[OpenSCAD] example that works in 2009.11, but not it 2010.02

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Wed Apr 7 12:14:56 CEST 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 23:15 PM, Britton Kerin wrote:

> Well probably other have more invested than I, but speaking for myself I'm happy to tolerate some
> breakage if it makes OpenSCAD better.  Its young software.  I think the approach of having many
> geometric defaults (regarding centering, axis of rotation, etc.) is good rather than having to
> specify everything everywhere.  But it makes principle-of-least-surprise even more important than
> usual.

I tend to agree.
One idea would be to do a language/library overhaul e.g. as part of switching into a major/minor versioning scheme, maybe even combined with a script upgrader to bring old models in to the new format.
We haven't been discussing this yet, this is just ideas floating around in my head..

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.