[rock-devel] Printing setup script

+ mod_printing.sh (text/x-sh)
+ (text/plain)
Author: Terry Mackintosh
Subject: [rock-devel] Printing setup script
Hi all

For me printing is one area of rock that has always been a pain in the
ass. Maybe I just don't know how to do it, don't know.

In any event it seemed to me that the logical place to configure
printing from was stone. As I recall there used to be something there
that did not work, but as of the latest 2.0.3 build that I did some time
ago, there is nothing.

My understanding of setting up printing is weak, but I wrote the
attached script to go in /etc/stone.d/ called mod_printing.sh.

It works for setting up cups, and may work for setting up lprng, see
comments in script. Someone else can surely do better, I only offer
this up because no one else has.

Possibly there is something better in the current trunk that I don't
know about?

Make it a great day

--
Terry Mackintosh <>
http://www.mackintoshweb.com/mars/ Mars Society, FL chapter.
Proudly powered by ROCKLinux, Apache, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc.
"If you don't know where you are going, how can you get there?"
# --- ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTE-BEGIN ---
#
# This copyright note is auto-generated by ./scripts/Create-CopyPatch.
# Please add additional copyright information _after_ the line containing
# the ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTE-END tag. Otherwise it might get removed by
# the ./scripts/Create-CopyPatch script. Do not edit this copyright text!
#
# ROCK Linux: rock-src/package/base/openssh/stone_mod_sshd.sh
# ROCK Linux is Copyright (C) 1998 - 2004 Clifford Wolf
#
# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
# (at your option) any later version. A copy of the GNU General Public
# License can be found at Documentation/COPYING.
#
# Many people helped and are helping developing ROCK Linux. Please
# have a look at http://www.rocklinux.org/ and the Documentation/TEAM
# file for details.
#
# --- ROCK-COPYRIGHT-NOTE-END ---
#
# [MAIN] 30 printing Print system configuration

create_links_cups(){
        echo "Stopping LPRng (lpd), should it be running."
        /etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd stop
        echo -e "\nRemoving old files and setting up new links:"
        for f in /usr/bin/*_cups /usr/sbin/*_cups; do
        ln -fvs $f  ${f/%_cups/}
        done
        echo -e "\nRemoving LPRng from all runlevels (if any) to avoid any conflicts:"
        for rl in 1 2 3 4 5 ; do
                rm -vf /etc/rc.d/rc$rl.d/S??lpd
        done
        echo -e "\nRemember:\nUse a browser to configure/manage printers at:"
        echo -e "http://localhost:631/admin\n"
        read -p "Press ENTER to continue with setting run levels for CUPS."
        $STONE runlevel edit_srv cups
}

create_links_lprng(){
        echo "Stopping CUPS, should it be running."
        /etc/rc.d/init.d/cups stop
        echo -e "\nNOTE: I've not been able to figure out how to setup printers for LPRng!"
        echo "So this is basically UNTESTED! Though it may work if you know how to"
        echo "setup the printers?"
        echo -e "\nRemoving old files and setting up new links:"
        for f in /usr/bin/*_lprng /usr/sbin/*_lprng; do
        ln -fvs $f  ${f/%_lprng/}
        done
        echo -e "\nRemoving CUPS from all runlevels (if any) to avoid any conflicts:"
        for rl in 1 2 3 4 5 ; do
                rm -vf /etc/rc.d/rc$rl.d/S??cups
        done
        read -p "Press ENTER to continue with setting run levels for LPRng (lpd)."
        $STONE runlevel edit_srv lpd
}

main() {
    while
        gui_menu printing 'Printing System Configuration.' \
                'Set CUPS as system print spooler. (recomended)' \
                        'create_links_cups' \
                'Set LPRng as system print spooler. (untested)' \
                        'create_links_lprng'
    do : ; done
}