Re: [rock-devel] overview of sysroot/multilib patches

Author: Stefan Fiedler
Subject: Re: [rock-devel] overview of sysroot/multilib patches
On Friday 02 November 2007 09:28:34 Benjamin Schieder wrote:
> On 02.11.2007 00:07:51, Stefan Fiedler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > here is an overview of changes in the sysroot/multilib journal. The
> > complete [ ... snip for better readability ... ]
>
> Holy compiler, Batman!
>
> Thanks for that work, Stefan. Looks like I'll finally be able to install a
> 64-Bit ROCK Linux on my machines \o/
>
> I'll invite you to a drink of your choice when we next meet!
> Two if you can upload ISOs of multilib-build to isos.rocklinux.org :-)
>

> Greetigns,
> Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

I've now uploaded updated cross-built bbs (build-bootstrap) isos for arm,
sparc and x86_64 (multilib) as well as my latest crystal test iso to
isos.rocklinux.org. Most notably the bbs isos now include shadow as well as
working ncurses and stone, so they can be installed and logged in to just
like x86 crystal isos. However grub hangs when doing e.g. "grub ; root
(hd0,1); setup (hd0)", so it is not included on the latest x86_64 bbs iso.
Cross-built grub, grub built natively and grub from a 32-bit build all show
the same error in qemu-system-x86_64. Maybe this problem is limited to qemu,
but for now you need an existing boot loader (like isolinux included in the
isos) to start the installed system.

Yours sincerely,
Stefan Fiedler