[OpenSCAD] lookup_halfedge(): input error - explanation please?

Clifford Wolf clifford at clifford.at
Tue Mar 23 21:50:54 CET 2010

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 06:52:41PM +0100, Daniel K. Schneider wrote:
> I understand about crashing I mean, but don't know what "oriented the
> same way means". I thought I did, e.g.
> I managed to create a simple 3 triangle shape (inserted the picture in
> the wiki page above). I also know how to create the same shape by
> extrusion or difference, but I just want to do it "by hand", once :)
>
> A pointer to some text about "polygon orientation" made for non-CS,
> non-math, non-3D people is fine enough :)

when you select 'Thrown together' from the view menu and compile the design
(not compile and render!) you will see a preview with the miss-oriented
polygons highlighted.

(unfortunately this highlighting is not possible in the OpenCSG preview mode
because it would interfere with the way the OpenCSG preview mode is
implemented.)

I hope that helps.

yours,
 - clifford

--
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime.