[OpenSCAD] hull with for bug

William Adams william_a_adams at msn.com
Sun Sep 4 03:58:59 CEST 2011

I would use this feature if I had it.  Right now I have to bother with creating explicit face lists for things like icosahedron.  If I had Minkowski working on polyhedron, I could just specify the vertices and be done. Of course, the beauty is, once you create the various minkoskyized polyhedra, you can then do CSG with them, so, life just gets easier. I think another interesting direction to do is isosurfaces.  I've simulated blobs in OpenScad, but without being able to turn the point cloud into a mesh, it's kind of limiting.  It would be great if I could generate my point cloud, using the tiny spheres, then do a hull() on that to get a surface, at least the exterior. -- William

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.

http://internationalwilliam.spaces.msn.com/