[OpenSCAD] That did it...

Giles Bathgate giles.bathgate at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 19:11:38 CEST 2011

Oh I hadn't thought of roll!

I am pretty sure you can get every camera angle you would ever need
with, Location, Direction and Roll.

As for the names of the variables they could be called $Jill $Fred and
$Bob for as far as I care, I was just suggesting the syntax would be
similar to the $fn and $t "special variables"

Sensible names might just simply be:

$CameraLocation = [10,10,10];
$CameraDirection = [0,0,0];
$CameraRoll = 90;

Or you could just have:

$Camera = [[10,10,10],[0,0,0],90];

Anyway, I am sure we will think of something simple an intuitive when
it comes round to it. On another note, for animation to work you need
to be able to change the value in the $Camera vars, and I think
OpenSCAD's limitation on variables that don't vary could hinder that.

Regards

Giles