[OpenSCAD] slow render, need help

Don Bright hugh.m.bright at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:53:50 CEST 2011

i have similar problems.

i was able to debug the scad file a little bit by commenting out a
bunch of 'difference()' lines, reducing $fn to 10, and increasing all
of your basic parameters by a factor of 10 (i.e. box_height=700
instead of 70..... sometimes the drawing code crashes on small decimal
differences that dont exist when you deal with larger numbers. )

anyways, when i add the diff() back in it freezes as described.
running git openscad.

i also run
 nice -n 19 ionice -c 3 openscad
so i am able to kill it without having to hard-reset my machine.

-DB