[OpenSCAD] CSG rendering broken in latest Mac OS X snapshot & svn repo (using OpenCSG-1.2.0)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:10:37 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Clifford Wolf <clifford at clifford.at> wrote:
> atm we don't have snapshots for win32 (and afaik stefan has no plans in
> making any ;-). so this fix won't be available for win32 until the next
> release.

Oh.  :-(

> however: the last release binaries do not contain 2d support so they also
> do not have this bug..

Unfortunately, what I have been trying to do _is_ 2D extrusion from
DXF files made by QCad or Visio.  I can get the examples to work
perfectly, but not a single bit of a single file that I've drawn
myself from scratch renders, even if I drop it into a working example
(by changing the filename and layer name).  I'm trying to make an oval
medallion about 5-6mm thick by about 30mm x 55mm, with some "features"
on the face.  I can't get so much as a triangle to extrude.

The only Macs I have on-hand are G4 Macs running 10.4 (which is a
problem vs Intel Macs due to Python issues), so that's not really
helpful to me either since none of my RepRap/Makerbot environment is
set up there.

I'm a long-time C/Unix developer, so I was overjoyed to see a tool
like OpenSCAD, but I seem to be having enough difficulty even getting
test shapes to render that it's not been very productive for me.

-ethan