[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD Digest, Vol 23, Issue 11

nop head nop.head at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:48:40 CEST 2011

It appears that you can have recursions because if a function calls itself
openscad crashes. But for some reason the ternary operator seems to not work
on functions. Is that just a bug or is there a fundamental reason why it
doesn't?

If it did you could solve the problem with

function toto(k) = k ? toto(k-1) + k : 0;