[OpenSCAD] openscad-2011.05.10 exports non-manifold STLs

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Thu Aug 4 13:37:29 CEST 2011

On Aug 3, 2011, at 10:58 AM, Giles Bathgate wrote:

> This might help to remove unwanted triangles...
>
> http://www.cgal.org/Manual/latest/doc_html/cgal_manual/Surface_mesh_simplification/Chapter_main.html

Looks interesting. I would start out using it before exporting, and consider a module later on.

The reason I'm sceptic towards a module is that I'm still not sure if CGAL will survive the next major version of OpenSCAD. Otoh, reports from people using OpenCascade don't look too promising, so there are few alternatives.

 -Marius