[OpenSCAD] Building problems

Torsten Wagner torsten.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 02:26:23 CET 2010

Hi all,
just came across OpenScad and it looks like the tool which an engineer
without much CAD-skills but sufficient programming skills might really
appreciate. Thus, I was going to give it a try
FYI, here are my relevant system parameters:

Core2. Ubuntu Karmic, 64-bit, 8GB RAM
*Qt4 4.5.3
*CGAL 3.4-4:
*boost 1.38.1
*cmake 2.8.0-5
OpenCSG 1.30-1
GLEW (bundled with OpenCSG)
Eigen2 2.0.11
*GCC C++ Compiler 4.3.4-5
*Bison 2.4.1
*Flex 2.5.35-7

* = standard package of ubuntu karmic

However, I faced several problems

The bin-packages seems not to work under a 64-bit systems.

The svn package assumes a pentium CPU which results in errors on my
core2 processor. Change this to core2 makes it running further.

In the meantime I had to fight with the OpenCSG libs, which wasn't
recognise first. After a bit fiddling, I compiled them and add them via
ldconfig. However, finally I used the deb-package posted recently in
this list (thanks).

I then run in an error with the eigen-lib. Which was outdated on karmic.
I fetched the recent ubuntu package for lucid and solved this problem

Now I run in the following error:

src/export.cc:36: error: variable or field ‘cgal_nef3_to_polyset’
declared void
src/export.cc:36: error: ‘PolySet’ was not declared in this scope
src/export.cc:36: error: ‘ps’ was not declared in this scope
src/export.cc:36: error: expected primary-expression before ‘*’ token
src/export.cc:36: error: ‘root_N’ was not declared in this scope

Unfortunately, at the moment I do not have a single clue how to help myself.

Would be nice if someone could guide me.

Thanks

Torsten