[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD 2010.01 released

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Fri Jan 8 23:13:13 CET 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 05:06:54PM -0500, Andrew Plumb wrote:
> Oooh! Does color() get written out to STL?  Shapeways just added full
> color printing to their options.

atm this is only used in the OpenCSG and Thown Together display modes.

there are two problems with colors in STL: 1. I don't know how to pass this
kind of metadata thru CGAL and 2. I did some research on the web but did
not find any satisfying documentation of colors in STL. It seams like
everyone is doing his or her own extensions to STL to add color to the file
format..

yours,
 - clifford

--
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.