[OpenSCAD] Capacity & Optimization test case (Cory Doctorow's Makers cover model remix)

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Thu Jan 21 16:48:32 CET 2010

Hi Clifford and Marius,

In the spirit of CC-licensed material, I've been trying to use
OpenSCAD to do some simple remixing of Cory's Makers cover model.  See http://www.shapeways.com/model/76118/cory_doctorow_makers_cover_3d_print.html
  for the STL model (~23MB).

I've attached a really simple wrapper script that boolean diff's the
source model into top and bottom parts, then scales & maps the parts
onto the front and back of a simple pendant-shaped scaffold.

The full "makers_pendant()" compiles fine.  OpenSCAD dies at Render
(CGAL) time for even the simpler sub-parts like "makers_top()" or
"makers_bottom()".

Andrew.