[OpenSCAD] feature suggestion: modeline / view defaults

chrysn chrysn at fsfe.org
Wed Jun 22 01:16:40 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:34:18PM +0100, nop head wrote:
> I would have thought that noeditor and autoreload should be user preferences
> applied to any file rather than stored in the model file. I.e. they should
> be set by the menu and persist across sessions. Possibly they should also be
> combined as I can't see why you would have one without the other.

i'm not opposed to having them as global persistable options, but there
are times when they are useful on a per-file basis, for example if, in a
project, there is one generated file that never needs an editor shown.

besides, modelines allow to have options in a projects that apply over
different users' checkouts independent of local settings.

regards
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom