[OpenSCAD] Subtraction of shapes containing coplanar faces

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Tue Nov 15 15:44:43 CET 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 14:49 PM, Bernardo Carneiro wrote:

> thanks again for the quick answer. Here are the files. "chip" is the large solid block I mentioned and "positive" contains two shapes that have one common coplanar face. Here's the code I used to get the error.
>
> import_stl("positive.stl", convexity = 5);

The import module doesn't support importing two shapes sharing a face.
If you import each of these two shapes separately, then subtract them both from the positive object, you'd have a better chance of succeeding.

This might still fail though, as nophead pointed out in his comment, but it's worth trying.

 -Marius