[OpenSCAD] recursive child()?

Vitaly Mankevich albanetc.sr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:11:34 CEST 2010

>> Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong, but the following
>> construct is not currently supported?
>>

> This is not currently supported - you should get a warning printed whenever you try this.
> I don't see any immediate reasons why it shouldn't be possible to support this though.
> Do you have a good use-case for this btw.?

It's not quite a use case but I'm investigating OpenSCAD as a
potential tool to encode assembly sequences for Contraptor, so I was
thinking of creating context-intuitive transformation modules which
would make use of simpler transformation modules. It's possible that
this could be achieved via different constructs though.

I'm actually not getting a warning, just no render output.

Cheers
-Vitaly