[OpenSCAD] Feature Requests

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Thu Feb 11 21:52:05 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 06:36:44PM +0100, Marius Kintel wrote:
> > - a way to modify variables in if clauses.
> > Also the way you have to use assign() to get local variables in a loop
> > seems strange. Couldnt that be done more similar to C ?
> >
> Not sure how easy this is due to the current parser design. Clifford?

support local variables, function and modules in every { } block is on the
todo list for a longer time now. unfortunately I hardly get time to read my
email atm - not talking about answering them or writing OpenSCAD code..

so don't hold your breath but it is somethiung that will be implemented
once I happen to have some time to spend on openscad again..

yours,
 - clifford

--
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of