[OpenSCAD] Subtraction of shapes containing coplanar faces

Bernardo Carneiro carneiro.be at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:32:08 CET 2011

Hi,

I've recently moved from OpenCascade to OpenSCAD because I was having a
problem with multiple subtractions.

Imagine the following situation, you have a large solid block. I want to
subtract 2 cubes of same size that are connected to each other via one
coplanar face. Just imagine one begins at x=1, ends at x=2 and the other
starts at x=2 and ends at x=3. If I subtract only one of the cubes, it
works perfectly, but if I subtract both I always get the winding order
error. Is this a known problem with coplanar faces?

I can send example files that reproduce the error if needed. Many thanks in
advance! I've been trying to solve this problem for the last 3 months with
many different ideas but none were stable enough with OpenCascade,
hopefully I can get this to work with OpenSCAD.

Cheers and have a nice day,

--
Bernardo Pires Carneiro