[OpenSCAD] Feature Requests

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Sun Feb 14 10:29:49 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 04:56:03AM +0100, Laszlo KREKACS wrote:
> Or you can simply watch a particular dir from openscad.
> Like /home/user/.config/openscad/commands_to_execute/X

> On linux there is a kernel support to discover file changes, so no need
> to poll every second.

btw: windows and mac osx also have APIs for this:
FileSystemWatcher (Win32) and FSEvents (OSX)

> I think it is the easiest solution. And it is very scriptable
> friendly. Even a bash script can control openscad.

its a bit hackish but I like it because of its simplicity..

as long as there is no need to read back information from openscad this
sounds like a good solution for me.

yours,
 - clifford

--
"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance."
 - Robert R. Coveyou, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.