[OpenSCAD] boolean logic in openscad

Don Bright hugh.m.bright at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 01:48:10 CEST 2011

didn't mean to trash the idea i just
am not sure if it will get integrated into mainstream release anytime soon

here is my hacked up version, it has 5 bitwise operators. & | ^ << >> ,
or AND OR XOR SHL SHR

https://github.com/downloads/donbright/openscad/notopenscad_setup.exe

it will not overrwrite your openscad, its called 'notopenscad'. i dont know if
it will work with your procedural texture mapping (which i have confused
in my brain with procedural coloring or something.. oops)

i presume you have windows???? if not here is the git branch:
 https://github.com/donbright/openscad/tree/crazybits
you can clone as normal, just do 'git checkout crazybits' after clone

anways basically it works by taking the double,
making it an unsigned int, doing the C++ thing ( & | ^ << >> ) and
recasting to double.

any more  than that and i run up against the limitation of C++ that its
not 'super easy' to overload operators that are not already
operators,,, see expr.cc

however im guessing there would be some way around that too (just im
kinda sleep derprived..)

-DB