[OpenSCAD] Dumb questions for you experts

gibell@comcast.net gibell at comcast.net
Fri Jan 15 00:12:25 CET 2010

I am using the Windows Binary version on my Windows NT machine(s). Upon startup, I always get the warning message "No support for OpenGL 2.0 found! ...". But I am still using openSCAD and it seems to work OK, although it is slow for my most complex renderings.

I found that my graphics hardware is "Intel 829456 Express Chipset Family". Looking at the Intel drivers, I find that the latest one only adds OpenGL 1.5 capability. So it looks like I am out of luck as far as upgrading to OpenGL 2.0. Have I no other options, other than finding or buying a different machine?

Are there other advantages to using OpenGL 2.0, other than speed? I don't see much on this issue in the manual.

On an unrealated issue, I tried the "multmatrix" transformation and it doesn't appear to be working. Is there an example of the use of this transformation? Why a 4x4 matrix and not 3x3?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give!!

-George