[OpenSCAD] Syntax Highlighting & Language Extensions

Christopher Olah christopherolah.co at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:19:59 CEST 2011

Hey All,

I spent my weekend hacking on openSCAD and I thought people might be
interested. I added syntax highlighting and a couple language
extensions:

    * Dot/Cross Product (* and %)
    * length function for lengths of vectors and strings
    * accessing characters in a string via []

I'm also thinking of adding the following features:

    * includes using relative paths
    * echo not prepending with “ECHO: “
    * concatenate strings/vectors with a “++” operator
    * describe vectors in circular/spherical coordinates. Something
like magnitude$theta$phi?

I've also done a post on my blog
http://christopherolah.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/extending-openscad/.
My code is at https://github.com/colah/openscad .

Your thoughts are appreciated. Also, I'd like to merge my code: do
people prefer frequent small pull requests or less frequent big ones?

All the best,

Christopher Olah