[OpenSCAD] Caching files?

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 01:16:06 CEST 2011

I have a project with a config file that is included in all the other files.
I have a main file that is a complete machine and it uses lots of modules
that include the config file. I use an external editor on another machine
because openscad locks up my main machine when python is running and I need
to have python running 24/7.

If I change a constant in the config file and recompile with F4 or F5 the
uses of the constant in the main file use the new value, but modules that
are used by the main file still see the old value. Flush caches doesn't fix
it. If I open the module it shows the correct value but when I return to the
main file it still uses the old value. The only way I can get all of the
code to use the new value is to close openscad and reopen it again.

It behaves as if it reads files into an internal cache somehow and can see
two versions of the same file at the same time. I can even remove code
completely and still see it being run from the main file. What on earth is
it doing?