[OpenSCAD] This time OpenCSG is right & CGAL is wrong...

Dan Zuras 3D threedee at nonabelian.com
Mon Oct 24 14:36:27 CEST 2011

> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 04:50:27 -0700
> From: Whosawhatsis <whosawhatsis at gmail.com>
> To: Dan Zuras 3D <threedee at nonabelian.com>, openscad at rocklinux.org
> Cc: William Adams <william_a_adams at msn.com>
> Subject: Re: [OpenSCAD] This time OpenCSG is right & CGAL is wrong...
>

> If you're just making it hollow to decrease printing time, I will
> second the suggestion to just use skeinforge to make it hollow.
> You can set the infill to 0 and give it a few extra shells to make
> the walls thick enough for strength. The object will print faster
> that way, and this also has the advantage of allowing skeinforge
> to fill some of that space if it needs to because the internal
> overhangs are too steep, and the object would otherwise cave and
> cause a failed print.

	OK, I have created a skeinforge model that deactivates
	fill.  It has has 4 extra shells on the Alternating
	Solid Layer & 3 each on the Base & Sparse Layers.
	Given that the even entries WILL have flat overhangs,
	are these the correct settings WRT overhang?  - Dan

	(Please excuse the slight basenote drift all.)