[OpenSCAD] CSG rendering broken in latest Mac OS X snapshot & svn repo (using OpenCSG-1.2.0)

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Mon Jan 4 02:20:22 CET 2010

Hi Marius,

Try this again; hit a file-size limit on my attachments.

I've attached the output from otool in openscad-2009.12.31.otool for
your snapshot version on my system.

Using both your version and my svn compiled version I am able to
Compile (F5) and see & interact with the resulting model.

Compile and Render (CGAL) takes time to complete as I expect, but then
the view area goes blank upon completion instead of displaying the
final rendered model.  I've tried dumping an STL file just in case the
problem is only with displaying the model but that throws "Current top
level object is not a 3D object."

See attached release-macosx.clothbot.sh for the diff I have to do to
resolve library dependencies when compiling my own.

If you think it could help I can send you the results of the shell
script executed, piped to file.  It was 36KB and pushed my previous
message size over the 40K (encoded) limit.

When you build yours, do you include MDI or not? I did this time and
hadn't previous times.  I'll try backing out the MDI-related patches
and see if it resolves things in my compiled version.

Andrew.