[OpenSCAD] Problem with complex scad file

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Thu Oct 20 01:07:04 CEST 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 00:11 AM, Don Bright wrote:

> then after printing "CSG Normalization" it rapidly gobbles up 800 M

CSG normalization can severely mess things up some times.
In some cases, it might be faster to do a full CGAL evaluation instead (as CSG normalization is only used for the preview).

If this behavior is different from earlier versions of OpenSCAD, you might have stumbled across a new bug.

I'm out traveling atm., so I have limited time to investigate, so the more information you manage to dig up, the easier I can contribute.

Cheers,

 -Marius