[OpenSCAD] Syntax Highlighting & Language Extensions

Giles Bathgate giles.bathgate at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:04:42 CEST 2011

On 29 March 2011 02:54, Christopher Olah <christopherolah.co at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the former, I'm going to change my code so that its only enabled if
> one isn't using QCodeEdit. That way people can get syntax highlighting
> either way.

I would remove the qcodeedit stuff if you have done a native
implementation (QSyntaxHilighter?) When I implemented it I hadn't
realised that qcodeedit was effectively a dead project, and that there
was something better now natively in QT. I used qcodedit because it
was mentioned in the OpenSCAD TODO.txt. It also adds and extra
external dependency like you say, It does do some nice things like
line numbering and code collapsing, but I didn't utilise those
features

Have a quick read of this thread in case I missed anything:

http://rocklinux.net/pipermail/openscad/2010-April/000312.html

Regards

Giles