[OpenSCAD] Status OpenSCAD development

Don Bright hugh.m.bright at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:55:03 CEST 2011

Sorry but I have been unable to reproduce this bug again, for some reason.

I just installed Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit server into Virtualbox 4.1.4 r
74291 , to match your setup. (although I am hosting VirtualBox under
Ubuntu 10 running on a Pentium4 (32bit), not a Mac)

I was able to compile cgalpngtest and run it on a simple sphere.scad
and produce the normal output png. It also reported that both
GL_ARB_framebuffer_object and GL_EXT_framebuffer_object were both OK.
I dont know why our systems glewinfo reports  ARB and EXT FBO's
differently. I tried using
MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=-GL_ARB_framebuffer_object ./cgalpngtest on my
system, to mimic your system (ARB disabled, EXT enabled), but
cgalpngtest just automatically switched over to using EXT and worked
as expected.

The only way to make it error i can find is to use
MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=-GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, leaving ARB
enable, which generates an GL_INVALID_OPERATION error at framebuffer
binding, which I assume is a MESA bug (since ARB works fine when you
don't specifically disable EXT).

I tried the same things under Ubuntu 11 in VMWare, and it worked OK there too.

I have improved the error reporting code a little bit (system-gl.cc)
and uploaded it to my branch.

DB