[rock-user] Fix build scripts on Ubuntu

Author: Stefan Fiedler
Subject: [rock-user] Fix build scripts on Ubuntu
Hi all,

here's the solution to a problem I had when using Ubuntu as a build host.

In Ubuntu 6.10, bash does not properly execute some ROCK Linux build
scripts; ./scripts/Build-Pkg will abort with several segmentation faults when
run with this bash binary. From what I've heard Kubuntu 6.10 and 7.04 have
the same problem. To fix this, download, build and install bash from source;
these instructions assume your ROCK Linux source tree is located
at /usr/src/linux:

        cd /usr/src/rock-linux
        sudo bash

        ./scripts/Download bash3
        tar xf download/mirror/b/bash-3.2.tar.bz2
        cd bash-3.2
        for x in ../package/base/bash/bash3/*.patch ; do patch -p1 < $x ; done
        ./configure --without-bash-malloc
        make

        mv /bin/bash{,-orig}
        cp -a bash /bin/bash

        exit
        sudo bash

Now you can use the ROCK Linux build scripts without errors.

With best regards,
Stefan Fiedler

P.S: Sorry for the cross-post.