[OpenSCAD] Misc bugs

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Sat Aug 27 21:50:34 CEST 2011

On Aug 24, 2011, at 16:53 PM, nop head wrote:

> openscad seems to lock included files so that they cannot be deleted until it is closed. They can be written to though, so it is only noticeable with an external editor that delete files before writing them.

This sounds fishy. OpenSCAD should close all its files once they are parsed and to my knowledge, there is no locking mechanism employed. Do you know if this is a Windows-specific issue?
I've verified that included files are not kept open using lsof on Mac OS X.
Is it possible to figure out _why_ the files cannot be deleted?

> The pan with right mouse button drag moves the object further than the mouse. The discrepancy seems bigger with a slow PC.

Yes, this is a long-standing GUI issue. I wanted to use an OpenGL abstraction for rendering and scene interaction, but no concrete plans yet.

 -Marius