[OpenSCAD] Status OpenSCAD development

Don Bright hugh.m.bright at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 06:29:50 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Marius Kintel <marius at kintel.net> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2011, at 18:52 PM, Don Bright wrote:
>
>> If it is not the bits (64 vs 32) and it is not the operating system
>> (ubuntu 11, ubuntu 10, debian, freebsd 7) and it is not the emulator
>> (VirtualBox, VMware) then I am stumped. Maybe it is something
>> particular to the way VirtualBox runs Ubuntu 11 under Mac OSX?
>>
> Hi, I'm back.
>
> Investigating further, it turns out that a glGetError() directly after the call to glXMakeContextCurrent() in OffscreenContext() already fails (error 0x500: invalid enumerant).
>
> ..so it looks like a more serious problem than FBO extension issues.
>
> It could of course be that VirtualBox under Mac doesn't support off-screen contexts.
> Not sure how to proceed, but I might tinker with it on and off.
>
>  -Marius

An idea. Perhaps this will help narrow it down. From within the
ubuntu11 on virtualbox:

bash
export SCREEN=:5
Xvfb :5 -screen 0 800x600x24 &> xvfb.log &
cgalpngtest sphere.scad out.png

-----

this will create a Xvfb fake x server on  :5. when cgalpngtest runs it
will connect to :5 (thanks to DISPLAY env var), and connect to the
xvfb server instead of to ubuntu's X server under virtualbox.

If that works, it might help narrow the problem down

DB