[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD Digest, Vol 15, Issue 7

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Tue Feb 15 15:34:31 CET 2011

On Tue, February 15, 2011 9:04 am, Elmo wrote:

>> I'm all for it , but as KpykcÑŠ said , pythonocc is there too.
>
> Yes, having a third backend for pyscad using pythonocc would be awesome
> too. But let's first experiment on the syntax/API/DSL design with the
> two backends that are being developed now.

The thought that keeps coming to my mind is that while python is great,
I'm a perl fan.  ;)  If people want to work on a low-level API for
integration with another language, how much extra work is it to make sure
that API works with other language*s* instead of just the one?

There would still need to be a glue layer I'm sure to each language, and
I'm sure that's something that would have to be written by
language-specific maintainers, but a standard API to allow that would make
that something OpenSCAD wouldn't have to worry to directly about.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.