[OpenSCAD] 3D Text

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Sat Mar 20 00:14:20 CET 2010

On Mar 19, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Giles Bathgate wrote:

> I have been tinkering with openscad myself, submitting patches for
> features that obviously 'the devs' are not that interested in. Is there
> anything that you would you like to me have a look at?

What is actually done by 'the devs' (i.e. Clifford and me atm.) is always subject to arbitrary prioritization, so interest is not so much of an issue as available time is. Personally, I'd love to see more contributions :)

doc/TODO.txt is the current wishlist, although without any priority.

So from the top of my head, this what I see as important tasks (again, my personal opinion):
o Establish some kind of regression test framework. Refactoring is a bit of a pain atm.
  Unit testing would also be nice, but less important right now.
o General GUI polishing, including beating the editor a bit into shape (although I expect external editing to be
  used by power users).
o Somehow make CSG evaluation run faster
o TTF Text support
o Improve DXF import (requires some refactoring) to support more entities

These might all be a bit hard to get started on but there are lots of small issues in the TODO list.

Don't hesitate to fire off questions. The code comments has potential for improvements, so if anything is unclear it means someone should add more comments.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.