[OpenSCAD] Bugreport/feature request

Elmo elmo.mantynen at iki.fi
Sat Feb 6 14:08:15 CET 2010

Could you implement proper file-level module separation, so that globals
don't spill to imported files.

Also something along the lines of "if __name__=='__main__':" (like in
python) so that I can have example/default module calls in the same file
as code usable as a library. Would be nice to have code in as few files
as possible without duplication.

My usecase is as follows (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1748): I have
block with hard-coded dimensions trying to be a standard for a slot
mounting interface, but it is in the same file with the only code using
it (the wrist mount). Now I'm making another part using the standard,
but the main object from the included file appears also.

Elmo