[17:13] <fake> we had complaints about not using svn mv from some streber called netrunner ;0)
[17:13] <th> it's easier to do the `svn mv` first and then applying the patch
[17:13] <th> the other way around you have to use --force cause you are moving modifications
[17:13] <daja77> @_@ that's what you say now
[17:14] <th> fake: "textmode" you mean on your vc/0 ?
[17:14] <daja77> well it will be no problem, i haven't committed anything yet
[17:14] <fake> th: TERM=linux, 80x25
[17:14] <fake> th: so, yes
[17:14] <th> fake: ok
[17:15] <th> fake: TERM=linux is colored in xterm as well. but looking really strange
[17:15] <th> anything left to test?
[17:15] <fake> *lol*
[17:15] <th> i can't wait applying all this and doing the vanilla build
[17:15] <fake> of course it's looking stange, it's like looking at a PAL-caputed HDTV movie ;)
[17:16] <th> haha ;)
[17:16] <fake> th: the plugdev group is missing, should be added by pmount
[17:16] <th> ok
[17:16] <th> shall i hotfix that?
[17:16] <th> or do we need a testbuild?
[17:16] <fake> th: no, it's just a line in /etc/groups
[17:17] <netrunner> it's not in pmount? oups.
[17:17] <th> bad netrunner 
[17:17] Action: netrunner had it on all machines and so didn't wonder :)
[17:17] <fake> th: and qca should be added
[17:17] <th> qca?
[17:18] <fake> th: i submitted a patch in sm that cores it
[17:18] <th> Qt Cryptographic Architecture
[17:18] <fake> th: a crypto provider for qt
[17:18] <th> hmm
[17:18] <th> ok
[17:18] <fake> th: it's needed for kopete jabber ssl support (and is really small)
[17:18] <th> [SIZE] 0.17 MB, 12 files
[17:18] <th> bearable
[17:18] <fake> Package Size: 0.16 MB, 12 files
[17:18] <fake> :P
[17:18] <fake> -Os
[17:18] <daja77> psi uses it too
[17:19] <th> trunk/*cache
[17:19] <th> that's propably why it's in smp's repo
[17:19] <th> why it WAS in his repo ;)
[17:19] <fake> MUAHAHAHAAHAHHA
[17:19] <th> somehow it sucks moving everything to base
[17:19] <fake> th: have you plugged in a usb stick lately (while being in the 'plugdev' group?)
[17:19] <th> make the package tree pretty flat
[17:20] <th> fake: i'll try right now
[17:20] <fake> th: mkdir package/base2 
[17:20] <fake> th: *gg*
[17:20] <th> let's first use the user/group stone module to create that group
[17:20] <th> haha
[17:20] Action: netrunner disagrees with this all-core-to-base thing.
[17:20] <th> netrunner: it's not all core to base. but it is no CORE in public or personal repo
[17:21] <blindcoder> Found 0 files for this package.
[17:21] <blindcoder> for package xterm
[17:22] <netrunner> blindcoder: how do you use atd?
[17:22] <th> netrunner: with the at and atq commands
[17:22] <th> at teatime
[17:22] <th> echo "it's tea time"
[17:22] <th> EOF
[17:22] <blindcoder> netrunner: not at al?
[17:23] <netrunner> th: ok. I have the problem, that I at a command as root. so something is created as /var/spool/atjobs/foobar
[17:23] <netrunner> th: as owner root and mode 700
[17:23] <th> netrunner: you need to start atd of course
[17:23] <th> netrunner: rc atd start
[17:23] <fake> and cron
[17:23] <blindcoder> hmm
[17:23] <netrunner> th: atd dies at start with "cannot link execution file"
[17:23] <fake> (which runs the at jobs)
[17:24] <blindcoder> I remember that at jobs as non-root user don't work
[17:24] <th> netrunner: something is broken then
[17:24] <fake> they should
[17:24] <th> blindcoder: i cant confirm that
[17:24] <blindcoder> th: well, the installation is old
[17:24] <blindcoder> th: and everything I want works, so I won't kill it
[17:24] <th> Starting atd. ............................................................................ :-)
[17:25] <netrunner> aaah got it. I think. /var/spool/atjobs was 755 and root.root
[17:25] Action: netrunner guesses this is fixed meanwhile?
[17:25] Action: fake takes a look
[17:25] <blindcoder> drwx------   2 daemon daemon 4096 Sep  9  2005 atjobs
[17:25] <th> netrunner: that should be no problem
[17:25] <th> drwx------  2 daemon daemon 4096 Mar 31 19:28 .
[17:25] <blindcoder> :)
[17:25] <fake> fake@localhost:~$ ls -lad /var/spool/atjobs/
[17:25] <fake> drwx------ 2 daemon daemon 4096 Mar 27 23:07 /var/spool/atjobs/
[17:25] <fake> fake@localhost:~$ ls -lad /var/spool/atspool/
[17:25] <fake> drwx------ 2 daemon daemon 4096 Mar 26 09:25 /var/spool/atspool/
[17:25] <th> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 28884 Mar 31 08:56 /usr/bin/at
[17:26] <th> setuid
[17:26] <fake> th: ack
[17:26] <netrunner> th: mine is not setuid
[17:27] Action: fake is finished with updating all dependencies of vlc ;)
[17:27] <netrunner> uuuh now thousands of jobs started at the same time :)
[17:27] <fake> hehe
[17:28] <daja77> done, hope this wasn't too messy
[17:28] <th> fake: nothing happens.
[17:29] <th> fake: well a udev device get's created as expected
[17:29] <th> fake: and yes - i started hal+dbus
[17:30] Action: daja77 waiting relaxed for the suse samba announcement
[17:31] <th> fake: oh. hal did not start
[17:31] <th> fake: or it stopped early
[17:31] <fake> th: weird
[17:31] <th> fake: now it is running
[17:32] <th> still nothing happens
[17:32] <th> well
[17:32] <th> first /usr/libexec/hald-propbe-storage runs
[17:32] Action: clifford is doing a crystal testbuild with gcc41 now ..
[17:32] <fake> th: w8
[17:32] <th> then  /usr/libexec/hald-addon-storage runs
[17:32] <th> and then it keeps running. but nothing pops up
[17:33] <th> and nothing in media:/
[17:33] <th> clifford: i plan to commit changing default from gcc34 to gcc40 soon
[17:33] <th> clifford: the current iso looks promising.
[17:34] <fake> th: it even reacts to cd-rom injection here!
[17:34] <fake> th: fetching usb stick... brb
[17:34] <th> fake: oh. i'll try that
[17:34] <clifford> th: good.
[17:35] <th> fake: there was a hald-probe-volume process running shortly
[17:35] <clifford> Lets see how much in the crystal pkg sel is broken with gcc41.
[17:35] <th> daja77: ahh i forgot that you are committing directly
[17:35] <clifford> we can also switch to 4.1 pretty soon since we decided to not care about non-crystal stuff..
[17:35] <th> daja77: i hope this wont break my vanilla build ;)
[17:35] <daja77> th: ;)
[17:36] <daja77> th: why?
[17:36] <th> clifford: ack
[17:36] <th> clifford: did you read my kernel-patch rantings above?
[17:36] <th> daja77: why what?
[17:36] <clifford> th: no.
[17:36] <daja77> th: why it should break the build?
[17:36] <th> daja77: it should _not_
[17:37] <daja77> ok
[17:37] <th> clifford: i dont like patching the kernel by default.
[17:37] <fake> th: works like a charm here
[17:37] Action: daja77 is forced to leave soon
[17:37] <th> fake: so debug me!
[17:37] <daja77> gdb th
[17:39] <th> fake: did you do anything special after installing this crystal iso?
[17:41] <clifford> th:
[17:41] <fake> th: put my user fake into the wheel, sound groups, added the plugdev group and added him to that
[17:41] <th> fake: i've done that too.
[17:41] <clifford> linux-2.6.9-nvidia.patch looks like a legal problem
[17:41] <fake> th: then started dbus, then hal, then kde.
[17:41] <clifford> 82-raid5-niceer-output.patch seams pretty unneeded to me
[17:42] <fake> (rc dbus start, rc hal start as root, startx as fake)
[17:42] <th> clifford: what's illegal by doing "+EXPORT_SYMBOL(__VMALLOC_RESERVE);" ?
[17:42] <clifford> and 80-ext23-suiddir.patch can also be removed, I'd say (the patch still comes from pre-acl ages)
[17:42] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[17:42] <th> fake: i might need to restart the kde session after starting hal/dbus?
[17:43] <clifford> afaik the nvidia driver which needs that is not GPL.
[17:44] <th> clifford: but we dont ship any nvidia
[17:44] <th> clifford: and this patch only changes kernel source
[17:45] <th> fake: now i logged in again and my media:/ has both an icon for my cd and the usb stick
[17:45] <clifford> but the list of exportet symbols is used to define the "public" kernel api for non-gpl modules
[17:45] <th> fake: clickiung on the usb stick works as expected.
[17:45] <th> fake: mounting the cd fails.
[17:45] <th> clifford: well - i wont argue to keep this patch. i never needed it.
[17:45] <fake> http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/0.8.1337/
[17:45] <fake> th: remove it from /etc/fstab
[17:46] <th> fake: the error message is "mount: cant find /dev/ide/host0/.../cd in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[17:46] <clifford> i think someone with an nvidia hw should check if such is apatch is really required for the current kernels
[17:46] <th> clifford: of course it is NOT
[17:46] <fake> th: that's more than weird
[17:46] <th> clifford: i've only nvidia GPUs
[17:46] <fake>  th: it's not supposed to be there.
[17:47] <fake> th: don't click on the cd device in media:/, click mount on cd insertion
[17:47] <clifford> th: then lets kick that patch!
[17:47] <th> clifford: i always use a vanilla kernel without the rock patches
[17:47] <th> clifford: so i see no need at all for any rock patches
[17:47] <th> clifford: thanks
[17:47] <th> clifford: go on with the patch list pleas.
[17:47] <th> e
[17:47] <th> fake: i did not insert the cd yet, after loggin in. it was still in. ;)
[17:47] <clifford> th: most of the patches are header patches. without them some packages wont compile..
[17:48] <th> fake: "in neuem fenster oeffnen"?
[17:49] <fake> th: yes
[17:49] <th> fake: works.
[17:49] <fake> th: you can also right-click on your desktop, choose 'configure desktop' and select the 'devices' tabs -> show devices
[17:50] <fake> th: then you get nice icons on the desktop for unmounting.
[17:50] <fake> th: better than teaching your users to use /dev/discs/disc1, eh?
[17:50] <th> fake: i dont get any icons.
[17:50] <fake> clifford: we use linux-libc-headers now
[17:50] <th> fake: ahh have to configure desktop as you said
[17:50] <fake> th: yep.
[17:51] <th> fake: `df` shows the cd mounted from /dev/ide/.../cd
[17:51] <th> fake: nope. my users wont use the kde desktop
[17:52] <clifford> ok. in that case we don't need the header patches.
[17:52] <th> clifford: so do you see any patch that should not be removed if everything builds fine without it?
[17:53] <clifford> 12-conf-hacks.patch and 20-kernel-cc.patch
[17:55] <clifford> I think that's it.
[17:55] <th> never heared of kcc before :-/
[17:55] <fake> that's back from the old gcc-2.96 times
[17:56] <fake> gcc-2.96 couldn't (or shouldn't) compile a kernel
[17:56] <fake> you were urged to use the 'official' gcc-2.95 for that
[17:56] <th> and i've no problem with 12-conf-hacks. that's not affecting kernel but only it's config. so this would be no need to give "rock" as an extra version
[17:56] <fake> that's why readhat simply included gcc-2.96 as 'gcc' and gcc-2.95 as 'kcc'
[17:57] <th> so we still need this?
[17:57] <fake> *lol*
[17:57] <th> this preference of kcc?
[17:57] <fake> nobody ever needed gcc-2.96
[17:57] <clifford> command wrapper
[17:57] <fake> it's practical on i.e. sparc
[17:57] <fake> where we build a 32 bit userland, but a 64 bit kernel
[17:57] <fake> but the linux26 crosscompilation is much easier to use for that
[17:58] MickMcMack (n=mack@pdpc/supporter/sustaining/MickMcMack) joined #rocklinux.
[17:59] <th> fake: the "eject" feature on the icon only umounts. it does not eject
[18:00] <fake> th: right, is the 'eject' package CORE?
[18:00] <fake> (i think so, it's crucial on macs)
[18:01] <th> eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device
[18:01] <th> interesting
[18:02] <fake> indeed. newer version?
[18:03] <fake> Version 2.1.4
[18:03] Action: fake updating...
[18:06] netrunner (n=andreas@anvame.net) joined #rocklinux.
[18:06] Action: netrunner had to reboot his server due to 1000 spamassassin processes
[18:07] <clifford> ok - back.
[18:07] <clifford> the reason why we have a kcc is because that way we can use different command wrapper rules for compiling kernel code and userland code.
[18:08] <th> eject version 2.1.0 by Jeff Tranter (tranter@pobox.com)
[18:08] <fake> clifford: but that could also be achived by alterting _WRAPPER_{APPEND,REMOVE,...} in linux.conf?
[18:08] <clifford> no. some packages build modes
[18:08] <clifford> modules
[18:09] <clifford> (e.g. alsa-driver, but there are others to which no not duplicate kernel modules)
[18:09] <fake> th: see sm
[18:09] <fake> clifford: alsa-driver must die
[18:11] <clifford> lirc, btsco, drbd, acerhk, hostap, ...
[18:12] <fake> okay, okay, you made your point ;)
[18:16] <th> ok. so these two patches stay - and i'll try to remove the others
[18:16] <th> propably not the non x86 ones
[18:17] <fake> th: i'll look over those
[18:18] <clifford> th: I don't think that the non-x86 ones are really needed.
[18:18] <th> clifford: good
[18:18] <clifford> arch-sparc-asm_byteorder-ansi-c.patch looks like a 'userland includes kernel headers' patch to me
[18:19] <clifford> arch-sparc64-use-KCC.patch .. fake?
[18:19] <clifford> arch-x86-asm-processor-h.patch can go away
[18:20] <clifford> arch-ppc-horizon-name-clash.patch needs testing - but the patch is >2 years old and looks like the kernel people would have noticed such a problem meanwhile..
[18:24] <stf^rocklinux> re
[18:24] <stf^rocklinux> hi all
[18:24] <stf^rocklinux> someone pinged me?
[18:25] <MickMcMack> Mr. clifford, may I PM you please? >_> 
[18:25] <daja77> O_o
[18:26] <th> stf^rocklinux: i dont think that _i_ did - but anyways. the desktop thing works now. thanks again ;)
[18:26] <stf^rocklinux> th:  I'm pleased to hear that :)
[18:27] Action: daja77 wondering if somebody will ever write sth like Mr. Fake
[18:27] <fake> arch-sparc64-use-KCC makes sparc64 kernel compiles use KCC
[18:28] <fake> leave it for now, please
[18:28] <fake> Mr. 77.
[18:28] <daja77> :)
[18:28] <daja77> 338 builds total, 337 completed fine, 1 with errors.
[18:28] <daja77> nice
[18:29] <th> what a journal is that?
[18:29] <clifford> MickMcMack: whats up?
[18:29] <daja77> trunk build started two days ago or so
[18:29] <netrunner> damn. now I have the updated kde in /usr while all other packages used /opt/kde3 :(
[18:30] <MickMcMack> clifford, it is a non-ROCK Linux related question, so I didn't want to spam up this channel.
[18:30] <clifford> MickMcMack: I opened a query and sent you a 'hi!' but got no response..
[18:31] <MickMcMack> Strange. O_o
[18:31] <th> daja77: which package failed?
[18:31] <daja77> clifford: your hi has only a chance when you are registered
[18:31] <daja77> th: the kdegraphics thing fake noticed
[18:31] <th> ok
[18:32] <stf^rocklinux> today's welding lession was definitely not for the faint of heart: if the molten welding seam got to hot, it would explode in a shower of sparks ^^
[18:32] <fake> stf^rocklinux: the wonders of the real world!
[18:33] <fake> anyone against updating vlc to a more recent snapshot?
[18:33] Action: daja77 shrugs
[18:34] shawn_work (n=spstarr@192.219.104.10) left #rocklinux.
[18:34] <stf^rocklinux> fake: hehe
[18:36] <daja77> *sigh* i don't get it, there is a security issue with cairo which obviously can only be exploited by evolution, i don't get why nobody is saying how one could exploit it without evolution
[18:42] <stf^rocklinux> daja77: maybe nobody ever cared to find out how?
[18:43] <daja77> probably
[18:43] toberkel (n=toberkel@toberkel.net) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[18:44] toberkel (n=toberkel@toberkel.net) joined #rocklinux.
[18:48] <MickMcMack> clifford, if we can't talk via PM, could we perhaps join an empty channel? 
[18:49] <clifford> <MickMcMack> Hullo?
[18:49] <clifford> <clifford> hi again.
[18:49] <clifford> .. and no more message from you.
[18:49] <clifford> that looks to me like you have a problem with your IRC client.
[18:50] <MickMcMack> I don't see a message; I think daja77 got it right, in that freenode blocks PM's to registered clients from non-registered clients?
[18:50] <stf^rocklinux> MickMcMack: iirc yes
[18:51] <clifford> aha! I got reconnected..
[19:03] [raphael] (n=raphael@raphael.netpark.at) joined #rocklinux.
[19:03] <[raphael]> hi *
[19:04] MickMcMack (n=mack@pdpc/supporter/sustaining/MickMcMack) left irc: "2"
[19:10] <stf^rocklinux> hi raphael
[19:15] <fake> hmmm
[19:21] <daja77> the only place to be atm http://lospalmos.net/daja_couch.jpg
[19:23] <fake> hehehe
[19:23] <fake> cool
[19:25] <daja77> ;)
[19:29] <clifford> afk.
[19:38] markuman (n=markuman@dslb-084-063-164-059.pools.arcor-ip.net) joined #rocklinux.
[19:40] <fake> hi markuman!
[20:11] <th> i tried to play a simple mpeg with that crystal
[20:11] <th> the default was "noatrun"
[20:11] <th> it slowed down the whole system totally
[20:12] <th> and had a frame rate of 0.5 fps or something
[20:12] <fake> th: noatun sucks badly
[20:13] <th> fake: is that a frontend to something?
[20:13] <netrunner> daja77: you removed the girl :)
[20:14] <fake> th: no
[20:14] [raphael] (n=raphael@raphael.netpark.at) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[20:14] <fake> th: not afaik
[20:14] [raphael] (n=raphael@raphael.netpark.at) joined #rocklinux.
[20:15] <th> kdemultimedia: usr/bin/noatun
[20:15] <th> hmm sucks
[20:16] <fake> th: kaffeine is the way to go
[20:18] <th> should that be able to run on [smb:/foobar.mpg]  protocol?
[20:18] <fake> th: i'm afraid no (it says it can only playback local files)
[20:18] <th> i could do "open with" and select mplayer
[20:18] <th> that downloaded the file first
[20:18] <fake> hrmpf.
[20:19] <th> but kaffeine said "MRL plugin missing" i thought that would've something todo with smb:/
[20:21] <fake> th: you can start kaffeine, and select a file on a samba share in it's 'open file' dialog
[20:21] <th> hmm
[20:21] <fake> th: then it states it can only play local files (whyever that would be)
[20:21] <th> so why would it not work that way
[20:21] <th> perhaps it's only a w32codec plugin missing?
[20:22] <fake> let me try again
[20:23] <fake> xine: cannot find input plugin for MRL smb://blabla...
[20:23] <th> yes
[20:23] <th> exactly
[20:23] <fake> that's because xine can't handle the URL
[20:23] <th> how was our debate regarding xine versus mplayer?
[20:23] <fake> (kaffeine uses xine)
[20:23] <fake> xine vs. vlc
[20:23] <fake> (vlc is able to do this!)
[20:26] <fake> th: you may want to check out the "Removable Media" kde panel applet
[20:26] <th> what's that?
[20:26] <fake> th: it creates icons your panel for removable devices so you don't need to shovle your desktop free ;)
[20:26] <fake> th: and you can configure which devices you want icons for
[20:27] <th> ah ok
[20:27] <th> i should try your sm patch for eject
[20:29] <daja77> netrunner: ;)
[20:32] <netrunner> fake: where do I define which icons I want to see?
[20:33] <fake> netrunner: you have to click the little bar left to the icon(s)
[20:33] <fake> netrunner: like for ksysguard
[20:33] <fake> (it's hidden until you move your pointer over it)
[20:33] <stf^rocklinux> th: maybe xmms playback from smb shares...
[20:33] <daja77> hm that reminds me to lookuzp this kdeedu bug
[20:34] <stf^rocklinux> *can
[20:35] <fake> th: will this iso create a few commits?
[20:35] <netrunner> fake: ah, I don't have such a panel ...
[20:36] <fake> netrunner: ?
[20:36] <fake> netrunner: i guess you'll have to update to Linux 10.0
[20:36] <fake> ;-))
[20:37] <netrunner> grmpf
[20:38] <fake> netrunner: add applet to panel -> Storage Media
[20:58] <netrunner> fake: nothing here that I could translate to storage media
[20:59] <th> bac
[20:59] <fake> netrunner: kde version?
[20:59] <th> k
[20:59] <fake> th: commit, commit, commit!
[20:59] <th> stf^rocklinux: xmms can play video?
[21:00] <th> fake: a few?
[21:00] <th> fake: you've seen the journal i guess
[21:00] <fake> th: jep
[21:01] <stf^rocklinux> th: I think so. It is called X MultiMedia System after all
[21:01] <th> fake: my gf has to see some more videos before i can declare the runtime test successfull ;-)
[21:01] <th> stf^rocklinux: oh cool
[21:01] <th> emerging vlc
[21:03] <netrunner> fake: 3.5
[21:03] <fake> netrunner: with hal support?
[21:03] <th> can our `rocket emerge` build missing deps first?
[21:03] <netrunner> fake: yes. In konqueror I have it. but nothing I could add to the panel
[21:03] <fake> th: hm, i always use ./scripts/Create-DepList -cfg rocket
[21:04] <fake> netrunner: it's a dockapp, maybe it's new in 3.5.2...
[21:04] <th> fake: that does not build any package i assume
[21:04] <fake> th: no, it can give you an idea about dependencies
[21:04] <fake> th: you can then emerge.
[21:04] <th> so no automation yet
[21:04] <fake> th: though you need to apply human intelligence to the output of Create-DepList
[21:04] <th> and have to check every package if it is already installed
[21:05] <fake> th: no, only non-installed packages are shown
[21:05] <th> yea demand for human intelligence sucks ;)
[21:05] <th> ahh
[21:05] <th> ok
[21:05] <fake> almost all packages depend on dietlibc ;)
[21:05] <fake> and vlc for example claims gnome-libs14, which is nonsense
[21:05] <fake> the most important dependency for vlc is wxwidgets
[21:05] <th> # ./scripts/Create-DepList -cfg rocket vlc
[21:05] <th> vlc
[21:06] <th> not even mad is listed
[21:06] <daja77> hah! i figured out that fefe's clt dietlibc talk is on my mp3 cd in the car ..
[21:06] <th> but the build fails because mad is missing
[21:06] Action: netrunner aborting kde update, removing everything again and setting prefix back to /opt/kde3
[21:06] <fake> th: can you run Configure -cfg rocket and see wether all packages are enabled?
[21:07] <fake> hey cool, just found a spare working tape drive
[21:07] <fake> DDSv4
[21:08] Action: netrunner does not understand who wants to use tape drives nowadays
[21:08] <netrunner> much to small kapacity
[21:08] <netrunner> capacity
[21:08] <netrunner> capazity
[21:08] <netrunner> hrmpf
[21:08] <fake> netrunner: cheap media related to size
[21:08] <th> fake: "Configure"?
[21:09] <fake> th: ./scripts/Config...
[21:09] <th> O -----5---- 120.600 public mad 0.15.1b / extra/multimedia 0
[21:09] <th> O -----5---- 206.200 public vlc 0.8.4a / extra/multimedia 0
[21:09] <fake> netrunner: i.e. 160 GB (raw, uncompressed) data on SDLT160, 40 EUR / media
[21:09] <fake> th: all packages must be X
[21:09] <th> fake: so why aren't they?
[21:10] <fake> th: just select a generic build
[21:10] owl (n=owl@193.93.28.218) left irc: Nick collision from services.
[21:11] <th> fake: # ./scripts/Create-DepList -cfg rocket vlc |wc
[21:11] <th>      88      88    1859
[21:12] <fake> th: ack ;)
[21:12] <th> now that sucks
[21:12] <fake> th: just remove everything 'below' and including gnome-libs14
[21:13] <[raphael]> spreaking of dep lists.... can I add a package to the selection (X <package>) and automatically get all dependencies added?
[21:13] <th> thats still a lot then
[21:13] <[raphael]> I would like to see that feature at some time, would be helpful
[21:13] <th> [raphael]: that should be easy with the above mentioned cmd line
[21:13] <fake> th: didn't we write a script once?
[21:13] <th> tetex, openmotif, wxwidgets, orbit2
[21:13] <th> fake: yea
[21:14] <[raphael]> good to know, well, someone's got to add it to ./scripts/Config then
[21:14] <fake> th: tetex and openmotif you can ignore
[21:14] <fake> th: just build wxwidgets, that should suffice for now
[21:14] <daja77> tetex for vlc?
[21:14] <th> daja77: yea
[21:14] <fake> th: what was it named?
[21:14] <[raphael]> good n8 all
[21:15] <th> fake: dunno
[21:15] <th> n8 [raphael] 
[21:15] [raphael] (n=raphael@raphael.netpark.at) left irc: "using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.12"
[21:15] <fake> th: it's gone
[21:16] <daja77> perhaps for ducumentation foo
[21:16] <fake> probably
[21:17] <fake> r4382
[21:18] <fake> r5330
[21:18] <fake> and finally removed in r5670 
[21:18] <th> top - 23:21:03 up  4:41,  7 users,  load average: 10.38, 4.84, 3.20
[21:18] <fake> Clifford Wolf:
[21:18] <fake>         Fixed svn:execute properties
[21:18] <fake>         Removed misc/archive/showdeps.sh
[21:18] <fake>         (we now have scripts/Create-DepList)
[21:18] <th> that's only emerging wxwidgets and running kaffeine on local file
[21:18] <th> load==10
[21:18] <fake> th: something's wrong.
[21:19] <fake> load average: 1.53, 1.34, 1.10
[21:19] <fake> making a compressing tape backup, and decoding x264 video at half pal resolution
[21:20] <th> tape backup does not stress your cpu ;)
[21:20] <fake> but the cpu is reported 70 % idle (no hyperthreading)
[21:21] <fake> th: if it does software compression...
[21:21] <th> well
[21:21] <th> now running mplayer
[21:21] <fake> bogomips        : 5995.20
[21:22] <fake> how long is yours?
[21:22] <fake> ;)
[21:22] <th> bogomips        : 4834.93
[21:22] <fake> bwuahaha
[21:22] <th> well
[21:22] <th> bogomips        : 6384.55
[21:22] <th> # cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep bogomips | wc
[21:22] <th>       4      12      76
[21:23] <fake> *bl*
[21:23] <fake> commit commit commit
[21:24] <stf^rocklinux> bbl
[21:24] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-034-205.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) left irc: "using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.12"
[21:28] <mnemoc> bogomips: 801.93    :)
[21:28] <netrunner> bogomips        : 4005.93
[21:28] <netrunner> bogomips        : 4000.19
[21:29] <daja77> bogomips        : 2108.86
[21:29] Action: daja77 hides
[21:31] Action: netrunner thinks about creating a ranking of all 7 cpus running around him
[21:32] <netrunner> fake: dunno, I can also buy a hdd for the same price ...
[21:35] <daja77> two cairo updates and i still don't know if i should write an advisory
[21:38] owl_ (n=owl@193.93.28.218) joined #rocklinux.
[21:39] Nick change: owl_ -> owl
[21:44] <th> sorry - i should've moved libidn BEFORE smapping that patch
[21:44] <th> history lost, sorry netrunner 
[21:45] Action: netrunner stomps on the ground and looks concerned
[21:45] <th> cuuuuuute
[21:45] <fake> *gg*
[21:50] <fake> netrunner: the 2 .fdi files seem not to be needed, it works in th's ISO...
[21:54] owl (n=owl@193.93.28.218) left irc: "brb. test"
[21:55] <th> strange
[21:56] <th> did i miss a SM id in my journal?
[21:56] <th> namely the l10n import package?
[21:58] owl (n=owl@193.93.28.218) joined #rocklinux.
[21:58] <fake> let me check...
[21:59] <th> i applied the whole journal and have still diffs to trunk
[21:59] <th> namely the removal of kde/koffice-* and kde/kde-i* and addition of import/{kde,koffice}*
[22:00] <fake> th: i'm booting the iso to check /var/adm/packages
[22:00] <th> found it
[22:00] <th> 2006033020300717214
[22:01] <fake> th: ack, it's not applied
[22:01] <th> was not on my list
[22:01] <th> doing
[22:01] <th> it
[22:01] <th> now
[22:01] <fake> th: wait
[22:01] <fake> it is on the iso, but the old packages are not removed
[22:01] <th> why?
[22:01] <fake> let me see which ones got build...
[22:02] <th> i think they are
[22:02] <fake> th: ack
[22:02] <fake> th: just the directories in kde/kde-i18n-bla are there in /usr/src/rock-src
[22:02] <th> of course
[22:03] <th> svn rm does not remove them
[22:03] <th> only removed at commit
[22:03] <fake> si! hossa
[22:03] <th> for .svn/ metadata
[22:10] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-033-48.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) joined #rocklinux.
[22:11] <th> i think i'm sync now.
[22:12] <fake> th: aye
[22:28] Action: netrunner is bored
[22:32] <owl> netrunner: wodka?
[22:39] <netrunner> owl: first I am trying to get counterstrike running ..
[22:39] <owl> brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 
[22:39] <owl> *crossing fingers*
[22:39] <netrunner> owl: poor fingers. 
[22:40] <owl> why?
[22:40] <owl> you're evil, guy...
[22:40] <netrunner> usually people die some time after being crossed
[22:40] <owl> hrmpf. nobody would see it... 
[22:42] stf^rocklinux_ (n=user@heim-033-48.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) joined #rocklinux.
[22:42] stf^rocklinux (n=user@heim-033-48.raab-heim.uni-linz.ac.at) left irc: Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)
[22:45] Action: fake off for tonight
[22:45] <owl> gn8 fake, have fun. 
[22:45] <fake> th: i'll start a full build later on, to test all those updates for depedency errors
[22:46] <fake> owl: thanks ;)
[22:46] <owl> fake: de nada ;)
[22:54] <th> there is tons of fake patches in submaster again.
[22:54] <th> but hey - almost no real ones left.
[22:58] <daja77> yeah time for a gnome update ..
[22:59] <th> daja77: could you somehow abuse your security-thing to apply 2006033118092909848?
[23:00] markuman (n=markuman@dslb-084-063-164-059.pools.arcor-ip.net) left irc: "using sirc version 2.211+KSIRC/1.3.12"
[23:02] <netrunner> joooooomaaaaaan! :) http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/izilla.shtml
[23:02] <daja77> th: sure, but what prevents you from doin it?
[23:05] <th> netrunner: how can a device with 4x 500GB disks cost < $800 ??
[23:05] <th> daja77: i'd need to run a journal for it
[23:06] <th> daja77: if you find a security issue that makes the update necessary...
[23:06] <netrunner> th: usa :)
[23:06] <daja77> th: lol
[23:07] <daja77> th: ok i just do it, and blame you if it doesn't work
[23:07] <th> netrunner: i'd buy this only because of the hardware to rip from it.
[23:07] <th> netrunner: the disks - the lcd - the optical drives - the headset. thats totally insane
[23:08] <th> daja77: thanks - now i have someone to blame too
[23:09] <daja77> *scratchinghead*
[23:10] <daja77> th: done
[23:10] <th> bastard!
[23:10] Action: daja77 whistles
[23:10] <th> you did it?
[23:10] <th> how could u?
[23:10] <th> damn
[23:10] <th> now all is lost!
[23:10] <th> thanks
[23:10] <daja77> :D
[23:11] <th> btw - what's up with all the qemu stuff?
[23:11] <th> Mr. [M]aintainer...
[23:11] <th> when will we have the most recent qemu in trunk?
[23:11] <daja77> stf' fix works
[23:11] <th> will qemu work with 4.1?
[23:11] <daja77> that's why i voted pro on it
[23:11] <th> you said it doesn't with 4.0
[23:11] <daja77> i have no idea
[23:12] <th> 2006021416201427153
[23:12] <daja77> but i guess it will not
[23:12] <th> VOTECHECK: Needs a positive vote from (daja77).
[23:12] <th> that's the dependency
[23:12] <daja77> oops forgot about that one
[23:13] <daja77> but it makes no sense to have the one without the other ;)
[23:13] <th> i'm only looking on [M] and votes ;)
[23:13] <th> so i've someone to blaim ;)
[23:13] <th> s/blaim/blame/
[23:14] <daja77> hah! that's a sport for you
[23:14] <th> daja77: you did not even mention the severe security bug in eject < 2.1.4
[23:14] <th> tough daja
[23:14] <th> i seem to be in a good mood today
[23:15] <th> rev7398
[23:15] <th> committing two and making some release?
[23:15] <daja77> the qemu things?
[23:16] <daja77> release! release! release!
[23:16] <th> well gcc4 is standard in trunk now.
[23:16] <th> so qemu would not work
[23:16] <daja77> well perhaps we should make the releases more official so a can add affected releases to the announcements
[23:17] <daja77> qemu is not core ..
[23:17] <th> the topic stuff is no real releases
[23:17] <th> and some of them should not go much public
[23:17] <daja77> ok
[23:17] <th> like the current topic still has the multimedia category mess
[23:17] <th> but perhaps i should topic the current one
[23:17] <daja77> but i'd even like to have prereleases
[23:17] <th> this looks better
[23:18] #rocklinux: mode change '+o th' by ChanServ!ChanServ@services.
[23:19] Topic changed on #rocklinux by th!n=th@montana.hbsn.de: http://iso.rocklinux.de/rock-ftp/official/test-releases/20060331th-crystal.iso (looks pretty neat)
[23:20] #rocklinux: mode change '-o th' by th!n=th@montana.hbsn.de
[23:20] <netrunner> wow, fabrice has built full virtualization mode into kqemu
[23:21] <netrunner> and ported kqemu to windows
[23:21] <daja77> well he build a dvb tuner on his own ..
[23:21] <th> WHUT?
[23:22] <th> netrunner: you mean support for this vanderpool stuff?
[23:22] <daja77> er dvb-t emitter
[23:22] <daja77> th: http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/dvbt/
[23:23] <th> daja77: i'm more interested in the virt. stuff
[23:23] <daja77> ok
[23:24] <th> Irssi 0.8.9 (20031210) - http://irssi.org/
[23:24] <th> hmm
[23:25] <th> damn the update is already in trunk
[23:25] <th> is that full config compatible?
[23:25] <daja77> th: there should be 0.8.10 in trunk, no?
[23:26] <th> [V] 0.8.10a
[23:26] <th> yea
[23:26] <th> that's what i meant with: 23:27:37 < th> damn the update is already in trunk
[23:27] <daja77> ic
[23:27] <th> anyone played with xen libc?
[23:31] <th> i guess netrunner did
[00:00] --- Sat Apr  1 2006