[OpenSCAD] : OCE (Opencascade Community Edition)

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Wed Nov 30 18:03:11 CET 2011

On 2011-11-30, at 11:45 AM, Marius Kintel wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2011, at 17:25 PM, Laszlo KREKACS wrote:
>> I think it would be nice to jump onto this OCE bandwagon, and request
>> bugs, which bother as the most, like 0 width faces while union:)
>>
> It would be cool to build an OCC/OCE backend for OpenSCAD.
> In the current sources, this should be limited, as a start, to implementing OCC versions for these two classes: CGALEvaluator and PolySetCGALEvaluator. Perhaps using tests/cgaltest.cc as a base app.
> There might be need for some refactoring to do this properly as CGAL is the only real geometry backend we've got atm.
>
> If there are any OCC experts out there who's like a challenge, I'd be happy to support them with knowledge and refactoring.
>
> Eventually, I might take on this myself, but I don't really see it happening in the very near future.
>
> -Marius

I'm not an expert, but you may be able to leverage some of the existing work being done by the FreeCAD project:
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad/index.php?title=Main_Page

Andrew.

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/