[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD call for developers

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Sat Oct 30 00:31:06 CEST 2010

On 10/29/2010 11:46 AM, Giles Bathgate wrote:
> Although this is probably a wasted effort I feel that I must point out
> that GitHub*is*  propriety software. It does have some nice features
> which is probably why everyone uses it, but its not Open Source.

A way to get collaboration features along with FOSS is use gitorius or just put
git repositories on a server someone runs, (I've done it and not sooo hard),
and also use FOSS tools for collaboration such as  http://status.net/open-source
for updates, and chatter on your cell phone if you want it, and a web interface
RSS, groups, file sharing, interface with twitter and facebook....
many features good for collaboration that github doesn't have...

John Griessen