[OpenSCAD] recursive child()?

Giles Bathgate gilesbathgate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 16:01:09 CEST 2010

On 31/03/2010 20:20, Vitaly Mankevich wrote:
> Been playing with OpenSCAD lately, really impressed.
>
> Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong, but the following
> construct is not currently supported?
>
> module dosomething() {
> 	child(0);
> }
>
> module dosomethingelse() {
> 	dosomething() child(0);
> }
>
> dosomethingelse() cube();

Just as an asside, I think you mean nested, not recursive recursive would be

module dosomething() {
	dosomething() child(0);
}

dosomething() cube();

Obviously that would result in an infinite loop but wouldn't if you had
some kind of exit case. I am surprised that nested module calls don't
work in openscad. If no one can think of a use case, I might just submit
a patch anyway ;)