[rock-user] IO Subsystems

+ (text/html)
+ (text/plain)
Author: philippe florent
To: rock-user
Subject: [rock-user] IO Subsystems
Hello everyone

I need to write a gameserver,

and as far as I digged around the web, it seems Linux is the fastest system when it
is about handling thousands of sockets and file descriptors.
so question is, as I plan to deploy my soft on ROCK, does ROCK implement all the /dev/poll epoll kqueue, SIGIO, AIO, libevent, event ... ?

Is it preferable to use a nw lib? did anyone already tested IO subsystems on ROCK ?

regards and merry xmas, happy new year ...