[OpenSCAD] feature request: resize

Don Bright hugh.m.bright at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:44:14 CEST 2011

Hello

I could not figure out how to do it in the generic case. To make a
'resize' feature for a generic module, it seems like you'd first have
to calculate the bounding box of the module. To calculate the bounding
box of a CSG operation, like difference or intersection, you have to
calculate the points of the new object resulting from the CSG
operations. It doesn't seem like this is possible without using CGAL
(or OpenCASCADE), neither of which can do it in 'real time'. I'm
assuming that in OpenSCAD it is desirable to only have features that
can be used in the fast real-time 'preview' mode as well as the
rendered mode.

-DB