[rock-devel] Building packages with make -jX

+ make-j-inkompatibel (text/plain)
+ (text/plain)
Author: Sebastian Knapp
To: rock-devel
Subject: [rock-devel] Building packages with make -jX

Hey ROCK Linux,

for decreased build time I tried to use make with the -j switch to utilize all
CPU cores of my new build host. Unfortunately not all all packages
support this option. The list below is created simply by trial and error
during a build which sets $MAKE in pkg-header.

My question is what is or would be the recommended way to deal with this
issue in ROCK. In my next build I plan to automate the task of determining
compatibilty with a customized pkgloop_action.
Are there plans to work around this in ROCK Linux core scripts? This would be
nice.

Cheers
Sebastan aka giftnuss

glibc # fix: should not match glib