[OpenSCAD] BOM generation; SolidPython available

Stuart Young cefiar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:57:39 CET 2011

On 9 March 2011 11:29, Evan T. Jones <evan_t_jones at mac.com> wrote:
> The request for BOM generation seemed interesting, so I used my
> Python-OpenSCAD compiler, SolidPython to write it up today.  It's one line
> before every part you want to count, then each time that part's called, it
> will be added to the total.  If per-unit cost is supplied, it'll add that
> up, too.
> Demo code is available at:
> git://github.com/SolidCode/SolidPython.git   (examples/bom_scad.py)
> This is a complete Python front-end interface to OpenSCAD.  Elmo Mäntynen,
> the maintainer of MCAD, has put SolidPython together with MCAD and Ian's
> comprehensive Python port, Pyscad, together in one Github location:
>  https://github.com/SolidCode
> Check it out.

Might also want to check out ThingDoc.

https://github.com/prusajr/ThingDoc

Creates BOMs and eventually I believe it will do assembly instructions
for multi-part objects.

PS: Since it's written in Python, this could fit in right with what
you're doing. Also I believe someone has already suggested it to
nophead.

--
Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)