[OpenSCAD] Feature requests

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 19:43:34 CET 2010

Hi!

I dont know where is the official channel for feature requests, but I
hope you dont mind
if I write here.

Requests:
1. fixed width font in the editor instead of the current ariel font.
(are we programmers aren't?)

2. Line number

3. Key combo for maximizing the editor. The lines are a bit too long
in general,
to be comfortably watch the model *and* type the text

4. Multi-threading. I would like to type texts while it is rendering
the final image (CGAL rendering),
ie some sort of background processing.

5. While the new image is rendering, I would like to rotate, zoom, etc
the previous view of the model.

6. Tab support. Ie. editing multiple files at once.

Hope these requests makes sense. Im pretty impressed by openscad in
general. Its a bit slow
modelling, but it is incredibly easy to modify the model after it is done.

And also ability to put the model into
version history (git), is an awesome feature. Also I see team
modelling will be just as easy as
any source code collaboration.

Best regards,
 Laszlo