[OpenSCAD] CSG rendering broken in latest Mac OS X snapshot & svn repo (using OpenCSG-1.2.0)

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Sun Jan 3 21:15:31 CET 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 20:16 , Andrew Plumb wrote:

> Any luck getting the "Compile and Render (CSG)" stage in OpenSCAD
> working?  I just updated to latest svn (r197), spotted the switch to
> OpenCSG-1.2.0, applied the patches and all I get is an empty screen
> after time spent rendering.
>
> I see the same behaviour with when I try your openscad-2009.12.31 (Mac
> OS X) snapshot.  I have my own openscad-2009.12.26 build that works.
>
> Known problem across all platforms, just Mac, or just me?

I haven't experienced such problems with any of those versions on Mac,
and neither using OpenCSG-1.2.0.
Empty screen problems are the least fun to debug, but let's see what
we can do..

To make sure all is well, please grab the latest build (2009-12-31),
open a Terminal and send med the output of this:
$ otool -L OpenSCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenSCAD

Then, start OpenSCAD on the cmd-line:
$ ./OpenSCAD.app/Contents/MacOS/OpenSCAD

Now, what exactly doesn't work?
o Do you get the same behavior with all view methods (F9-F12) ?
o Does it make a difference whether you use "Compile" (F5) or "Compile
and Render (CGAL)" (F6) ?
o Are there any meaningful output anywhere which could give me a hint?
I know there isn't much debug output going on atm..

Also, the output of 'glewinfo' could be useful, just in case.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.